Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    All seems a little calculated to me. Threads about the same thing, a week before Blizzcon, coming up with all sorts of "hypotheticals"

Just stop making these suggestions of expansions past. It didn't go your way. Put your big boy pants on and just move on from it.
    If you were my only audience I may oblige, but you aren't. You simply want me to stop because you don't like this fantasy. You know fantasies you like are not the only ones that are allowed. if you want only your fantasies to be allowed you should create your own forum and remove all the topics about teh alliance, high elves or night elves being cool or getting things that blood elves have some remote connection to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    If you were my only audience I may oblige, but you aren't. You simply want me to stop because you don't like this fantasy. You know fantasies you like are not the only ones that are allowed. if you want only your fantasies to be allowed you should create your own forum and remove all the topics about teh alliance, high elves or night elves being cool or getting things that blood elves have some remote connection to.
    Your fantasies require a huge part of the fanbase to get their own fun of the game be fully destroyed. So yes we think we do have the right to oppose your wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Your fantasies require a huge part of the fanbase to get their own fun of the game be fully destroyed. So yes we think we do have the right to oppose your wishes.
    So your fun in the game is no alliance elves? OR alliance elves being down in the dumps?

So you like things not being fair... and outlining a fairer exchange is not fun because it would have meant the huge horde fanbase here not getting what they shouldn't have gotten in the first place?

Because only the horde fans should benefit off the alliance fans being gutted constantly and supplying the horde with assets which when they request them for themselves the horde fans come back and tell them to their face, "that is the horde's not the alliance,... stop trying to take horde stuff" .. and we just watch with incredulity 0 the more you point out where this stuff comes from, i.e. the alliance elves, and what you want they should get in response to these guys, - they then respond "you constantly on about this" - after constantly opposing it with arguments then complaining when their arguments are consistently rebuffed.

No it's not horde stuff these guys want, its alliance stuff... most of the stuff about night elves is about night elves getting night elf stuff. You mistakenly think that because some of the night elf stuff is on the horde and some of the high elf stuff too, that it is exclusively the hordes. You are often corrected, with a lot of examples and walkthroughs to show you this is not the case, but you keep feeling robbed.

You are not being robbed. High elves are on the alliance, night elves are on the alliance. ARcane magic, nature magic, night elven cities, powerful highborne and moonguard casters these are all part of the night elves. That the Nightborne, also part of the night elf lore are on the horde doesn't mean that those parts of the night elves are now horde only.. or that high elves are horde only now.

They don't belong to the horde, they never did. And suggesting alliance elves get stuff or that the way blizzard handled it was not fair (Because it wasn't) and suggesting something that was fairer should not be ruining your fun.

If so you should re-asses what you consider fun. If you like alliance players to have nothing of theirs while the horde hoards it all, then your fun is at the expense of others unjustly.

And you don't do the same to me?
    I have tried suggesting things for Night elves, like restoring Eldre'Thalas.

But when I come up with something for Blood Elves to have something that they are known for, which none of the other elves do, you just have a meltdown.

I suggest Blood Elves become the main elves who use Fel Magic, you meltdown, screaming "nIghT ElVeS dId FeL FiRsT!!!" and waffling on about random night elf shit nobody cares about - yet all I suggest is that Blood Elves have fel magic, since they are the only Elves who were seen to actively use it in and around Quel'Thalas, with the Fel Crystals and the Magisters draining the Crystals' Magical essence. Why are you seemingly so angry about Blood Elves getting any magical focus? Arcane is already being shared, so why can't Night Elves go solo with Natural and Elune Magic and Blood Elves go solo with Fel and Holy Magic?

You are a bully.

And you don't do the same to me?
    I have tried suggesting things for Night elves, like restoring Eldre'Thalas.

But when I come up with something for Blood Elves to have something that they are known for, which none of the other elves do, you just have a meltdown.

I suggest Blood Elves become the main elves who use Fel Magic, you meltdown, screaming "nIghT ElVeS dId FeL FiRsT!!!" and waffling on about random night elf shit nobody cares about - yet all I suggest is that Blood Elves have fel magic, since they are the only Elves who were seen to actively use it in and around Quel'Thalas, with the Fel Crystals and the Magisters draining the Crystals' Magical essence.
    Really, I have never had a meltdown when you have suggested something for blood elves. Mentioning demon hunter night elves being great at fel and teachers of the blood elves is not a meltdown or objection to blood elves getting fel or having more fel.

The problem is when i mention night elves as good as anything the blood elves are good at you have a meltdown and feel you're under attack. You're not. I have often suggested many things for blood elves. Suggested Farstrider improvements, Phoenix mages, Blood mages, spell breakers, expansions to the light, to Quel'thalas, revamps. Constantly. You just don't like it if I sometimes include alliance elves in the picture. Like only blood elves should benefit. I'm often seen suggesting things for both night elves and Nightborne.

I'm allowed to agree with something and not with other things, but I don't think that only my suggestions should be. Why should I not suggest night elves get Suramar or share it? I clearly state my prefferred option would be they get something new elsewhere.. like Eldre'thalas or Zin'Azshari or Nar'thalas or a new city. Always been my first choice since Suramar went. Why? Because this way I get two night elf cities. My alliance toons can enjoy the new city and my nightborne toons Suramar. D'uh.. but am I not allowed to say if failing that then they should get Suramar and point out the importance of the place to them - I have to mention that for all the people that completley ignore the first suggestion and jump on quickly to tell me night elves have no right to it - or will never get it. I'm like sheesh, I am not saying they will get it, I don't know the future.

I remind you I play all 4 elf groups, and I don't want blood elves to be something that they are not or so different from night elves they would barely qualify as elves... stripped of half the things connected to their lore just so they wouldn't be similar in anyway to them.. even though they are called elves and are meant to be similar, for if they were not to be at all, they would surely be a different race, for their are races that are not similar to them at all, and they don't hold the name elf or have anything related to them.

Really, I have never had a meltdown when you have suggested something for blood elves. Mentioning demon hunter night elves being great at fel and teachers of the blood elves is not a meltdown or objection to blood elves getting fel or having more fel.

The problem is when i mention night elves as good as anything the blood elves are good at you have a meltdown and feel you're under attack. You're not. I have often suggested many things for blood elves. Suggested Farstrider improvements, Phoenix mages, Blood mages, spell breakers, expansions to the light, to Quel'thalas, revamps. Constantly. You just don't like it if I sometimes include alliance elves in the picture. Like only blood elves should benefit. I'm often seen suggesting things for both night elves and Nightborne.
    That's a lie.

You have gone mental over my suggestion of Blood Elves being the ones who hold more of the "Fel" related lore (in terms of Elves), because reasons unrelated.
    I don't care about your night elf bullshit, when I talk about Blood Elves having more magical advanced lore - in this case, fel magic, since they are the only ones whom have an active Blood Elf only Warlock Guild.

That's a lie.

You have gone mental over my suggestion of Blood Elves being the ones who hold more of the "Fel" related lore (in terms of Elves), because reasons unrelated.
    I don't care about your night elf bullshit, when I talk about Blood Elves having more magical advanced lore - in this case, fel magic, since they are the only ones whom have an active Blood Elf only Warlock Guild.
    I know this is about high elves still but I would totally support blood elves accepting their legacy of using fel magic. If you see with Umbric it is currently the thing to meddle with dark powers.

That's a lie.

I think you've mis-understood my reaction, grossly too if you are describing that as a meltdown. I don't have meltdowns over make belief races. Fel related lore is a big area... I don't think blood elves should over take night elves when it comes to the demon hunter side, it's just not right I don't think. But there is the warlock side to fel, and other parts, so why not?

That's not a meltdown, going on about Illidan being the first and greatest at it , is a valid point, he's a night elf, and some of his followers have been at it for thousands of years, being a magically adept race, it's not fitting that the blood elves suddenly overtake and get more capable than them.. as much as you'd like. But the sorcery of the Illidari isn't the only avenue for excellence. And I'm only speaking in comparison to night elves. Blood elves could reign supreme on the horde for fel. While orcs do have a history with it, being turned green by it too, yet orcs do not have the magical apittude that elves have, and against orcs, I can see Blood elves surpassing. Forsaken, Trolls, Goblins don't have any real fel history though they are talented with magic too.

- - - Updated - - -

I also reject your attempts to have each elf good at only one type of magic or a couple share between them all e.g. night elf nature, void elf void, blood elf fel and nightborne arcane. It isn't the reality, some have more some have less

Night elves have arcane , nature and fel, blood elves arcane, light and fel. void elves have arcane and void. Nightborne have arcane. I personally feel all elves should have great strength in arcane and nature, but they could have strengths in different elements of it. like blood elves in fire, Night elves in star/moon arcane, void elves in frost void, Nightborne in time arcane etc. This is because elves are about magic, and the foundation is nature and arcane and they get that from night elves

I think you've mis-understood my reaction, grossly too if you are describing that as a meltdown. I don't have meltdowns over make belief races. Fel related lore is a big area... I don't think blood elves should over take night elves when it comes to the demon hunter side, it's just not right I don't think. But there is the warlock side to fel, and other parts, so why not?
    Well their is an Illidari in Dragonflight, who is part of the Dragonscale. He is a Blood Elf.

The fact is - there's no getting away from the Sanctum Guild and the Illidari. Shinfel and Kayn co-leading the fel side to the Sin'dorei in a revamped Quel'Thalas is such a "Blood Elf" feel thing and is something that harkens to what Blizzard said about them being an extremely magical race.

As their is no current night elf warlock characters, you don't get this with them, but you have Druids and Priests of Elune.
    The Blood Elves overtaking the Night Elves in terms of fel magic, through the Sanctum and Illidari would be great progression for Quel'Thalas society as a whole. Perhaps destroy the Sunwell and have it's essence replaced by an Arcane Crystal.

Whilst the Illidari and the Sanctum work on maintaining the revamped "Ruins of Silvermoon" through fel crystals and powerful magics

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is about high elves still but I would totally support blood elves accepting their legacy of using fel magic. If you see with Umbric it is currently the thing to meddle with dark powers.
    To make the Blood Elves interesting, I do now accept that Kael'thas, Shinfel and Kayn, would be the most ideal characters to bring into the Quel'Thalas fold.
    Two Blood Elf Warlocks and a Blood Elf Demon Hunter, along with the Arcane and Light...it would make the Blood Elves, as a core race, stand out from the rest - rather than being the Horde Humans with pointy ears.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-10-26 at 11:05 PM.

Well their is an Illidari in Dragonflight, who is part of the Dragonscale. He is a Blood Elf.

The fact is - there's no getting away from the Sanctum Guild and the Illidari. Shinfel and Kayn co-leading the fel side to the Sin'dorei in a revamped Quel'Thalas is such a "Blood Elf" feel thing and is something that harkens to what Blizzard said about them being an extremely magical race.

As their is no current night elf warlock characters, you don't get this with the them, but you have Druids and Priests of Elune.
    The Blood Elves overtaking the Night Elves in terms of fel magic, through the Sanctum and Illidari would be great progression for Quel'Thalas society as a whole. Perhaps destroy the Sunwell and have it's essence replaced by an Arcane Crystal.

Whilst the Illidari and the Sanctum work on maintaining the revamped "Ruins of Silvermoon" through fel crystals and powerful magics

- - - Updated - - -

To make the Blood Elves interesting, I do now accept that Kael'thas, Shinfel and Kayn, would be the most ideal characters to bring into the Quel'Thalas fold.
    Two Blood Elf Warlocks and a Blood Elf Demon Hunter, along with the Arcane and Light...it would make the Blood Elves, as a core race, stand out from the rest - rather than being the Horde Humans with pointy ears.
    And every other blood elf outcast that left the homeland for something else except Valeera she can step on a lego.

And every other blood elf outcast that left the homeland for something else except Valeera she can step on a lego.
    That's only one, plus the High Elves and Void Elves.

The majority populace are still Blood Elves, but a Sunwell loss might make them question Lor'themar's strict "little fel please" policy, where even he knows he has to go back to it.
    Then comes Kayn and Shinfel and later Kael'thas, who Shinfel "borrows" from Revendreth.

Shinfel is a woman who would lie and deceive to get what she wants. If she wants Kael'thas, then she'd retrieve him and bring him back to Quel'Thalas.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a meltdown, going on about Illidan being the first and greatest at it , is a valid point, he's a night elf, and some of his followers have been at it for thousands of years, being a magically adept race, it's not fitting that the blood elves suddenly overtake and get more capable than them.. as much as you'd like.
    Well I'm sorry, but it is.
    Blood Elves come from a lineage that made up the most Elite magical users in Azeroth.

Wielding Fel Magic, as we've seen before, is child's play for them. The Sanctum could and should easily do far greater fel-based activities than what the lowborne night elves ever did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here are some pics of some of my voidy high elves

There are more... but I don't want to spam to much :P
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

As their is no current night elf warlock characters, you don't get this with them, but you have Druids and Priests of Elune.

I also reject your attempts to have each elf good at only one type of magic or a couple share between them all e.g. night elf nature, void elf void, blood elf fel and nightborne arcane. It isn't the reality, some have more some have less

Well yes in terms of quantity, not necessarily quality. But somehow I don't think that the numbers are the most important thing. WE can now play Eredar man'ari too, and they're are the most skilled warlocks, not blood elves. But blizzard doesn't seem to put that much stock in who is strongest now. You looka t nighte lves and their impossible arcane heights, yet you don't ever get the feeling for all that, that blood elves or high elves or void elves or Draenei or even humans would be push overs despite the vast varying degrees of knowledge. Each of the elven raecs have a very strong magical nlegacy to be proud off. It's amsuing and annoyign sometimes when mmo-C horde fans to to make it as if night elves don't or shoudln't. well, they're entitled to their opinions, regardless of whether I like them or not, the relaity of the situation in the game and lore is that the night elf has one of the strongest arcane fantasies of the playable races and one of hte storngest nature ans well as fell fantasies, adn this is thanks tot he highborne/Moonguard, the Druids adn the Demon Hunters.

I can't prove that they're stronger than blood elves, I just know that blood elves are very strong in 2 of those 3 departments and I am aware the Night elves are like the older brothers, the friends, and they get on quite well, they do not see themselves as divided .. but as one. I suspect there are many elves who don't view the divisions the way fans do, in terms of horde and alliance... but there are some who surely do I fear.

however if age and knowledge meant being unbeatable we'd never have beaten Azshara, the druids of the flame, Kael'thas, the Eredar warlocks, Sargeras, The Nightborne - etc, these were all from enemies that arose among the player races, that were very powerful, with great knowledge, yet humans toppled an Eredar legion Lord, and stormed the Nighthold too - okay in the case of Azshara it was more peers against peers and we haven't really fought any powerful night elven arcane users until we went tot he Nighthold. We beat those ancient druids of the flame, and toppled a few powerful demon hunters too.. Humans with little knowledge and short lifespans were able to do some of these things.

The best you can do is be proud of your races strong heritage in the things you like, but there is no way you are going to be able to claim top spot, it's too close to call. In magic you have all 4 elf factions , the Draenei, Humans, Forsaken and Dracthyr. Gnomes too. While it is the elves that have the magical thing from birth and even in their blood. Dracthyr are created for it. Draenei , Humans and Forsaken can all trace powerful magical legacies with evidence. Humans and Forsaken come from Titanforge, created by Order, it's no wonder they are good at it. Night elves, and through them all elves, are made elves through the magic of Azeroths blood, it's pure arcane magic, and unlike humans their strongest affinity and dedication has always been to magic first. Their longer lifespans mean that collectively as race and individually they will trounce most humans, but humans who are gifted in the arts, can rise to the level of the best elves.

Draenei are so ancient, they developed a technological and magically advanced civilization and were space ready too. they are also from a titan soul planet and they had the Naaru enhance them via the ata'mai crystals, increasing their aptitude. While the leaning was to the light as it was a light based elevation, they are shown to have grown to be very skilled arcane and fel users, only the night elves were able to stand up to them. This is fel empowered and enhanced (and we must add Eredar. And since the night elves' victory - a victory of the Moonguard and the Order of Elune, 10,000 years later, humans, gnomes, dwarves and other races also showed they were capable of standing up against them. Even if the average Eredar was way more powerful.

And that's the thing about wow, being the most powerful on paper doesn't mean you're actually the most powerful as some human can rise up and beat your arse.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-10-27 at 11:47 AM.

[QUOTE=Mace;54273646]

Night elves have arcane , nature and fel, blood elves arcane, light and fel. void elves have arcane and void. Nightborne have arcane. I personally feel all elves should have great strength in arcane and nature, but they could have strengths in different elements of it. like blood elves in fire, Night elves in star/moon arcane, void elves in frost void, Nightborne in time arcane etc. This is because elves are about magic, and the foundation is nature and arcane and they get that from night elves

Well yes i terms of quantity, but somehow I don't htink that is definitely the most important thing. THe NIght elves are like the older brothers, the frineds, and they get on quite well, they do not see themselves as divided .. but as one. I suspect there are many elves who don't view the divsions the way fans do, in terms of horde and alliance... but there are some who surely do I fear.
    No clue what your even talking about.

Fel stuff for Elves should primarily just be on the Blood Elves, like nature and elune is just on the Night Elves.
    It goes back to what Blizzard said about them being a very magical race. Fel, Arcane and Light is a perfect combination and perfectly encapsulates the Blood Elves.

They also have Shinfel who should return to Quel'Thalas and spearhead the Sanctum Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Here are some pics of some of my voidy high elves

There are more... but I don't want to spam to much :P
    Nice.. are you playing them as high elves, or as void elves who haven't changed skin colour?

I have quite a few void elves too, most of them are purple skinned though but I have about 3 high elf skinned ones.

Here we go again. Didn't brother reading that wall of Text. But I think it's something about Horde players not being able to see the true potential of humans and night elves.

SNIP
    Not interested in this waffle.

It's about just giving something to the blood elves, where it was a clear that they were the magical group of elves, as per Blizzard's words in their introduction.

Warlocks, Mages and Paladins should be key in Sin'dorei society.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice.. are you playing them as high elves, or as void elves who haven't changed skin colour?

I have quite a few void elves too, most of them are purple skinned though but I have about 3 high elf skinned ones.
    I'm not RP ing, not because I have anything against it, I just never was on a RP realm. And I got so many alts that I will certainly never realm change unless I'll become really rich

In my mind they are high elves though except maybe that warrior
    It's more connected to the tmog I'm using. Sometimes it's this, sometimes it's that. I would call myself this rather a collector and esthete
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

That's only one, plus the High Elves and Void Elves.

The majority populace are still Blood Elves, but a Sunwell loss might make them question Lor'themar's strict "little fel please" policy, where even he knows he has to go back to it.
    Then comes Kayn and Shinfel and later Kael'thas, who Shinfel "borrows" from Revendreth.

Shinfel is a woman who would lie and deceive to get what she wants. If she wants Kael'thas, then she'd retrieve him and bring him back to Quel'Thalas.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm sorry, but it is.
    Blood Elves come from a lineage that made up the most Elite magical users in Azeroth.

Wielding Fel Magic, as we've seen before, is child's play for them. The Sanctum could and should easily do far greater fel-based activities than what the lowborne night elves ever did.
    Yes they do, so they have capability, but you have to remember that the night elves are those elite magical users, full of the original well enhanced power, and the knowledge to boot, and have had over 10 millennia with it, you talk about so called "lowborne" with the arrogance of the Legion period Highborne, yet the night elves are made up of the old societies Highborne and lowborne, and every Highborne was raised from a lowborne. Lowborne does not mean no talent or no skill, Highborne was and is simply a status It makes no difference. Also you do realise there are other castes right? The priest caste for example. Meanwhile the blood elves are descendants, diminished capacity, had to learn most things over again, still have only a fraction of what their night elf counterparts have.

On paper the night elf is better at this, it usually is the case in fantasy for the dark elf, but it means jack. A blood elf can fell any one of them, as can a human, and we know blood elves are capable of incredible power, doesn't matter if their foe is a 10,000 year old night elf or a 30,000 year old Eredar or dragon.

Being less or lower in Warcraft may seem worse, but usually it's better and that shows there is more to it for the weaker the race appears, it seems like they have more cunning and more adaptability even if they have les power and less knowledge innately, not to mention they are capable of gaining said power and knowledge they need and seem to be more driven to do so.. their in general higher spirit is why usually they triumph over these older people. The young are just more determined and fiery, this is their strength, the old have ore experience and knowledge which is the counter, but they have less fire and will.

Who actually really is better? You're just looking on paper and desperately wishing for something that is not, for blood elves to somehow be greater on paper, but they aren't. What you fail to see is that on paper counts for shit, and always has. Why the feck are you jealous or insecure about night elves, for all their power and knowledge look at them.. one group avoided anything to do with magic for millennia, and the other two major groups with all their knowledge, hid themselves in cities till their corruption nearly destroyed them, and now have gained some sense that blood elves have had for 7,000 years.

Do you want to be more proud of blood elves based on magical capability the likes of which Night elves clearly have more or on the fact that despite their disadvantage, they do just as well and often triumph against said night elves or any other enemy. A blood elf isn't thinking .. oo this Eredar or this Nigh elf has way more power, oo they have the Nightwell or Sargeras empowering them , I can't, they have so much lost knowledge... nope, he goes straight in, uses what he has and beats the arrogant fucker down, with his less capacity, less knowledge and less age.

having less age, less knowledge and less innate power doesn't make you worse, in fact it often stands you in better stead as the older ones over rely on their knowledge and skills, and don't seem to read the situation as quickly...while san immortal may not suffer from slower reflexes with age, much power and and knowledge does seem to breed something even more divesting.. it's called ARROGANCE, over confidence, pride and its far more crippling than old age and slow reflexes.

It is what it is, you or any human or any race for that matter even one such as orc, have nothing to be ashamed off.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere else in the thread, but how would y'all feel about Alliance High Elves (and Horde Ogres) in a Classic+ expansion?