Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Yeah didn't take a genious to estimate that you'd want the belfs cloned. You are right. Just like it does not take a genius to know you'll want to steal everything from them including their city cause at the end of the day, you are still not playing helfs, but void elves and belfs strutting around their golden city is a painful reminder of that fact. So please, spare me the pointless pretense. We all know where this is going, why deny it?
    You do realize I don't care about playing high elves, but fair-skinned void elves? Which means I won, so deal with it
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It's funny how we still don't have access to high elves on the Alliance, and playable Blood Elves essentially got the complete HE aesthetic package.

Blizzard is a joke, and the obvious Horde bias is beyond tiresome at this point. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You do realize I don't care about playing high elves, but fair-skinned void elves? Which means I won, so deal with it
    Well enjoy your victory playing a high elf but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Well enjoy your victory playing a high elf but not really.
    I will enjoy my victory playing as a fair-skinned void elf, which I, as a void elf player and Alleria fan, have been asking for since 2017, thank you very much. You can enjoy being a sore loser on the forums
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-23 at 06:24 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    all I wanted was for Alleria to set up the Windrunner as a new royal lineage for Eldre'thalas and rule the Alliance Highborne there; the Horde can have Quel'thalas, Lordaeron, Eastweald, Alterac, and Dalaran
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I personally feel that Paladins, while they would be nice, are entirely unnecessary to portray a High Elf character. So long as the aesthetics are available, missing one class isn't a deal breaker. Void Elves do need a selection of traditional hair colors and perhaps some hairstyles shared from Humans to help round out the the look, but they don't actually need copy/pastes of any Blood Elf exclusive options.

The Kul Tiran hair textures are virtually identical to Void Elf hair textures so the Kul Tiran colors could easily be shared with Void Elves giving them more traditional High Elf color options without copying or being identical to Blood Elf hair colors. And as I mentioned previously, just sharing a few human hairstyles (and maybe adding a toggle for the hair tentacles like night elves have for their hair leaves) would give enough hairstyle options for a High Elf look without just straight up copying anything exclusive to Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-08-23 at 07:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I personally feel that Paladins, while they would be nice, are entirely unnecessary to portray a High Elf character. So long as the aesthetics are available, missing one class isn't a deal breaker. Void Elves do need a selection of traditional hair colors and perhaps some hairstyles shared from Humans to help round out the the look, but they don't actually need copy/pastes of any Blood Elf exclusive options.

The Kul Tiran hair textures are virtually identical to Void Elf hair textures so the Kul Tiran colors could easily be shared with Void Elves giving them more traditional High Elf color options without copying or being identical to Blood Elf hair colors. And as I mentioned previously, just sharing a few human hairstyles (and maybe adding a toggle for the hair tentacles like night elves have for their hair leaves) would give enough hairstyle options for a High Elf look without just straight up copying anything exclusive to Blood Elves.
    Yeah, while it would be a perfect world if access to Paladins were there, it's not a deal breaker not to have it. An ideal perfect world would've been actually having High Elves from the get-go (over NE) and then VE/NE coming later, but we don't live in a perfect world!

I agree that Kul'Tiran and hell even Human hair textures would be the best way to go.

Especially as it appears some BE players are seemingly getting way too distraught (from the hyperbole/tone of some select posts I've seen) and I guess they don't need further additions to that.

All in all, I would like to reiterate to everyone that this is a video game, and the world isn't ending just because a bit of sharing happens between races within a video game.

Think more people need to keep that in mind overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Yeah, while it would be a perfect world if access to Paladins were there, it's not a deal breaker not to have it. An ideal perfect world would've been actually having High Elves from the get-go (over NE) and then VE/NE coming later, but we don't live in a perfect world!

I agree that Kul'Tiran and hell even Human hair textures would be the best way to go.

Especially as it appears some BE players are seemingly getting way too distraught (from the hyperbole/tone of some select posts I've seen) and I guess they don't need further additions to that.

All in all, I would like to reiterate to everyone that this is a video game, and the world isn't ending just because a bit of sharing happens between races within a video game.

I think Blizzard just decided that they disagree with Ghostcrawler's comments about how he personally felt about the addition of Pandaren. Clearly, neutrality in customization options is not something that Blizz was ever against as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post

I think it would be a terrible shame (but admittedly funny) if those opposed to Alliance High Elf options were to continue fighting against requests for hair colors from Kul Tirans and hairstyles from Humans resulting in Blizzard copy/pasting all the Blood Elf hair colors and hairstyles onto Void Elves instead because people opposed the requested alternatives.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    I think Blizzard just decided that they disagree with Ghostcrawler's comments about how he personally felt about the addition of Pandaren. Clearly, neutrality in customization options is not something that Blizz was ever against as a whole.
    Yeah, while that felt obvious when multiple other developers said they would support inclusion of High Elves, it's nice that we have hard proof his statement was his own personal view and not representative of Blizzard, then and today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I think it would be a terrible shame (but admittedly funny) if those opposed to Alliance High Elf options were to continue fighting against requests for hair colors from Kul Tirans and hairstyles from Humans resulting in Blizzard copy/pasting all the Blood Elf hair colors and hairstyles onto Void Elves instead because people opposed the requested alternatives.
    Oh it would be even more hilarious if that was the case lol. It's interesting because the point of all these threads (like this one and the ones on the official forums) were always born out of 'Blizzard let us bring you in-game examples for this request' and most of those opposed to the initial request were basing it on 'feelycraft' ("I stop being a special snowflake" "it's going to ruin faction identity foundation of the game" "stop asking for a copy paste") and it seems to have hit some of those opposed really hard now that High Elf customizations are coming in Shadowlands.

That's why I always have taken the stance to others of simply request what you as a player would want to see rather than spend so much time repeating 'no' in various manners.

It didn't work for stopping the initial request, and it for sure won't work in the future since we've gotten confirmation more will come later. I am frankly surprised to still see others take their aforementioned opposition stance when it's clear Blizzard didn't agree with them.

Given that Blizzard didn't agree with them (on the stance of no High Elf skins to Alliance), I'm not sure what makes them continue to think Blizzard will stop it there. Especially considering Allied Races haven't had their 'proper turn' for increased customizations yet.

I kind of wonder if they just need to vent their frustrations about it and so do it here in snarky posts like we've seen on the last page.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    so, you are not even denying that is indeed the truth, you just try to throw the word back at me. ok

lol, because it is logically impossible, void elves are a subrace of high elves, not the other way around and high elves cannot be a "neothype of void elves", this is just playing with semantics to again, people not see the word "void"

yes, and thats fanfic,and no to me

it is a issue for people not see the word void in their character and that is straight up petty, next phase is changing racials like lot of people have being suggesting

hey man, that is my opinion, you think it is necessary create a whole new concept, to just to not have the word void in your name, thats up to you, i don't think the concept of this is necessary, would only add more confusion to the character creation that is fine to me the way it is.

Im totally fine in picking a troll in the current character creation and changing his color and his subrace, i don't see necessity of having ICE, for me to know im a ice troll, at all.

thats why it don't work the way it is showed and would only cause more confusion over the character creation because one, the elves are separated between factions and two is not based fully around the reality of the races, while the Troll and dwarf part are partially right(still debated with the wildhammer/bronzebeard thing and it is missing zandalari), the elves parts is not right, people haveto stop thinking they are the same case.

If they better polish this and scrap entirely the elf section, then maybe we could talk, but again, to me, not necessary
    I mean you are downright admitting your issue is the whole "elf section" so all the lols to that. So at least you can see the concept as a whole has merit, but you just have to keep trying to fit that anti high elf nonsense in there.

Cause it is nonsense; if the prime subgrouping corresponds to faction, any subsequent subgroupings should follow on that. The "reality of the races" for whatever measure of that we decide on, is secondary to the reality of the already present Horde/Alliance dichotomy.

Cause, again, the whole point is subgroupings within the already present choices to give players more immersion and control, your whole "reality of the races" is a spanner on the works you yourself have put in there. Because you decided to put your own set of parameters so you can exclude "High Elves" from the conversation, which other than being utterly anti high elf beyond reason, what's the point of?

Sure, let's pretend that "High Elves" don't fit with the idea, I really don't care for your take on that. Whatever reason you have to be this unreasonable about letting alliance players have some High Elf fantasy is of no concern to me. Cause regardless of the HE issue, something like this system would add more choice and immersion to some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the art director said that the race high elves are added to blood elves and void elves, meaning that this customization will also be for blood elves and blood elves that use that customization are also high elves. there are people in the alliance who say that the only high elves are those of the alliance and that is not true
    Go be a Horde High Elf for all you want, that's really up to you.

Let us know how self identifying as a "Horde High Elf" goes.

don't you guys have enough elves already? get over it

Quote Originally Posted by ThePainTrain69 View Post
    don't you guys have enough elves already? get over it
    I know sometimes is nice to feel included, but, do you really think "get over it" hasn't been said like, a couple of times since... 2004?

Like you have to understand to a degree that the people hanging around here like to discuss about elves, for fun! So if that's not something you enjoy that's fine, but gotta try to fathom other people like to do other things than you, you know?

At the end, we are all in the same forum about a game, so who is free of the sin of worrying about inconsequential stuff?

3+ Year Old Account
    theoretically, if Amani Trolls bask in the Sunwell for long enough, will they mutate into... Wood Elves?

also, in an alternate world where Tyrande got Dath'remar and the Highborne mass executed, how many problems in the world that wouldn't have existed?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    theoretically, if Amani Trolls bask in the Sunwell for long enough, will they mutate into... Wood Elves?

also, in an alternate world where Tyrande got Dath'remar and the Highborne mass executed, how many problems in the world that wouldn't have existed?
    Not really, the magic shield that protects quelthalas also prevents the magic from leaking, in this way they kept the sunwell hidden from the demons. an amani who lives in zul aman must not feel anything from the sunwell

3+ Year Old Account
    Not really, the magic shield that protects quelthalas also prevents the magic from leaking, in this way they kept the sunwell hidden from the demons. an amani who lives in zul aman must not feel anything from the sunwell
    I mean like a welcomed and offcial troll-conversion-therapy like the Dark Trolls in the Well of Eternity

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I mean like a welcomed and offcial troll-conversion-therapy like the Dark Trolls in the Well of Eternity
    We don't really know how long it took for trolls to become night elves. It could be thousands of years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean you are downright admitting your issue is the whole "elf section" so all the lols to that.
    yeah, i literally say why the issues is whit that, is completely wrong, and my issue is also with the night elves and trolls, since they are missing zandalari

there is also the problem of causing more confusion because sub races are spread across factions and there is even undead races there that are not playable, and should not be(because as far i know lore still matters) and would not enter in the subrace section, because they are DEAD, and again, subraces with different racials and all, it would be just a hot mess

i see no necessity to have a screen saying what the fuck my troll or my dwarf is, when i can just change his color.
    So at least you can see the concept as a whole has merit, but you just have to keep trying to fit that anti high elf nonsense in there.
    im saying the concept could be polished and maybe done it right, if they fix the errors(but i doubt since problems i already listed) right now its just a tool of propaganda to remove the void in the elf name.
    Cause it is nonsense; if the prime subgrouping corresponds to faction, any subsequent subgroupings should follow on that. The "reality of the races" for whatever measure of that we decide on, is secondary to the reality of the already present Horde/Alliance dichotomy.
    so, its going to be an arbitrary thing not close to reality, whats the point then
    Cause, again, the whole point is subgroupings within the already present choices to give players more immersion and control
    you already have that, the devs literally said that, and you have the options in your hand, you don't need the screen spelling that out, this is searching for validation to not have "void" in your name
    your whole "reality of the races" is a spanner on the works you yourself have put in there. Because you decided to put your own set of parameters so you can exclude "High Elves" from the conversation, which other than being utterly anti high elf beyond reason, what's the point of?
    what? the screen is straight up wrong, because "high elf" is not a subrace of void elf but the other way around
    Sure, let's pretend that "High Elves" don't fit with the idea, I really don't care for your take on that.
    then why are you quoting an answering me then?

"High elf" would be in the same spot of "troll" and "dwarf", not the other way around, thats why they are wrong
    Whatever reason you have to be this unreasonable about letting alliance players have some High Elf fantasy is of no concern to me
    lol, you already have that, you want a name change to not see the word "void" in your elf

im not even just talking about the ones in the alliance but horde too, not rly a fan of both factions have the same damn name
    Cause regardless of the HE issue, something like this system would add more choice and immersion to some people.
    the choice is already there, in the form the new customization options

the art director said that the race high elves are added to blood elves and void elves, meaning that this customization will also be for blood elves and blood elves that use that customization are also high elves. there are people in the alliance who say that the only high elves are those of the alliance and that is not true
    I'd ignore anyone who thinks they can tell you that Blood Elves aren't High Elves or that you can't roleplay the way you want. They have nothing to stand on.
    Blood Elves are High Elves!

3+ Year Old Account
    if I can't get Alteraci Human for the Horde I'll just get a former Allerian High Elf who sympathizes with them and fights for the Horde