Today's build is interesting.
    I thought the character customizations were done and ready for the pre-patch release, but apparently there are still some new minor additions possible.

There may be hope that natural hair colors will be added to the Void Elves for the pre-patch. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    I thought the character customizations were done and ready for the pre-patch release, but apparently there are still some new minor additions possible.

There may be hope that natural hair colors will be added to the Void Elves for the pre-patch. <3
    At the very least they should get white. Alleria's VOID form has white hair, so white is NOT incompatible with void.

Of course, other non-depressing colors should be added (until they finally add High Elves in full), but white should have been available from the start.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

We will probably get release date tomorrow. That will give us an idea of how long Blizzard has to add more things.

But I think there will still be a lot of minor additions.
    Whatever...

3+ Year Old Account
    I see a Silver Covenant tent but I don't remember seeing them in WoD?

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Those tents were made in leatherworking if i remember right, it served as a place to get rested bonus, just like the inns. I myself made few silver covenant ones.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I see a Silver Covenant tent but I don't remember seeing them in WoD?

Nice, more evidence Silver Covenant isn't neutral

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, so looks like even in WoD the High Elves were part of the Alliance.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/profe...rking-overview

"Garrison Tents

Garrison Tents are craftable for 25 Raw Beast Hide if a follower with Leatherworking is assigned.

There are buildings that both Alliance and Horde vendors sell, as well as some faction-specific buildings:

Alliance: Ornate Alliance Tent, High Elven Tent, Elune's Retreat

Horde: Ornate Horde Tent, Blood Elven Tent, Orgrimmar's Reach

Both: Fine Blue and Gold Tent, Fine Blue and Purple Tent, Fine Blue and Green Tent, Ironskin Tent, Outcast's Tent, Enchanter's Tent, Savage Leather Tent, Archmage's Tent, Brute's Tent, Sturdy Tent, Crusader's Tent, Patchwork Hut, Deathweaver's Hovel, Nomad's Spiked Tent, Distressingly Furry Tent, Voodoo Doctor's Hovel, Simple Tent

If you rest in any tent for 10 seconds, you gain a 10% stat boost for 1 hour. The tents are all Bind on Account."

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting to see this was as far back as WoD.

3+ Year Old Account
    hmm I wonder what's the relationship between High Elves and Draenei given that the Blood Elves and Draenei are... eh
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

5+ Year Old Account
    Probably quite good actually, the Draenei and the Highvale High Elves have a joint settlement in the Hinterlands, probably because the Highvale don't seem to use much magic and seem to just be Farstrider Exiles. It's the largest cooperative agreement we see between them.
    Last edited by Valandale; 2020-08-27 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    Nice, more evidence Silver Covenant isn't neutral

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, so looks like even in WoD the High Elves were part of the Alliance.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/profe...rking-overview

"Garrison Tents

Garrison Tents are craftable for 25 Raw Beast Hide if a follower with Leatherworking is assigned.

There are buildings that both Alliance and Horde vendors sell, as well as some faction-specific buildings:

Alliance: Ornate Alliance Tent, High Elven Tent, Elune's Retreat

Horde: Ornate Horde Tent, Blood Elven Tent, Orgrimmar's Reach

Both: Fine Blue and Gold Tent, Fine Blue and Purple Tent, Fine Blue and Green Tent, Ironskin Tent, Outcast's Tent, Enchanter's Tent, Savage Leather Tent, Archmage's Tent, Brute's Tent, Sturdy Tent, Crusader's Tent, Patchwork Hut, Deathweaver's Hovel, Nomad's Spiked Tent, Distressingly Furry Tent, Voodoo Doctor's Hovel, Simple Tent

If you rest in any tent for 10 seconds, you gain a 10% stat boost for 1 hour. The tents are all Bind on Account."

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting to see this was as far back as WoD.
    High Elves have ALWAYS been Alliance. They haven't been playable, but all High Elves have always been Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    High Elves have ALWAYS been Alliance. They haven't been playable, but all High Elves have always been Alliance.
    Oh I know. It was more of a 'say it louder for those in the back' as this thread and others concerning High Elves on MMO-C tends to get filled with people speaking as if High Elves don't exist in and/or never been or stayed Alliance.

Hence the :P at the end too.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    I dont want any more lightforged, voidforged, fireforged, mechaforged, arcaneforged, naturefored, race, give me something normal
    so, Alteraci Humans

that is not locked to specific class
    they can be rogues (WC3 Bandits), warlocks or mages (WC3 Rogue Wizards), priests (WC3 Heretics), or even paladins (WC3 Bandit Lord), and ofc warrior and hunter too

doesnt have strict niche.
    they could be dark edgy cultists or shadowy sinsiter assassins or righteous lawful good knight that is just politically Horde or even give them ties to Vrykul since the Reforged Bandit models now look like Vrykul, and as for their Paladins they can be the bland Silver Hand Knight or a assassin type Paladin like the Bandit Lord or even some sort of something like "runemaster greatwarriors inspired by the Vrykul" or some bullshit like that but if Blizzard can do it, they can do it (I changed my mind now the Vrykul design in Reforged could be welcomed to them) or they could even be shamans since they would learn some whatevers from the Vrykul culture or from the Frostwolf neighbors

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Those tents were made in leatherworking if i remember right, it served as a place to get rested bonus, just like the inns. I myself made few silver covenant ones.
    that's nice, I hope Shadowlands enable them for more RP for Void Elves (and maybe perhaps also enable the High Elf Tent for Horde players wanting to have a blue eyed Blood Elf fantasy)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    but all High Elves have always been Alliance.
    to be fair I wouldn't say all since the Quel'lithien Elves stayed neutral and although the devs said the blue eyed Sunreavers were a mistake - Lanesh and that Horde Paladin in Legion weren't ruled as mistake to have blue eyes; then there's the anti-Alliance High Elf pirates near Southern Barrens

A new blood elf NPC with the same purple eyes as the alliance's high elf NPCs.

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...40911729209344

Lathysra Goldenstar<Portal Trainer>
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...denstar#outfit

Maybe a bug or maybe not. It could also be a future sharing of personalization between VE and BE.

3+ Year Old Account
    looks like a Blood Elf who overstayed in Dalaran perhaps? Dalaran is also home to Blood Elves

i want purples eyes!

I admit that the release date in late October (thus prepatch only one month away) destroys the chances of seeing any more customizations being added before 9.0. If next week’s build does not come with anything of notice, then what we got is pretty much what we will have for launch.

Next chance only in 9.1.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a bug or maybe not. It could also be a future sharing of personalization between VE and BE.
    Looks to be more of a bug.

https://twitter.com/valarynn/status/1298941146811584513

That NPCs model got updated to purple eyes when the female High Elf NPCs did too. It's been there.

There's also High Elf NPCs that have green eyes as well.

Info comes from Valarynn on Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I admit that the release date in late October (thus prepatch only one month away) destroys the chances of seeing any more customizations being added before 9.0. If next week’s build does not come with anything of notice, then what we got is pretty much what we will have for launch.

Next chance only in 9.1.
    Yeah, let's see if they updated the Void Elf underwear with the human skin tones before Shadowlands pre-patch lol

That's about the only change I expect for Void Elves.

As anyone else noticed on the PTR -and Beta I assume as well- that make HE NPC's use 2 different eye colors (the first 2 new HE colors it seems) but females keep using the purple one heh

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

Next chance only in 9.1.
    I really don't think we should holding our breaths for anything else big added this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

A new blood elf NPC with the same purple eyes as the alliance's high elf NPCs.

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...40911729209344

Lathysra Goldenstar<Portal Trainer>
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/npc=...denstar#outfit

I mean if there can be blood elves with blue eyes, then there can be blood elves with purple eyes.

The issue is that we still don't know what this eye color is supposed to mean, cause it still feels like a bug because it's gender locked -even when it exists for both genders in the files-

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I mean if there can be blood elves with blue eyes, then there can be blood elves with purple eyes.

The issue is that we still don't know what this eye color is supposed to mean, cause it still feels like a bug because it's gender locked -even when it exists for both genders in the files-
    I kinda think purple should remain a Void Elf thing with gold remaining a Blood Elf thing. If they start sharing those, it might just make more sense to make them neutral like Pandaren and allow a VE on Horde or a BE on Alliance. I doubt they will do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arthur Blair View Post
    I kinda think purple should remain a Void Elf thing with gold remaining a Blood Elf thing. If they start sharing those, it might just make more sense to make them neutral like Pandaren and allow a VE on Horde or a BE on Alliance. I doubt they will do that though.
    The thing is that the purple now on HE female NPC's is not the same VE's have; kinda the same color, but different texture -VE purple eyes look like void elf eyes, far more glowing- so as an eye color option is unavailable to both VE and HE.

So from the start as a choice it came out of the left field, like we are assuming is for elves that are very linked to the arcane, and so far it's presented inconsistently in the game, hence why it seems to be a bug.

Like my rationale is that it was going to be used on certain elven NPC's with a strong arcane connection -like Dalarani elves that survived the loss of the Sunwell in Dalaran, thus had access to pure arcane magics- such as Vereesa as per her Hearthstone artwork wielding the arcane infused Thas'dorah. But that all HE female models use them feels more like a bug than the intention, and even so, it really seems like an NPC option -like red eyes-

3+ Year Old Account
    looks like Azara and Bavan are Blood Elf turncoats that somehow escaped Priest Kath'mar's brainwashing