Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    (B)oneless Forsaken for instance and upright Orcs!
    After playing with Forsaken on the PTR... if they ever get an upright option, I'll actually make one. I was able to make a Forsaken female priest I actually liked the look of... it was only her hunched over posture that ruined the look. Otherwise she looked pretty darn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Yet San'layn are not only DK, so that's moot when we are talking about where a playable san'layn fantasy would make more sense holistically.

Between Forsaken and Blood Elves, the later make more sense, becayse Sanlayn already use Blood Elven Models so they could easily be an expanded option of what's already possible, and the fact that BE DK's are playable give us precedent that undeath is a playable theme for Blood Elves already.

- - - Updated - - -

The fun thing is that when they say "we are gonna do that", they don't add a set date, sooooo... I hope it's soon, but at this point no earlier than 9.1

Maybe super optimistically whenever underwear happens we are gonna get some more stuff.
    If you want the customization of the sanlayn that use the blood elf model and not the customization of the sanlayn that use the night elf model then that customization is already playable! play a dk

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    If you want the customization of the sanlayn that use the blood elf model and not the customization of the sanlayn that use the night elf model then that customization is already playable! play a dk
    You do realize that people may like undeath theme and many not want to like play DK? San'layn NPCs showed us generous numbers of casters and other classes as rogues. Even two examples you posted before showed a mage and rogue. Not to mention that with San'layn skin you'd get a chance to play Dark Ranger too.

It's a really popular request for blood elves and it is well justified, to be honest. There are definitely more people who goes pro-san'layn then those who goes anti-san'layn, which are almost non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Honestly the point of disagreement here is how long will it take to come, not if it will. I just think their statement that customization will be a prolonged effort means more that it will be a concern beyond (this) expansion, not just as a feature of it -as the idea we will get more AR and Heritage Armor down the line.

This it's one of those things I'd be glad to be wrong about, cause what I want and what I think will happen are two different things. So yeh, I don't think you are right, but I certainly hope you indeed are.
    Yes, indeed. On this matter, we are all sure AR will get some attention at some point. I believe AR will get some attention during SL period, since I think this expansion will be dedicated to new customizations and while this feature is open to return in any other expansion, I think Blizz will focus on it now so that they can do other stuff for the future... like maybe class skins.

I also think nothing enormous will happen to AR, or at least most of them. Majority of new customization we've seen to core races basically works like a way for sub-races to make it to the game. AR are kind of sub-races themselves, they have limited fantasy and derivations they offer are mostly minimal. The only AR sub-races I can think of:

- High elves on void elves
    - Forest trolls on Zandalari trolls (forest trolls always been pictured more bulky then jungle trolls)
    - Frostborn dwarves from Dark Iron
    - Vrykul from Kul Tiran

Safe for that, the addition to AR we can expect are minor cosmetic features, like new hairstyles, tattoos, various decorations of various body parts, etc. All these features won't change the general feel of the AR or the fantasy it offers already, on the contrary to what we have seen on some of core races customizations.
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-09-23 at 07:19 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    You do realize that people may like undeath theme and many not want to like play DK? San'layn NPCs showed us generous numbers of casters and other classes as rogues. Even two examples you posted before showed a mage and rogue. Not to mention that with San'layn skin you'd get a chance to play Dark Ranger too.

It's a really popular request for blood elves and it is well justified, to be honest. There are definitely more people who goes pro-san'layn then those who goes anti-san'layn, which are almost non-existent.

Yes, indeed. On this matter, we are all sure AR will get some attention at some point. I believe AR will get some attention during SL period, since I think this expansion will be dedicated to new customizations and while this feature is open to return in any other expansion, I think Blizz will focus on it now so that they can do other stuff for the future... like maybe class skins.

I also think nothing enormous will happen to AR, or at least most of them. Majority of new customization we've seen to core races basically works like a way for sub-races to make it to the game. AR are kind of sub-races themselves, they have limited fantasy and derivations they offer are mostly minimal. The only AR sub-races I can think of:

- Forest trolls on Zandalari trolls (forest trolls always been pictured more bulky then jungle trolls)
    - Vrykul from Kul Tiran

Safe for that, the addition to AR we can expect are minor cosmetic features, like new hairstyles, tattoos, various decorations of various body parts, etc. All these features won't change the general feel of the AR or the fantasy it offers already, on the contrary to what we have seen on some of core races customizations.
    I'd like to know more of your ideas for this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    In light with more (and hopefully more) customizations, I'm thinking that perhaps the time has come for sub-races and/or sub-factions and more categorization for QoL purposes? What would be your ideas for them?

Here's my ideas:

Alliance

Human:
    Stormwindian proper: all classes
    Lightforged: Priest, Paladin -> golden eyes, golden naaru runes
    Dalarani: Mage -> blue/purple eyes, blue/purple runic tattoos, long beard

Dwarf:
    Bronzebeard proper: all classes
    Lightforged: Paladin, Warrior -> golden eyes, golden naaru runes
    Wildhammer: Shaman, Warrior -> blue/yellow/yellow tattoos, other Wildhammer stuff

Night Elf:
    Darnassian proper: all classes except Mage
    Night Warrior: all classes except Mage (and perhaps Paladin?) -> Night Warrior stuffs
    Highborne: Mage, Warrior, Priest -> bluer skin, whiter hair, Shen'dralar stuffs
    Illidari: Demon Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Rogue -> horns, more fel saturation in eyes, fel runic tattoos, fel skin

Draenei
    Exodari proper: all classes
    Broken: all classes except Paladin -> Broken Draenei stuffs
    Man'ari lethargics: Warlock, Warrior, Mage, Demon Hunter -> Man'ari stuffs

Void Elf
    First Generation: all classes
    Second Generation: all classes except Warlock -> fair skin, lesser tentacles, blue eyes
    Farstrider: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue -> Blue/Green/Silver Farstrider tattoos
    Void Ascendant: all classes ->more tentacles, old god eyes, extra eyes, more sinister vibes, translucent skin to match elemental vibes

Kul Tiran Human
    Kul Tiran proper: all classes
    Thornspeaker Drust: all classes except Priest -> somewhat bulkier build with Drust aesthetics
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Horde

Troll
    Darkspear proper: all classes
    Frost Troll: all classes -> blue skin, white/gray/silver hair
    Forest Troll: all classes except Mage -> green skin
    Dark Troll: all classes except Mage -> purple skin, darker hair
    Sand Troll: all classes -> brown/beige skin

Tauren
    Bloodhoof proper: all classes
    Taunka: all classes except Paladin -> blue skin, white hair
    Grimtotem: all classes except Paladin -> dark skin, white/darker hair

Forsaken:
    Lordaeronian proper: all classes
    Dalarani: Mage -> blue/purple eyes, blue/purple runic tattoos, long beards?
    Forgotten Shadow: Priest, Warlock, Death Knight -> black/white eyes, yellowish runic tattoos, darker skin
    Leonid's Argents: Priest, Mage, Warrior -> lighter skin, more intact body and flesh (and perhaps gold eyes?)

Blood Elf:
    Blood Elven proper: all classes except Hunter
    High Elf: all classes except Warlock and Demon Hunter -> blue eyes, more lighter colored hair
    Magister: Mage, Warrior, Priest -> arcane runic tattoos
    Farstrider: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue -> Red/Green/Gold Farstrider tattoos
    Blood Knight: Priest, Paladin -> golden eyes, golden tattoos (but not naaru-ish, enough to distinguish them from Lightforged)
    Illidari: Demon Hunter, Warlock, Mage, Warrior -> horns, more fel saturation in eyes, fel runic tattoos, fel skin
    Undead: all classes except Paladin and Demon Hunter -> undead skin, red eyes, cracks on lips, Dark Ranger/Darkfallen stuffs

Nightborne
    Nightborne proper: all classes
    Moonguard Highborne: all classes -> almost Night Elf build but ears are still pointed upwards

the rest idk yet
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I'm sorry, I know it's your idea and all but "all classes" seems like such a lore murder. Especially for Night Elves to me because they're my favourite race. You say all classes except mage, which I agree, but what about warlock? That's arguably way worse. I'd argue for Paladin and Shaman aswell.

I'd like to know more of your ideas for this one:
    I thought about this as well. My idea is inspired on posts made previously by @MyWholeLifeIsThunder. It's based on idea of merging core and allied races. Each race would have base variant and as you play, you unlock other customizations for your character, as well as more heritage armors, different racials, etc. My thought on this:

Alliance

Humans
    - model variants: regular humans, bulky humans (kul tiran model), thin human - the idea is that all human shapes are open and are not tied to certain human nation. In that way, you can be bulky stormwindian, thin gilnean or regular kul tiran.
    - heritage armors: stormwind, lordaeron, dalaran, kul tiras, gilneas, dalaran, stromgarde - the idea is that as a human, you can display your origin by various heritage armor. You as a player decide from which kingdom do your character come from. I exclude Alterac for obvious reasons.

Dwarves
    - model variants: all dwarf races use the same base model. They are differenciated by various skins and customization features
    - variations: Regular Dwarf (Bronzebeards, Wildhammer) with regular skins, hairstyles and Elemental Dwarf (Dark Iron, Frostborne, Eathern) - based on current Dark Irons (more skin colors which changes the glow of the beards - black skins + fiery beards, blue skins + frosty beards, etc.)
    - heritage armors: Bronzbeard, Wildhammer, Dark Iron, Frostborne, Earthern

Gnomes
    - all gnome models use same base model, you differentiate your character by a number of mechanical parts or degree of radiation you've been exposed to.
    - Heritages: Gnomeregan, Mechagon, Junker Gnome, Leper Gnome

Night elves
    - Model variants: regular kaldorei, highborne (the nightborne pose)
    - Heritages: Long Vigil Kaldorei, Highborne Kaldorei

Draenei
    - Model variants: regular draenei, broken draenei
    - skin variants: regular draenei, lightforged draenei, eredar
    - heritages: pure draenei, ancient glorious eredar, lightforged, broken draenei, fel corrupted eredar

Worgen
    - Model variants for wogen form: upright and hunched
    - Model variants for human form: humans - bulky, regular or thin, night elves
    - heritages: Kaldorei, Gilnean, probably Lordaeron as well - the idea is that worgen are either former elf druids or cursed humans. Majority of human worgen are gilneans, but I guess some lordaeronian may be infected as well.

Void elves

- Model variants: regular elf, wretched
    - skin variations: Void-touched, High elf
    - heritages: High Elf, Ren'dorei

Horde

Orcs
    - model variants: Use upright and hunched models.
    - Skin variants: Fel corrupted, mag'har
    - Heritages: Frostwolf, Blackrock, Shadowmoon, Bleeding Hollow, Laughing Skull, Warsong, Thunderlord

Trolls
    - Model variants: slender (current darkspear) and berserker (current zandalari) - in this way, you can either be slender zandalari or muscular darkspear berserker
    - Heritages: Darkspear, Zandalari, Sandfury, Revantusk, Drakkari

Tauren
    - base models same for all tauren, differentiated by their faces/horn styles
    - skin variants: regular tauren, Taunka, highmountain
    - heritages: Bloodhoof, Grimtotem, Taunka, Highmountain

Goblin
    - model variants: regular goblin, fat goblin
    - skin variants: regular goblin, gilgoblin
    - heritages: Bilgewater, Steamwheedle, Unshackled

Forsaken
    - model variants: upright, hunched
    - skin variants: various form of decays
    - heritages: Forsaken, Lordaeron, Dalaran, Stromgarde, Alterac

Blood elf
    - Model variants: regular elf, wretched
    - Skin variants: regular pure elf, fel-scarred elf, lightforged elf, san'layn
    - Heritages: Silvermoon, High elf, Fel Elf, Sunwell, Darkfallen

Nightborne
    - model variants: regular nightborne, feral nightborne (use regular night elf pose)
    - skin variants: Nightborne, Nightfallen (different faces)
    - heritages: Nighthold (current heritage), Nightfallen, Duskwatch
    Last edited by Vaedan; 2020-09-23 at 10:15 AM.

- Vrykul from Kul Tiran

I play almost exclusively blood elf and I can say that from my point of view they should not be playable as blood elf, the undead is not our theme, it is forsaken theme.also I also see many players of the alliance anxious that the blood elves have those cannibal monsters to say that the alliance is awesome and the horde is garbage as in this topic
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...the-void-elves

The red underwear is something they are working on. At this point, the void elf customization options bring us closest to actual high elves because they are on the correct faction. They are just high elves that learned to harness the void.

- - - Updated - - -

I play almost exclusively blood elf and I can say that from my point of view they should not be playable as blood elf, the undead is not our theme, it is forsaken theme.also I also see many players of the alliance anxious that the blood elves have those cannibal monsters to say that the alliance is awesome and the horde is garbage as in this topic
    I think undead elves should be a forsaken option if they are ever introduced. A forsaken elf hunter would pretty much fulfill the fantasy of dark ranger. Plus, you would be able to control the decay. It would rule out undead elf demon hunters and pallies but that would not be a bad thing.

Well, you seem to be extremely salty towards the Alliance lately, I wonder why.

I disagree with your statement though. If you go to blood elf discussion thread, there are many requests for san'layn customization from blood elf players. I don't really understand why would Alliance players should care about customizations on Horde race. It does not affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The red underwear is something they are working on. At this point, the void elf customization options bring us closest to actual high elves because they are on the correct faction. They are just high elves that learned to harness the void.

- - - Updated - - -

I think undead elves should be a forsaken option if they are ever introduced. A forsaken elf hunter would pretty much fulfill the fantasy of dark ranger. Plus, you would be able to control the decay. It would rule out undead elf demon hunters and pallies but that would not be a bad thing.
    I think it's the best, the forsaken will have their most customization

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you seem to be extremely salty towards the Alliance lately, I wonder why.

I disagree with your statement though. If you go to blood elf discussion thread, there are many requests for san'layn customization from blood elf players. I don't really understand why would Alliance players should care about customizations on Horde race. It does not affect them.
    It bothers me that someone says that blood elves accept cannibal monsters in their society, that's obvious.

ravenmoon asks why he made a fake news thread about blood elves accepting cannibals when his clear intention is to say "the alliance is great! the horde is trash!"

As a horde player I express my opinion that I do not want cannibal monsters as part of the quelthalas society, you can join the forsaken

Blood Elves, at their most interesting point, were pragmatic enough to make use of almost any tool and power at their fingertips. Having them make use of the San'layn as potent weapons against their enemies and to conduct research into finding a way to purge the corruption from the Dead Scar would make sense.

They've already grown closer to the Horde and have actively worked alongside the Forsaken on numerous occasions. It wouldn't really be as much as a stretch for them to reach out to the San'layn, especially since the San'layn consist of their own people.

Alternatively, just throw them into the Alliance since that seems to be where we have to go these days to get something close to what Blood Elves used to be.

I think it's the best, the forsaken will have their most customization

- - - Updated - - -

It bothers me that someone says that blood elves accept cannibal monsters in their society, that's obvious.

ravenmoon asks why he made a fake news thread about blood elves accepting cannibals when his clear intention is to say "the alliance is great! the horde is trash!"

As a horde player I express my opinion that I do not want cannibal monsters as part of the quelthalas society, you can join the forsaken
    Well, Dark Rangers were never cannibalistic and as far as I know, San'layn were not really either, in the traditional sense. Sure, they were all into blood sucking, but regarding Undead, they were always that most sophisticated and gracious group.

They probably could implement them as Forsaken customizations and I personally would accept it just fine, but I guess it is way more complicated then just giving blood elves undead skin tones plus red eyes. We all know that Blizzard usually goes the route of least effort, so I don't expect that really. Again, it is popular request from blood elf fans, not from Forsaken fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Blood Elves, at their most interesting point, were pragmatic enough to make use of almost any tool and power at their fingertips. Having them make use of the San'layn as potent weapons against their enemies and to conduct research into finding a way to purge the corruption from the Dead Scar would make sense.

They've already grown closer to the Horde and have actively worked alongside the Forsaken on numerous occasions. It wouldn't really be as much as a stretch for them to reach out to the San'layn, especially since the San'layn consist of their own people.

Alternatively, just throw them into the Alliance since that seems to be where we have to go these days to get something close to what Blood Elves used to be.
    development of the story the blood elves did desperate things in desperate times to save themselves from extinction, worse at the end of TBC their problems are solved

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Dark Rangers were never cannibalistic and as far as I know, San'layn were not really either, in the traditional sense. Sure, they were all into blood sucking, but regarding Undead, they were always that most sophisticated and gracious group.

They probably could implement them as Forsaken customizations and I personally would accept it just fine, but I guess it is way more complicated then just giving blood elves undead skin tones plus red eyes. We all know that Blizzard usually goes the route of least effort, so I don't expect that really. Again, it is popular request from blood elf fans, not from Forsaken fans.
    when you kill other people and feed on them (like blood) that's cannibalism

- - - Updated - - -

Blood elf
    wretched
    wretched? You know they are cannibalistic monsters without conscience that kill anyone to feed on their mana right? And that part of the theme of the blood elves in TBC was not to become one of them, and being a wretched is something that could happen to any thalassian elf. although now with the sunwell it is something difficult to happen

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm sorry, I know it's your idea and all but "all classes" seems like such a lore murder. Especially for Night Elves to me because they're my favourite race. You say all classes except mage, which I agree, but what about warlock? That's arguably way worse. I'd argue for Paladin and Shaman aswell.
    well yes of course; I meant "all available/playable classes" of course by default no Warlocks and Shamans, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

although now with the sunwell it is something difficult to happen
    if I'm not mistaken the Quel'lithien High Elves became Wretched in Cata, which was like 3 years in lore time after the Sunwell was restored
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

well yes of course; I meant "all available/playable classes" of course by default no Warlocks and Shamans, etc...
    Oooh then your idea suddenly became a thousand times better in my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

if I'm not mistaken the Quel'lithien High Elves became Wretched in Cata, which was like 3 years in lore time after the Sunwell was restored
    because they began to absorb mana from a corrupted source

3+ Year Old Account
    because they began to absorb mana from a corrupted source
    come to think of it I think that that corrupted crystal didn't happen to be just there; with all the Horde raids I'd think either Nathanos or some Forsaken planted it to finish them off at once and for all

come to think of it I think that that corrupted crystal didn't happen to be just there; with all the Horde raids I'd think either Nathanos or some Forsaken planted it to finish them off at once and for all
    in the quest it says that hawkspear found it, maybe they found some artifact from the cult of the damned.

The Dark Ranger and/or the San'layn are undead elves, they have always been affiliated with the Forsaken, not the Blood Elves ...
    It's unnatural to have undead customization for a "living race", except for the DK class of course.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_ranger

I don't see how Blizzard could put this kind of customization? Especially since the Dark Ranger night elf NPCs are there too, and they're much better done !

This is a lost cause for Blood Elf players, they better focus on the Sin'dorei aesthetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    After playing with Forsaken on the PTR... if they ever get an upright option, I'll actually make one. I was able to make a Forsaken female priest I actually liked the look of... it was only her hunched over posture that ruined the look. Otherwise she looked pretty darn cool.
    Being able to express your character the way you want is one of the best things RPGs can allow you to do, with the increased customizations and the statement that customization is always on going and there isn't an end - it will happen with time.

I think one of the biggest take-aways Blizzard learned from increased customizations is that there's a much much much larger sect of players that love the fact they can be more creative with how their race looks compared to someone playing the same exact race as them.

As obvious as that should sound, it just shows that having 'uniquely restricted samey looks' is a thing of a bygone era. You can still be unique in so many ways despite having the same hair color as another in real life.

Same thing should apply in RPGs imo, and the audience overwhelmingly approving the additional customizations proves that to Blizzard.