7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Snip
    You don't have to rehash arguments that have been already discussed.

And no I wasn't saying you were making the argument I was clarifying. Just saying that has been brought up as an argument.

I am glad you understand the point I was saying.

Because Blood Elves are playable and biologically identical to those exiles. Giving options to an actual playable race and pleasing the people playing that race is more important than humouring those pining for what has already been ruled out.

Should Blood Elves get blue eyes I think it would be akin to those loony toons jokes where the cartoon character runs off the edge of a cliff yet continues on for a few second before reality hits and they plummet to the ground. Similar in that the pro high elf movement hasn't had anything to stand on since Void Elves and the Ion interviews, but blue eyes for Blood Elves might be the moment many of them realise it.
    Oh be real, man. The writing is on the wall. Are you that prideful and arrogant in your stance that you are unable to see this is a clear sign that elf races across different factions are going to be sharing skin and hair color palettes that Blizzard is lifting all restrictions and customization options? If blood elves can soon be brown and shades of purple as indicated in alpha, including brand new hairstyles that completely invalidates the silhouette argument, it is clear they no longer care about making sure every elf race has a distinct look exclusive to their faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh be real, man. The writing is on the wall. Are you that prideful and arrogant in your stance that you are unable to see this is a clear sign that elf races across different factions are going to be sharing skin and hair color palettes that Blizzard is lifting all restrictions and customization options? If blood elves can soon be brown and shades of purple as indicated in alpha, including brand new hairstyles that completely invalidates the silhouette argument, it is clear they no longer care about making sure every elf race has a distinct look exclusive to their faction.
    Purple shades, are you colorblind? It is clearly a dark brown skin tone. They are not bluring the aesthetics between nelves and belves.

Both elves still have very clear differences.

The fight is over. All these new options have killed any reasonable requests helfers possibly had.

Blue eyes, brown skin tones, etc have all been requests by helfers to try to make them somewhat different then belves. Now that belves are getting them helfers have nothing to stand on Besides faction allegiance and last time i checked elves aren't a neutral playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Purple shades, are you colorblind? It is clearly a dark brown skin tone. They are not bluring the aesthetics between nelves and belves.

Both elves still have very clear differences.

The fight is over. All these new options have killed any reasonable requests helfers possibly had.

Blue eyes, brown skin tones, etc have all been requests by helfers to try to make them somewhat different then belves. Now that belves are getting them helfers have nothing to stand on Besides faction allegiance and last time i checked elves aren't a neutral playable race.
    The purple shades I heard of, I don't have access to Alpha and I haven't seen the screen grabs but if you think this kills the request, you're incredibly naïve, and I'll be happy to see you eat crow down the line. Allied Races will have their go-around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you are paying attention at all. What is your source for Blood Elves getting purple skin tones? I bet it was what Pennem said earlier and HE said THAT in response to someone who misinterpreted a dark brown skin tone as purple.

If Blood Elves are getting a purple skin tone it hasn't been datamined yet.

Everything you else you've said is you just extrapolating a few data points and arguing it equates to a philosophy shift which happens to be identical with what you want, a case of seeing what you want to see I believe.

As for the brand new hairstyles...I have seen none but multiple races share hairstyles. It's hair. Hair can be rearranged and dyed however people see fit to rearrange or dye it. Are you equating hair style to be as profound a differentiating factor as skin tone? Because...and this isn't debatable...it's not.

- - - Updated - - -

The purple shades I heard of, I don't have access to Alpha and I haven't seen the screen grabs but if you think this kills the request, you're incredibly naïve, and I'll be happy to see you eat crow down the line. Allied Races will have their go-around.
    So you didn't see the purple shades, didn't find the purple shades, don't have access to the alpha so you can't confirm yourself but you are quite happy to go on an extended spiel about their supposed philosophical shift based on an offhand comment Pennem made without even having seen a picture (it's linked above, the elf is very dark brown, not purple).

Are YOU so prideful and arrogant that you won't now admit you may have spoken too soon?

You're right the request probably wont die no matter what. Doesn't mean it'll happen. What more proof do helfers need?

They got nothing now to differentiate the two "rACes" except one's alliance and one is horde.

Only hope now is to make them neutral and give the horde a new paladin race to compensate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    You don't have to rehash arguments that have been already discussed.

And no I wasn't saying you were making the argument I was clarifying. Just saying that has been brought up as an argument.

I am glad you understand the point I was saying.
    If that's the point others were making it's not one I would have a lot of time for. The exiles can't take anything from the Blood Elves, anymore than the people who live in the mage quarter in Stormwind can take from those who live in the trade district.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right the request probably wont die no matter what. Doesn't mean it'll happen. What more proof do helfers need?

They got nothing now to differentiate the two "rACes" except one's alliance and one is horde.

Only hope now is to make them neutral and give the horde a new paladin race to compensate.
    That isn't going to happen. Which is why the debate is already shifting to Void Elf skin tones.

If that's the point others were making it's not one I would have a lot of time for. The exiles can't take anything from the Blood Elves, anymore than the people who live in the mage quarter in Stormwind can take from those who live in the trade district.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't going to happen. Which is why the debate is already shifting to Void Elf skin tones.
    Doubt that would make a die hard helfer happy lol. They would still be a void elf.

They just need to accept their orc overlords and achieve enlightenment

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt that would make a die hard helfer happy lol. They would still be a void elf.

They just need to accept their orc overlords and achieve enlightenment
    Yes it would still be a Void Elf, and yes they still wouldn't be happy. But as a pro High Elfer in this thread said not too long ago, you can't make everyone happy.

To be honest I doubt Void Elves will get even that. Why ruin Void Elves?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why ruin Void Elves?
    Should ask Void Elf fans that question.

Yes it would still be a Void Elf, and yes they still wouldn't be happy. But as a pro High Elfer in this thread said not too long ago, you can't make everyone happy.

To be honest I doubt Void Elves will get even that. Why ruin Void Elves?
    Preach.

The new custom options have sealed your victory. You should put down a chair and sip on some lemonade and relish in the helfers defeat.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...57524273926144

Night Elves getting access to green, orange, dark blue, bright blue eyes options as well.

This with the sand-blonde hair further evidence of sharing palettes.

10+ Year Old Account

Night Elves getting access to green, orange, dark blue, bright blue eyes options as well.

Eye colour has no meaning for any other race other than thalassian elves and that is solely because some have attempted to equate eye colour with being a different race.

Night Elves getting a range of extra eye colour options is good for them, same as it is for Humans and every other race getting eye colours. But that's what I am saying.

Eye colours are just eye colours. The emotional investment by many in the pro high elf community into the blue eye colour as a major distinguishing factor was never going to stand up as a real difference.

Well, there we go. @Obelisk Kai I know you want this thread to get to 999 pages, but Shadowlands Alpha is appearing like even Blizzard is tired of this trite old argument, and no longer care about your precious faction-distinct restrictions. I'm not here to argue semantics, just point out the obvious new direction. I told you some time ago I'd be here when you finally were made to eat crow, and I'm giving ample warning time that's coming, and the verbal rubbing of nose into the piss puddle will be aplenty and shameless! >:O)

7+ Year Old Account
    The emotional investment by many in the pro high elf community into the blue eye colour as a major distinguishing factor was never going to stand up as a real difference.
    It was only "invested" because a lot agitators kept saying "how are they different looks wise" as a counter.

As I've stated before, and Taliesin&Evitel, and Red Shirt Guy, Aucald, and the overall community that understands and are not trying to simply troll/antagonize: People want High Elves playable to experience the story of a specific group of elves on Alliance from a player character perspective.

This is why High Elves will still be asked for. Now that the 'looks argument' can drop, I want to see what people would be against Alliance players making an Alliance group into a playable experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should ask Void Elf fans that question.
    Implicitly accepts de-voiding Void Elves defeats the point.

If Void Elf fans want to look like a pure high elf on a Void Elf, they aren't Void Elf fans, they are Blood Elf fans with a severe Horde aversion.

Void Elves should be allowed to be their own distinct grouping with their own distinct fantasy.

Eye colour has no meaning for any other race other than thalassian elves and that is solely because some have attempted to equate eye colour with being a different race.

Night Elves getting a range of extra eye colour options is good for them, same as it is for Humans and every other race getting eye colours. But that's what I am saying.

Eye colours are just eye colours. The emotional investment by many in the pro high elf community into the blue eye colour as a major distinguishing factor was never going to stand up as a real difference.
    You're going to die on that hill, I see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Implicitly accepts de-voiding Void Elves defeats the point.

If Void Elf fans want to look like a pure high elf on a Void Elf, they aren't Void Elf fans, they are Blood Elf fans with a severe Horde aversion.

Void Elves should be allowed to be their own distinct grouping with their own distinct fantasy.
    Which is your opinion.

Blood Elves are getting the Lor'themar scar eye option to emulate their leader.

This is the same I've seen VE fans asking for about Alleria. "I want to look like Alleria" is a resounding commonality from those players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was only "invested" because a lot agitators kept saying "how are they different looks wise" as a counter.

As I've stated before, and Taliesin&Evitel, and Red Shirt Guy, Aucald, and the overall community that understands and are not trying to simply troll/antagonize: People want High Elves playable to experience the story of a specific group of elves on Alliance from a player character perspective.

This is why High Elves will still be asked for. Now that the 'looks argument' can drop, I want to see what people would be against Alliance players making an Alliance group into a playable experience.
    Yes, they 'understand' it can be boiled down to politics, the sole differentiating factor which persists, allegiance to the Alliance. Which, as has been said for way too long, isn't enough. Their supposedly unique story isn't enough. You need something more and the exiles can never and will never have it.

Which is why this debate is moving past the possibility of a distinct allied race to the whole void elf skin angle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they 'understand' it can be boiled down to politics, the sole differentiating factor which persists, allegiance to the Alliance. Which, as has been said for way too long, isn't enough.
    But I thought "faction pride is important!!!!" ?