Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Did anything changed when you turned 30?

People calling you old but I don't think anything for me when I turned 30 yesterday, people just think I am old now. Do you think anything changes when you turn 30?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    People calling you old but I don't think anything for me when I turned 30 yesterday, people just think I am old now. Do you think anything changes when you turn 30?
    Hopefully you will stop posting dumb one sentence questions in multiple posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Not being able to eat the things you enjoy without gaining a belly is a big one.

Not really, at least with my brothers. You're still in good physical and mental shape for the most part. A lot of professional athletes are in their thirties so meh.

Deleted
    i gained accues to some minor powers. but i'm waiting til my forties til i go all out.

Yes, people suddendly started asking me if I felt different now.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by tollthorp View Post
    Hopefully you will stop posting dumb one sentence questions in multiple posts.
    You seem awfully butthurt in your posts. Salty about your main account being banned I bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been called old 2-3 times tbh, and that was only after I told them my age as they thought I was 25+ still. I'd look even younger if I lost the fat gut.

I'm 38+ and nothing has really changed for me outside of a number getting higher and me getting a bit wiser and more childish (which has always been a thing for me over the years).

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    Yeah. Not being able to eat the things you enjoy without gaining a belly is a big one.
    I agree with this, womp womp.

this. the beer starts making double time once you hit your 30's. hangovers too. no more drinking 18 beers on a friday then getting up and doing it again...you'll pay for it.

other than that, things start aching, then it'll go away, then it'll come back, etc...

your head may start hurting more too when you start looking at the world through a responsible adult's eyes. all that bullshit we spew in our 20s about peace and love, lol what a douche i was.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have been a nice boy or girl I hear you get a letter from hogwarts.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    ya instead of writing Age:29 u have to write 30 now its a big change if u ask me

I don't feel old, but aged, like I'm no longer fresh. All the way to 29 I felt green. Now I have more confidence or at least less fear of failure. Like some arbitrary hindrance has been lifted, allowing me to carry myself better.

As for celebrating myself, I held a party when I turned 30, but when I turned 31 I no longer cared to celebrate it in any way. In my 20's I always wanted to.

I seem to get less matches in Tinder, though that could just as well be a general trend in the app.

I still enjoy drinking, but in lesser amounts, less frequently, and have a better grip on it when I do. It's not even conscious self-management, I suppose I just feel like less is fine now. Or more like less along with higher quality, I do drink better stuff than I used to.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I became more mature and physically stronger, better shape. 30 - 40 was the best shape I have been in my life.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I can't even enjoy the spicy foods I loved without it running down south quick now.

Well, I stopped having two knees. Now I have the good one and the bad one. Aside from that nothing changed, really. I'll start worrying when they'll stop asking me for an ID when I buy liquors.
    Last edited by Coolthulhu; 2018-07-05 at 12:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Well, I stopped having to knees. Now I have the good one and the bad one. Aside from that nothing changed, really. I'll start worrying when they'll stop asking me for an ID when I buy liquors.
    Walmart still asks me and I am considerably older than 30. lol! It is policy for some stores to automatically have the cashier ask for a ID. It is dumb, but have to do it.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the hair loss was to be expected but I'm almost 40 and I still have the same metabolism I've always had. You know how awesome it is to be able to eat/drink anything and not gain any weight?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Obviously not exactly as you turn 30 as that would be weird. I am 34 now though and as someone else said, my metabolism has slowed down and I actually have to make a significant effort to stay in shape. Recovering from hangovers has gotten harder and harder over the years also. Mentally I don't feel any different though to when I left school. I still spend my free time playing games and having fun.

Deleted
    I only notice a real difference at 30 between people that do- and people that do not have kids.

Those that do are often tired, worn out and looking older than those that don't have them.