Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Go play blood elf brah.
    They are not the same brah. Would you go and play troll to play orc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    Nobody cares about your call, dude.

We want high elves. we have our own reasons. I'm sorry that our request is not to your liking, but that is not our fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if that happens, we will continue asking for high elves as a playable race for the alliance
    It's really a double standard that people are asking for one of the few things that separates the faction barrier for blood elves but get upset at the thought of void elves getting concessions. Personally, I'm fine trading eye for skin color.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post

Alliance has had High Elves as members since Vanilla in WoW
    yes, you have. a mage trainer and a hunter type in the keep in stormwind

queldanil - are hermits

allerian stronghold - likely returned with auric, their captain, to their homeland

SC - are citizens and part of the kirin tor of dalaran

and dont forget ion outright debunking these when he said there are NO MORE alliance high elf hubs left

Go play blood elf brah.
    I don't want to, and you can't force me

It wouldn't surprise me if the soldiers at Allerian Stronghold joined Alleria out of loyalty (I mean, they literally named their stronghold after her). They will most likely become Void elves if Alleria finds a way to replicate the transformation.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post

queldanil - are hermits

allerian stronghold - likely returned with auric, their captain, to their homeland

and dont forget ion outright debunking these when he said there are NO MORE alliance high elf hubs left
    the High Elves of the Allerian Stronghold are still all High Elves, especially Auric who represent(ed)s the Alliance at Quel'danas. Sorry that you're so wrong. Again.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Captain_Auric_Sunchaser
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Ros%27eleth

3+ Year Old Account
    the High Elves of the Allerian Stronghold are still all High Elves, especially Auric who represent(ed)s the Alliance at Quel'danas.
    so are the blood elves

so are the blood elves
    No. They are not.

They were High Elves. They aren't anymore. They discarded this name. They have lost the right to use it and shape its meaning and its future.

3+ Year Old Account
    They have lost the right to use it and shape its meaning and its future.
    its funny cause this is actually what elisande tells vereesa and the 5 elves left in her SC. that they are unworthy of the name high elf

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    People want High Elves on Alliance because there are High Elves on Alliance.

What Blood Elves get doesn't change that desire. If people simply wanted to fair-skinned elves they'd have made Blood Elves already and this request wouldn't be something that's been going on since WoW's inception.

If there are already people playing Blood Elves because they're the High Elves that Alliance didn't have before, well then Blood Elves would've had a huge drop come Void Elves on Alliance.

People play Blood Elves to play a fair-skin elf on the Horde. The faction bit is important because factions are important right?

People who want High Elves want to play a fair-skin elf on the Alliance. The faction bit is important because factions are important right?

Not really hard to grasp. Lore and stuff is important too but ultimately the biggest part of character customization is the look hence the huge customization updates coming. Just like I could now make a Mag'Har Orc and RP they're from Draenor and be happy about that.

There's a difference between doing that and making a Green Orc and RPing he's Mag'har.
    That's nice and all but its ignoring that blood elves should have never been on the horde to begin with but that's old news. We don't need any more elves so a white skin option for void elves is probably (and hopefully) the most yall will get.

queldanil - are hermits

In the void elf zone, there are several high elf NPCs undergoing the ritual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    That's nice and all but its ignoring that blood elves should have never been on the horde to begin with but that's old news. We don't need any more elves so a white skin option for void elves is probably (and hopefully) the most yall will get.
    We didn't need anymore purple elves but we got 2 more anyway. I don''t think the devs really care. The only way people get stuff they want into the game is to keep asking for it.

Either if it's an update -> Like how the flying people keep bringing it up and getting a reinforced answer of Pathfinder staying (aka an update on the situation).

Or it gets added into the game -> like people wanting increased character customization for the existing races for a very long time. Or the return of class abilities, or reducing the rng in the game, or heck even something super huge like Classic (not saying this topic is as huge as that, just bringing up examples).

People ask and ask and ask. That's the only way to get an answer, whether it's yes or no or maybe or not right now etc etc.

Luckily for High Elves on Alliance the answer was, "Anything is possible in the future, but no plans in the near term to add High Elves as an Allied Race."

That's very different from statements like "Pathfinder is staying" which means no changes for Shadowlands. Those people will either keep asking or call it quits, and will probably get another update if its asked again.

It's also different from statements where they straight up say "No" like when asked about cross-faction grouping.

Let me just remind everyone they said something very similar for Wildhammer Dwarves. Since it looks like there's new people who prob didn't keep up with the news as it came.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

"We have Dark Irons, but what about the last remaining dwarf clan, the Wildhammers?

It’s always possible, but we don’t have any immediate plans to include the Wildhammer clan."

- - - Updated - - -

its funny cause this is actually what elisande tells vereesa and the 5 elves left in her SC. that they are unworthy of the name high elf
    Lol, yeh and I guess Stormwind only houses 100ish people and takes 3-4 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

Btw they said all the troops for the Nazmir Alliance assault died so I guess no more Void Elves right?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    We didn't need anymore purple elves but we got 2 more anyway. I don''t think the devs really care. The only way people get stuff they want into the game is to keep asking for it.

Either if it's an update -> Like how the flying people keep bringing it up and getting a reinforced answer of Pathfinder staying (aka an update on the situation).

Or it gets added into the game -> like people wanting increased character customization for the existing races for a very long time. Or the return of class abilities, or reducing the rng in the game, or heck even something super huge like Classic (not saying this topic is as huge as that, just bringing up examples).

People ask and ask and ask. That's the only way to get an answer, whether it's yes or no or maybe or not right now etc etc.

Luckily for High Elves on Alliance the answer was, "Anything is possible in the future, but no plans in the near term to add High Elves as an Allied Race."

That's very different from statements like "Pathfinder is staying" which means no changes for Shadowlands. Those people will either keep asking or call it quits, and will probably get another update if its asked again.

It's also different from statements where they straight up say "No" like when asked about cross-faction grouping.

Let me just remind everyone they said something very similar for Wildhammer Dwarves. Since it looks like there's new people who prob didn't keep up with the news as it came.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

"We have Dark Irons, but what about the last remaining dwarf clan, the Wildhammers?

It’s always possible, but we don’t have any immediate plans to include the Wildhammer clan."

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, yeh and I guess Stormwind only houses 100ish people and takes 3-4 minutes to walk from one end to the other.

Btw they said all the troops for the Nazmir Alliance assault died so I guess no more Void Elves right?
    Don't you ultimately think that's a waste of an allied race slot though? We'd have 3 races that use the exact same rig/model/etc.
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Don't you ultimately think that's a waste of an allied race slot though? We'd have 3 races that use the exact same rig/model/etc.
    Then have the High Elves being based on a tweaked BE/Nightfallen models, I don't know.

And even if they don't ? Well, no, I don't think. They make sense, have been requested since forever and the VE have already proven that there is nothing sacrosanct about "faction character/story" when it comes to Allied Races. Nightborns also do so, having the very birthplace of Tyrande and Malfurion as their capital, with an awful lot of ancient lore for kaldorei, being given to the Horde.

It doesn't have to be the same model

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    So your stance is that the Well that was responsible for the mutation of the then High Bourne into the now High Elves isn't responsible for the entire races blue glowing eyes? Gonna need a better argument than that.
    That is pure head-canon. The Sunwell didn't cause the transformation from Night Elf to High Elf. Being cut-off from the Well of Eternity did that!

Originally Posted by Warcraft Encyclopedia (which is still canon)

Gradually the exiled Highborne developed striking differences from the night elves. Cut off from the new Well of Eternity, they diminished in height, and their skin lost its characteristic violet hue. In addition, the elves lost their resistance to injury and illness, and they became mortal. Many of the elves died from exposure or starvation during their long journey. In addition to these hardships, the elves were forced to flee the site of their first settlement, Tirisfal Glades, due to a mysterious evil influence that drove many of their number mad.

As they pressed further inland, the elves developed a blood feud with the cunning forest trolls of Zul'Aman, who controlled most of the northern reaches of Lordaeron. Finally the exiled elves reached a region whose forestland reminded them of their distant homeland in Kalimdor. They drove out the resident Amani trolls, founded the kingdom of Quel'Thalas, and began calling themselves high elves. They also crowned Dath'Remar as their first monarch.

In spite of the hardship they had endured, the high elves remained determined to continue their spellcasting, for they had come to consider arcane power their birthright. Using a vial of sacred water stolen from the first Well of Eternity, they created a fount of mystical power at a convergence of powerful ley energies in Quel'Thalas. They named this fountain the Sunwell. Although it was weaker by far than the first Well of Eternity, the Sunwell's potent arcane magic fed and strengthened the high elves.

Fact is that the High Elven Archer & Ranger in Warcraft 2 didn't have blue eyes.
    Fact is that the High Elf Sorceress unit from Warcraft 3 didn't have glowing blue eyes.
    Fact is that in Warbringer Sylvanas we see plenty of High Elves without blue eyes.
    "I guess only blood elves feel like the odd man out for the Horde. I hope that we've engineered that into it as deftly as we could, but you know, it's the equivalent of a bunch of white chicks hanging out with goblin or tauren. It's weird." -- Chris Metzen

I don't have much stake in the High Elf squabble but from what I've seen it is likely that blood elves will get some new customization options that will let them pass for HE, and while it was confirmed that the factions would not be going away at the end of BFA, nothing has yet been confirmed or denied about the loosening of racial restrictions for said factions(do keep in mind these rumors are all built off player agency rhetoric/grayed out faction icons in character select screen/and supposed "leaks", take them how you will)
    so my question. If you could play a Blood Elf on either faction but it would look like the High Elf you always wanted, would that be enough ? Or would it be an insult? I don't think blizzard has an option that would please everybody on this personally.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I don't have much stake in the High Elf squabble but from what I've seen it is likely that blood elves will get some new customization options that will let them pass for HE, and while it was confirmed that the factions would not be going away at the end of BFA, nothing has yet been confirmed or denied about the loosening of racial restrictions for said factions(do keep in mind these rumors are all built off player agency rhetoric/grayed out faction icons in character select screen/and supposed "leaks", take them how you will)
    so my question. If you could play a Blood Elf on either faction but it would look like the High Elf you always wanted, would that be enough ? Or would it be an insult? I don't think blizzard has an option that would please everybody on this personally.
    I don't know if I'm understanding you completely, but if they make blood elves like a neutral race (which I don't think will happen because it's a Horde race); that would please only those who have the fantasy of rp with the model of the blood elves as if they were Alliance High Elves.

In my humble opinion, I consider both (HE and BE) as different races of the same species, and I would like to see high elves as a separate playable race (with a new model, etc)

I don't know if I'm understanding you completely, but if they make blood elves like a neutral race (which I don't think will happen because it's a Horde race); that would please only those who have the fantasy of rp with the model of the blood elves as if they were Alliance High Elves.

In my humble opinion, I consider both (HE and BE) as different races of the same species, and I would like to see high elves as a separate playable race (with a new model, etc)
    Sorry I wasn't that clear but the rumors go along the lines of lore wise a select few of opposing faction races break away and join the other faction.(I'm kinda hoping it's true since most go horde for the superior racial abilities wise and the alliance raiding scene is... well, not to great anymore) I don't blame you for wanting a separate race, but since that idea keeps getting shot down or ignored by blizzard I wondered how many would take what they could get if this ended up happening.

Then have the High Elves being based on a tweaked BE/Nightfallen models, I don't know.

And even if they don't ? Well, no, I don't think. They make sense, have been requested since forever and the VE have already proven that there is nothing sacrosanct about "faction character/story" when it comes to Allied Races. Nightborns also do so, having the very birthplace of Tyrande and Malfurion as their capital, with an awful lot of ancient lore for kaldorei, being given to the Horde.
    I have no stake in this other than it does seem a bit needy to want a race that's nothing more than different color eyes from an art perspective. Ogres, Arrakoa, etc, something with a unique silhouette just seem like better options. If they did cave in and gave that allied race slot to another elf race then I'd be mad that they wasted a slot on little more than customization options.

I’m nit being spiteful. I read nearly half the pages in this goddamn thread and it seems to me that it’s been discussed to death and blizzard will not even do it.

This is why i think the energy and thoughts of posters should go elsewhere.
    Did you use to tell that to the people asking for vanilla servers?