Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    As the title states, I fully believe they made the leveling system in 7.3.5 overtuned (longer/slower) to entice players to buy 110 boosts.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they needed to fix some leveling/dungeons issues with it being too easy but even with heirlooms, leveling is just dreadful now in my eyes.

I've made a few new allied toons and just going from 20-30 seems like forever. And now with BfA coming in a few months, there's 10 more levels on top of that.

No thanks.
    Personally, I only buy level boost with gold nowadays. I tried to level my rogue with the "new leveling experience" but almost all of the time I skipped it entirely and just jumped to a new character to level up. I bought character boost for a mage, a warrior, a paladin and a druid. Yes, they did to get moar money. Everyone saying they did it for funsies is just a fanboy of vanilla (or more likely TBC) leveling. PS. While I bought a leveling boost for these 4, my rogue is still level 59.... I honestly dont think I will continue.

10+ Year Old Account
    no they did because leveling was not funny at all...it was dull
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The boost has ALWAYS been a shortcut for money, ALWAYS. Doesn't matter how the leveling experience is, someone will buy it.
    Before pre-7.3.5 I bought 0 character boosts. Now I bought 4. (1 for my mage, 1 for my warrior, 1 for my paladin and 1 for my druid) Yes, it's a cash grab. (Keep in mind that pre-7.3.5 I leveled up about 11 characters (I play in 2 servers).

I agree, leveled Hunter recently - after the patch. And fuck me if I ever decide to roll another alt... the pain...

7+ Year Old Account
    As the title states, I fully believe they made the leveling system in 7.3.5 overtuned (longer/slower) to entice players to buy 110 boosts.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they needed to fix some leveling/dungeons issues with it being too easy but even with heirlooms, leveling is just dreadful now in my eyes.

I've made a few new allied toons and just going from 20-30 seems like forever. And now with BfA coming in a few months, there's 10 more levels on top of that.

No thanks.
    "Makes leveling longer to intice boosting"
    "Makes new allied races heritage armor not obtained throguh boosting"
    soo umm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinelakias View Post
    Before pre-7.3.5 I bought 0 character boosts. Now I bought 4. (1 for my mage, 1 for my warrior, 1 for my paladin and 1 for my druid) Yes, it's a cash grab. (Keep in mind that pre-7.3.5 I leveled up about 11 characters (I play in 2 servers).
    before 7.3.5 i bought 4
    after the boost i have bought 0
    no its not a cash grab
    nice anecdotal evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Doesn't prove nothing.

I have 12 110 and never bought a boost.

Levelled all of them between Vanilla and Legion.

Plus 2 allied post 7.3.5

I leveled twice with the new system. The first time I leveled I did so without heirlooms (doing an event called project 80, which forbid the use of heirlooms) and once with heirlooms, as I wanted to actually make a main on US servers, something I previously didn't have.

I was lucky to get 10 levels a day past 1-20 even with heirlooms equipped. someone would quite literally need to spend at least 4-5 days to reach the magical number of 72, at which point, a broken oversight allows anyone to boost THEMSELVES to level 84 by soloing Karazhan trash. (currently the fastest way outwith a paid boost to level)

Given the toxic environment of random groups especially given this update with many believing they are still impervious, the leveling process is even slower for dps. These speeds (4-5 days) would only be possible whilst competently Tanking or Healing, and even then, the process is made miserably slower by absent or incompetent members of the group. (when kicks have been exhausted, and people actually slack more because of zero risk) (Tanks can be kicked for failure of healers, ninja pulls gaining the 30 minute debuff)

It will take you a week with the new system, playing as a tank, with heirlooms (15k gold), playing every day to reach 100, and that's playing for a solid week (wake up, wow, eat, sleep.) whereas previously, it was more than possible to hit 75 in a day.

Although I grew more attached to my character due to the leveling speeds. there are oversights which are beneficial to Blizzard, intentional or not. the game hasn't become more difficult as a result of the new system, just less of a pushover. It has certainly become more time consuming. as a consequence, the boost IS more enticing than ever.

Blizzard IS therefore undoubtedly gaining from these changes - those that wish to skip ARE paying for that skip far more often. New and existing players DO face a monotonous grind which many will not have the will or time to bypass. This process ISN'T fun. I strongly believe many will come to a point where they would pay for the boost or leave the game entirely.

One of my two characters is called VeryCoolGuy on Dalaran.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...an/verycoolguy
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-03-14 at 11:09 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    This post make no sense, also " Sherlock " doesn't help to prove your point rather than show off your attitude.

But since you are eager to push your vent...

Show me proof that pre 7.3.5 all classes 1 shitted mob while livelling 1-110, 1 spell = 1 kill.

I recall oneshotting for the first 20 level.

Oh look

https://youtu.be/JgTl1hge4qw

No oneshotting ore 7.3.5
    dont just... fdont ever use AZ for anything... cause holy fucking shit he is just... so bad...
    he quit the game, noticed he lost of his viewers so he can back
    also he legit made a video crying about the new infernal model saying the old one was better...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizz should start making two kinds of servers:
    • One where all rewards come free and easy: mobs die fast, bis loot is always first thing to drop, exalted rep is obtained by shaking hands with first NPC you meet, and newest mounts line up in capital cities for you to test drive.
    • One where everything is challenging, takes time, and could result in failure if you don't pay attention.

Then everyone could choose and be happy. Transfers from challenging to faceroll any time, but no transfers from easy to harder.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dont just... fdont ever use AZ for anything... cause holy fucking shit he is just... so bad...
    he quit the game, noticed he lost of his viewers so he can back
    also he legit made a video crying about the new infernal model saying the old one was better...
    Yes sorry but need a WMD type proof to counter.

Honestly, I had no problem when leveling my Nightborne, at 58 i went to Northrend got to 80 in 2 zones then i went to Pandria, and got to 90 again by the time i did 2 zones, The only issue I had was during WOD some of the mobs had way to much hp

Yeah, how dare they try to make more money of their work.

UNACCEPTABLE

10+ Year Old Account
    Before 7.3.5 I bought no boosts, after 7.3.5 I bought no boosts, and will not. Before 7.3.5, I leveled 1-2 character to 110 pr. week, mostly due to laziness and that it is so easy that it hardly takes any time nor loss. The items gained during the leveling gets sold or auctioned, and I end up with a profit and a character that I might end up deleting anyways. After 7.3.5, I am more considered about characters and not to delete them just because they are in the way.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The problem I see is that slower is not harder. It is now still piss easy but much longer and tiresome. They should have made mobs do more damage and given them some abilities that require awareness....

Deleted
    Could be, I would certainly buy some boosts if I didnt already have every character at max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The problem I see is that slower is not harder. It is now still piss easy but much longer and tiresome. They should have made mobs do more damage and given them some abilities that require awareness....
    And the same people that atm are crying because it is slow would have gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    And the same people that atm are crying because it is slow would have gone mad.
    And that mean more boost sell!

10+ Year Old Account

No thanks.
    But special transmog for allied races is not available with boost. Why would they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I enjoy challenging world content. If it was up to me, we would have to be careful anytime we ventured out of safe zones into the wilderness. Then again, I enjoyed Suramar when it first came out. Do your remember all the complaints about that?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You'd be blind not to see that. It surprises me that Blizzard can even cash in on these boosts, if I were them I'd go even further.