never accept it friends. im with you high elves would own.

even if ion says no he's gonna be fired by the end of bfa and who knows what the next guy will say. keep fighting blizzard we must oppose them on every front if we are going to save wow from the terrible expansion they're making

so you have been told no and this thread still exists.
    why?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    That doesn't answer the question posed. Just because they make the game doesn't mean we should accept their bullshit explanations. That doesn't follow.

They could explain something with "It's magic, so that's that." I doubt many people would find such an explanation acceptable.
    It is their game they make the rules. That's how it goes when it comes to fiction. The author sets the rules no matter how rediculous the reader/viewer/player/listener deems it.

I really love how this thread is sitting here trying to debunk the reasons the lead game director, and the rest of his team, has given for not adding High Elves, as if hundreds of pages across this forum, WoW's general, and elsewhere was ever in a position to argue.

You vocal minority types are really the worst. It must be awful to wake up and be so angry about Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    why?
    It's a discussion thread about high elves, dude. Presumably they're going to discuss them in it. It's better that it's all contained here rather than having it spilled out into a bunch of different threads.

Quote Originally Posted by LowestFormOfWit View Post
    I really love how this thread is sitting here trying to debunk the reasons the lead game director, and the rest of his team, has given for not adding High Elves, as if hundreds of pages across this forum, WoW's general, and elsewhere was ever in a position to argue.

You vocal minority types are really the worst. It must be awful to wake up and be so angry about Warcraft.
    Braindead replies like this are why this continues to be a sticking point and a problem across the multitude of WoW forums. You're not any better than the guys currently smashing their keyboards over their elves.
    Last edited by Shinkishi; 2018-04-27 at 02:23 AM.

They are still in the Denial stage. Give it a few more days/weeks and they will slowly transition into Acceptance. Their darling thread extended by a CM is already sputtering and dieing out. The same will happen with this thread.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Either way, I always have and still continue to enjoy WoW
    Indeed, that's what matters most in the end anyway

Honestly the diehard helf fans and the anti-helf crowd are both equally annoying at this point.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-04-27 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    They are still in the Denial stage. Give it a few more days/weeks and they will slowly transition into Acceptance. Their darling thread extended by a CM is already sputtering and dieing out. The same will happen with this thread.
    Yeeah suure when blizz said

No horde and alliance on pvp realms

No classic/vanilla servers

No wellll ALOT of thingsn when a company has a history of changing their mind their isn't much stopping this kind of threadd/discussion

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    why?
    Because #notmydev

Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeeah suure when blizz said

No horde and alliance on pvp realms

No classic/vanilla servers

No wellll ALOT of thingsn when a company has a history of changing their mind their isn't much stopping this kind of threadd/discussion
    Except all of the examples you mentioned have no downsides aside from damaging Dev pride. That’s why they didn’t exist until now. More than anything the devs have gotten over their pouting, which is why Classic servers are becoming a reality.

Blurring the line between factions damages the game itself. It’s reality and it’s a reality the devs agree with, so no matter how much you disagree, your opinion is worthless in comparison to theirs.

They like to think they are like the pro-flight people. I guess they think if enough people quit the game for longer than a month they'd cave.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Except all of the examples you mentioned have no downsides aside from damaging Dev pride. That’s why they didn’t exist until now. More than anything the devs have gotten over their pouting, which is why Classic servers are becoming a reality.

Blurring the line between factions damages the game itself. It’s reality and it’s a reality the devs agree with, so no matter how much you disagree, your opinion is worthless in comparison to theirs.
    Those things were discussed to death, much harder than High Elves were or likely will be. Horde/Alliance on the same server was a huge thing and the detractors had the same argument about it blurring the line between factions. Classic servers damaging the game itself was one of the biggest points for those against it. Another one was Alliance getting Shaman and Horde getting Paladin. Maybe you weren't there or just didn't participate in them? The same argument you're making now about "dev pride" would be exactly the same if they decided to do a 180 on the elf question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and the sources are? they never put any number on then, and after the wtlk evrytime they shows up is just under the banner of something else, never as their own

still is different enough, when HE and BE have no differences at all

why? there is no lore for that to happens, and those changes are cosmetic, not a race thing, this will not make then different, jut elves with shenanigans

"personality" is not a thing here
    1. The sources are easily available. Look up the Silver Covenant. Void elves are also partially made of High Elves.

2. Again, the Silver Covenant.

3. They do - outside of the obvious anti fel-magic part, but also in character. They were never subjugated to the mana addiction the blood elves suffered.

4. High Elves are fundamentally different from Blood Elves, again because of the clear-cut exodus of the High Elves before the whole fel corruption. They still have their ties with the Night Elves, something the Blood Elves have permanently lost.

5. Personality, when used for character design, means how they're going to express themselves. May it be by their poses, way of talking or aesthetic style. Personality is a thing used in the domain pretty much all the time.

Again, I'm not pissed off they don't include them. I'm moderately annoyed that we traded High Elves for Void Elves, but that's fine. Void Elves are nice enough.

What actually annoys me is the excuses they use to justify their decision. No, the reason Blizzard won't include High Elves is because they wanted to add elves in the Alliance without being blamed of copy-pasting an already existing race. There's no point adding two new elven races, but their choice was still wrong in the first place.
    Last edited by Zandalarian Paladin; 2018-04-27 at 03:00 AM.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post

Annd their is no real downside except for bruised player egos to HE

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    That would be fine and all of there weren't High Elves in the Alliance already. But there are, and they're representing the Alliance way too often to be ignored. Thus people want to play as them on the Alliance, where they see them.

If the Horde had a race that was mostly NPCs representing them in several in game events that had the only playable model on the Alliance, the Horde players would want to play that group, because they can see that group in their faction representing them. They almost did have that for years...they were called Goblins, and they worked for the Steamwheedle Cartel, and the Horde couldn't play them, as they were a neutral faction. But than, one day, Playable Goblins. And not many people play them.
    Dark Rangers are an NPC in the Horde. Sylvanas has undead Blood Elf models with red eyes, or like Nathanos. Blizzard will likely argue that we can't have them because they're way too few in number and it's basically Sylvanas' personal guard.

Your argument is invalid as hell.

So we've had High Elves all along?
    RIP 145 pages.

Some creepy deluded logic flying around in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Dark Rangers are an NPC in the Horde. Sylvanas has undead Blood Elf models with red eyes, or like Nathanos. Blizzard will likely argue that we can't have them because they're way too few in number and it's basically Sylvanas' personal guard.

Your argument is invalid as hell.
    Wasn't his argument that people see an NPC race on their side and want to play it (whether it makes sense or not)? People have been asking for undead elves and Dark Ranges for as long as people have been asking for High Elves. You provided an example that makes his point.

We need the option to have Blood Elves with blue eyes <3
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?