Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i am going to propose a scenario for you high elf demanders.

Say i am right and this happens.

High elves are added has a playable allied race for the alliance.
    Horde overall population drastically drops to life support numbers.

what does blizzard do?
    do they remove the high elves they just added and offer free race changes?
    Well, I mean, let's examine this hypothetical. Most Blood Elf PCs are Paladins and Demon Hunters. Think they make up over half, along with another huge chunk of DKs pushing it well past 2/3. None of the other classes cared enough about Void Elves to switch en masse, despite them having key customization for Warlocks and Priests. The Demon Hunters and DKs aren't going anywhere, because High Elves won't have those.

So this doomsday scenario you pitched is really just "what if no one actually wants to play a Paladin on the Horde?" Well, what's this gigantic megathread demanding Troll Paladins, then?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    We've been debating for several pages about what classes might be best to drop. There have been suggestions to drop Paladins and Priests but add Shamans (Wildhammer or Draenei trained). Others have suggested dropping Mages in exchange for Shamans.

As we've not settled on anything, I just listed all the classes. 7 is the most that I think any Allied Race has been allowed so far, and what I just listed has 8. At least one would need to be dropped, and possibly more. Monk seems like the most extraneous. Shaman is primarily in there to help make them different from Blood Elves.

Blood Elves can also be Warlocks, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters, so this class list is going to be very different no matter how it shakes out.
    Every Race gets Warrior and Hunter so those will always be a given

My vote goes for Mage, Priest, and Paladin to continue and finish the line of classic classes for High Elves

To me up in the air would be Rogue, Monk, Druid, Shaman. I think of those 4 I would honestly say Rogue has the most likely.

Then I think reallyyy up in the air would be the last 3 Monk, Druid, Shaman. If I could only pick 1 from here I would go with Druid honestly but that is my own personal bias likely with WildHammer friendship then Shaman would be the last one fitting.

So to me, the most likely class list would be:

Hunter
    Mage
    Paladin
    Priest
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Warrior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Well, I mean, let's examine this hypothetical. Most Blood Elf PCs are Paladins and Demon Hunters. Think they make up over half, along with another huge chunk of DKs pushing it well past 2/3. None of the other classes cared enough about Void Elves to switch en masse, despite them having key customization for Warlocks and Priests. The Demon Hunters and DKs aren't going anywhere, because High Elves won't have those.

So this doomsday scenario you pitched is really just "what if no one actually wants to play a Paladin on the Horde?" Well, what's this gigantic megathread demanding Troll Paladins, then?
    Good use of statistical data to prove your point. I agree with these findings. Most people playing Blood Elves are doing so because they already want to be on Horde AND look pretty. High Elves would only affect those you didn't want to be on Horde in the first place, but are just playing for the model love.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    finish the line of classic classes for High Elves.
    There is a major appeal to having the classes for High Elves that players expect. Hunter and Rogue both = Ranger, so those are a must.

Warrior to me could be optional, I just don't know if Blizzard would do that because of design philosophy.

Paladin... this one is iffy. Technically the High Elves would have had a handful of paladins of the Silver Hand, but we never saw them. And the Blood Knights are such a big theme for the Blood Elves. This is a class that I feel High Elves could drop and still maintain their identity.

If Warrior could be dropped, my class list would be:

Hunter
    Rogue
    Mage
    Priest
    (and maybe Shaman)

In WCII, High Elves were Rangers, and in WCIII the High Elves were mages and priests. Hunter, Rogue, Mage, and Priest have that covered. Adding in Shamans would be the wild card that could make the High Elves feel truly different from Blood Elves, along with the aesthetic changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sammygm View Post
    If High Elves are meant to be traditionalists and are set in their old ways before the destruction of Sunwell, then they'll still share the same Church with the Humans and Dwarves, so priests and paladins are definitely a must
    I agree about keeping Priests. What do you think about the compromise of dropping the Paladin class? It was never a theme of the High Elves and only really came into play with the Blood Elves and the Blood Knights.
    Last edited by Traycor; 2018-04-11 at 04:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a major appeal to having the classes for High Elves that players expect. Hunter and Rogue both = Ranger, so those are a must.

Warrior to me could be optional, I just don't know if Blizzard would do that because of design philosophy.

Paladin... this one is iffy. Technically the High Elves would have had a handful of paladins of the Silver Hand, but we never saw them. And the Blood Knights are such a big theme for the Blood Elves. This is a class that I feel High Elves could drop and still maintain their identity.

If Warrior could be dropped, my class list would be:

Hunter
    Rogue
    Mage
    Priest
    (and maybe Shaman)

In WCII, High Elves were Rangers, and in WCIII the High Elves were mages and priests. Hunter, Rogue, Mage, and Priest has that covered. Adding in Shamans would be the wild card that could make the High Elves feel truly different from Blood Elves, along with the aesthetic changes.
    I actually cannot agree on the Paladin part being dropped. There were High Elves that believed in the same Holy Light that Humans and Dwarves have believed in, they only started turning away from it when their world was being turned upside down and they lost their own faith in the Holy Light but blamed it instead on the Light instead of themselves. Then the Blood Knights came to be due to deciding the control the Light to their will instead of being led by it.

in the wake of their ancient kingdom's destruction, many of the elves of Quel'Thalas came to view the Holy Light with contempt. This led to a great number of the blood elves losing their faith, and in turn, their Light-given powers,[8] coming to believe that the Light had failed them in their homeland's hour of greatest need.[6] Thus, they needed to find a new way to access the Light. They did this by sapping Light energy from the captive naaru M'uru held beneath the Blood Knight headquarters.
    Most Blood Knights were once members of the Royal Guard, proud defenders of high elven society.[6]
    Following the mass conversion of the high elven survivors to the blood elves, many members of the Royal Guard—who came to believe that the Light had failed them in their hour of greatest need—went on to join the newly-founded Blood Knight order, a prominent group of sin'dorei paladins under the command of Lady Liadrin[2]
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_Knights

To me, in WoW, Having Faith in the Light tends to lead one to being a Priest or Paladin. We see here that "the Royal Guard" believed in the Light until the decimation of their kingdom. I believe the Royal Guard would consist of Knights, and Knights who believed in the Holy Light? Paladins! And it says many members of the Royal Guard joined the Blood Knights and the Blood Knights are all essentially Paladins.

I do not think many regular Warriors would have had the dedication to the Holy Light like this Royal Guard is implied to have.

Blood Elves were once high elves allied with the humans like the dwarves. Like the two others, high elves also believed in the Holy Light. A few were members of the Silver Hand, such as Mehlar Dawnblade, while others belonged to the high elven Royal Guard.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Paladin_races

See, again it is noted here that High Elves also believed in the same Holy Light as Humans and Dwarves. And again it references that while a few were members of the Silver Hand, others belonged to the high elven Royal Guard. Further implying the Royal Guard was made up of Paladins or had Paladins at the very least.

Thus this is my case put forward that High Elf Paladins would indeed be a guaranteed slot.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    To me, in WoW, Having Faith in the Light tends to lead one to being a Priest or Paladin.
    Aren't Paladins relatively new, lore wise? For some reason I thought Uther was the first paladin... Maybe it was just the Silver Hand that was new.

I'd say no to paladin, personally. No to druid, shaman, warlock, and demon hunter as well. Death knight might depend on when they're added, but so far no BFA allied race has the class available to it.

So, my preference would be: Warrior, hunter, rogue, mage, priest, and monk.

All of them, save for monk, are callbacks to Warcraft 3 units, and monk is a class I think should just be available to everyone. Moreover, the emphasis the Silver Covenant had on meditating to deal with their magic addiction ties in nicely with the class, and leaves high elves open to being influenced by wandering pandaren enough that I can see a few cool stories coming out of them taking that path.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 2018-04-11 at 05:18 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Why do High Elves cause you so much discomfort?
    because no more goddamn elves, even worse, one who is exactly the same as the other we already have, just to fuck up the barely good blood elf lore. This is not world of elfcrat that is it

You seem legitimately upset people are engaging in discussion over something they want in the game.
    not upset, just when people try to shove headcanon and bad fanfic, that pisses me off

and the game do not belong to they, if they want something other people don't want that, simple

like i said in other threads i love worgens, i like human lore, but if i start to creating threads asking then to be playable in the horde, it will be shut down

the reasons for those races not be playable in the horde is the same reasons used on the HE on the alliance, no matter how headcnaon and fanfics i bring on to justify

"yah but we had like a lot of HE npcs in the alliance!1!!" npcs means nothing, their lore is just to be BE antagonists, now you have your own elf, with no hold with the Blood elves lore anymore, ask for then to be represented, not to get other, just because you didn't like the color

when blizz end the faction, then it would make

If you don't want it, don't reply.
    it need to be replied to show that people don't want it

if i open thread saying i don't want something, people would come up and say they want it, this is how it works

By turning this into a shouting competition you are just unnecessarily bumping the thread, and you're kind of coming off as a hot head by questioning the merit of peoples character instead of politely countering their points.
    like i said, the only thing who bother me is bullshit, like the dragon druids, there is no politely way to answer those kind of things

this whole "silver covenant concept" who have nothing to do with the silver covenant bugs me

the whole "i want to be everything" elves bug me

The less this thread gets bumped. The less likely high elves are. So if you don't want it, contribute something meaningful, don't just insult people who are in the 'yes' camp.
    i didn't insult anyone here, yet, only if someone insulted me first

and my comments against this idea, contribute to the subject in general, contribute to this race not be added again, but in the other faction

- - - Updated - - -

We've been debating for several pages about what classes might be best to drop.
    thas because you guys have no idea on what to stick with their fantasy, cause High elf fantasy is blood elf fantasy, this is an attempt to fuse a bit of blood elf and night elf fantasy with (holy shit) wildhammer fantasy, but just become a big mess

Should we do the nature elves? "but i want an elf mage BabyRage"

then we should stick the the arcane mages? "but i want elf druid BabyRage"

then what we do? "everything!1! and put paladin too, cause i want to be a BE paladin without be horde"

like i said in previous pages, the only way they got a new fantasy, own their own, is no magic at all that mean they would be more pale, skinny, with white and white/blueish eyes, that would be a decent plot

but no way we had more elves before the 9.0, regardless the fantasy, blizzard know the community is pissed of about the elf disease, and thy will not suddenly put another elf to fuck up a recent added race
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-11 at 05:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Look at it as an opportunity for another horde race. It opens doors for a horde equivalent that is not an elf. Like undecayed Undead (Like Nathanos), Eredar, Taunka, Yaugol, etc.
    no, i want the exactly same alliance race, but with a minor difference like eye color, the alliance need to give up the same thing

undead nathanos? no, it should be the humans of alterac, who sided with the horde in warcraft 2

Eredar? just if they are blue, the original eredar, not the demonic manari

Honestly High Elves are an inevitability given Blizzard's recent comments
    then lets wait and see, like i said, it would be more plausible to give less voidish colors to void elves

i can't see they adding second elf so quickly, at least no in this expansion, it will diminish the VE as whole and BE lore in the end

What is clear is that Blizzard is setting up a void versus light elf conflict because blood elves are basically light elves now. The question remains what they'll do with those that are neither. It's either kill them off(more likely than any other option) or add them(a lot less likely).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i am going to propose a scenario for you high elf demanders.

Say i am right and this happens.

High elves are added has a playable allied race for the alliance.
    Horde overall population drastically drops to life support numbers.

what does blizzard do?
    do they remove the high elves they just added and offer free race changes?
    How about:

1. Write a better narrative for the Horde that actually incentivizes players to PLAY Horde

2. Stop using a barely acceptable excuse for why the Blood Elves were added to the Horde as a BAND-AID FIX, for the Horde's already problematic population numbers.

If people are going to migrate to the Alliance on a whim that High Elves are playable, that's on Blizzard to correct that action. Shoe-Horning a desired race into a disfavored faction because you want more players to play said faction is as scummy a design choice as one could have done back in 2005 and it still is to this day. It's analogous saying you can only get a prescription filled at a pharmacy only IF you buy their discount service and switch all your prescriptions over to them. Does it work? Yea, it can. But its a shitty paradigm and practice nonetheless.

If the Horde was so weak in appeal that the Blood Elves are the ONLY reason the Horde has a population after 10+ fucking years of game design, Blizzard is entirely at fault and are failures in game design. And considering how much players LIKE the Horde as a faction, I highly doubt adding High Elves will matter at this rate; if faction populations matter at all considering most people migrate to the best realms for PVE or PVP content alone, and not by faction.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Longinus View Post
    But they could and they should. Just like the High Elves.
    For the sake of nostalgia it would be great. I don't think it suits the direction of the story now anymore though. According to the Chronicles (retcon or not) the High elves that were loyal to the Alliance were a small sect acting independently, the High elves in the larger sense had a different agenda. Having the high elves as an allied race implies otherwise and contradict most of their recent history.

The fact is, as a race the High elves became blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion anymore because it conflicts with yours? Not even an opinion on what allied races I think should be added just because you don't like it?
    You can have any opinion you want. I'm just pointing out it conflicts with the game, it's fantasies, the story form the past and the direction the story is taking moving forward.
    Last edited by Azen; 2018-04-11 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    For the sake of nostalgia it would be great. I don't think it suits the direction of the story now anymore though. According to the Chronicles (retcon or not) the High elves that were loyal to the Alliance were a small sect acting independently, the High elves in the larger sense had a different agenda. Having the high elves as an allied race implies otherwise and contradict most of their recent history.
    Not really. Lore-wise there are very few Void Elves too. And Death Knights. And Demon Hunters. These are playable nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Longinus View Post
    Not really. Lore-wise there are very few Void Elves too. And Death Knights. And Demon Hunters. These are playable nevertheless.
    The quantity is irrelevant. High elves as you knew them now exist as Blood elves. The race as it existed changed into what it is now. You want to ignore this change? Pretend it didn't happen and reestablish it as something it was in the past as of nothing that lead to its transformation ever happened.

Might as well take one of the old human kingdoms, restore it to its former glory and make it part of the Horde. Just ignore everything that happened inbetween.

- - - Updated - - -

It does? What points to that? Can you tell me how this game is going in a direction different from what I am trying to debate? It seems like the opposite, with allied races being a dime a dozen.
    Allied races doesn't grant free reign to create or recreate anything you like that matches your own fantasies and ideas.

The events from the creation of the Sunwell up to the current events are quite clear in showing that the High elves as you want them is gone. Dead and buried. They are now Blood elves. And what remains of want you want is just a reminder of the past.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Why bother? What you are doing, devising ways to make a group of High Elves distinct from the Blood Elves, is exactly what Blizzard did to create the Void Elves.

If Void Elves are too different, nothing except a clone will satisfy.

Also your creations look like rejects from an 80's glam rock band. I know that sounds harsh, but that is literally what they look like.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=je...2fIhtmE2-F4hM:
    New Sub-Race: HighRockingEves

- - - Updated - - -

High Elves as I want them currently exist right now. And yes, Allied races do give Blizzard free reign to create or recreate anything they want. A.) They are Blizzard. B.) They permit similar races to currently existing ones.
    So you want Blood Elves???

Hey Kai,

Again, as i previously said to you on another thread, your mind is already decided so you give the answer and present your arguments in a way to lead the reader in the direction you believe is right. And that is clear when you say "It is not possible".

I will try to be brief, because we both know none of us will change our minds

I don't think it's possible to differentiate High Elves of the Alliance and Blood Elves. I know some people are trying, but what they create doesn't look right. And what does look right is already playable.

Those are my thoughts.
    Here is your genuine feeling. And i know the feeling is shared with many other people.
    but there are also other people that feel the opposite.

I believe the answer for a High Elf playable race lies in creating a visually compelling race that resembles the high elf warcraft theme but at the same time differenciates themselves from their family races: Blood Elves and Void Elves.

The lack of emphasis on the Void Elves is understandable as they have just come into existence and their story will be that of the wider void versus light conflict that will not only form the core of the game's story going forward, but the story of the thalassian peoples as they divide into light and void focused groups.

I am convinced, given the new plot paradigm of light versus dark, that the Void Elves are destined to play a major role in the future of the game, particularly Alleria and Umbric as the two Void Elf leaders (even if Alleria is a different sort of Void Elf). The Thalassian storyline makes the most sense as reflecting this new paradigm. High Elves of the Alliance have no place in that new dichotomy. A dichotomy by definition involves only two things after all.

You said Blood Elves and Void Elves make a contrast like Holy Race vs. Void Race, and it is true. That is the path Blizzard is taking right now.

I also believe that High Elves have also an opposite race, and i have talked about it many times, even in this thread: The Undead High Elves, the ones killed by Arthas and raised in undeath, like Sylvanas. They would be perfect for the counter part. Also High Elf vs. Blood Elf also make sense, since high elves want to return to their homeland but blood elves say they no longer belong there. And void elves vs. undead elves is like the conflict between Alleria and Sylvanas (need to say more?).

I could also discuss the Argus retcon and the relevance of the Silver Covenant in WoW lore, because i don't agree with you on both replies you gave. We have different interpretations, and its ok, and we both know we won't reach a consensus.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-04-11 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Hey Kai,

Again, as i previously said to you on another thread, your mind is already decided so you give the answer and present your arguments in a way to lead the reader in the direction you believe is right. And that is clear when you say "It is not possible".

I will try to be brief, because we both know none of us will change our minds

Here is your genuine feeling. And i know the feeling is shared with many other people.
    but there are also other people that feel the opposite.

I believe the answer for a High Elf playable race lies in creating a visually compelling race that resembles the high elf warcraft theme but at the same time differenciates themselves from their family races: Blood Elves and Void Elves.

You said Blood Elves and Void Elves make a contrast like Holy Race vs. Void Race, and it is true. That is the path Blizzard is taking right now.

I also believe that High Elves have also an opposite race, and i have talked about it many times, even in this thread: The Undead High Elves, the ones killed by Arthas and raised in undeath, like Sylvanas. They would be perfect for the counter part. Also High Elf vs. Blood Elf also make sense, since high elves want to return to their homeland but blood elves say they no longer belong there. And void elves vs. undead elves is like the conflict between Alleria and Sylvanas (need to say more?).

I could also discuss the Argus retcon and the relevance of the Silver Covenant in WoW lore, because i don't agree with you on both replies you gave. We have different interpretations, and its ok, and we both know we won't reach a consensus.
    That's fair enough.

I would personally like to thank you for your respectful replies and willingness to engage.

Too many people on this topic are too quick to resort to ad hominem attacks, igniting flame wars.

I believe you are wrong of course, and I will continue to argue my point of view in these topics, but I believe a discussion as we have had is more fruitful overall.

7+ Year Old Account
    The difference is there is no massive horde movement for any of those things, they never contributed to the horde aesthetic, or identity. You and I both know they are different from high elves.

If it were people saying "I want alliance orcs because it'd be cool!" and there was a giant movement for that, I'd call it ridiculous, too.
    so we just need some vocal minority and the idea udenly sop being ridiculous?

The high elves are not alliance identity not since warcraft 2, a few npcs don't change that

Like I said, with the abundance of allied races, what's the big issue with another elf?
    because regardless the "abundance of allied races" they still are in 2, 2 tauren, 2 draeneis, 2 orcs, 2 humans, elves are in 4

High Elves sound ridiculous when you willfully ignore the context, but we both know the context. They aren't ridiculous, it's just a bad time for another elf. Do we agree?
    we are just walking in circles at this point
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-04-11 at 10:56 AM.

High Elves as I want them currently exist right now. And yes, Allied races do give Blizzard free reign to create or recreate anything they want. A.) They are Blizzard. B.) They permit similar races to currently existing ones.
    Blizzard yea. You? No. Since they have already said Blood elves are High elves, I think it's pretty clear what you want doesn't fit the game. At least not now.

That's fair enough.

I would personally like to thank you for your respectful replies and willingness to engage.

Too many people on this topic are too quick to resort to ad hominem attacks, igniting flame wars.
    It's ok, mate!

Forums can become toxic if we all together don't make a collective effort to respect each other, and especially when we are all passionate for something.

It is up to all of us to try to relax, take a breath when things get heated.

I believe it is important for everyone to be heard, whether we agree or not agree with them, and to make constructive discussions, because those are the ones where we get the best results.

I believe you are wrong of course
    And I wouldn't expect any other answer than that one, of course!

I will continue to argue my point of view in these topics, but I believe a discussion as we have had is more fruitful overall.
    This is what forums are about. For people to share their points of view, preferably in a constructive way. (because flame wars don't take us anywhere.)
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-04-11 at 11:09 AM.

It literally wasn't possible after Burning Crusade until the inception of Allied Races, it literally wasn't feasible. These kinds of requests are the reason the allied race system came into existence.

It was a request that was impossible to grant for most of those 15 years. You're acting like nothing has changed. It's the same as Dark Iron, requested for 15 years, they were added as an allied race. They also said 'Nothing is off the table'.

Stop acting like they've been saying no for 15 years, that is such a dumb argument. The community has existed for 15 years, and it's been a wishlist item, but finally, there is a way to implement them, and I think Ion commented before actually understanding the situation, otherwise they wouldn't have said "Nothing is off the table" and they would have said "High Elves, and races that are very similar to others are off the table."

If it comes a time 15 years from now when t here are no High Elves despite the allied race system? I'd say Yeah, they aren't happening and people should stop asking... But with the allied race system? It raises the possibility. Mag'har and Dark Iron have been requested nearly as long and were only JUST implemented.
    Allied Races could have been implemented years ago as well.

Stop acting like that suddenly opened the flood gates and Blizzard made something revolutionary and new.

Customisation in games isn't exactly ground breaking and new considering Blizzard have easily done so for NPC's, reskinning old rigs for years, reskinning models foryears, so on, really you're just making yourself sound quite stand-offish for literally no reason other than you feel your opinion matters more and Blizzard will listen.

Blizzard easily could have done customisation way back, even when the game started and picking a race is really customisation in itself, so expanding on it isn't a push. There's been ample opportunity to at least provide the different shade of eye colour to the mix for Blood Elves without the problem of race and visuals as it stands now. They even said time and time again, gameplay>lore which connected to High Elves, as gameplay would be simplified to an eye colour, is still being withdrawn, for years, because of lore. It's quite something, almost idiotic when their approach is gameplay>lore. Why would it even matter? But it clearly lore does and been abstained for so long, even back in TBC when in ignorance it could have been added. I mean Pandarens were pulled and Draenei just whacked in. Such a huge change but something like High Elves was, overlooked?

On top of that, the recent golden eye colour implementation is one such example, easy solution to add it, to offset this, they even gave a really brief explanation that it comes with the cleansing of the Sunwell, which happened years ago in lore and gameplay. Confusing much? Or avoidance. I mean break it down. All it is, is a recolour on faces, 3 faces. It's not difficult for them to do it. There was even a model remake a while ago to sneak it in, before Allied Races. But no.
    There's a lot to things to support it and so much time to do it in, such as, entry of the race entirely, aforementioned remodels of the race, weaved lore in quicker too as they always do between expansions which in turn would support things like the Silver Covenant faction existing, Varessa their leader and here since Wrath which in turn lend itself to Allied Race system as it stands, Void Elves with High Elves in the same Telogrus Rift where they could bullshit there way through that or springboard from. Heck, Blood Elves being the biggest Horde faction played so a change of eye colour wouldn't even matter in terms of visuals back then. Sweet Jesus there's been a lot. And yet... They dodged every time. One simple change or addition.

Weird or, just riding their own gravy train of Allied Races and avoiding the subject entirely, in the most obvious way, by throwing other things to deflect the awareness of such avoidance.

I'm glad you're hopeful of Blizzard listening, however looking at what has already transpired, it looks like Blizzard are still going to hold their ground. With needless amounts of opportunities to do something so simple as give blue eye colour change up to something as drastic as having a High Elf Allied Race, to which they've already got a sea of "constantly requested" races to place side by side another race, which was rather more for years "we want customisation like x, y, z races"... With fuck knows what else to support and waving a magic wand to make it so.
    I'm more sceptical with such a thing happening, they have lore as it stands now currently, to make it a real possibility. High Elves being pissed off with Sylvanas, Varessa warning Alleria in Genedar, they could even have Varessa siding with Horde since Void Elves pretty much pissed on the older lore entirely... They could pull fucking anything at this point, High Elf fans would lap that shit up most likely because for once they exist as playable characters. So much there to make this such an piss easy opportunity, and... Yeah it's still not here.

And what's amazing is, giving High Elves as an Allied Race, would be such a massive cash grab and fan-service, I'm confused why they haven't done it literally upon their release and here we are, Void Elves filling that gap and already seeing so many being levelled.
    And with that, Allied Races not even 6 months old in release or carnation, 8 Allied Races have been confirmed, with some like literal "what the fuck?". And they still skirt around High Elves to this day. Like what? But you may not see the colossal avoidance like I do because you are hoping they will give just give that Blizzard will be candid with an eye colour.

Like I said, I'm glad you're hoping Blizzard will pull through, you carry on. However, I'm not sure Blizzard are going to take a step further unless they do something radical like, make Dragonkin a thing with a humanoid side similar to Worgen (since a tendency amongst the Blue Dragonflight like using High Elf). Or better yet, they do something with the Quel'Thalas area on the map since it's been invisible walled since Cataclysm thanks to flying making it obvious. But even then, with Void Elves in the mix, they could just mask off High Elves entirely. Or keep them amalgamated as they are in Telogrus Rift.
    Who knows.

But I am allowed to express opinion that is factually obvious, that they have been off the table with so much time to deliver it. And also personally, they won't because for 15 years it's been stepped around with clear implementation to avoid it. Without needing to be a prick about it.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-04-11 at 12:26 PM.