Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suluhu View Post
    We tried season one 1 a few years ago but it was so teenagey that we quit after 2 episodes.
    We ran out of stuff to watch a while back so gave it another go. Season 1 ended up entertaining enough. Season 2 was actually pretty cool, really enjoyed that.

We are now a few episodes into season 3 and it is getting so vague now. Does it get better? Is it worth trying to get through this part?
    Season 2 remains the high point thus far, but 3+4 are alright for what they are. I did enjoy 4 more than three though. Hard to say if it is "worth it" we are talking about a cheesy sci-fi series here after all. It is never going to win any awards for writing or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suluhu View Post
    We are now a few episodes into season 3 and it is getting so vague now. Does it get better? Is it worth trying to get through this part?
    Season one was distinctly myeh, season 2 set a real benchmark... After that, season 3 and 4 (and I wouldn't be surprised if season 5 fell into the same trap) have a habit of starting well, while they wrap up the previous cliffhanger, then dragging HARD during the middle 3rd, then picking up and finishing VERY well.

It can make them a bit of a chore to watch weekly, but it always leaves me wanting the next season, so I guess they're doing something right.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Is this the show where the kids are for some reason more qualified to run the shit than the grown ups?
    Hey why not? IRL the adults seem to keep failing pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Because it gets MUCH better after the first season. Season one was weak, that's true, but season 2 onwards is so much better, it's almost a different show.
    I don't think so. That universe depicts a reality in which teenagers not only think they are wiser than their parents but they actually are. It's a pre-teen, teen show with very childish and cheesy concepts.

Whoever wrote that show really doesnt understand how radiation works..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I don't think so. That universe depicts a reality in which teenagers not only think they are wiser than their parents but they actually are. It's a pre-teen, teen show with very childish and cheesy concepts.
    Welcome to the CW... And to be fair, both Adults and Teens make some stupid fucking decisions in this show (Clarke does something stupid pretty much every other episode, and Bellamy spends who seasons being a total fucking idiot). However, in a show which is primarily focused on the teenage cast, is it THAT surprising that the main cast tend to play the hero? TBH, I think it would be a FAR worse show if the main characters spent 75% of the season doing fuck all, waiting for the adults to come in a save them.

also: Found a nice article on the first four episodes of season 5. Sounds like we've got some good stuff coming: https://www.hypable.com/the-100-seas...view-spoilers/

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

This show is great to binge for sure! My only thought / concern is... do I wait till it hit's netflix so I don't have to deal with commercials, or...
    --
    Original Music, Gaming Community, and more than you probably ever wanted to know about me...
    Visit: http://www.sicnus.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicnus View Post
    This show is great to binge for sure! My only thought / concern is... do I wait till it hit's netflix so I don't have to deal with commercials, or...
    Do what I do! Record it as it airs and watch it later, so you can fast forward the adds.

6 more days until its release...can't wait to find out who are the new guys and their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Whoever wrote that show really doesnt understand how radiation works..
    Damn, here I was expecting a simple hazmat suit would keep me safe in the event of nuclear fallout. Apart from the huge, global radioactive pyroclastic clouds of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    6 more days until its release...can't wait to find out who are the new guys and their story.
    going by the season 4 finale I think it's a prison ship.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    More than a little curious about where the story goes this season.

Well I am glad I stuck with it. Just finished watching season 4. Gotta say it is a very entertaining show. It isn't a good show like Breaking Bad or GoT or anything, but it is entertaining enough.

I do like the fact that my opinions of people in the show keep changing all the time, while the characters kinda stay the same throughout.

I enjoyed the Season 5 premier. Though I have to say there wasn't anywhere near enough Raven in it.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I enjoyed the Season 5 premier. Though I have to say there wasn't anywhere near enough Raven in it.
    I also enjoyed the first episode, but after so many months I felt disappointed with what I saw this morning
    But my hopes for season 5 are high and I think I won't be disappointed at the end.

Does anyone have the write topic about this series? I can't find it and searching for "The 100" it appears tons of threads that are not connected with this.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

How's come Raven hasn't gotten a nickname yet? Clarke picked up the Wanheada name for bringing down mount weather and Octavia picked up the skyripper mantal for being a badass deadly warrior. But Raven brought down the damn and she builds all the shit that they use for most of this stuff. She's the brains of the entire operation but has not gotten a name from the grounders yet.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    How's come Raven hasn't gotten a nickname yet? Clarke picked up the Wanheada name for bringing down mount weather and Octavia picked up the skyripper mantal for being a badass deadly warrior. But Raven brought down the damn and she builds all the shit that they use for most of this stuff. She's the brains of the entire operation but has not gotten a name from the grounders yet.
    Raven doesn't really associate much with the Grounders. At least not enough to earn a nickname.

Not that the name "Raven" isn't a pretty badass name to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    I also enjoyed the first episode, but after so many months I felt disappointed with what I saw this morning
    But my hopes for season 5 are high and I think I won't be disappointed at the end.

Does anyone have the write topic about this series? I can't find it and searching for "The 100" it appears tons of threads that are not connected with this.
    In Advanced Search you can search in thread titles only and find it pretty easily.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2120997-The-100

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried this show but it made me vomit too much. The first episodes had too much tween bad acting, bad characters, bad music, and bad drama.

Would be nice if it gets better, but I don't know if I can survive the first season. I was hoping the kids would start dying so I could see more of the adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I tried this show but it made me vomit too much. The first episodes had too much tween bad acting, bad characters, bad music, and bad drama.

Would be nice if it gets better, but I don't know if I can survive the first season. I was hoping the kids would start dying so I could see more of the adults.
    Yeah that was my first reaction too. The second time we watched them was because we had nothing else left. We were just making a lot of jokes while watching the first few episodes, but then it did get more interesting. Still cheesy as shit, but a bit raw here and there as well.

Stick with it. It is not a great show, but it sure as hell is an entertaining show.