Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I know one thing. The High Elves would sell and be played by great many people. It almost guarantees their inclusion in the future.
    Of course. Hell, they might even solve Blizzard's monetary problems, making them rich forever and ever. Also they might cure cancer and stop the spreading of the Corona virus. World hunger won't be an issue either and the mortality of the human race? That gets solved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Of course. Hell, they might even solve Blizzard's monetary problems, making them rich forever and ever. Also they might cure cancer and stop the spreading of the Corona virus. World hunger won't be an issue either and the mortality of the human race? That gets solved too.
    Let's not go that far. Human race doesn't interest me. Make it about me and I'm willing to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivex View Post
    If they were ever introduced in game it would literally just be a new eye colour for BE.
    Yes, and Dark Iron just were Dwarves with bad skin and red hair until they came up with fiery hair, tattoos and distinctive hair styles out of literally nowhere. This argument is moot.

You can come at me regarding High Mountain Taurens but they're in the same faction and the Tauren not the opposite..
    Hot take here, but: why does this matter?

Oh, I know. Muh faction identity!! But you know what's been Alliance identity since Warcraft 2 ? High Elves. And they still are, otherwise they wouldn't be an Alliance faction with numerous NPCs and continued presence throughout expansions. Not that Blizzard's pisspoor "but they are too few!!" argument even works in the first place, because the sorry excuse for a replacement they came up with is literally a handful of Blood Elven traitors who were exposed to specific Void conditions that haven't been reproduced yet.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    anasterian golden eyes?

also I just noticed this but... Anasterian's icon shows he's supposed to have blue eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    also I just noticed this but... Anasterian's icon shows he's supposed to have blue eyes
    but in game is golden! like mah pala !!

3+ Year Old Account
    but in game is golden! like mah pala !!
    Probably an oversight.

Sorceress also has blue eyes but in game it's gold

Probably an oversight.

Are you aware that W3R was released when it was not yet finished?
    This game is not even to be taken into account for what is or is not logical.
    Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-02-28 at 11:15 AM.

Probably an oversight.

but the important thing I think is always what we see in game

3+ Year Old Account
    but the important thing I think is always what we see in game
    of course they're going to fix those, like they did with Vashj's human ears and the cyclone's animation

Human Captains toplul they didn't even bother to make High Elf version of Lieutenants
    There is a model in files. They just forgot to use it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchvince View Post
    Are you aware that W3R was released when it was not yet finished?
    This game is not even to be taken into account for what is or is not logical.
    Apparently, that was all it; despite my begs for more models.

Apparently as well, Lemonsky's contract ended in the middle of making models; that's why it's only 70% done on assets

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...launched/11658

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    There is a model in files. They just forgot to use it.
    Great. Someone needs to nag Kam Ghostseer with this one as well for next patch

So umm yeah, I have some questions

1. Where was the Silver Covenant during BFA? I thought they were already friends with the Night Elves with the Hippogryph as a symbol of friendship? Shouldn't they at least help in the Darkshore Warfront considering Mordent and his Highborne were there as well?
    I'm chalking it up to Blizzard's lazy writing. The Silver Covenant has been MIA since Legion, because the area that was used to be populated by the SC in Dalaran was instead taken over by Gilneans. The SC only makes a tiny, brief appearance in the Hunter's order hall.

2. Why does the Alliance have bitter memories with them and why did the Night Elves warn against them? The High Elves were already helping as far back in WC3 in defiance to Anasterian's orders and they even joined the Kalimdor Brigades. I even heard some source saying that the High Elf Priests/Paladins were the MVPs of the Mount Hyjal defence. Or does the "bitter reception" only apply to the High Elves who recently joined after Lor'themar/Rommath banished them?
    Because Night Elves were pretty... 'xenophobic' back then, especially with their ban of arcane magic usage. Remember: the high elves came to be because they were exiled from night elf lands since they refused to stop using arcane magic.

3. They have Druidic Runestones, where are the druids? Also, shouldn't they be contesting the Forsaken and Blood Elves for such druidic runestone in Caer Darrow?
    Dunno.

Also, since we have a High Elf megathread, should we also make Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human megathreads?
    If you think those two races have anywhere near the demand high elves have... sure, go ahead and make your threads.

- - - Updated - - -

If they were ever introduced in game it would literally just be a new eye colour for BE. This is why Alliance have Void Elves because they needed to make a large change from the BE model to make a difference.
    Please don't pretend you know the reason why void elves exist, especially since Blizzard mentioned that void elves were created to tell a different narrative. Which they have yet to even begin to explore, and missed a HUGE opportunity in 8.3.

You can come at me regarding High Mountain Taurens but they're in the same faction and the Tauren not the opposite..
    Don't need the HMT because we have something "better" to use: night elf and nightborne have little to no meaningful differences. They even have basically the same skin color: purple.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because Night Elves were pretty... 'xenophobic' back then, especially with their ban of arcane magic usage. Remember: the high elves came to be because they were exiled from night elf lands since they refused to stop using arcane magic..
    Just realized it was all because of Fandral's Night Elven supremacist views; but that's weird, Tyrande sacrificed herself to save Kael and the Blood Elves and she has friendship with Jaina, a mage, and Vereesa, whom she agreed to lend the Hippogryphs, and then Mordent. I guess majority of Night Elves are still wary of the High Elves as of Legion

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    This makes it much more difficult to create a story, because the characters shift from an NPC placement to a PC placement. Previously the high elves were merely tools to create the story. Now, you need to factor people who play as high elves. So if you wanted to kill off the group, now its not possible. Extreme example, but becoming playable makes it more difficult to write a storyline.
    Which is why pandas don't have a story.

I get that there are difference, but there is a fundamental issue at hand where they are simlpy the same race.
    It essentially turns the race neutral, and Blizzard won't ever do such a thing again.
    Pandaren don't have a story because the story writers can't kill them off.

Just taking notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I know one thing. The High Elves would sell and be played by great many people. It almost guarantees their inclusion in the future.
    Maybe one day blizzard will do, when they are out of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Maybe one day blizzard will do, when they are out of options.
    Let's make it one day soon!

I came across this image edit on Twitter, and I must say, it looks pretty good!

But why the fuck are her eyes purple?

I hope they would get unicorn themed heritage armour as that was one of the symbols of QT. Blood Elves can keep phoenix.

I'm all for high elves but this just looks off.

I feel like her tattoos and eyes clash too much with the large chunks of gold on her armor, I feel like the gold "wings-y" look with jewels and stuff is more akin to blood elf atire.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    I'm all for high elves but this just looks off.

I feel like her tattoos and eyes clash too much with the large chunks of gold on her armor, I feel like the gold "wings-y" look with jewels and stuff is more akin to blood elf atire.
    Well, yes. The armor itself is an edit the BE heritage armor. I assume that a HE heritage armor would be based off a different animal. I was thinking an unicorn, since it's the steed of the Silver Covenant, at least according to the Argent Tournament since it's the mount we can buy from them.