Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Blood elves have green eyes. That's what differentiates them from the high elves they descended from. (And all the history lore stuff tied to that)

It's a fairly easy distinction to make between them, and saying "blood elves are high elves" is like saying birds are dinosaurs, but when you're talking about dinosaurs (i.e high elves) you don't usually mean birds. High elves generally refers to the NON blood elf ones.

To that end they USED to be the same people; Blood elves departed from high elves. They even renamed themselves. EVERY SINGLE high elf we've EVER seen in World of Warcraft (you know, the blue eyed ones, not the "well technically..." ones you're needlessly quibbling about) is allied with the Alliance or some part thereof like the Silver Covenant faction of the Kirin Tor.

NONE of the Quel'dorei are hanging around Silvermoon city or chilling in Orgrimmar.

I understand that Blood elves are technically high elves (though the warcraft encyclopedia states that the blood elves no longer consider themselves "high elves" because they consider themselves... you know, BLOOD ELVES.)

I'm just saying that distinction doesn't matter at all. People were asking for the high elves that were allied with the alliance. The blue-eyed high elves that had been part of the alliance forces since warcraft 2.

To which I proferred that Blizzard had its reasons as to why high elves would never be playable. They look too similar to blood elves (yes I'm maintaining the distinction; it's pretty easy to understand, no reason to be dense about it) and it's been said that they aren't very numerous. However they obviously ascertained that alliance players wanted to play as High elves (the blue eyed ones, in case you still can't keep up) and so they created void elves to fill that gap; elves that would look different enough to be distinguishable from blood elves in a way that the High elves (blue eyed ones, just making sure you can keep track) could not.

It's not that hard to understand.
    Ahh, I see now! So it would mean black people aren't human! Or even Asian people aren't human, I mean only difference is eye shape or skin colour. Thank you for clarifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakbilen View Post
    Ahh, I see now! So it would mean black people aren't human! Or even Asian people aren't human, I mean only difference is eye shape or skin colour. Thank you for clarifying.
    Fail troll is fail.

More apt would be saying that Americans aren't British. Or Pakistanis aren't Indian. Or that some country no longer identifies itself as a part of another country that it split from.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They’ll just add a blue colour for the eye glow for them one day and that will be that, already getting a gold one.

5+ Year Old Account
    This load of bullcrap would had not been if Blizzard in the first place didn't placed a fucking asspull race instead of high elves with some new customisation options.

Really, i mean, if in the B4A features video there appeared a high elf instead of a void elf, nobody would have said nothing because they do not seem wrong in the alliance (don't be flat minds and imagine High elves with different looks instead of just blue eyes), but guess what? there were Void elves and because we have Void elves in the alliance now we have the same boring people saying we already have them by two, not considering people wanting to play alliance High elves (not myself, i prefer horde by all means) with lore to justify it, and there's this post that "anti high elves" just want to ignore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=High+elves where someone TAKES IT'S TIME to make some concept to make High elves enough different from Blood Elves, but hey, because Blood Elves are High elves you can now fucking go and play as one!!

Psst, there is a secret, do not tell anyone ok? Catch this: Blood Elves are High Elves, but not all High Elves are Blood Elves, keep this in secret because there's some people who would enter in coma if they hear that sentence.

Deleted
    Fail troll is fail.

More apt would be saying that Americans aren't British. Or Pakistanis aren't Indian. Or that some country no longer identifies itself as a part of another country that it split from.
    Noo, not really. You are going by a race thing. Human is a race, nationality is not a race. What you are saying is High elves are not blood elves and vice versa, you claim that blood elves are descendants from high elves because they have different eye colour? It's a distinction. The existing high elves rebranded their name to honour their fallen, and later on consumed fel to sate their addiction (the same high elves who are still alive to this day as blood elves), now you could argue if they kept using fel and adapted to it, then yeah they would descendedants from high elves. But the fact is they didn't, they got their sunwell up and running shortly after and stopped consuming fel. As a consequence their eyes changed to fel green like the orc's skin. That was around 11 years ago, at which point the fel eyes should've been purified with the stop of fel use in my opinion at least. Fel is not permanment. (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2721372142)

Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.

This doesn't mean their aren't high elves because a few elves choice to leave and not consume fel. It takes years to be a descendant. Just because Blood elves disgintushed themselves from high elves, doesn't mean they aren't high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakbilen View Post
    Noo, not really. You are going by a race thing. Human is a race, nationality is not a race. What you are saying is High elves are not blood elves and vice versa, you claim that blood elves are descendants from high elves because they have different eye colour? It's a distinction. The existing high elves rebranded their name to honour their fallen, and later on consumed fel to sate their addiction (the same high elves who are still alive to this day as blood elves), now you could argue if they kept using fel and adapted to it, then yeah they would descendedants from high elves. But the fact is they didn't, they got their sunwell up and running shortly after and stopped consuming fel. As a consequence their eyes changed to fel green like the orc's skin. That was around 11 years ago, at which point the fel eyes should've been purified with the stop of fel use in my opinion at least. Fel is not permanment. (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/2721372142)

Q: Why do blood elves still have green eyes?
    A: Corruption from fel energies takes a long time to wear off. It's why most orcs are still green even though Mannoroth is dead.

This doesn't mean their aren't high elves because a few elves choice to leave and not consume fel. It takes years to be a descendant. Just because Blood elves disgintushed themselves from high elves, doesn't mean they aren't high elves.
    They "aren't" high elves because they no longer consider themselves high elves. They consider themselves blood elves.

High elves still consider themselves Quel'dorei. Blood elves consider themselves Sin'dorei.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

They "aren't" high elves because they no longer consider themselves high elves. They consider themselves blood elves.

High elves still consider themselves Quel'dorei. Blood elves consider themselves Sin'dorei.
    So, that means they still look the same and are basically the same race?

From Wowpedia: "In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense"

"Following this, 90% of the surviving high elves changed their name to "blood elves" or sin'dorei (children of the blood in Thalassian) in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elven."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    They’ll just add a blue colour for the eye glow for them one day and that will be that, already getting a gold one.
    Is not a matter of eye colour (i would like blue eyes on horde btw) it is a matter on what faction they are (of course looks has to matter, Pandaren are an exception and not a rule, Alliance High Elves should look different in some way, and not in the Void Elf way...)

There will be people asking for Normal High Elves on the Alliance as long as we have High Elves NPC on the Alliance side hanging around in the game and lore.

The solution would be to kill off Vereesa and the remaining High Elves.
    I say send them to Teldrassil and have them burn to ashes, along with the dream of having the blue-eyed pest still infecting headcanoners' minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

1) Population Numbers: There's one High Elf for every nine Blood Elves in the world. If the numbers issue were a serious one, then Blood Elves shouldn't be playable, either. Neither should Darkspear Trolls, Pandaren (Basically a tiny number that come off the Wandering Isle), and most especially Void Elves, who are described by Blizzard as a "crack squad" and would number in the dozens, at most. There are at least a couple thousand High Elves, which is most definitely enough to make it a playable option. Particularly if it's introduced as an Allied Race, which means that they won't need a 1-10 starting zone, 10-20 companion zone, capital city, etc.
    So I actually went looking into high elf population numbers and we actually have a rough estimation of their population at the end of the third war.

"Surviving high elves comprise a mere 1% of the original high elven population, with the blood elves accounting for the remaining 9% of it.[2][7] Since Kael'thas took 15% of the blood elves to Outland[7] (i.e. 1.35% of the original high elf population), and since Kael'thas' army numbered at least 2,000[37] it follows that the total high elf population is currently at least 1,481"

A race who's numbers at it's peak consisted of less than 2000. If we account for the fact that most people don't want to be part of an active military or risk themselves in any way, I'd say we could narrow the number of silver covenant and "adventurer" high elves down even further from there to 500-700 if we're generous. with the estimation. Throw in multiple conflicts from vanilla to now and what you get is a race that can not support sustained military activity. They would need to pick and choose the battles they enter and only enter in a support capacity at best unless it's something personal to them because every loss is a loss they can't replenish with recruitment and every recruit they get potentially brings them one step closer to extinction.

I'm not against high elves, I just don't see the race as a whole wanting to be actively involved in any military conflicts until they've had a few generations to rebuild their population.

I think it's worth mentioning, since people keep bringing up culture, that Ion specifically mentioned that they had been assimilated into other cultures. They're not the shining bastions of traditional high elf society, they're immigrants to Stormwind etc. As for the Silver Covenant, their primary allegiance is to the Kirin Tor, not to the Alliance. Not only are they a very small group of blood elf duplicates, they answer first and foremost to a neutral faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    I'm not against high elves, I just don't see the race as a whole wanting to be actively involved in any military conflicts until they've had a few generations to rebuild their population.
    Which they aren't going to do because they are surrounded by humans everywhere they live. They don't have the numbers to lead a cloistered existence.

The more I think about this, the more I am convinced that if they aren't turned into Void Elves and if they aren't all slaughtered, they are going to be used as the source of a lot more Half Elves in the Alliance.

Even Elisande hinted at this,

Deleted
    Blood Elves aren't even slightly interesting anymore, almost their entire backstory is gone and they are now just regular Elves.

No more fel addiction, no more "leeching the light" onto their Paladins, nothing. Just regular Elves without anything interesting going on.

Blood elves have green eyes. That's what differentiates them from the high elves they descended from. (And all the history lore stuff tied to that)

It's a fairly easy distinction to make between them, and saying "blood elves are high elves" is like saying birds are dinosaurs, but when you're talking about dinosaurs (i.e high elves) you don't usually mean birds. High elves generally refers to the NON blood elf ones.

To that end they USED to be the same people; Blood elves departed from high elves. They even renamed themselves. EVERY SINGLE high elf we've EVER seen in World of Warcraft (you know, the blue eyed ones, not the "well technically..." ones you're needlessly quibbling about) is allied with the Alliance or some part thereof like the Silver Covenant faction of the Kirin Tor.

NONE of the Quel'dorei are hanging around Silvermoon city or chilling in Orgrimmar.

I understand that Blood elves are technically high elves (though the warcraft encyclopedia states that the blood elves no longer consider themselves "high elves" because they consider themselves... you know, BLOOD ELVES.)

I'm just saying that distinction doesn't matter at all. People were asking for the high elves that were allied with the alliance. The blue-eyed high elves that had been part of the alliance forces since warcraft 2.

To which I proferred that Blizzard had its reasons as to why high elves would never be playable. They look too similar to blood elves (yes I'm maintaining the distinction; it's pretty easy to understand, no reason to be dense about it) and it's been said that they aren't very numerous. However they obviously ascertained that alliance players wanted to play as High elves (the blue eyed ones, in case you still can't keep up) and so they created void elves to fill that gap; elves that would look different enough to be distinguishable from blood elves in a way that the High elves (blue eyed ones, just making sure you can keep track) could not.

It's not that hard to understand.
    My only gripe you said is, Blood Elves didn't "descend" from High Elves - descendant in Warcraft is implied in two ways, being born physically as a new generation like Humans were thanks to the Vrykul (do Howling Fjord's early quests) or they were mutated like Night Elves descended from Trolls. The High Elves didn't mutate to Blood Elves. They just got green eyes for being Fel addicts.

Bird and dinosaurs sentiment doesn't apply to Blood Elves. There wasn't any evolution between them to cause that. It simply was a changed name from being originally High Elves. Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider was a son of Quel'Thalas like other High Elves who age like Night Elves aka very long. That means in normal colloquialism, he was born in the High Elven kingdom of Quel'Thalas. The King of Silvermoon's reign lasted almost 3,000 years before Arthas as Lich King came along and killed him, wrecked shit and caused mass genocide.

To add more, you making a Blood Elf in-game isn't a new being entirely, they're not birthed after Blood Elves came to be and that's easy to see, you've effectively just playing a person that already exists from being part of the High Elven community before they named changed and remained part of that community to be renamed Blood Elves. It even says along that line when explaining with the narrator.

Going from what you said, and extend it High Elves and Blood Elves have the same cultural basis. They had royalty before and still stuck to it as Blood Elves, que the bloodline of Sunstrider both before Blood Elves and during it. Lor'themar isn't King and instead Ranger Lord because "In the Shadow of the Sun" novel, he claimed that kind of lineage deserves to keep the associated title of kingship and he is not in anyway fit to pretend he is royalty, because by blood and austerity he isn't.

Blood Elven story of addiction is exactly like Suramar and Nightborne hence why Silgyrn and Thrylssra sided with Liadrin and Lor'themar to become Horde friendly and not Tyrande as Tyrande was really unsympathetic, she didn't suffer or be dependant on a Sunwell or Nightwell. You have Withered Nightborne and Wretched Blood Elves. The wretched are all over the starting zones.

Lastly, you can't categorically say there's no one hanging around Quel'thalas when for 15 years, there has been a invisible wall protected area next to Stratholme that is basically part of the High Elven kingdom. For all we know Blizzard could introduce and bam. Anything goes. The reason I mostly say is, do you remember Gilneas before Cataclysm? Just a bit arse gate and emptiness behind to now be that Worgen area.
    In a way want the Void Elves to go there, I know it's so lame but I think it would be really nice to see what could happen especially to piss off their neighbours.

So all in all, I mean I'd like to see what they can do. But the odd thing I find with Void Elves... they actually have ghostly white/blue eyes.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-03-26 at 12:55 PM.

"But High Elves are Blood Elves!"

And Void Elves are Blood Elves with different colors. Same argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    The solution would be to kill off Vereesa and the remaining High Elves.
    I say send them to Teldrassil and have them burn to ashes, along with the dream of having the blue-eyed pest still infecting headcanoners' minds.
    This. It’s disappointing that we haven’t received any datamined information about Teldrassil related to High Elves yet. But if the art we’ve seen is what I think it is then Vereesa is going down. Hopefully the Silver Covenant go down with her.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-03-26 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This. It’s disappointing that we haven’t received any datamined information about Teldrassil yet. But if the art we’ve seen is what I think it is then Vereesa is going down. Hopefully the Silver Covenant go down with her.
    On the one hand, whatever happens to Veressa doesn't happen on Teldrassil. It happens on Darkshore..IF it's her.

On the other, the broadcast text doesn't include any references.

I'm on the fence about this as it can go either way. We have to wait for the pre-patch and the book to find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "But High Elves are Blood Elves!"

And Void Elves are Blood Elves with different colors. Same argument.
    Not really, Blood Elves and High Elves are identical, Blood/High Elves and Void Elves are similar. But there is a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    On the one hand, whatever happens to Veressa doesn't happen on Teldrassil. It happens on Darkshore..IF it's her.

On the other, the broadcast text doesn't include any references.

I'm on the fence about this as it can go either way. We have to wait for the pre-patch and the book to find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, Blood Elves and High Elves are identical, Blood/High Elves and Void Elves are similar. But there is a difference.
    Yeah. Plus there’s the High Elf in the ‘Jaina’s Angels’ island expedition team which lends some worry that at least some survive.

But the picture clearly draws attention to the elf with the arrows in her back. I’d still wager it’s Vereesa, so hopefully at least she’s down, even if the race survives.

His arguments are neither weak or strong because he was not arguing. His statements are word of god. Word of God can only be contradicted by future Word of God, so what he stated was fact.
    I know. But he gave reasons. His reasons where flawed. And god is not all knowing.

As for the other examples you list, both of those races have SOME difference that justifies their presence. The antlers for the HM Tauren. The lightforging for the LF Draenei. There is no physical difference between an alliance high elf and a Blood Elf. None.
    There are: eye color!! a same size of change as a lightbulb on the dreanei.

I have no intention of mocking you for your desire, but you are correct. You will almost certainly never see Alliance high elves. Void Elves would not have been created had they any intention of adding high elves to the alliance, as high elves would render Void Elves superfluous blue freaks. Void Elves are best seen as a statement of intent 'we can't give you a complete duplicate, but here's a different version of them',
    I agree that its their intention. But it comes over to a good part of us like. Ha, horde is getting all their wishes. And you are getting a joke race. Because they really feel like that. They look ( female's) like dreanei. Same color skin, same hair type's, same body type. They even have mini antlers. Like i said to someone else ( or you?). They should not have given us void elves. But a whole other race then. This feels like a burn.

There is no real cultural difference, at least not in the way you perceive. There is a difference of political opinion. And it is not a civil war or a proper schism, the alliance remnant are outcasts, vastly outnumbered by the Blood Elves.

Culturally, the alliance high elves are cut off from their people, their lands, their traditions and everything else that makes them high elves. Far from creating a brand new tradition and ethos to replace, what instead seems to be happening is the following.

Much has been made of the fact that Elisande chose to single out the High Elves for a diatribe, with the implication they are elevated to the same status as the other two elven races and thus should be playable. I disagree with such a stretch, but people focus too much on the fact she mentioned them rather than with what she said.

"Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name High Elves"

The destiny of the alliance high elves is either assimilation with the void elves, or assimilation into their host human kingdoms.

The future of the high elves is not as a race in their own right, but of a stormwind guard with blue eyes and pointy ears. The best that can be hoped for from a player perspective is a half elf allied race. Human model, blue eyes, pointy ears.
    This was all from wowpedia.
    And yes there is not a large cultural difference. Only in politics and beliefs...ohhh wait.
    And yes they are outnumbered. But hey void elves did not exist and are in fewer numbers as high elves .
    And yes i agree they will never add them.

And i said this to other people before. Its not the fact that we did not get them that pisses some ( a lot, few < depending on who is really alliance player etc) are pissed.
    Its the fact the both in lore the allied races the alliance have and are going to get are weak. They look cheap with little thought put into them. 2 of them are not even races but more classes ( lightforged and void). And we see the horde getting their whole wishlist while we get pretty much nothing.

A other example would be: Lightforged. Why not give us broken!?!?!
    And a example of lazy blizzard: Z-trolls get whole new druid forms. Kul tirans get a gaurdian form witch takes the skin of a current feral form and paste it onto gaurdian skeleton and says: tada new form.

So from our perspective its weak sauce.
    The coolest thing we got is dark iron dwarf + paladin mounts. And even their race mount looks weird. Not just that its a half corehound. But also its head is to large.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    Well sorry but that's a no for Lightforged. They are much fairer in skintone and hair colouration. They have a rune on their forehead and most important of them all, the horns are the most noticeable thing about them. They went all out of big, bendy, showy horns on Lightforged. Pretty much like antlers on Highmountain basically but for Draenei a little more obvious on coluration.

Well they're Allied Race for the name sake as much as Sunwalkers are classed as Paladins.

Also Turlayon is not a Lightforged. He joined the Lightforged on Argus, the Lightforged predate his entrance if you mean him. Becoming a Lightforged works when as seen in the scenario and as a Draenei only at the moment, undergoes self-exploration and overcomes any shadows of doubt to which they fully embrace the Light to become it. We even partake in T'Paartos that shows it.
    Turalyon was blessed by a Naaru in his case, which wasn't done in the scenario - He beckoned the light and change to Lightforged after you kill the echo at the end. Also... His Turlayon's blessing is stated within the audio drama: Turalyon has lived this long because Xe'ra blessed him and, in her words, he "has crossed the boundaries of mortality. He has been found worthy to become an eternal protector of creation."
    Belief me. with armor on and playing them its little to no difference.
    And yes they way he became is different. But he was still lightforged. He still had the same eye's etc.

There's a big difference between self-revelation and being touched by a celestial being.
    Yes. But does not take away he was lightforged.
    Getting high because you smoke weed or you get high from eating brownie's. The effect is still the same...you are high

Also Lightforged has had to have died over a thousand year easily since as Turalyon has said..."They've been fighting for thousand years" que audo drama. So there's not a "small number", there's been plenty enough to make those hideous multi-head dog things.. Urzuuls? So yeah, not sure where you got that impression from. There was an entire planet housing the Eredar race, you know Argus. We only saw a small section of Argus, which you can see and plot geographically by looking at it in the skybox and checking the Argus map.
    Lightforged are on the ship. Last time i checked the ship was the only place they lived. And yes in the back of mac'cree there are a lot of lights. But are those lightforged or legion? we do not know.
    and after kicking argus ass we see this: ( from wowhead)
    The Void
    After players defeat Argus and view the cinematic, the skybox changes inside the raid-instanced Vindicaar. In the sky of Azeroth, we see a red dot where the planet Argus used to be. On the Antorus Vindicaar after defeating Argus, we have a more disturbing sight--all of the planets are engulfed by the Void. Back in the Patch 7.3.2 PTR, we speculated something like this would happen as we found new void-themed art assets in the PTR.

So its either gone. Or out our reach. So all the lightforged we have are on the vindicaar.

As for Void Elves, the numbers are difficult, as for the rock. The same can be said for why is Demon Hunters sat on Marduum? Yet they've been shown to show a fair few of them existing since the Vault and various cinematics. I'd rather not go too deep into them since we know very little about the Void in comparison to Light, we have been able to wield it consciously longer than Void coupled with "good" aligned Light than "good" Void.
    DH: there could be more prisons with them as captive's in them. But yeah i agree with you on that.

As for High Elves. I'm sure their way of thinking changed because of events that happened to them. But that's not in any way going to change them culture and society because another society caused mass genocide on them. That's no different to real life scenarios and I bet you can guess what ones I am implying.
    Its not real life. And yes i can think of them.
    But there is cultural difference. In both politics, who they support and how they think about the world. ( witch pretty much means the world culture). Look it up on wow pedia.
    And again. If we say they have the same culture why are the highmountain tauren?

The High Elves changed attitudes to fuck the Alliance, not to stop everything else. They even kept to already established cultural aspects like royalty with the King gone, they followed Prince Kael'thas as Blood Elves and... And Kael'thas was born a High Elf. He is a son of Quel'thalas. He still was even when he just renamed the remainder of his people Sin'dorei. Can't change his heritage based on a name change though people will argue that magically does?
    That respect and honour of tradition continues even now with Lor'themar, whom in the novel "In the Shadow of the Sun" acknowledges Anasterian and Kael'thas as the last elves with a right to kingship over Quel'Thalas hence why he is Ranger Lord. Not King of the Blood Elves. Unlike King Anduin for Humans.
    They did not...there are high elves all across the alliance. from hero's, to guards and quests givers. A large ( the largest) group changed and said fuck the alliance and renamed themselves blood elves.
    Aratihi highlands has high elves, hero high elves etc etc etc

That respect for traditional ways band clearly evident want to keep it them, that started long before when they are High Elves shows their culture nor society did change, just attitudes towards who their ally is.
    look it up on wowpedia

Got here through @Aeula 's new sig. And damn, what an amazing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    After seeing so many Threads about the High Elf problem and level of utter Hate towards them with a simple quote that dearly enrages me so badly that I think the Quote itself should just die and be gone. "Blood Elves are High Elves" "Void Elves are High Elves"
    But what if the people who still complain about High Elves accepted the quote for what it is and ended their incessant rant? No pointless threads of your making = no people having to post that quote. It sounds like a self-incurred issue to me. Also, dealing with problems is a healthier attitude than just wishing them to die and hoping stuff happens.

The only reason why these poor excuses of Quotes Existence is to make the Anti High Elf crowd feel justified knowing for a fact that they can't stand a single fact of losing their precious Thalassian Model to the Alliance because of High Elves using the same Model. Than when Void Elves came in picture because one of developers thought it would be a great idea to make the Lore or Alliance Faction feel more crappy by pulling stupid lore that doesn't fit the theme of the Alliance of Warcraft 2 past relationship.
    Highlighted the keyword that's the issue with your take on Void Elves. This isn't W2 anymore. The story moved on. The relationships that existed back then are meaningless and out of anything related to the Void Elves their relationship with the Alliance is one of the least problematic issues. Also, I'm pretty sure the reason this quote exists is because Blizzard tried to snuff the incessant screeching about High Elves once and for all.

Here's the thing to some of you Toxic Blood Elf fans. You already got 2 models of the Night Elf Kaldorei naming Nightborne and Zandalari Trolls. As such its only far to have another model of precious Thalassian Model to the Alliance. Why? Its because players who have been asking for very long years now of wanting to play High Elves because of Warcraft 2. Its because they want to experience the Nostalgia and feeling of playing past old allied races of the alliance. Its because Alliance Players want to play something new and different than regular boring Night Elves or stupid ass pull race you called Void Elves.
    Both Nightborne and Zandalari are only loosely based on the Night Elf skeleton. Their models are heavily altered. Because it makes sense since those are separate races. No such thing applies to the High Elves in relation to the Blood Elves. You're comparing apples to oranges. Also, the flood of "where are muh High Elves" started for good only after Blood Elves joined the Horde. It wasn't nearly as inane during Vanilla. Jealousy is a bad trait tsk tsk. Also, there's nothing new or different about High Elves. And if Alliance players want to play with that model, they can play Horde. The option has been there for 12 years.

If anything that should be fair. Since we're talking about killing off a victim like Vereesa Windrunner who lost her bloody hushand in a Bomb Genocide. Its only fair to have Rommath be killed. Because why would you and I want to support a racist entitled elf who thinks all of wizards of Dalaran should die or how about have rest of sunreavers ended up getting murdered by Void Elves because of ether Rommath is forcing Aethas to kill off Void Elves or whatever magic power there is within the void or somewhere else in azeroth. Atleast then it would add more development than "Oh hey we are stilling surviving and Quel'thalas is still standing. Who gives a shit if our own people like Void Elves gets murdered or our past kin like High Elves Quel'dorei get butchered at Teldrassil. We don't give two shits." That's what being a good Elf hero is. Being a entitled children with magic.
    Literally nothing in this paragraph made sense.

I swear if blue eyes were added to Blood Elves and alliance is still getting shitted on and being disrespected. Then pretty much you butchered Warcraft 2 Blizzard and you ruined what's left of the alliance faction identity worth a damn. In all Honest I think Blood Elves are High Elves Quote should just die. Its worst than You think you do but you don't insult to vanilla crowd. Let the Alliance Players get what they have been wanting/asking for about 16 years. Let them enjoy High Elves. Playing High Elves on the Alliance doesn't ruin the Horde Player Population at all. In fact I could remember Orcs and Undead being more popular on the horde side before Blood Elves were even a thing and with Mag'har Orcs or Ogres coming along in Future. Horde Population will still be around even with or without Blood Elves.
    Even if Blizzard makes High Elves playable AND deletes the Blood Elves people like you will still find new ways to support your brilliant idea that Blizzard hates you, disrespects you or, as one particularly brilliant individual told me, shits down your throats. And since High Elves were not playable in Vanilla, what does this quote have to do with the Vanilla crowd? Also, the way you phrased it reads like a threat. "something something, but you don't insult the Vanilla crowd or else". Also, for all your talk about entitlement you fail to spot the irony of you feeling like you're owed High Elves just because you've asked for it for X years.

Telling or forcing people to play a stupid race that doesn't fit with overall Alliance Faction Identity makes you more of entitled jerkward that no one is not going to talk with you on a daily basis. Let the Alliance Players play whatever they want and be whatever they choose of old past Warcraft 2 theme instead of this new stupid lore of light vs void quotes and even the dumbest quote of Blood Elves are High Elves. Because at the end of day those kinds of players pay 15$ Dollars to play WoW and whatever is stupid and wrong on the alliance they have a full right to be angry about it.
    No one is forcing you to play anything. It's just it's a more rational idea than throwing a new fit that'd last another 12 years. And if you can't handle new lore, you can always play Warcraft 2 instead.

Customer is always right even their time of play and pay. Telling people to move on, Deal with it or other wise forcing people to pay/play for something they don't like is bad game design and makes you the player who is telling these people of those 3 quotes makes you more of dick. Let People on the Alliance enjoy High elves and stop being a toxic dick. Thank you.
    Blizzard doesn't have infinite resources and they don't have the means to address every single wish of community, no matter how inane it is. Also lel about even more irony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.