Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Enough for what then? The more we move forward the more we see those settlements either destroyed or being wretched such as quel danil. The population your talking about is what numbers from wowwiki? I mean ofc they create more if they want to, but lets be real.. void elves are the closest thing you will get they are like 50/50 high elf or blood elf exciles..
    Quel'Danil isn't wretched nor destroyed. It's still thriving in Hinterlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Congratulations, every single source for half elves on that page is noncanon.

I stand corrected, there are four half elves in canon, and one is already dead.

Stop being a pedant. I'm linking this for context.

There were barely any Night Elf Highborne in canon and they created an entire city out of thin air. They can create Half Elves any time they wanted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Look around at the npcs.. high elves are part of that group as well. You are trying abit to hard right now.its okey of you missed that, but dont put your high elf fetish/ frustration to me.
    Yeah as I said, your ignorance doesn't change the actual situations that occurred. Not even frustrated but nice try.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebanese Dude View Post
    Fan made? Oh dear.

Go walk around Dalaran and the Stormwind Mage Quarter a bit.
    Also I was talking about actually something they could build a story arc about.. not about some high elf leftovers walking arround in dala by the cheese shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah as I said, your ignorance doesn't change the actual situations that occurred. Not even frustrated but nice try.
    What are you talking about my god?
    You did thr questchain well good for you.. that its you being ignorant not seeing all those high elves arroun at that stratibg area and even in stormwind they are talking to the void elves..
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-03-31 at 10:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Stop being a pedant. I'm linking this for context.
    Context that is non canon can be ignored wholly. Your context means nothing there.

There were barely any Night Elf Highborne in canon and they created an entire city out of thin air. They can create Half Elves any time they wanted.
    "Blizzard can make my dreams canon if they want" isn't an argument, Blizzard can just as well laugh at the request for high elves like they have for the last 10+ years.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    That's not true. From a game dev perspective the worgen scenario would have been an impossible thought. The entire reason why the Void Elves look so different is to detract Blood Elf players from leaving the Horde. It makes WAYYYYYYY more sense to give the players what they want in this scenario, for profit and for game recognition. However, all of this is pointless if the game collapses. .
    LOL This argument never ceases to make me laugh.

People play Blood Elves because they want to play Horde and look pretty. There won't be a mass exodus to the Alliance just because they got fairskinned Elves.

10+ Year Old Account

People play Blood Elves because they want to play Horde and look pretty. There won't be a mass exodus to the Alliance just because they got fairskinned Elves.
    And yet Blizzard didn't just give the high elves to the Alliance which logically speaking, they would have done if they weren't concerned with potential issues like this.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Context that is non canon can be ignored wholly. Your context means nothing there.

"Blizzard can make my dreams canon if they want" isn't an argument, Blizzard can just as well laugh at the request for high elves like they have for the last 10+ years.
    This is the problem with the anti-High Elf side. They dismiss any notion of it as impossible while the High Elf proponents claim it is possible. The former is absolutist certainty based on arbitrary context while the latter is based on actual context.

What's impossible is to hold a conversation.

And Half Elves exist in the lore. There was one Pandaren in Warcraft III and they made an expansion out of it. That's all that matters.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet Blizzard didn't just give the high elves to the Alliance which logically speaking, they would have done if they weren't concerned with potential issues like this.
    Or they didn't want to turn High Elves into Void Elves and left them for the future?

I mean it's actually genius when you think about it. High Elves are still possible so that's a carrot they can dangle for as long as they like.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem with the anti-High Elf side. They dismiss any notion of it as impossible while the High Elf proponents claim it is possible.

What's impossible is to hold a conversation.

And Half Elves exist in the lore. There was one Pandaren in Warcraft III and they made an expansion out of it.
    For 10 plus years high elves have been a no, and when they had the biggest chance to give them like before, they said no again. Coming up with ideas is fine and all, as long as people don't get drunk on their own high elf dreams, because all it leads to for them is more and more disappointment, as long as Blizzard operates with two factions and holds the same sense of game Design.

And Half Elves exist in the lore. There was one Pandaren in Warcraft III and they made an expansion out of it. That's all that matters.
    Yea, four exist in lore, I wasn't disputing that, only the fact that the large number of them is non canon. Not every elf is a Windrunner.
    Holy shit lol

If it wasn't a real thing then the Horde would have never received Blood Elves in the first place. The lore behind it is extremely contrived and badly written, and only because it was done because Blizzard was forced to do it.

If it wasn't a real thing, then the Void Elves would look like Alleria. Why don't they?

There's no implication of a mass exodus. Blizzard doesn't want to increase the divide between the active players, by any margin. It's a common dev thing, to keep binary groups of players as close to 50-50 as possible.

You can keep arguing lore all you want, but it will always come second to Blizzard.

For 10 plus years high elves have been a no, and when they had the biggest chance to give them like before, they said no again. Coming up with ideas is fine and all, as long as people don't get drunk on their own high elf dreams, because all it leads to for them is more and more disappointment, as long as Blizzard operates with two factions and holds the same sense of game Design.
    We don't know why they didn't do it. Maybe they didn't want High Elves to be playable. Making arbitrary claims about what Blizzard wants based on what they did when you have no knowledge of their thought process is nothing short of presumptuous.
    Last edited by Lebanese Dude; 2018-03-31 at 10:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again the, "if it's not in now, it won't ever be" argument. That's a fallacy. You have no idea why they went with Void Elves. Their official reasoning was, "we wanted to do something new and cool" they said void elves didn't exist before. While at the same time they mentioned, Nightborne and HM Tauren were based on player feedback.

But yes continue to ignore context when it suits you. They probably wanted to give Alleria, who had become a Void Elf, some people of her own so that they can have her with some army power. Vereesa already leads the contingent of High Elves, so there's no reason for leadership to exchange hands there. They also are setting up some stuff for the Void/Old Gods storyline coming up.

Why most High Elf dissenters can't take in these contextual things always surprises me. Then throw their arguments around like they're completely 100% correct and it couldn't be for any other reason than what they think it to be. At least we are exploring possibilities instead of essentially going, "no. no. no. I don't like. no."

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    If it wasn't a real thing then the Horde would have never received Blood Elves in the first place. The lore behind it is extremely contrived and badly written, and only because it was done because Blizzard was forced to do it.

If it wasn't a real thing, then the Void Elves would look like Alleria. Why don't they?

There's no implication of a mass exodus. Blizzard doesn't want to increase the divide between the active players, by any margin. It's a common dev thing, to keep binary groups of players as close to 50-50 as possible.

You can keep arguing lore all you want, but it will always come second to Blizzard.
    Yeah the context has changed. It's not the same game as it was 10 years ago. There is far more in play, with dozens of more races added now and soon in the future, and with fixes to the "monster" races that makes them look decidedly more human-like and thus appealing.

People wanted incentive to play the Horde but not play a monster race. They got Blood Elves. Now they get to be Horde and look pretty.

I mean it may be shocking to you but not everyone likes the Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion they should have went with Void Broken and High Elves.

I think they ended up wanting Alleria and Turalyon to have more important roles in the story. Turalyon was given Lightforged because it makes sense, and void broken would have been two Draenei which is redundant.

So they opted for an Elf race to balance the Night Elves on the Horde. They probably thought High Elves wouldn't make sense as Void Elves so they went with Blood Elves instead.

They wanted Void Elves NOW to develop Alleria, and they kept High Elves for later.

That's a likely scenario, and you cannot claim it is not likely to be true.

Yeah the context has changed. It's not the same game as it was 10 years ago. There is far more in play, with dozens of more races added now and soon in the future, and with fixes to the "monster" races that makes them look decidedly more human-like and thus appealing.

People wanted incentive to play the Horde but not play a monster race. They got Blood Elves. Now they get to be Horde and look pretty.

I mean it may be shocking to you but not everyone likes the Alliance.
    I already implied that in my first post. The point was that Blizzard believes there's a chance it's possible and that's why they're not giving Void Elves that look like Alleria.

Is there proof of this? Nope. Does it make sense to assume so because it doesn't make sense that Alleria and the Void Elves look so different? Yes. The fact that the Void Elves' racial leader looks this different from them is monumentally stupid and I can only harken back to the level of writing done when the Blood Elves joined the Horde.

In my opinion they should have went with Void Broken and High Elves.

I think they ended up wanting Alleria and Turalyon to have more important roles in the story. Turalyon was given Lightforged because it makes sense, and void broken would have been two Draenei which is redundant.

So they opted for an Elf race to balance the Night Elves on the Horde. They probably thought High Elves wouldn't make sense as Void Elves so they went with Blood Elves instead.

They wanted Void Elves NOW to develop Alleria, and they kept High Elves for later.

That entire scenario has nothing to do with why the Void Elves look the way they do, which is my entire point. Your entire fabrication could be right, and I'd still be correct.

Again, the entire point is why the Void Elves look different. If Blizzard wanted to make a lot more money, they wouldn't have made the Void Elves the way they are. They would be Alleria clones.

10+ Year Old Account

Why most High Elf dissenters can't take in these contextual things always surprises me. Then throw their arguments around like they're completely 100% correct and it couldn't be for any other reason than what they think it to be. At least we are exploring possibilities instead of essentially going, "no. no. no. I don't like. no."
    Because most "High elf Dissenters" are looking at it from the perspective of Blizzard, it's a fact that Blizzard has said no to them multiple times, hell the game designer reiterated that once again in that Blizzcon interview. Exploring possibilities is something High elf fans have been doing for what, over ten years now? And Blizzard obviously doesn't share your opinion.

Is that why they stated that there are no populations from which a playable high elf would come from, and that Blood elves are pretty much high elves?

I can claim it's not likely to be true because yet again Blizzard took the same stance Caydiem took way, way back, that high elves are pretty much gone, and won't be their own playable force.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's another example from way back: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Cataclysm-quot

Devs said they considered playable Ogres in Cataclysm, but didn't.

WoD came by, no playable Ogres.

Are you same anti-helf guys going to go around say they're not ever going to add playable Ogres if someone starts making threads asking for them?

And High Elves haven't been a "No" for 10+ years, they've always been a maybe, or not right now. As I said, before Legion, Ion even mentioned them in the same breath w/Brown Orcs and even at last year Blizzcon Void Elf reveal it again wasn't a "No." If you personally take it as that then that's all good for you and others who agree with you, but you can't really say others who didn't see it that way as being wrong. It was an ambiguous answer given right after Void Elf reveal. No company in their right mind would shit on their own creation so quickly after it's been revealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Because most "High elf Dissenters" are looking at it from the perspective of Blizzard, it's a fact that Blizzard has said no to them multiple times, hell the game designer reiterated that once again in that Blizzcon interview. Exploring possibilities is something High elf fans have been doing for what, over ten years now? And Blizzard obviously doesn't share your opinion.
    Please present to me the many times they've said "No" to playable High Elves because I've never seen any evidence.

EDIT: I see you bring up Caydiem in the above post, when holy shit dude that is a post from 2005 that has been retconned by all that's happened in WoW with High Elves since Wrath and beyond, even into Legion and further his post has been retconned with the Garithos situation and how Blood Elves felt about Alliance in Chronicles Vol3.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2018-03-31 at 10:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please present to me the many times they've said "No" to playable High Elves because I've never seen any evidence.
    Date: 29 September 2005 Blizzard post by Caydiem

Blizzcon, BFA, over ten years later Ion's reasoning is almost completely the same, Too low of a population, the majority are blood elves. That's over ten years of consistency from Blizzard on something, which is actually incredible.

In between that you have GC stating that in the end Blizzard didn't like the way Pandaren worked out due to the neutral races having the same exact look and therefore harmed faction identity.

It's a bitter pill, but as long as you actually recognize Blizzard's consistent stance on the issue.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Date: 29 September 2005 Blizzard post by Caydiem

Blizzcon, BFA, over ten years later Ion's reasoning is almost completely the same, Too low of a population, the majority are blood elves. That's over ten years of consistency from Blizzard on something, which is actually incredible.

In between that you have GC stating that in the end Blizzard didn't like the way Pandaren worked out due to the neutral races having the same exact look and therefore harmed faction identity.

It's a bitter pill, but as long as you actually recognize Blizzard's consistent stance on the issue.
    LOL see my EDIT in my post you quoted as you wrote this one:
    EDIT: I see you bring up Caydiem in the above post, when holy shit dude that is a post from 2005 that has been retconned by all that's happened in WoW with High Elves since Wrath and beyond, even into Legion and further his post has been retconned with the Garithos situation and how Blood Elves felt about Alliance in Chronicles Vol3.
    And no Blizzard hasn't been consistent, every way they've portrayed High Elves has been inconsistent with Caydiem's post. Garithos situation and all which have even more been retconned through Chronicles V3.

Ion himself hasn't even been consistent since the last time he mentioned High Elves before last Blizzcon was that they could be playable like Mag'har.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you same anti-helf guys going to go around say they're not ever going to add playable Ogres if someone starts making threads asking for them?
    i love the ability o high elf fans to compre literally everything with the High elves, it is so desperate

Ogres are not on alliance, and the devs never said no for then

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL see my EDIT in my post you quoted as you wrote this one:

And no Blizzard hasn't been consistent, every way they've portrayed High Elves has been inconsistent with Caydiem's post. Garithos situation and all which have even more been retconned through Chronicles V3.

Ion himself hasn't even been consistent since the last time he mentioned High Elves before last Blizzcon was that they could be playable like Mag'har.
    None of what they said about the high elves, populations , their play-ability has been changed. You can "Holy shit dude" all you want, their stance has remained the same.

You bring up Ion recognizing that some people want high elves, and what do they do? They give you void elves instead. Blood elves for all intensive storytelling purposes basically are the high elves, that was repeated by him recently. From a story standpoint it makes sense why Blizzard doesn't do it, they don't want to muddy the waters by adding a near identical people to the Alliance when their are working on the faction differences rather than similarities.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    None of what they said about the high elves, populations , their play-ability has been changed. You can "Holy shit dude" all you want, their stance has remained the same.

You bring up Ion recognizing that some people want high elves, and what do they do? They give you void elves instead. Blood elves for all intensive storytelling purposes basically are the high elves, that was repeated by him recently. From a story standpoint it makes sense why Blizzard doesn't do it, they don't want to muddy the waters by adding a near identical people to the Alliance when their are working on the faction differences rather than similarities.
    It has though, Chronicles Vol3 makes it that now there's a bigger population for High Elves existing with the evacuation of Dalaran 2700 years ago. That's many many years of time where High Elves and Humans intermingle. Yeah they're not playable now, but that doesn't mean they won't ever be - that's a common logical fallacy that keeps getting thrown about. Blizzard has gone back on many things they've said they'd never do.

Yeah they put out Void Elves, but again you're ignoring the fact it wasn't based on players. The artists just wanted to do something new and cool, but keep ignoring that context. And from a story stand-point it wouldn't muddy the waters at all. High Elves vs Blood Elves is as iconic as Red vs Blue.

Don't see how a group of Elves that have been de-facto Alliance for many years is suddenly "muddying the waters" by being released. Only way I can see that is if someone focuses on "Oh they just have Blue eyes," talking about the model as it currently stands is not a reason. Blizzard has already shown that they can update models like they did with Dark Irons currently in game vs Dark Iron AR. Nightborne are literally the Night Elf Highborne aesthetic blown up. Blood Elves in Chronicles Vol3 are said to have had their body/mind/soul affected by the fel siphoning. There's now a greater basis set forth to differentiate the High Elf model as an AR.

That's what threads like these are all about, showing what themes you can blow up for High Elves when they become an AR.