Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    They've kept the same opinion on this since 2005, but by all means continue believing an impossibility if it helps you sleep at night.
    Except that one out of character bit with Ion, where he said before launch of WoD, that he is excited to talk about possibilities of different races like high elves or brown orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've kept the same opinion on this since 2005, but by all means continue believing an impossibility if it helps you sleep at night.
    Yeeah no pretty sure it was some off hand comment from 2014 or somesych where it was mentioned the art team loved working on HE designs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    He imply magic can be used only in combat when every single BELF have Arcane Torrent as racial. LMAO. This dude is his own walking universe.
    dude you have schizophrenia or something? you just stop talking about something, then start another thing, and act like you know exactly what are you talking about

who said magic can be used only in combat? i literally said you don't need to use it to consume it

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    The faction wall is not that weak if they added Pandaren, Void Elves and Nightborne and nothing happened
    They've gone on record saying they didn't like how Pandaren turned out. Also, to equate VE and NB to to them is a complete fallacy lmao. Those two have major aesthetic differences from the parent model they share. As I said, time to come to reality.

i have the right to point on what they are wrong, are they going to consider and do what they want? of fucking course, this is the dillema of facts against preferences and i'm fine with that all along they respect the community around wanting high elves and give responses that do not feel as just invented on the fly.
    Except that what you think is wrong is your opinion. Everything you're presenting right now is your opinion lmao

And thanks to invite me to reality my dude, but i'm on the other side of that door already, are you okay? ohh right you are just trying to piss off me because you are not bringing anything constructive while i'm backing up what i say and you just are using developer voice as a messiah.
    No I'm just talking to a dude who thinks his opinion is more valuable than the devs' themselves. Another zealot confusing objectivity with subjectivity.

since 2005? source?
    You really think the crusade for HE started just months ago? Years ago? You really think they've never responded to these requests before now?

No. This has been going on since WoW launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Except that one out of character bit with Ion, where he said before launch of WoD, that he is excited to talk about possibilities of different races like high elves or brown orcs.
    So what are we going full on conspiracy theory now? Where's my tin foil hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yeeah no pretty sure it was some off hand comment from 2014 or somesych where it was mentioned the art team loved working on HE designs
    That means nothing. The majority of the team doesn't want to do it. That's how this works.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-04-29 at 07:51 PM.

@sorrier Frankly I am appalled a pro-HE would use the n-word so brazenly.

Deleted
    That means nothing. The majority of the team doesn't want to do it. That's how this works.
    Then stop saying that they have kept the same opinion, when it is not true.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentlepenguin View Post
    Go back in time and see if you can create an Alliance high elf from 2005 to now.
    Can't create a goblin in the horde either, so what?
    Last edited by Aldo Hawk; 2018-04-29 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and? what this mean, the impact would be the things i said

come on, face it, we are just walking in circles to have a HE version enhanced, cause the version that i talk about is not pretty

because they can just "stop", magic to elve is like food or water, without, it could cause sequelae

? not relevant, they still exist, and rangers one of the main things among elves

people don't wnat the "no magic HE" they still would want to be mages, paladin and everything else.

and they didn't drop rangers as primary battle force

except they aren't, every time HE apear, since WTLK, they are more mage aligned, from the silver covenant
    Ya know at this point. I have come to realize you are in the lost in cannot imagine ir understabd mindset. Have fun i probably will reply sometimes buut overall likely to just go whatever how i try to do with obelisk. You two really do seem stuck in your own world that ignores lore and what has been put into game or books for what one dev says.

7+ Year Old Account
    ion in 2014

- the team is thinking about HE and brow orcs, in the concept of subrace

"praise lord ion"

ion in 2017-2018

- yeah guys, we talk about, and we can't, have this purple elves cause is the least we can do

" GIMME HIS DEAD, KILL THIS CUNT, GIMME High Elf NOW"

10+ Year Old Account
    @sorrier Frankly I am appalled a pro-HE would use the n-word so brazenly.
    Ummm n word? What n word. If you mean the real life obe wtfh i never use that..bar quoting boondocks and still feel dirty.

This guy (mountain) has retconned his ancestry. First, he was ordinary human from stormwind, but hundreds of years of evolution changed him into kul tiran. That is why burly Kul Tirans make sense and slightly skinnier or meatier high elves dont make any. Because 20 years of struggling to sate hunger is not enough to look different. It takes hundreds of years, as you can see on this kul tiran.
    http://i.imgur.com/qFLPT8m.jpg
    care to remind me how much food he eat during this time, how much vitamins he eat. Comparing greenhous bodybuilding and actuall harsh life is one of the stupidest think i can think.

Your "HE" LACK of resources in their bodies, cause of their pride. Yes you can go vegetarian and this WON'T help you in bodubuilding. And more - till restoration of Silvermoon every BE lived same harsh life physically.

You can build BULKIER phys only when you have everything for it in your body. Vitamins, proteins, and etc. Your body built muscule IF IT'S HAVE BUILDING MATERIAL! And in suramar we see that is elf lack of mana - he go skinnier, not bulkier. Yeah you can be like wiry, but not bulkier. And being BULKIER totaly not help in your "ranger life".

5+ Year Old Account
    @Syegfryed i know what are you doing.

You are just creating a version of HE that you just come up with but downgraded on purpose so you can now say: 'Hah, now you don't like my own version of it right'?

It's just not dishonest, but insulting, i suggest you to be more constructive, but from what i say you don't like that path because destroying this thread is easier for your goal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya know at this point. I have come to realize you are in the lost in cannot imagine ir understabd mindset.
    i could say the same thing about you?

cause, yeah i can't understand how the heck an elf without his power source, the thing who maintain and sustain him, would become bulky, when the logic and lore say it should happen exactly the opposite

You two really do seem stuck in your own world that ignores lore and what has been put into game or books for what one dev says.
    are you serious? you claim i am the one who ignore lore, and you are saying elves can be bulky because they lost the source of magic?

thats pretty comedy gold

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Since when Arcane is opposite to Nature?
    Ok, are arcane loving city dwelling elves opposite to arcane hating elves who live in literal trees? Yes, of course.

Also how Highvale elves who dropped magic couldn't be BELF counter who completely relies on magic in your vision?
    First on the more muscular High Elves idea, how do you explain that the High Elves get more muscular without magic while Nightborne and Blood Elves become emaciated and go insane? As far as it's shown in game, they're not just addicted to arcane, but nourished by it.

As for your question, the Blood Elf model is based on human ideals. The aren't as bulky as Night Elves, nor as thin as Nightborne. They have basically normal human skin tones. The only real sign of magic on them is the eyes, which we've established doesn't constitute a significant difference. If you contrast that with a group who doesn't have access to magic, what do you even change? They just look normal: like a regular, magic-free human being with pointy ears and glowy eyes. Normal doesn't have an opposite that High Elf fans are going to like, so I don't see how that comparison can be pushed far enough to make a good allied race option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just lol @ the argument over circumstantial points and head canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Syegfryed i know what are you doing.

You are just creating a version of HE that you just come up with but downgraded on purpose so you can now say: 'Hah, now you don't like my own version of it right'?

It's just not dishonest, but insulting, i suggest you to be more constructive, but from what i say you don't like that path because destroying this thread is easier for your goal.
    Yeah why like obelisk i now see him as someone who just cannot get it so will try to ignore(i refuse to use the ignore feature on the site abd rarely look at names/icons thus why i sometimes still reply)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    Ok, are arcane loving city dwelling elves opposite to arcane hating elves who live in literal trees? Yes, of course.

First on the more muscular High Elves idea, how do you explain that the High Elves get more muscular without magic while Nightborne and Blood Elves become emaciated and go insane? As far as it's shown in game, they're not just addicted to arcane, but nourished by it.

As for your question, the Blood Elf model is based on human ideals. The aren't as bulky as Night Elves, nor as thin as Nightborne. They have basically normal human skin tones. The only real sign of magic on them is the eyes, which we've established doesn't constitute a significant difference. If you contrast that with a group who doesn't have access to magic, what do you even change? They just look normal: like a regular, magic-free human being with pointy ears and glowy eyes. Normal doesn't have an opposite that High Elf fans are going to like, so I don't see how that comparison can be pushed far enough to make a good allied race option.
    Because they never learned to overcome the addiction and instead are consumed by it. Big difference even irl.

HE though with less emphasis on magic? Oh they would be MUCH nigger deals then for BE(Whose city guards are spellbreakers and have a few farstrider outpists but overall seem to have dropped rangers as a primary battle force)
    wait what? *looking on Lor'themar Theron *previous titles* Ranger lord of Silvermoon... Looking on his right Halduron Brightwing "Ranger General of Silvermoon"... imposters? Is is illusion? what are they hiding?

7+ Year Old Account
    Have you...watched the video? This is far from the pro-HE opinion beyond the arguments he makes (repeats from last video). He is otherwise saying he accepts Ion's reasoning, because it's valid, and that high elves will never happen after void elves.
    No he understands the reasoning, but he actually takes issue with its inconsistency. Did you watch the video? Here's Taliesin's actual words:
    Saying the exact same thing as he (Ion) does in the Q&A. He's been totally consistent in this, it's not new information and so it doesn't change a single thing that we said in the video.
    And we come to the conclusion in that video that High Elves will probably never happen, because Void Elves exist. Which is also pretty much what Ion says. So we totally understand his reasoning and his stance on Alliance High Elves as we say in the video, we don't actually have a horse in this race.
    However, there are a couple of things he says which I do take issue with. Namely that every single reason Ion gives not to have Alliance High Elves are also a reason not to have Void Elves. I mean yes, Blood Elves are High Elves. But Blood Elves are Void Elves, so that's obviously not a deal-breaker.

No there's not many examples of High Elves out in the world, except there are considerably more than Void Elves. And they've been in the game for far longer.

And no there's no obvious leader for them apart from y'know I don't know maybe Alleria - something which is also true for Void Elves to the extent that Alleria is the leader of the Void Elves and the only named Void Elf NPC in game!
    None of these reasons are real reasons against having Alliance High Elves if they are not reasons against having Void Elves. And the annoying thing is it doesn't matter. Blizz can decide that they would rather Void Elves just because and that is honestly a good enough reason. There's no need to pretend that it's all these other things. We're all grown ups after all, just make sure you don't say anything provocative like -shows clip of Ion saying Horde is waiting- Oh !@#$.
    See, he's saying the reasons Ion gave in the Q&A aren't real reasons against Alliance High Elves. But that really it doesn't matter and that's the annoying bit. Because Blizzard can go ahead and decide what they want in the game or not, but that there's no reason to pretend it's due to this, that, and those etc. He also says:

Whether I want them to be an Allied Race or not is unimportant. By Ion's own existing Allied Race standards, they indisputably could be.
    And if Ion had just said, "we don't wanna put Alliance High Elves in the game." Honestly I think most people would be okay with that. It's this constant saying that they're not possible, this oh they're just like Blood Elves, there's not many of them to justify that decision that upsets people who really care about the subject. Especially now that Void Elves exist that are all of those reasons and more.
    Ok, it's like if I say, "I don't like cucumber," no one is going to be upset that I don't like cucumber. But if I say the reason I don't like cucumber is because I hate the idea of eating a long, green vegetable, which is why instead I'm going to eat a courgette. That doesn't mean I'm wrong not to like cucumber, but I wouldn't blame people for pointing out that my reasons aren't very consistent.
    See? He is, as I said coming off as the neutral everyman approach. It lets him see where the inconsistencies are, since he has no horse in the race. And as I said his opinions are how I feel about Ion's response from the Q&A.

Nowhere did I said it's the "Pro-HE opinion", man you just can't stop putting words into people's mouth can you?

One can understand someone's reasoning, which in the HE case is: We don't want to add High Elves. He's not saying Ion is wrong for saying that. What he is saying is that Ion's reasons attributed to why HEs can't be a thing, applies doubly so to VEs and thus is inconsistent.

Just as he uses his cucumber example. He's not wrong about not liking cucumbers, but then saying it's because it's a long green veggie as the reasons why, then eating a courgette is very inconsistent and flawed.

Your comment really doesn't have anything to do with what I said in my comment so I'm not sure what you're getting on about? I said none of the things you mention. Yet I have humored you nonetheless.

Taliesin is essentially saying that Ion should've just came out and said "We just don't want to do High Elves because we don't" and not beat around the bush with reasonings that have been debunked by the existence of Void Elves themselves.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2018-04-29 at 07:56 PM.

Then stop saying that they have kept the same opinion, when it is not true.
    What are you talking about? There are definitely people on the dev team who are probably pro HE. The difference is that there isn't enough of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    care to remind me how much food he eat during this time, how much vitamins he eat. Comparing greenhous bodybuilding and actuall harsh life is one of the stupidest think i can think.

Your "HE" LACK of resources in their bodies, cause of their pride. Yes you can go vegetarian and this WON'T help you in bodubuilding. And more - till restoration of Silvermoon every BE lived same harsh life physically.

You can build BULKIER phys only when you have everything for it in your body. Vitamins, proteins, and etc. Your body built muscule IF IT'S HAVE BUILDING MATERIAL! And in suramar we see that is elf lack of mana - he go skinnier, not bulkier. Yeah you can be like wiry, but not bulkier. And being BULKIER totaly not help in your "ranger life".
    Im just saying, that you can look different in a few years.. I am not saying that helves should look like bodybuilders. Having weaker bodies due to their "vegetarianism" would be fine by me.