Quote Originally Posted by funklink View Post
    Do you really have to sidetrack interesting threads like this with disgusting nonsense?
    It looks like I have a lying, burner account fan.

We both know all your posts will be gone very, very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Horde whine about Nightborne shipping out unfinished and lazily done: Completely ok.
    Helfers whine about Void Elf-High Elf customization pass shipping out unfinished and lazily done: Pure greed.

You gotta love it.
    Probably because nightborne were admitted to being unfinished, lazily done, and have been shown to be poor quality.
    Complaining that you're not getting every single color that would make your model an exact copy of a horde race is not equivalent.
    Save your false indignation, it has no place here.

Edit: by the way guys. I know some people brought up high elf paladins but...since void elves can't be paladins, doesnt that mean all thosehigh elf paladins end up going to the Horde? <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    As far as gameplay goes this will return faction balance to pre-BC levels. Elves were the only thing that gave the horde a fighting chance.
    Yeah, no. Nothing will ever restore Alliance population. Most players and guilds are already on Horde and nothing can change it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Broflake View Post
    Edit: by the way guys. I know some people brought up high elf paladins but...since void elves can't be paladins, doesnt that mean all thosehigh elf paladins end up going to the Horde? <.<
    I wouldn't be surprised if one or two expansions down the line players get the choice to pick void elf paladins. Lightforged draenei death knights are coming in Shadowlands, breaking the back of a previously fundamental Warcraft theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yeah, no. Nothing will ever restore Alliance population. Most players and guilds are already on Horde and nothing can change it at this point.
    Uhhh...most players last we saw, were roughly evenly split. ABout 47 to 56, and after that Ion said they were roughly equal. Alliance isn't hurting for players.
    You just lack hardcore players which has been the case since vanilla.
    Seriously, there is a reason horde have always dominated the raid scene even when they had the smaller pop.
    BFA is the only time where horde have had the majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It looks like I have a lying, burner account fan.

We both know all your posts will be gone very, very soon.
    Just quit posting weird shit and move on. Please stop responding to me.

I believe it will increase the number of casual players on the Alliance side of things, not that the current one isn't sizable to being with.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if one or two expansions down the line players get the choice to pick void elf paladins. Lightforged draenei death knights are coming in Shadowlands, breaking the back of a previously fundamental Warcraft theme.
    LF dranei who are DK's are LF dranei who have died. When you die, the light leaves your body entirely which is why they can come back as a DK.
    We have also brought back human paladins who are also inundated with the light. It does not break thelore.

Void elf paladins wouldn't work. Void elves are inundated with void. Paladins are inundated with light. The result? You explode.
    There are also no fundamental class changes coming, so its not happening this expansion if ever.

LF dranei who are DK's are LF dranei who have died. When you die, the light leaves your body entirely which is why they can come back as a DK.
    We have also brought back human paladins who are also inundated with the light. It does not break thelore.

Void elf paladins wouldn't work. Void elves are inundated with void. Paladins are inundated with light. The result? You explode.
    There are also no fundamental class changes coming, so its not happening this expansion if ever.
    It does break the lore, albeit very recently introduced lore. Being a paladin that wields the light and being Lightforged are two completely different things. We've seen paladins and priests being raised into undeath, but these are the first examples of beings of light being raised into undeath.

The light and death magic have always been known to be polar opposites of oneanother in a myriad of ways. It is only with Cataclysm that they started to slowly move away from this, making this the biggest change in this dynamic that we've seen in a decade.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-05-29 at 01:51 PM.

It does break the lore, albeit very recently introduced lore. Being a paladin that wields the light and being Lightforged are two completely different things.
    I must disagree with you here for several reasons.
    The difference between a priest and a paladin goes beyond spell slinging and martial arts.
    It is stated priests use thelight, but paladins are infused with it.
    Thusly, if you are a paladin, and you try to take in void energy, you'll pop since they cancel each other out.
    LF dranei are arguably a higher order of light users than standard dranei, but the rules still apply to them. Once you die, you aren't a vessel for light anymore, and the only thing that prevents you from being brought back as an undead is the light itself intervening. Remember the DK class hall quest?

I know it seems weird, but it does work.

nothing can change it at this point.
    What about...

lots of money?

It does break the lore, albeit very recently introduced lore. Being a paladin that wields the light and being Lightforged are two completely different things.

The light and death magic have always been known to be polar opposites of oneanother in a myriad of ways. It is only with Cataclysm that they started to slowly move away from this, making this the biggest change in this dynamic that we've seen in a decade.
    The argument against undead paladins is that they don’t simply wield the light, they infuse themselves with it. For undead, the light’s influence is painful. They feel their rotting flesh as if it was living. For creatures of void magic, that reaction wouldn’t just be painful, but explosive. Void elf paladins are a different issue than lightforged dks.

Quote Originally Posted by protip View Post
    The argument against undead paladins is that they don’t simply wield the light, they infuse themselves with it. For undead, the light’s influence is painful. They feel their rotting flesh as if it was living. For creatures of void magic, that reaction wouldn’t just be painful, but explosive. Void elf paladins are a different issue than lightforged dks.
    LF DK's are also technically dead so they dont have light in them anymore.

I must disagree with you here for several reasons.
    The difference between a priest and a paladin goes beyond spell slinging and martial arts.
    It is stated priests use thelight, but paladins are infused with it.
    Thusly, if you are a paladin, and you try to take in void energy, you'll pop since they cancel each other out.
    LF dranei are arguably a higher order of light users than standard dranei, but the rules still apply to them. Once you die, you aren't a vessel for light anymore, and the only thing that prevents you from being brought back as an undead is the light itself intervening. Remember the DK class hall quest?

I know it seems weird, but it does work.
    I wanted to recall the DK class quest myself when Tyrion's resurrection is prevented. The light doesn't allow an ordinary human to be raised, yet something that is made out of the light itself gets raised much easier and faster. It then implies that the light, which is magic in itself, has a sentience and gets to pick favourites.

The light and death in Warcraft have been shown to be diametrically opposite allignments throughout World of Warcraft and, while it is less of a transgression when it comes to magical allignment than bringing together the light and the void, I still see it as one nontheless.

Imagine someone telling you back in TBC or even in WotLK that there will be Lightforged entities, made out of the light, who will be champions of death magic. You'd think it is the most ridiculous idea ever; if not you, then I'm sure that the vast majority would feel that way. Fast-forward and here we are. I don't think there should be void elf paladins, but what I'm saying here is that Blizzard keeps shaking things up and you can't hang to any single variable.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that part, but what I suspect is that Blizzard won't care about it, just like they haven't cared about other lore in the past and have just sidestepped it. If they've taught us anything in regards to WoW, then it is that nothing is certain and that lore bends easier than grass.

I wanted to recall the DK class quest myself when Tyrion's resurrection is prevented. The light doesn't allow an ordinary human to be raised, yet something that is made out of the light itself gets raised much easier and faster. It then implies that the light, which is magic in itself, has a sentience and gets to pick favourites.

The light and death in Warcraft have been shown to be diametrically opposite allignments throughout World of Warcraft and, while it is less of a transgression when it comes to magical allignment than bringing together the light and the void, I still see it as one nontheless.

Imagine someone telling you back in TBC or even in WotLK that there will be Lightforged entities, made out of the light, who will be champions of death magic. You'd think it is the most ridiculous idea ever; if not you, then I'm sure that the vast majority would feel that way. Fast-forward and here we are. I don't think there should be void elf paladins, but what I'm saying here is that Blizzard keeps shaking things up and you can't hang to any single variable.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that part, but what I suspect is that Blizzard won't care about that part, just like they haven't cared about other lore in the past and have just sidestepped it.
    Calia Menethil is a key example of how that is not true. Others include Sir Zeliek and Alonsus Faol. The dead can wield and infuse themselves with light.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that part, but what I suspect is that Blizzard won't care about it, just like they haven't cared about other lore in the past and have just sidestepped it. If they've taught us anything in regards to WoW, then it is that nothing is certain and that lore bends easier than grass.
    Light and Death are not opposing forces. Light and Void oppose each other. That is why light users generally have an advantage over Death users. If they were opposed, they would negate each other but this is not the case. We have seen the undead even use the light as a weapon and to heal. It is painful for them, but they have done it, and the earliest we have seen such a thing was in naxxramas.
    The lore has greater depth than presented, and while I know it seems odd, and it certainly is, it is not unheard of either.

I am not surprised if the light plays favorites. They wanted the "chosen boy" Illidan who proceeded to optic blast the crystal chandelier

I don't think it's okay to restrict blood elves from any part of the high elf legacy. They are the continuation of high elf society, and they have gone through considerable effort to maintain their way of life. I like the idea of arcane runes, and Warcraft 2 style warpaint could be interesting, but if the story behind any of these options is that it comes from their history as high elves, then blood elves should have access to it as well.
    Some players are complaining that BE & HE will now be exactly the same. An excellent way to create the distinction is to give high elves their legacy warpaint. Blood elves design diverged from this in WC3, and it would be silly to revert BEs to high elf designs. Part of the whole point of high elves is that they never left that way of thinking behind. BEs would get their acane runes that fit the BE design philosophy and way of thinking. Problem solved.

Light and Death are not opposing forces. Light and Void oppose each other. That is why light users generally have an advantage over Death users. If they were opposed, they would negate each other but this is not the case. We have seen the undead even use the light as a weapon and to heal. It is painful for them, but they have done it, and the earliest we have seen such a thing was in naxxramas.
    The lore has greater depth than presented, and while I know it seems odd, and it certainly is, it is not unheard of either.

I am not surprised if the light plays favorites. They wanted the "chosen boy" Illidan who proceeded to optic blast the crystal chandelier
    Light and void are cosmically opposite forces only after the Chronicles have been released, giving us an actual chart to compare cosmic forces to begin with. Only a couple of years after the Chronicles were released, we've already seen a senior storyteller say how that's basically what the titans thing of the universe, leaving everything up in the air depending on how truthful the titans' takes are. Up untill at least Cataclysm, light was the stark opposite of death too and they changed that very easily.

My entire point is that whatever lore is canon right now is pointless to latch onto because it can change within a single patch, let alone an expansion or major story source like a book, novel and so on. Don't be surprised if they turn their back on their own lore as it stands today and make void elf paladins in the future. That is all I am saying.

The one that wanted Illidan to the "Chosen One" was Xe'ra, a Naaru, and Naaru have shown us to be no less the individuals than any other characters we've met. We've seen that their ideas differ, as is witnessed through A'dal's take on things.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-05-29 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traycor View Post
    Some players are complaining that BE & HE will now be exactly the same. An excellent way to create the distinction is to give high elves their legacy warpaint. Blood elves design diverged from this in WC3, and it would be silly to revert BEs to high elf designs. Part of the whole point of high elves is that they never left that way of thinking behind. BEs would get their acane runes that fot the BE design philosophy and way of thinking. Problem solved.
    They aren't though. All HE will have different hairstyles, hair colors and turn purple in combat. You can see complaints about this in this very thread, and it's enough differences to say that at this stage they are distinct aside from their skin and eye colors.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Calia Menethil is a key example of how that is not true. Others include Sir Zeliek and Alonsus Faol. The dead can wield and infuse themselves with light.
    Don't forget about my boy Leonid Bartholomew the Revered. Undead paladins are long overdue. And a much likely possibility now without the Lich Queen dragging the undead down.

Not that I want to get into the argument about Light lore. They've shown they don't have any particular care to make it consistent and everything will change to their fancy if they need to create new plot points at any moment.

The Light works in mysterious ways, so mysterious not even the writers know them.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2020-05-29 at 02:13 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn