3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    "I don't like High elves so here's why"
    not really; I like High Elves though and I'm also one of the pro-helfers back in the Obelisk Kai days but let's be real though; there's no longer anything "high" or noble on the Alliance High Elves, they all cast it out aside
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I agree with what you are saying and it seems your answer is also in what I posted:

"High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between high and blood elves is only political."

Reading through here for the past couple of months, many people seem to think that High Elves and Blood Elves are two separate races when in fact they are not. Two sides of the same coin.

Blood Elves are High Elves, that just had a name change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No dude this is not how it works. I quoted you because what you said didnt make sense. Now you try to twist it that I didnt gave anwsers to your silly question which are not even relevant now.

Oke kid you are already annoying me, but I already said this was probably way before your time and it was a yhibg in 2007/2008 and even a wowpedia page was presented to you.

Its flying over your head. No one said anything about how they view themselves by they we obviously mean blizzard so please stop this nonsense. The fact is what has already been said. Blood elves are high elves, not every high elf is a blood elf. This is just how it is.

What are you on about man? I already said I dont care about your personal feelings why they feel like that.

Your questions are silly and are not relevant at all...
    Ok still no answer. End of story. You can move on. I don't care about yours aswell you know I just want facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    not really; I like High Elves though and I'm also one of the pro-helfers back in the Obelisk Kai days but let's be real though; there's no longer anything "high" or noble on the Alliance High Elves, they all cast it out aside
    I never said High elves were noble or something like that...
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

3+ Year Old Account
    don't mind if I move the goalpost but I thought it means they aren't High Elves in intrinsic value by then
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neumann77 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying and it seems your answer is also in what I posted:

"High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between high and blood elves is only political."

Reading through here for the past couple of months, many people seem to think that High Elves and Blood Elves are two separate races when in fact they are not. Two sides of the same coin.

Blood Elves are High Elves, that just had a name change.
    I never said that either Blood elves and High elves are the same race. In fact, I already mentionned it when I said Blood elves are Horde elves and High elves Alliance elves. It's a political difference, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

don't mind if I move the goalpost but I thought it means they aren't High Elves in intrinsic value by then
    Oh ok.

To be honest, I even think modern blood elves are more noble than the High elves themselves if we look at the past events.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok still no answer. End of story. You can move on. I don't care about yours aswell you know I just want facts.

- - - Updated - - -

End of story?

Its end of story if you stop spreading wrong information.

Your one question was already anwserd, how a high elf feels or how a blood elf feels is not relevant to the point for the fourth time. You got nothing and got proven wrong multiple times now. What else you want?

I advise you to read up some blood elf lore.

Also your ugly bias is showing, which again is weird, because it wasnt about personal pov.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-03-03 at 03:12 PM.

Horde players trying to reclaim "High Elf" from the Alliance purely to spite them is like Alliance players trying to claim that Eredar are Alliance because the species name for Draenei is Eredar, even though they've abandoned that name for themselves long ago in favor of Draenei. Same for Blood Elves and High Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of story?

Its end of story if you stop spreading wrong information.

Your one question was already anwserd, how a high elf feels or how a blood elf feels is not relevant to the point for the fourth time. You got nothing and got proven wrong multiple times now. What else you want?

I advise you to read up some blood elf lore.

Also your ugly bias is showing, which again is weird, because it wasnt about personal pov.
    "So I, Alanar of the MMO-CHAMPION Forums, declared all of you High elves, even if you never wanted to be named like that and above all, even if you abandoned for good that name 20 years ago. Deal with it."

If Blood elves abandoned that name decades ago, then stop pretending they're something else than Blood elves.

Now if you want me to say that Blood elves and High elves are part of the same race, now we can agree on something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Horde players trying to reclaim "High Elf" from the Alliance purely to spite them is like Alliance players trying to claim that Eredar are Alliance because the species name for Draenei is Eredar, even though they've abandoned that name for themselves long ago in favor of Draenei. Same for Blood Elves and High Elves.
    Hahahahahaha exactly.
    Draeneï are Draeneï, and Eredar are Eredar.

Yarathir, I agree with you on that. But I also think that there are many players who "headcannon" think that when they play as a Void Elf that they are a High Elf. Yes...but no. Blood Elf is a subsection High Elf and Void Elf is a subsection of Blood Elf. 100% RP as a high elf with the new blue eyes and what not, more power to you.

Just officially, Void Elves are Blood Elves.

Since I like to source, also from Wowpedia:

The void elves (or ren'dorei, for "Children of the Void" in Thalassian)[1] are one of the playable Alliance allied races in World of Warcraft, introduced at the end of Legion. Once blood elves, they succumbed to void corruption after an expedition exploring new magics went awry. Alleria Windrunner, who had recently learned to harness the shadow and use it for the good of Azeroth, saved these wayward elves by teaching them control. In return, they now serve the Alliance.

I want to be clear I am 100% on board with people RP as what they want. Just stating the official sources here for clarification regarding the elves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "So I, Alanar of the MMO-CHAMPION Forums, declared all of you High elves, even if you never wanted to be named like that and above all, even if you abandoned for good that name 20 years ago. Deal with it."

If Blood elves abandoned that name decades ago, then stop pretending they're something else than Blood elves.

r.
    Look kid.. its flying over your head that is one thing that is clear.

None of what you said makes any sense lol, what is so hard about the saying: every blood elf is a high elf, bit not every high elf is a blood elf. These are plain facts.. these are just names ye, but that is what they are, why are trying discuss what a blood elf is?

Ye the name got dropped in frozen throne, bit it doesnt change what they are lol still high elves, but now.known as blood elves. How they feel about that blablabla is not relevant my god dude.

You are realy making a fool out of yourself..

10+ Year Old Account

Ye the name got dropped in frozen throne, bit it doesnt change what they are lol still high elves, but now.known as blood elves. How they feel about that blablabla is not relevant my god dude.
    So why are you bringing it back sweety?

High elf isn't a race, it's a political name for Alliance elves and... that's all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So why are you bringing it back sweety?

High elf isn't a race, it's a political name for Alliance elves and... that's all.
    Im not your sweety.

We know that.. genius. Again not the point /facepalm.

Honest question: do you even read or just randomly using words and hopefully it works. Well it doesnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Penguin, be gentle, since you know that :

Blood elves = Horde elves
    High elves = Alliance elves

Otherwise, if blood elves are High elves, then the Alliance also has blood elves.
    Again.. read it dude. Wtf are you even saying here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I dont think any one is claiming the high elf title besides some left over fans. Since both sides have them.. its not realy a big deal. I see the opposite actually, blood elf players mostly just want to be a blood elf and not realy.cus of blue eyes. The problem with comparing those 2 is that they csn actually look very different from each other eredar and dreanei, where blood elves and high elves look exactly the same. A name change isnt suddenly making you a different race.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-03-03 at 04:14 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I dont think any one is claiming the high elf title besides some left over fans. Since both sides have them.. its not realy a big deal. I see the opposite actually, blood elf players mostly just want to be a blood elf and not realy.cus of blue eyes. The problem with comparing those 2 is that they csn actually look very different from each other eredar and dreanei, where blood elves and high elves look exactly the same. A name change isnt suddenly making you a different race.
    but don't you think it's also a good idea to have a storyline of some non-SC High Elves going back to Silvermoon like the Allerians and Dalarani High Elves to reflect the blue eyes?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    but don't you think it's also a good idea to have a storyline of some non-SC High Elves going back to Silvermoon like the Allerians and Dalarani High Elves to reflect the blue eyes?
    Sure that is not a bad idea. It would help taking away the confusion with blue eyes and why we see them on the horde. Would this also be needed with purple and golden eyes?

It would be nice to see that explained on both sides tho. High elves with the blood elves in silvermoon and high elves with the void elves in.. stormwind I guess or that floating rock. High elves are.on both sides now so it would make sense.

It seems the golden eyes were a BC thing cus of the sunwell so just a late thing they added.

- - - Updated - - -

I should bring this back here
    Nice sum up btw.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-03-03 at 04:25 PM.

I want to add more Wowpedia here.

"but don't you think it's also a good idea to have a storyline of some non-SC High Elves going back to Silvermoon"

There are already a High Elf representation at the Sunwell.
    "Though without any official leader, Vereesa Windrunner leads one of the few organized high elf collaborations, the Silver Covenant, as its self-styled Ranger General. Auric Sunchaser, a captain of the remnants of Alleria's ranger cadre found in Terokkar Forest, serves as the high elven representative at the restored Sunwell in modern Quel'Thalas."

So there are High Elves in Silvermoon. This seems to be a gesture of good faith then politics.

As for Void Elves, Void Elves are technically not High Elves (You can role play as one yes but technically they are Blood Elves.)
    "Once blood elves, they succumbed to void corruption after an expedition exploring new magics went awry. Alleria Windrunner, who had recently learned to harness the shadow and use it for the good of Azeroth, saved these wayward elves by teaching them control. In return, they now serve the Alliance."

I don't care if there are BE in the Alliance and I don't care if there are HE in Silvermoon. Just stating sources.

Blood Elves are a subsection of High Elves and Void Elves are a subsection of Blood Elves.

Except they didn't really say that.

They said they added some high elf customization options. They never said they added High elves are a race because High elves aren't playable as of now.

Face it. The blood elf you play and your blood elf leaders do claim themselves as Sin'dorei, not Quel'Dorei, so saying blood elves are high elves is pointless.
    Art Director Ely Cannon
    According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

What the art director says for me is more important than what you say! she says high elves are a race! and that they are adding high elves as a playable race as a customization.

if you have a thalassian elf with blue eyes is a high elf whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2021-03-03 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Art Director Ely Cannon
    According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn't really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we're providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available.

What the art director says for me is more important than what you say! she says high elves are a race! and that they are adding high elves as a playable race as a customization.

if you have a thalassian elf with blue eyes is a high elf whether you like it or not.
    High elf customizations. Still not adding High elves as a race. You can RP as one of the them with all these customizations, but High elves as a whole still have not been added to the game.

Just enjoy your blood-eyed blood elf acting like the High elf he ceased to be since TFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Neumann77 View Post
    I want to add more Wowpedia here.

"but don't you think it's also a good idea to have a storyline of some non-SC High Elves going back to Silvermoon"

There are already a High Elf representation at the Sunwell.
    "Though without any official leader, Vereesa Windrunner leads one of the few organized high elf collaborations, the Silver Covenant, as its self-styled Ranger General. Auric Sunchaser, a captain of the remnants of Alleria's ranger cadre found in Terokkar Forest, serves as the high elven representative at the restored Sunwell in modern Quel'Thalas."

So there are High Elves in Silvermoon. This seems to be a gesture of good faith then politics.

As for Void Elves, Void Elves are technically not High Elves (You can role play as one yes but technically they are Blood Elves.)
    "Once blood elves, they succumbed to void corruption after an expedition exploring new magics went awry. Alleria Windrunner, who had recently learned to harness the shadow and use it for the good of Azeroth, saved these wayward elves by teaching them control. In return, they now serve the Alliance."

I don't care if there are BE in the Alliance and I don't care if there are HE in Silvermoon. Just stating sources.

Blood Elves are a subsection of High Elves and Void Elves are a subsection of Blood Elves.
    They are not subsections, just political and identity labels. High Elf is the race. Blood Elf and Void Elf is a political alignment.

High elf customizations. Still not adding High elves as a race. You can RP as one of the them with all these customizations, but High elves as a whole still have not been added to the game.

Just enjoy your blood-eyed blood elf acting like the High elf he ceased to be since TFT.
    she says that high elves are a breed and that they are added as customization.

sandfury and wildhammer are now playable too

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    They are not subsections, just political and identity labels. High Elf is the race. Blood Elf and Void Elf is a political alignment.
    Yup high elf is the race and renaming themselves was just sort of statement qnd honor of their fallen. It doesnt magically make you a different race. Just a different name.

- - - Updated - - -

Some never get it..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-03-04 at 09:56 AM.