10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Unfortunately ion's response didnt help blizzard (my opinion).
    Instead of finding a diplomatic way to appease the fans, like for example "for the storyline we have for bfa, alliance high elves race dont fit on the story we are building. But the future is opened." With this he would have respected both sides and ended the discussion for now. But instead he gave an answer that mocked the high elf fans, a considerable part of his playerbase, showing he has no intention of being neutral on the issue. Not nice, but its their franchise and their way to communicate with their players. So it just ends with people accepting this and continue or moving along and play another game.
    In other words a non-answer that still left hope.

Daz that's the worst answer he could have given, it would have kicked the can down the road and there'd still be no resolution.

Worse, because his last comment at Blizzcon was that High Elves are already playable, you can't tell me the pro High Elf community wouldn't have immediately hailed such a statement as a big leap forward and that their goal was very possible.

His answer was a kindness. You probably won't agree, but having a community of people hoping for something that is never going to happen because they are dead set against it and to just keep stringing them along endlessly is a far, far crueller fate than being told upfront, no.

Just let void elves turn back into high elves, much like worgen can turn back into humans.

And if faction balance is a problem, then give the Horde some sort of humans too. After all, humans and blood elves are the most played races, they could make them neutral and call it a day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Well that's what I'm asking here, how would they look different? So far I only get 'weight' as an issue. So they will either look more fat or look more skinny.

In which case they could just use the forsaken model like the skinny and rather unhealthy looking Kul Tiran humans.
    Slightly different body shape and posture do wonders, just look at nightborne. (i know i know, they had 10000 years to develop their perfect postures and differentiate their body shape, but i believe people can achieve this in shorter time)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Slightly different body shape and posture do wonders, just look at nightborne. (i know i know, they had 10000 years to develop their perfect postures and differentiate their body shape, but i believe people can achieve this in shorter time)
    Yeah but how would their body shape be different other than, again, weight? That's the only thing that could really change in 20 years (Possibly also how healthy they look). Posture, sure, but I bet that a lot of pro-high elves (Not saying you, since you suggested it) would HATE whatever posture they'd get as it's not high elven enough for them.

The Koreans has been at war since 1950. What differences are their between the two factions physically? Basically none.

After almost 70 years, due to diet, North Korean tend to be smaller than they use to be prior to 1950 and South Koreans tend to be taller than they were before 1950. And that is about it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    In other words a non-answer that still left hope.

Daz that's the worst answer he could have given, it would have kicked the can down the road and there'd still be no resolution.

Worse, because his last comment at Blizzcon was that High Elves are already playable, you can't tell me the pro High Elf community wouldn't have immediately hailed such a statement as a big leap forward and that their goal was very possible.

His answer was a kindness. You probably won't agree, but having a community of people hoping for something that is never going to happen because they are dead set against it and to just keep stringing them along endlessly is a far, far crueller fate than being told upfront, no.
    Maybe you should look if you don't prefer that answer because that would mean he is aware of the situation so it is more posibble.

You are just not agreeing with nothing that would slightly suggest HE are remotely posibble, because you really think they are like a unicorn descending from a rainbow, imposibble. And that's very blindly one sided if you ask me.

I would be totally fine if HE got erased or if Ion told an excuse that doesn't seemed to come from an improvised response.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    The Koreans has been at war since 1950. What differences are their between the two factions physically? Basically none.

After almost 70 years, due to diet, North Korean tend to be smaller than they use to be prior to 1950 and South Koreans tend to be taller than they were before 1950. And that is about it.
    Did you trying to implement real life logic into fantasy computer game?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Did you trying to implement real life logic into fantasy computer game?
    He is just overtrying to give an excuse to differentiate HE from BE, when it is simpler than that, just modify the model because identity.

Deleted
    Yeah but how would their body shape be different other than, again, weight? That's the only thing that could really change in 20 years (Possibly also how healthy they look). Posture, sure, but I bet that a lot of pro-high elves (Not saying you, since you suggested it) would HATE whatever posture they'd get as it's not high elven enough for them.
    I am no speaker for HE fans, but what i saw, almost everyone would be fine with different posture and more muscular/skinnier body, if it means, that horde players wouldnt feel, that we are stealing something from them.. But this whole conversation is useless, because someone comes in and tells me that we got tweaked elves as we proposed, but in form of void elves, there you are and live with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon-ami View Post
    Just let void elves turn back into high elves, much like worgen can turn back into humans.

And if faction balance is a problem, then give the Horde some sort of humans too. After all, humans and blood elves are the most played races, they could make them neutral and call it a day.
    No.

They were clear. Fair skinned Elves blurs the faction lines and while they were referring specifically to High Elves, that can be extrapolated to the fair skins for Void Elves request too. And Humans on the Horde blur the faction lines in ways I think is abnormal.

The faction wall is an insuperable barrier to these sorts of requests. The pro High Elf community has been hell bent for years on proving the faction wall didn't matter as much as everyone thought it did.

The wall has only been truly tested on ONE occasion. And that was Pandaren. Pandaren as a race succeeded. But the concept of neutrality, of losing that faction diversity, it failed hard.

There will never be another neutral race in World of Warcraft. And no currently faction locked race will ever be made de facto neutral.

Not High Elves. And especially not Humans.

The factions are simply too important to denigrate or weaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    I would be totally fine if HE got erased or if Ion told an excuse that doesn't seemed to come from an improvised response.
    Except that I and many others have used the same exact reasoning of faction integrity as Ion did for a long time. To say it was improvised is nothing more than a projection on your part.

You’re seeing what you want to see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    I am no speaker for HE fans, but what i saw, almost everyone would be fine with different posture and more muscular/skinnier body, if it means, that horde players wouldnt feel, that we are stealing something from them.. But this whole conversation is useless, because someone comes in and tells me that we got tweaked elves as we proposed, but in form of void elves, there you are and live with it
    I must've missed them then because all I ever saw were the exact same posture as blood elves, just a bit slimmer and got beards and tattoos and what not. I'm always fine with seeing new thing as long as they would make sense.

But yah if it's to any help, I thought the idea of void elves being a thing was really stupid >_>'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    Maybe you should look if you don't prefer that answer because that would mean he is aware of the situation so it is more posibble.

You are just not agreeing with nothing that would slightly suggest HE are remotely posibble, because you really think they are like a unicorn descending from a rainbow, imposibble. And that's very blindly one sided if you ask me.

See? Here it comes. Ion made an improvised response. That just happened to repeat everything he stated at Blizzcon 2017. That has been backed up by fourteen years of consistent storytelling and every other source in the game.

It was not improvised, there is no way Ion didn't know what he was going to be asked because I am sure everyone involved didn't want him to say 'i don't know but I'll get back to you on that'. Ion told you the truth. They don't want to give the Alliance High Elves.

They even told you why, because they don't want to destroy the lines between the factions.

The answer you got was a mercy. It was an uncomfortable truth but a truth. Blizzard has now done almost everything within their power to let you know that Alliance High Elves are very likely never happening. You can hope against hope, but the writing is on the wall. And maybe the writing is in the game too, we don't know what the plot of BFA holds so if something happens to the alliance high elves during the course of BFA then Blizzard will have done EVERYTHING in their power.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Except that I and many others have used the same exact reasoning of faction integrity as Ion did for a long time. To say it was improvised is nothing more than a projection on your part.

You’re seeing what you want to see.
    Those are reasonings backed up on preferences, not facts, because the only thing that separates Void Elves from Blood Elves is the Void, they are the same people, they have the same lore from there, they have the same culture, but they are exiles and now are in the alliance, it got applied the same criteria as HE to get implemented? no, they simply pushed forward the VE concept and did not tried to make something new with alliance HE, but there's nothing factual to back that decision, at least we talk about the fact that they taked advantage of the Argus storyline with the void and light couple returning so they created this race thinking they would supply the HE demand in an elegant way, and that doesn't turned that well for those who didn't liked those characters...
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-04-29 at 04:52 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    I must've missed them then because all I ever saw were the exact same posture as blood elves, just a bit slimmer and got beards and tattoos and what not. I'm always fine with seeing new thing as long as they would make sense.

But yah if it's to any help, I thought the idea of void elves being a thing was really stupid >_>'
    I think you saw the exact same posture just because most of us arent skilled in blender or any 3d program, that is why all these mockups were just slapped onto blood elf model in photoshop.. I dont believe HE fans aim for blood elven clone, but also they shouldnt make crazy ideas how to make them as much different as possible,

5+ Year Old Account
    What people obviously fail to understand is that it's Blizzard's game, after all. They don't owe anyone any explanation whatsoever, a simple "No, because we don't want to. Deal with it." would be enough to end that discussion once and for all. But instead they tried to be at least a bit diplomatic - with the result that people still fail to get their loud and clear No.

Reminds me a lot of those guys just not accepting a simple No from a girl they'd like to date because she didn't give them an "sufficient" explanation or one they don't want to hear...
    ... for all that comes to be deserves to perish wretchedly.

Deathlord Suilea - Die Aldor(EU)

High Elves aren't going to happen. Why is there a massive thread about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So you gonna play "my opponent is stupid and deaf" card when you can't answer the direct question?
    you played this card too many times already.
    Already said. Implement new unique model for HELF (NPC and PC) just like for NB. Also NB steal Highborne (Alliance) fantasy.

Kul Tiran are fatso only because they needed visual difference from default humans since they were planned to be released as Allied Race.

No amount of your "all we know till BfA about KT nation only that they are island nation and have great fleet" will change that.
    1) no reason to implement different model for race wich we all know have same model for all time in WoW. Evolution didn't changed them because there was no evolution
    2) NB fantasy lost NE fantasy about 10k years ago. When the great divide happened in treehuggers and magicusers. NE have NOTHING in common with NB. Oh yeah and you stole BE fantasy even more with getting EXACTLY same model (only color differense, while NB got darker skin tones and different body) with BE. Sorry - you lost.
    3) And even if they needed visual difference they still humans for Aliance. same as Zandalari being different TROLLS. Both factions got equall tratement - don't bring victim card there

- - - Updated - - -

in this thread there was few suggestions about changing "HE" look. But when "pro-HE" got answer that they can't be muscular because lack of mana (wich is imagine work like vitamines for their bodies) i saw only screeching. They want to be beautifull, not skinnier.

like really. Reflect your choice to be "arrogant" and instead taking what's your body need - suffer and be skinnier, because lack of needed vitamins for your body normal function. (and i don't tell to the state of like nightfallen, just more skinnier than current Blood elves)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-29 at 05:11 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    See? Here it comes. Ion made an improvised response. That just happened to repeat everything he stated at Blizzcon 2017. That has been backed up by fourteen years of consistent storytelling and every other source in the game.

It was not improvised, there is no way Ion didn't know what he was going to be asked because I am sure everyone involved didn't want him to say 'i don't know but I'll get back to you on that'. Ion told you the truth. They don't want to give the Alliance High Elves.

They even told you why, because they don't want to destroy the lines between the factions.

The answer you got was a mercy. It was an uncomfortable truth but a truth. Blizzard has now done almost everything within their power to let you know that Alliance High Elves are very likely never happening. You can hope against hope, but the writing is on the wall. And maybe the writing is in the game too, we don't know what the plot of BFA holds so if something happens to the alliance high elves during the course of BFA then Blizzard will have done EVERYTHING in their power.
    I said that it SEEMED to be, but whatever dude, keep tricking my words to fit your thinking. And storytelling and sources in the game tolds us that alliance high elves exists and fight for the alliance, and even their numbers aren't a problem to be playable because we have the goblins that escaped on a ship from their exploding island, the near extinct tauren hunted by minotaurs, the massacred darkspear tribe by murlocks, the spacegoats from a ship, the lighty spacegoats from another ship that seems to be even smaller (and even if there are 3 or 4 more ships like them, not that much of them) the gnomes in their giant gas chamber that they called city... am i wrong with what i'm saying?

And again, even they know that the faction wall is not that fragile, is delirious to think that high elves would hurt faction identity that much, because you know, faction identity are not made up just by the races they are formed, faction identity is music, colors, banners, cities, lore, culture, etc...

And please, the answer i got was a mercy? i don't really know what are you trying but saying this just doesn't show any respect to contrary arguments while you don't bring anything but an opinion, and that is very blindsided if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by suilea View Post
    What people obviously fail to understand is that it's Blizzard's game, after all. They don't owe anyone any explanation whatsoever, a simple "No, because we don't want to. Deal with it." would be enough to end that discussion once and for all. But instead they tried to be at least a bit diplomatic - with the result that people still fail to get their loud and clear No.

Reminds me a lot of those guys just not accepting a simple No from a girl they'd like to date because she didn't give them an "sufficient" explanation or one they don't want to hear...
    Ion did not said: 'No, we are not going to implement them and we are not open for it' he litteraly said that Blood Elves are that flavour of elves, and we have them on the horde, and then explains that he has no plans for the near future and anything is open for the future.

I don't know you but i don't see that as a no, i see that as a: 'We are not going to introduce them but anything can happen in the future'.

Thinking people should accept it as a total negative response is biased as fk.

And just don't try to compare us to 'guys who don't accept a no from a girl because no sufficient explanation'. I call that bullshit and trying to piss off people because you want this thread to burn in a pit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    you played this card too many times already.

1) no reason to implement different model for race wich we all know have same model for all time in WoW. Evolution didn't changed them because there was no evolution
    You are right, evolution doesnt work that fast, but i can assure you, that i can have different posture and body shape in a few years.. If circumstances forced me, like being kicked from home and not sating my addiction to crack, then it would be a few months. And i would still maintain my humanity..

Biggest plus is that i have different face than anyone else.. I know it is weird, that as a member of human race i dont share the exact same face with other 100 million people.

In other words, artistic freedom
    Last edited by mmoc09bcb5d61f; 2018-04-29 at 05:20 PM.