Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hardest is outlaw. My rogue is about 940 and cant even force Agatha to teleport once. Before dying.
    MAke sure you kick her as soon as her shields down to interupt cast. I didn't realise this on my first few attempts (should have found a better guide).

Make a macro to target Umbral Imps. In the end phases when you want to DPS her and they're shielding her then you'll want to find them quickly.

Aside from that, just take your time. Prioritise Imps and use Marked for death. Some people can use SND and Blade flurry but you need higher DPS output for that.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    so lets say i have a 960 druid and paladin, no healing legendaries, and never healed a thing in my life.

is it worth spending some time on the healing challenges on those chars or should i just not even bother?

Hardest is outlaw. My rogue is about 940 and cant even force Agatha to teleport once. Before dying.
    Hopefully the command centre should be up tommorrow which is a great help but if it isnt then

I did Outlaw rogue a few weeks ago

1. Leave up Blade furry - If your gear is good the energy penalty should be really neglible
    2. Slice and Dice is prolly the best cause Roll the bones is too RNG heavy
    3. Use Lightblood and Spiced Falcosaur omelet as well as your 1300 agi flask they all stack together nicely. Also that bandage you get from the cache in Argus works too and that is SO OP for this with the DPS but more important the heal but its unlikely army of the light will WQ tommorow.
    4. Kill order for me is kill the smoldering adds first cause they can really start to hurt you after a while then kill the healing adds then umbrals.
    5. Make sure to Kick her should when she no longer has that purple shield around her.
    6. Dodge the rocks - This is what kept killing me the utter bad luck of it spawning right under me or me not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    so lets say i have a 960 druid and paladin, no healing legendaries, and never healed a thing in my life.

is it worth spending some time on the healing challenges on those chars or should i just not even bother?
    With that gear level it shouldn't be too hard.

Really the big things that can mess you up is the mana stings, the mages blast (just interrupt them once at minimum 3 stacks), and not keeping your health low enough on final boss.

But again, with that gear level it should be significantly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    They really just need to look up a guide. That doesn't even include the 10% stats from sylvan pot, as well as other junk.

Agatha was easily done naked when it first came out because you could stack Lightblood, but even now, look at recount, Lightblood will be over 10 mil damage.
    With all the cheese you can stack it is still pretty doable naked, 860 feral done.
    Blizz fixed the lightblood stack just before they left up the MT a few weeks ago so you can no longer stack up Lightblood and just wreck like you could.

You are right about the Sylvan pot i forgot to mention that and you are right there is a bijillion guides on how to complete this encounter.

at 30/36, not sure I care enough to finish those I have left.

Easiest for me was destro lock, feltotem in general was ez, but the cleave and self sustain I did it in 3 attempts, as my first mage tower skin.

Hardest? Either guardian druid or brewmaster. Both them were a bit lower on ilvl (~905), for the monk I just would eventually not be able to keep myself alive, took a good/lucky attempt were velen was generous on orbs that I got a kill (so many fucking attempts he threw orbs in the green pools of death) while druid I know I wasn't moving enough because stomp/infernals kept getting me. So many attempts I knew I had it when I got lazy and one of those 2 got me.

Overall I disliked the warrior ones, though that is probably because I hate warriors and found them boring. Some felt well done, others were a giant PITA if you didn't have the right legendaries. Healers and tanks challenge were the hardest by a good bit for me (though I have never really tanked and not healed in a few expansions), with half the dps being annoying half being a yawn. Of the 30 I finished quickest was destro at 3 attempts, longest was holy priest at 44. Overall I would like them to something similar in BFA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Out is a joke just reroll rtb until you get the leech one. Then use dreadblade and burst her down. As long as you kill umbra imps it's probably the second easiest Agatha challenge behind only feral druid. Did with 915 ilvl and assassin legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    My gear is not up to date though. Only around 880 I think.
    I took my priest from 885 to 922 in about 9 hours and then did a spec I had practically no legendaries for.
    It can be done.

Well, I don't think resto druid is going to happen. This is the most frustrating encounter. I've had to take more breaks on this one because each attempt requires 3x the time investment of the other challenges. It seems like I'm doing great then suddenly an NPC goes from 70%+ HP to the scenario ending with their death and no idea why or what I could've done to prevent it. I've only made it to the final stage three times so far. This last time not only did the boss hit me immediately so I couldn't drink (@ 30% mana), but he didn't lay any green stuff down so when Ignite hit I was at 100% HP and it wiped the party.

The only pros of this challenge are 1) no repair bills because I'm not the one dying and 2) I like that shifting into bear form is a viable strategy for some of the mechanics, makes me feel like an actual hybrid.

I just don't know what else to do at this point. The attempts are so inconsistent. I'll have one where P1 is a joke and I don't even have to use cooldowns followed by 5 where I bust out all the stops and it's not enough. Even though P2 is easy I wish it had been cut, it just feels like needlessly lengthening an already long encounter.

Any tips? I'm not using any healer addons (I haven't healed since Wrath), maybe that would help, I don't know. My druid's an NE, is it possible to Shadowmeld/skip an Ignite?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

It was the hardest version of Agatha that I have done. The other two I have done, Fire mage and Unholy, were waaay easier, with unholy being by far the easiest.

I would go as far as to say that Unholy is the easiest MT to do by a significant margin. I had never played the spec before, used no consumables, no command center, 914 item level, failed to kill almost all the AoE imps, and still finished it with 100% HP never getting close to dying on the first attempt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Holy Priest. I found this the hardest among all the healer challenges, especially in the ghost phase before the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, I don't think resto druid is going to happen. This is the most frustrating encounter. I've had to take more breaks on this one because each attempt requires 3x the time investment of the other challenges. It seems like I'm doing great then suddenly an NPC goes from 70%+ HP to the scenario ending with their death and no idea why or what I could've done to prevent it. I've only made it to the final stage three times so far. This last time not only did the boss hit me immediately so I couldn't drink (@ 30% mana), but he didn't lay any green stuff down so when Ignite hit I was at 100% HP and it wiped the party.

The only pros of this challenge are 1) no repair bills because I'm not the one dying and 2) I like that shifting into bear form is a viable strategy for some of the mechanics, makes me feel like an actual hybrid.

I just don't know what else to do at this point. The attempts are so inconsistent. I'll have one where P1 is a joke and I don't even have to use cooldowns followed by 5 where I bust out all the stops and it's not enough. Even though P2 is easy I wish it had been cut, it just feels like needlessly lengthening an already long encounter.

Any tips? I'm not using any healer addons (I haven't healed since Wrath), maybe that would help, I don't know. My druid's an NE, is it possible to Shadowmeld/skip an Ignite?
    I've done 3 healer's and never seen an Ignite miss... perhaps it was shadowmeld? The last phase has always run like clockwork for me, with wipes only occuring because I dipped to low.

For the Druid, I actually used Mighty bash instead of typhoon. CD is longer, but it's easy to regulate your own DPS so as to not start a next wave before it's off CD. Having done the Holy Paladin previously, it was very similar.

IIRC, transitioning into the 4th wave (double solider) I made sure everyone had double Rejuv, LB on Jared then WG. Once all HOT's were out, popped flourish and Artifact while I dealt with the Double fixate (after stunning the Mage).

Last wave, popped Incarnation for stronger rejuv's and instant RG. Pretty sure I even ate a Mana sting in Bearform then used Innervate on myself to keep spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Holy Priest. I found this the hardest among all the healer challenges, especially in the ghost phase before the boss.
    Preach brother, preach.
    #sorrynotsorryforthewordplay

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    My gear is not up to date though. Only around 880 I think.
    Do a full LFR and snag everything you can. Dont be afraid to beg. you might get lucky. I went in to an lfr on my 890 rogue and came out (after all 4 wings) at 915 ish with a 4 set and my second lego. RNGsus was good to me that day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    30/36

Only priest and monk to go.

Early on I said Sigryn was one of the easiest... well I finally did Arcane Mage. She was SUBSTANTIALLY harder on a caster than with a melee imo.
    And here I struggled mightily on Sigryn with my ret (overgeared, no overcharge) and enhancer (overcharge), while waltzing in and 1-shotting her with my arcane mage (undergeared, no overcharge). Suppose it all comes down to what you're more comfy with?

Personally my hardest mage towers were the ones I did first. Learning the encounter properly, back then when I often wasn't reasonably equipped for it, was a mighty struggle. Out of all those, prot pal was the one I hated the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot paladin

For me the hardest was or were the Vengeance DH and Brewmaster Monk. They both took more than 200+ tries each to finally succeed in the end. It was such a happy moment for me when I finally did kill Kruul =P.

Sounds like the mage is killing you.

Just make sure to typhoon him after he has casted AB 3-4 times so his stack resets, other wise it gets crazy and they get to the point where they do drastic damage.

Also keep moonfire/sunfire up to help speed things up if you can.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-07-16 at 04:53 PM.

I had a little issue with resto druid as well. I found this guide very helpful as he did go into some detail about how he did the phases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6nm...=RidmarkGaming

After that it was just a couple of runs to get into the rhythm of it and I got it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    And here I struggled mightily on Sigryn with my ret (overgeared, no overcharge) and enhancer (overcharge), while waltzing in and 1-shotting her with my arcane mage (undergeared, no overcharge). Suppose it all comes down to what you're more comfy with?

Personally my hardest mage towers were the ones I did first. Learning the encounter properly, back then when I often wasn't reasonably equipped for it, was a mighty struggle. Out of all those, prot pal was the one I hated the most.
    True on both counts.

I still find Kruul to be one of the harder ones because there's so much to keep track of. The healing one started out being a hard one because it's a long one and takes a while to see all the phases, but now that I'm doing my last healer (mistweaver) I always 1 shot everything until the last boss.

Kruul infernals and stuff still hard to keep track of for me.