Deleted

Need help with choosing gaming laptop.

Hey guys,

I've been looking for gaming laptop for past two months, and I think I will need some help with making decision. Why laptop, when I could get better setup for same price? Currently I do not have required space for regular pc in my flat, nor need for one + recently I've been playing a lot with my best friend in his flat, so mobility is #1 for me.

My budget is approximately 1200 Euro (5000zł), but spending additional 300 Euro (+1200zł) wouldn't hurt me much, however I'd really like to keep it under 1200 Euro to get some proper mouse (propositions of wired mouse would be nice - my pick would be Razer Deathadder, had it before and was great).

What I'm looking for:

1. I7-7700HQ 2,8GHz (would be best, but I5 is okayish).
    2. 16GB ram (mandatory, as this laptop will sometimes serve me as my work PC and I'm handling enormously huge excel files - 1.5kk positions).
    3. Either 1050Ti 4GB or 1060Ti 6GB
    4. 512SSD or 256SSD + 1TB HDD (I could just go with 256 SSD as I'm keeping all my data on cloud and have 2-3 games installed at max, but I'd prefer going with 512SSD)
    5. 15'-16' is mandatory. Anything above is too much for me. Additionally in one laptop I found 120MHz screen, which looked gorgeous (HP Omen) - this is not mandatory, but a huge + for me.
    6. Simple build - I hate those space-ship looking like laptops.

To sum this up - I'd like a laptop that can handle WoW/Rust on highest possible details, without any hiccup. As for AAA+ titles, I'm looking for 7/10 graphic quality but with stable 50-60FPS (not sure if that's possible within my budget, but would be nice).

Here are my two picks, but I'd really appreciate any other laptop suggestion that fits my description. I'd love to hear experience on any machine you (or I) recommend, but that's not necessary.

1. HP Omen 15 2017
    I7-7700HQ 2,8GHz/1050Ti 4GB/16GB 2400MHz/256SSD + 1TB/120MHz IPS display - 1190 Euro (4999 zł).

I've spent two days with same model but different specs (I5-7300HQ/1050 4GB/8GB 2133MHz/regular screen) and being honest, I really liked it. Games were running smooth even fully loaded, heating system is great (approximately 65 degrees which was really nice, did not expect that tbh). However the one I was testing was nearly brand new (2-3 months) and I'm worried about how it'll handle constant moving and being in a backpack all the time (I really take care of my electronics though, my 1.5 year old MBP looks like brand new). Overall, solid 7/10. I think that upgraded version I'm looking for + 120MHz IPS screen would definitely bring it to 9,5/10.

2. Dell Inspiron 7577 15'
    I7-7700HQ 2,8GHz/1060 6GB/16GB 2400MHz/256SSD + 1TB/IPS screen - 1190 Euro (4999 zł).

This one is recommended by my geek friend - he has one, but with better specs and he's really into it. Build quality is solid, but again - I'm worried about moving it to different places on daily basis. Heating is far worse than HP Omen (75-80 degrees fully loaded, and fans are kind of noisy). Inspirion also comes with IPS screen, but not 120MHz, which is a minor minus for me. Overall I like the looks, however trackpad is a joke in this model, dell really messed up with that. After 2 hours with it, I'd rate it at 9/10 (minuses for heating and regular IPS screen).

That's it - let me know if you have any questions on this.

Cheers!

Asus i7 Gaming machines are best with good climate control (temp)

- - - Updated - - -

FOR Hell's sake never go for HP, they are cheap plastic with too much temprature unleashed

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get a laptop. They're overpriced and don't last as long.