It is important, lore-wise.
    Okay.

/10 char

- - - Updated - - -

And more stuff

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Okay.

/10 char
    Why do you think they call each elf race a different something-dorei?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I don't think it's all that important that the name is shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I don't think it's all that important that the name is shared.
    I think it does.

I think it does.
    When High Elves and Highborne interact, but when does that happen, other than in Dalaran between the male highborne enchanter and the male high elf enchanter.

I've always thought one way to continue customizing our characters would be to have several racial-specific class skins. Not as thorough as some of the class skin concepts we've seen, but just enough to distinguish them so we have a lot of flavor.

Void Elf Paladins become playable in the form of Void Knights, and their spells are tinted purple and some spells of course renamed. Mechanically, plays the exact same.
    Tauren Paladins become Sunwalkers and some of their spells are given a sun theme and with appropriate renaming, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    This is true.
    Yes... and not just that. Not only they wear Paladin gear, but they also use Paladin abilities and are known as "Twilight Vindicators"; "Vindicator" is a draenei name for "Paladin".

What people also ignore is that the Ren'dorei, being exiled Sin'dorei for the most part, might also have former Blood Knights amongst their ranks. The Blood Knights are infamous for having drawn their powers from a chained Light Naaru.

What if the Ren'dorei accomplished the same thing, but with a Void Naaru instead? The Naaru would be siphoned of its Void energies and they would be used to empower chosen Ren'dorei warriors, thus giving a twisted and dark reflection of what we know as the "Paladin", the holy warrior.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-03-06 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    When High Elves and Highborne interact, but when does that happen, other than in Dalaran between the male highborne enchanter and the male high elf enchanter.
    When you define a race.
    It can't share a name with another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes... and not just that. Not only they wear Paladin gear, but they also use Paladin abilities and are known as "Twilight Vindicators"; "Vindicator" is a draenei name for "Paladin".

What people also ignore is that the Ren'dorei, being exiled Sin'dorei for the most part, might also have former Blood Knights amongst their ranks. The Blood Knights are infamous for having drawn their powers from a chained Light Naaru.

What if the Ren'dorei accomplished the same thing, but with a Void Naaru instead? The Naaru would be siphoned of its Void energies and they would be used to empower chosen Ren'dorei warriors, thus giving a twisted and dark reflection of what we know as the "Paladin", the holy warrior.
    After tbc blood knights became full light followers and the original void elves were mages.
    Voidladin are a good thing for void elves they dont need blood knights

That would only be an issue if they spoke either on Darnassian or Thalassian, and to skirt around that issue they could simply refer as "my people" and "your people". Any potential official communication between groups would be in common so again, not an issue.

That they share a name in their mother tongues when the everyday language of the alliance is common -where their names are different- is a peculiarity at best that would bear little issue.

I think it does.
    I mean it's okay if you do, but I have already told you why I think it's not important and so has Tanaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    After tbc blood knights became full light followers and the original void elves were mages.
    Voidladin are a good thing for void elves they dont need blood knights
    I didn't say they would be Blood Knights?

Also no idea why you referenced their original group, that's not what I was talking about at all. Rangers also joined the Ren'dorei and were transformed into the Umbral Rangers, no reason why you can't fit the Blood Knights in there too through enough writing.

That would only be an issue if they spoke either on Darnassian or Thalassian, and to skirt around that issue they could simply refer as "my people" and "your people". Any potential official communication between groups would be in common so again, not an issue.

That they share a name in their mother tongues when the everyday language of the alliance is common -where their names are different- is a peculiarity at best that would bear little issue.
    These are all gameplay aspects, not lore.

I didn't say they would be Blood Knights?

Also no idea why you referenced their original group, that's not what I was talking about at all. Rangers also joined the Ren'dorei and were transformed into the Umbral Rangers, no reason why you can't fit the Blood Knights in there too through enough writing.
    The current blood knights are followers of the light and would not start using void powers. taking into account the pain caused to alleria by the simple fact of touching turalyon, I imagine that for a blood knight it would be suicidal to be linked to the void.
    I think it would be more normal for void elves to learn to be viodladin by stealing that knowledge from the twilight hammer

These are all gameplay aspects, not lore.
    I'm literally making a point from an in universe perspective.

Again, you can disagree, but you are just dismissing what I am saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I've always thought one way to continue customizing our characters would be to have several racial-specific class skins. Not as thorough as some of the class skin concepts we've seen, but just enough to distinguish them so we have a lot of flavor.

Void Elf Paladins become playable in the form of Void Knights, and their spells are tinted purple and some spells of course renamed. Mechanically, plays the exact same.
    Tauren Paladins become Sunwalkers and some of their spells are given a sun theme and with appropriate renaming, etc.
    Indeed. Class Skins could bypass some of the class/race combos that seem implausible. Lorewise, it would greatly expand the player immersion to have more fantasy variety, and gameplay wise, it would allow people to choose to play their favorite race without being as limited on class options.

Ren'dorei were kind of a mistake because Blizzard will never let them fully unchain themselves and melt serious faces with their void powers, that would make the Alliance less than the goody two shoe holy chivalrous knights led by a golden child.

It's tragic how they got Worgen'd this way, they had so much potential though I think they never should have been a thing and Worgen should have been the only dark race with High Elves being the actual new race added. Not this weird compromise shit that they are doing. :T

I'm literally making a point from an in universe perspective.

Again, you can disagree, but you are just dismissing what I am saying.
    That's what disagreeing means.
    WoW is not just built from in-game perspective, it has lore to back it up. And, currently, those two share elven names.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The current blood knights are followers of the light and would not start using void powers. taking into account the pain caused to alleria by the simple fact of touching turalyon, I imagine that for a blood knight it would be suicidal to be linked to the void.
    I think it would be more normal for void elves to learn to be viodladin by stealing that knowledge from the twilight hammer
    Turalyon is kind of Lightforged human and possibly the most powerful paladin at the moment and Alleria consumed both Void demigod and Essence of the Dark Naaru during her adventure in Eredath. Blood knights are just regular paladins. They are not infused with the Light, they are just using it... but I agree with you that current blood knights have little interest in studying Void and becoming Void elves. I just don't think that if some of them decide to experiment with the Void for whatever Reason, it would be suicidal for them. Alleria and Turalyon does not explode when they touch and they are much more afflicted with the Void/Light than any Void/blood elf is.

I can think of ren'dorei re-using original blood knight methods of draining Naaru. After all, this was abandoned by blood knights who are now regular paladins. It was magisters who created the ritual to drain Naaru, so even with the absence of original blood knights, it's not entirely out of question.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2022-03-07 at 01:15 PM.

No, it's because the Ren'dorei offer far more to the Alliance than the Quel'dorei, it's as simple as that.

Everything the Quel'dorei can do, the Ren'dorei can also do it, and far better and more efficiently, since they are literally superior at a biological level.

The Ren'dorei are simply a far more valuable and worthy allied race to the Alliance than Vereesa's throng.
    I wouldn't go that far. Being mutated by the void doesn't mean they're now "superior at a biological level", especially considering they all suffer, daily, with the whispers of the void.

Your entire post is in question, really, but what I pointed out is the more egregious in my opinion.

No, it's because the Ren'dorei offer far more to the Alliance than the Quel'dorei, it's as simple as that.

Everything the Quel'dorei can do, the Ren'dorei can also do it, and far better and more efficiently, since they are literally superior at a biological level.

The Ren'dorei are simply a far more valuable and worthy allied race to the Alliance than Vereesa's throng.
    The high elves, as they were in the Alliance since the introduction of WoW, are core to the Alliance fantasy and setting. The Ren'dorei are a compromised, shoehorned race that, potentially, allows Blizzard to tell stories related to the void from a protagonist perspective or an antagonistic Alliance perspective. This writing convenience came at the cost of high elven and Alliance identity, further diluting the already completely diluted Quel'dorei.

The void elves are and always will be the result of compromises on Blizzard's end, created to give them leeway to tell overarching plots, with little to no regard to faction and racial history. They're the Alliance's and the blood elves' black duckling and one in a myriad of examples where Blizzard gives players what they want, but the way they don't want it.

Speaking purely from an "in-character lore perspective", they're far from being bilogically superior; they're a mentally ailing, mutated sub-species of a species that's already been affected by the fel. The Alliance essentially got a void variant of blood elves, a variant whose superior knowledge of the void is in fact what makes them the inferior option, pertaining to what unifies Alliance high elves and the Alliance as a whole.

For the Alliance to accept void-craven mongrel elves with tentacles sticking out of the their heads is the most farcical story development the Alliance had to suffer since WoW's start. Everybody can see the problem from miles away, but apparently the various leaders of the Alliance can't because the writing is insufferable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Being mutated by the void doesn't mean they're now "superior at a biological level", especially considering they all suffer, daily, with the whispers of the void.

Your entire post is in question, really, but what I pointed out is the more egregious in my opinion.
    In many ways, the void part of the void elves is what makes them inferior to Alliance high elves from the Alliance expedition to Outland and the Silver Covenant, along with a number of lodges scattered throughout the EK. These outcasts from the now-blood elven society had one cohesive motif; a refusal to accept change and being mired in more traditional living and thinking, sticking to their more traditional allies.

They Alliance high elves are, logistically and, in terms of their numbers, martially inferior to the might of the blood elven Quel'thalas, but this prevailing theme of being traditionalist outcasts and faction loyalists is what made them superior storytelling elements than the void elves could ever hope to be.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-03-07 at 02:17 PM.

That there are people here still doubting the worth of the Ren'dorei and how they have proven to be the most valuable allied race of the Alliance is proof to me that BfA's storytelling ultimately failed.

In one quest, the Ren'dorei accomplished more for the Alliance than the Silver Covenant did in 10 years of lore. That's right, because if Alleria Windrunner didn't teleport her troops and the Gnomish troops at Lordaeron in time, then Anduin and his army would have been wiped out and the Alliance would have fallen forever.

I predicted this btw. I opened a thread back in 2017 titled along the lines of "Why the Ren'dorei will prove to be the most valuable allies of the Alliance", and I 100% predicted everything perfectly. I predicted that the Ren'dorei would be the most valuable of the allied races, and this is indeed what happened. Both Lordaeron and Dazar'alor ended up being Alliance successes solely and exclusively because of the Ren'dorei's involvement.