Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    So you can pass through the western parts of the city without attacked by the guard NPCs? Try it and record it. This should be fun.
    Good thing Elves can just teleport in and don't have to pass through anything.

I am done talking about Blood Elf Guard NPCs in a High Elf thread. This pointless exchange is finished.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Falconwing Square is just that. One square. There is no evidence that the Blood Elves reclaimed the other half of their city. Baseless headcanon.

Now can the resident Mod of this section bring this thread back to its intended purpose? High Elves? I'm really tired of all this incessant and pointless talk about Blood Elves in a High Elf thread. @Aucald

This is supposed to be thread celebrating High Elves and High Elves exclusively. If someone for some strange reason wanted to celebrate Blood Elves, there's an appropriate thread elsewhere.
    You literally just chimed in after being banned again.
    There was a whole discussion going. You just came in to complain about nothing. Nothing of what you said, adds to the discussion.

Again blood elves are high elves, so what your saying is wrong as well. The ones who want to discuss things are free to do surrounding this topic. You are no judge of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood Elves don't have control over half of their capital.

Also, if you're not a High Elf fan, don't click on the High Elf megathread?
    Irrelevant and also to say blood elves have no authority over their city.. is like how do you even come up with that bs? The other part is in ruins yes.. so?? its been like that for ages. It doesnt change anything. It could very well just stay as a question area as well anyway.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-10 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    What facts? I don't see a single fact.
    Because you don't want to see any.

You have access to Gilneas, Bel'Ameth and Dalaran.

We will have access to Silvermoon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You literally just chimed in after being banned again.
    There was a whole discussion going. You just came in to complain about nothing. Nothing of what you said, adds to the discussion.

Again blood elves are high elves, so what your saying is wrong as well. The ones who want to discuss things are free to do surrounding this topic. You are no judge of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Irrelevant and also to say blood elves have no authority over their city.. is like how do you even come up with that bs? The other part is in ruins yes.. so?? its been like that for ages. It doesnt change anything. It could very well just stay as a question area as well anyway.
    Silvermoon is too empty to host the blood elves alone. So we will share the other part.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Darkfallen, Sunfury, Illidari, Scryers...potential for Felblood Elves to also be included and for Felblood Elf features to be given to Blood Elves only.

Nobody can argue against this because Draenei essentially got Burning Legion hierarchy. Burning Legion assistants are nowhere near the level of "bad" than the Man'ari so Felblood Elves, Felborne and Fel Orcs along with the Man'ari Eredar should be given as extra features.

Akin to the Night Elf Demon Hunter story in Amirdrassil, Blood Elves Demon Hunters can easily offer a quest where they rescue Felblood Elves from either Argus, Outland...Exodar...Tempest Keep and with that, Blood Elves get Felblood Elf features.
    Alliance fans can't gatekeep Horde things in Midnight and so Blood Elves should get something for themselves which isn't shared with Void Elves. Since Void Elves can't be Demon Hunters and can't get fel features, Felblood Elves should just be a Blood Elf thing.

- - - Updated - - -

True.

There's only so much I can take until the Alliance Elf Fanbase just start being so condescending and saying horrible crap like "If you play Horde, your RL morality is questionable." That is a diabolical thing to say and should warrant a permanent suspension.
    Yes, I was only saying Darkfallen and fellfury as example, but yes all those subgroups that could very well be part of that. This is what Triceron and others dont understand. The unification can mean numerous things, which is the point.

I also think fellelves could be part of that unification, that could even lead to a blood elf only costomization. There is the possibillity for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Silvermoon is too empty to host the blood elves alone. So we will share the other part.
    Actually, the Alliance will have access to ALL of Quel'Thalas, as the expansion takes place there and Blizzard no longer does Faction-restricted content. Nothing in Quel'Thalas will be "off-limits".

I expect the Silver Covenant to set up shop somewhere in the Eversong Woods and the Void Elves will take over Deatholme to continue the research of Dar'khan Drathir.

And Yeah, not only Blood Elves don't control half their city, they also don't have enough numbers to repopulate it. As evidenced by the fact that half the city is abandoned.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, the Alliance will have access to ALL of Quel'Thalas, as the expansion takes place there and Blizzard no longer does Faction-restricted content. Nothing in Quel'Thalas will be "off-limits".

I expect the Silver Covenant to set up shop somewhere in the Eversong Woods and the Void Elves will take over Deatholme to continue the research of Dar'khan Drathir.
    Vereesa could even retake the Windrunner Spire for herself and the Alliance.
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Now can the resident Mod of this section bring this thread back to its intended purpose? High Elves? I'm really tired of all this incessant and pointless talk about Blood Elves in a High Elf thread.

This is supposed to be thread celebrating High Elves and High Elves exclusively. If someone for some strange reason wanted to celebrate Blood Elves, there's an appropriate thread elsewhere.
    The discussion of Blood Elves, Void Elves, and to a degree Night Elves would be nigh impossible to avoid in any overarching topic concerning High Elves - so as long as these things don't dominate the thread to the exclusion of High Elves they can't be disallowed on their face. You, for example, have gone on about Void Elves in this thread at length, and Void Elves are twice removed from High Elves compared to Blood Elves.

With that said:

Let's pivot from this discussion/argument about Silvermoon City specifically (and Quel'Thalas generally), and its role in Midnight, and return the discussion to topics more materially concerned with themes directly or indirectly concerning High Elves and their role in upcoming stories.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2024-04-10 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Extended scope of warning.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I expect Captain Auric Sunchaser and the High Elves of the Allerian Stronghold to play a role in The War Within, since Alleria will be in the spotlight.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vereesa could even retake the Windrunner Spire for herself and the Alliance.
    I mean, Aucald.. if these are the topics you are saying then ok. Not really meaningfull anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect Captain Auric Sunchaser and the High Elves of the Allerian Stronghold to play a role in The War Within, since Alleria will be in the spotlight.
    Oke thanks for your contribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I mean, Aucald.. if these are the topics you are saying then ok. Not really meaningfull anyway.
    By "Silvermoon City" I mean the whole topic about Quel'Thalas being broken up, ceded, repopulated, or garrisoned in Midnight. It just devolves into partisan bickering along faction lines and becomes less and less about High Elves or really any of the elven groups and more about private player grievances.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    By "Silvermoon City" I mean the whole topic about Quel'Thalas being broken up, ceded, repopulated, or garrisoned in Midnight. It just devolves into partisan bickering along faction lines and becomes less and less about High Elves or really any of the elven groups and more about private player grievances.
    All this "x character WILL BE INVOLVED!" is just personal wishlists and people should refrain from putting their personal wishlists as concrete fact.
    It's dishonest and can become quite toxic, when the common sense reply is - we don't know if x character will be involved.

As it stands, only the Blood Elves are confirmed to be involved because Ion said; "We wanted to return to the land of the Blood Elves." Scattered Elven Tribes is so cryptic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    All this "x character WILL BE INVOLVED!" is just personal wishlists and people should refrain from putting their personal wishlists as concrete fact.
    It's dishonest and can become quite toxic, when the common sense reply is - we don't know if x character will be involved.

As it stands, only the Blood Elves are confirmed to be involved because Ion said; "We wanted to return to the land of the Blood Elves." Scattered Elven Tribes is so cryptic.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting a given character to have a turn in the proverbial spotlight - as long as that desire is presented as a desire, and not a statement of fact, given how little we know about the actual plot of Midnight and who will be involved.

The phrase "scattered elven tribes of Azeroth" quite obviously refers to all the disparate elven groups - Night Elves, High Elves, Nightborne, Blood Elves, Void Elves, etc. who are quite literally all across the face of Azeroth (Hyjal, Quel'Thalas, Dalaran, the Broken Isles, Stormwind, etc.) There's nothing cryptic about that, IMO.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people wanting a given character to have a turn in the proverbial spotlight - as long as that desire is presented as a desire, and not a statement of fact, given how little we know about the actual plot of Midnight and who will be involved.

The phrase "scattered elven tribes of Azeroth" quite obviously refers to all the disparate elven groups - Night Elves, High Elves, Nightborne, Blood Elves, Void Elves, etc. who are quite literally all across the face of Azeroth (Hyjal, Quel'Thalas, Dalaran, the Broken Isles, Stormwind, etc.) There's nothing cryptic about that, IMO.
    There's nothing wrong with "I hope x character is involved" but to say "x character WILL be involved" - that's the problem. I'd like a Blood Elf Demon Hunter storyline, akin to what the Night Elves got in Bel'ameth - but I'm not going to lie and say that it's deffo going to happen because we don't know.

I think it is far more cryptic because how do we know that we don't have the upper mountains of Quel'Thalas which could be a huge High Elf base? How do we know the unused area of Quel'Thalas doesn't contain a group of Felblood Elves? What about the Blood Elves and High Elves on Outland? The Illidari Elves - what about them? I don't think it's as clear cutter as just the named Elven races because there's far more that could be and is, when you actually look at the Blood Elves, High Elves and Night Elves.

Void Elves and Nightborne are more clear cut, but they aren't the only Elves around, especially since the 3 aforementioned have been in the minds of the players for far longer. (And Blood Elves and Night Elves are core races and I always believe core races should get more than allied races.)

I wish HE change their political name that is now identical to race name. Name themselfs Silver Elves, True Elves, Moon Elves - whatever. But this old bitching about High Elves in Horde and Alliance are tiresome for what? 20+ years already.

Give nonplayable characters (all 30 of them) distinguishing features, rule them out as ranger type of elves. But with Alliance favor.
    And for the love of the God - merge playable ones. Yes, sub-race concept. High Elves race - Horde Sun Elves, Horde dark elves, maybe Horde fel elves, Alliance Moon Elves, Alliance Void Elves. But - separate start zones, separate heritage armor (while their HERITAGE is the same btw), separate racials.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

That is exactly what is happening here mong the high elf fans. Claiming how things WILL happen. The response to that should be quite obvious. Especially how little we know. Its simply rediculous.

I dissagree, I think Scattered elven tribes, is quite a weird way way of talking about our known even groups. Chris never spoke about which groups either. We can assume yes, but thats it imo.

That is exactly what is happening here mong the high elf fans. Claiming how things WILL happen. The response to that should be quite obvious. Especially how little we know. Its simply rediculous.

I dissagree, I think Scattered elven tribes, is quite a weird way way of talking about our known even groups. Chris never spoke about which groups either. We can assume yes, but thats it imo.
    Scattered Elven tribes only works for Void Elves and Nightborne, since they only are 1 tribe, each.

Blood Elves, High Elves and Night Elves...the ones people really care for, this it becomes far more cryptic. The only thing we had was from Ion during an interview where he said "We wanted to return to the land of the Blood Elves." But, does that mean ALL Blood Elf tribes and groups? Do any scattered High Elf tribes factor in? Not just the SC or the Highvale, but what about expanding Quel'Thalas to have mountains and a lost group of High Elf Magi and Rangers have been there, protecting and sealing off their borders?
    Have the scattered Felblood Elf tribe settled in the inaccessible area of Quel'Thalas?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scattered Elven tribes only works for Void Elves and Nightborne, since they only are 1 tribe, each.

Blood Elves, High Elves and Night Elves...the ones people really care for, this it becomes far more cryptic. The only thing we had was from Ion during an interview where he said "We wanted to return to the land of the Blood Elves." But, does that mean ALL Blood Elf tribes and groups? Do any scattered High Elf tribes factor in? Not just the SC or the Highvale, but what about expanding Quel'Thalas to have mountains and a lost group of High Elf Magi and Rangers have been there, protecting and sealing off their borders?
    Have the scattered Felblood Elf tribe settled in the inaccessible area of Quel'Thalas?
    My point exactly. There could be more to those words and other groups imo. I think the darkfallen and felfury elves are defo group that could possibly be part of that story. This land is untouched since bc, who knows what kind of stuff they will add, such as mountaints etc. They gotta fill in this place and its quite huge.

- - - Updated - - -

And Yeah, not only Blood Elves don't control half their city, they also don't have enough numbers to repopulate it. As evidenced by the fact that half the city is abandoned.
    Meanwhile, the high and void elves you mentioned have even fewer numbers. Anyway we luckily have high elves enough in the blood elves. Who as of ask the dev also slowly losing their fel radiation, which makes their eyes blue again. High elves never left. The majority is just called differently.

Thats not evidence, a frozen state (past) of bc is a bad way of explaning that. Blood elves have way more numbers, I suspect them pushing more into quel'thalas myself. That outside questing zone, (which is just what it is) and always has been in wow., doesnt mean much and doesnt do anything for your point.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-04-10 at 01:23 PM.

It is cryptic. We can't say for sure which Elven tribes are exactly refereed to without direct mention, and only Blood Elves have been name dropped specifically.

But I would also argue it would be counter intuitive to imply an exclusion of the High Elves and Void Elves on the mere basis that they have not been directly namedropped.

IMO there is no sensible reason to publicly announcr an expansion based on Elven unification and centered around Quel'thalas if they intended to ignore the elephants in the room.

- - - Updated - - -

The Horde has access, but that's still not a hub. That's just a place where you don't get attacked by the guards and nothing else, no services, no nothing. And Dalaran was never a faction city. It was introduced as a neutral city and it still is a neutral city.

So yeah, no facts, just more of those fantasies where you wanna rob the belfs some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It is cryptic. We can't say for sure which Elven tribes are exactly refereed to without direct mention, and only Blood Elves have been name dropped specifically.

But I would also argue it would be counter intuitive to imply an exclusion of the High Elves and Void Elves on the mere basis that they have not been directly namedropped.
    But "scattered Elven tribe" doesn't make sense for High Elves. Void Elves and Nightborne work as "tribes" because they are only 1 tribe each.

High Elves have the SC, Highvale and potentially more.
    Blood Elves have Scryers, Illidari and potentially more.
    Night Elves have ALOT of Druid tribes and more groups.

The term doesn't work for the 3 races that most people do care about and have been around for longer.