Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dark Iron/Zandalari(+other allied race) racial armor shouldn't require 1-110 achiev?

Since those races will be released after bfa launch when people will have tons of other stuff to do, do you think it's bit of an overkill to have to level two to four more races for their tmog?

Many people I believe would rather race-change and unlock racial armor thru quest or scenario, maybe something similar to mage tower to show pride and accomplishment?

and their starting level also looks like a bait to buy level up boost and faction/race change
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2018-03-26 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Yes it should be required. It's called "keeping you subscribed".

You are either smart enough to stop or you'll just continue down the road. Your call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they'll be releasing with BfA so I'm pretty sure it'll be 120 that we have to hit before we get their heritage armour but since we're not getting access to them right at the start of the expansion and apparently have to do a quest line to unlock them, Blizzard really should let characters created from those races start at 110 or something to offset their delayed access.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    It is what it is, you don't want to earn it then you don't have to...

Honestly i agree with you, OP.

Heritage armor should be a pride object to wear for each new allied race characters like tabards are today, not a reward for the leveling effort, and i would love that they removed the leveling from 20-110 from the heritage armor requirements, considering that they already have the exalted with faction and quest chain requirements, and considering that these allied races are living events of the past of Azeroth that occured before they joined their new faction or even existed, like what happened with void elves. Nightborne were inside their bubble, lightforged draenei were in another planet and highmountain tauren were living peacefully in their mountain before the events of legion, so the leveling process doesn't make much sense for these 4 races.

But as so many people had that trouble to level these first four races till 110, i doubt at least for these 4 allied races this requirement will be lifted anytime soon.

Hope for the new incoming allied races that this isn't obligatory anymore for their heritage armors. Maybe Blizzard will change this together with a better format of unlocking Allied Races at the launch of BfA.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-26 at 03:57 PM.

Leveling is not hard, but it sure is a pain in the ass to do from 20-110. 2 days /played is a long time, especially if you have limited play time, to get a transmog.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you want the armour put in the work for it you arnt owed any thing.

I would've liked to see the Allied Races (current and future assuming they stop at ~12 by the end of BFA) be available baseline for everyone who purchased the BFA expansion, and the current unlock requirements put in place to get the Heritage Armor. Having to level a separate character for each race's transmog seems a bit much. For example I want to race change my Blood Elf Mage to a Nightborne Mage, but I would have to level one from scratch to get the armor transmog. And then I also have a Human Mage.

I don't want a 3rd mage... I just want the transmog. So it's really just cluttering up my account with characters I don't even want.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I would've liked to see the Allied Races (current and future assuming they stop at ~12 by the end of BFA) be available baseline for everyone who purchased the BFA expansion, and the current unlock requirements put in place to get the Heritage Armor. Having to level a separate character for each race's transmog seems a bit much. For example I want to race change my Blood Elf Mage to a Nightborne Mage, but I would have to level one from scratch to get the armor transmog. And then I also have a Human Mage.

I don't want a 3rd mage... I just want the transmog. So it's really just cluttering up my account with characters I don't even want.
    ^^ This

/10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I agree, they should be achievable through some other means. I don't really want to grind out another 110 character. I've got too many as it is. I want to cut down on max level alts in BfA.

Maybe something like completing a Mythic Island Adventure, a +10 keystone or killing the last boss of the first raid on Normal or higher with that Allied race (Regardless of if they were leveled from scratch) should reward it instead.

Or some kind of hunt for materials across Zandalar/Kul Tiras.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-03-26 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

I leveled my fifth mage as a void elf just for the mogs, and I don't even use it.

Deleted
    You be right, homie aiyyo old boy. This whole level from 20 is a bullshit veiled abomination. Scorch it and let it moan. What kind of warped sense of accomplishment one needs to have to feel their quest grind was some sort of fantastic adventure. To be perfectly honest they should at least start at levl 70 or 80. But then muh boost shekels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I like the idea of rewarding players for leveling through from 1 (20) to 120. I don't mind if people have to work for the racial armor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see it as a bad thing. Slightly annoying for sure, but it gives incentive for people to actually populate the leveling zones so that aspect of the game isn't as mind-numblingly dull.

Also, is the heritage armor transmoggable for characters you payed to race change if you already unlocked it? I would personally level a Zandalari druid so I could use the armor for my already leveled warrior or potential(?) paladin if that were the case!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could just lump in all other allied races with that argument. It's a feat of strength, so go earn it.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

it wont be 1-110
    it will clearly be level from 20-120.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want the Heritage Armor, you should do what Blizzard deemed is necessary to get the armor.

It's something Blizzard forgot over the years: If you want something, you have to earn it. You aren't entitled to anything you don't work for.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

They already put xmog pieces behind a paywall. I don't think that went well, since they haven't done anymore. If you want the xmog, play the game and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yat-Yas View Post
    I don't see it as a bad thing. Slightly annoying for sure, but it gives incentive for people to actually populate the leveling zones so that aspect of the game isn't as mind-numblingly dull.

Also, is the heritage armor transmoggable for characters you payed to race change if you already unlocked it? I would personally level a Zandalari druid so I could use the armor for my already leveled warrior or potential(?) paladin if that were the case!
    Yes, it is. You just have to level that race to unlock it. Then all your characters who race changed into the race can freely use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm this cause I've done it with the void elf mog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.