Poll: To be tall or not be tall?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    In a world with big monsters human seems to be the biggest monster of them all.

Deleted
    The fact that char creation has no height/size sliders still is baffling itself. There's already effects in game that make your char and the armor scale up and down that work just fine.

"Shrink these unique looking humans because the lore isn't there yet."

This isn't a thought out critique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I wish you weren't advocating for stupidity :/
    Sorry that the majority of people doesn't want morbidly obese Heroes?

They should be closer to the normal height but not too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Right now they look like a race of Andre the Giants.

Which is cool. But not as an entire race. Blizz needs to either nerf the height SLIGHTLY (we're not talking same size as humans here, they can stay taller) or explain what species they're cross-bred from.
    So tall humans in real life are cross bread with another species? Why can't tall people just be tall for no other reason than they're just born that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    The fact that char creation has no height/size sliders still is baffling itself. There's already effects in game that make your char and the armor scale up and down that work just fine.
    This guy gets it.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    I totally agree OP.

They are special cause they are big. We don't want their distinctive feature to be their bellies.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    "Shrink these unique looking humans because the lore isn't there yet."

This isn't a thought out critique.
    How about "Shrink them so that they look human next to other humans if that's what they're supposed to be"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Hot take : they should rework Worgen and make them 5% bigger/taller.

Because.

See how large Genn is?

Quoting the awesome art.

Actually i wondered with all this horde upright craze, maybe worgens can get upright posture aswell. xD

The void elf on that art looks so awesome. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The void elf on that art looks so awesome. <3
    That's a Night Elf. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep them that way. These guys look like they can beat a tauren in hand to hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    That's a Night Elf. :P
    You sure?

2m31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg

With that said... she is casting mage spells on the cinematic and holding a bow in the art. But, i'm pretty sure that's a void elf cause at this point the night elves have been routed or are still trying to hold positions in Kalimdor. But who knows? Tbh it's not clear. But i don't think that's what a night elf looks like. They have longer ears.

Oh this reminds me theres datamined files of Lorthemar complaining about his void elf enemies during the siege of undercity, so yeah... very likely a void elf.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-25 at 08:08 PM.

How about "Shrink them so that they look human next to other humans if that's what they're supposed to be"?
    That's like asking Zandalari to hunch down because Darkspear are standard for trolls. There are more variations of Large Humans in Wow than regular ones.

You sure?

2m31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJr3dXZfcg

With that said... she is casting mage spells on the cinematic and holding a bow in the art. But, i'm pretty sure that's a void elf cause at this point the night elves have been routed or are still trying to hold positions in Kalimdor. But who knows? Tbh it's not clear. But i don't think that's what a night elf looks like. They have longer ears.
    They also fire arrows at 1:28. It's the same model. They're night elves all the way. It's obvious on the poster that is a Night Elf purple and not a Void Elf blue.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    That's like asking Zandalari to hunch down because Darkspear are standard for trolls. There are more variations of Large Humans in Wow than regular ones.
    No, it's like asking Zandalari to be the same height as an upright Darkspear because they're both Trolls and it would look weird otherwise. It's EXACTLY like that. But when you want a race to be taller it's fine, when you want it to be shorter it's not, because obviously the size of one's character is directly proportional to the size of their dick, and we can't let the Alliance boys feel insecure even if the result ends up looking stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to be able to adjust the height and girth of my character in a MMORPG.

You sure?
    Go look at the ears. Those are NE ears, not H/B/VE.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Depends.

Are they regular humans?
    Nerf the height. Make them taller than regular ones, of course, but not THAT much.

Do they have any sort of explanation for how different they are, such as having some Vrykul or Drust blood?
    Then keep their height. Make them bigger, even. Go crazy with it.
    You know, the non-sense thing is actually every human (and ALL the other races) having the same height and body structure.

It took Blizzard 14 years to notice that living people have not the same height, we should rejoice instead of making questions.

Deleted
    They also fire arrows at 1:28. It's the same model. They're night elves all the way. It's obvious on the poster that is a Night Elf purple and not a Void Elf blue.

It is confirmed by the datamine that void elves are there. There is nothing about night elves.

Log into the game and see the ears. The ones at 2:31 are definitly void elves. If you look at the male, the ears are way too small to be a night elf male. He obviously doesn't have a nelf frame either.

The archers at 1:23 that you say are night elves, maybe aren't either. Again you just have to look at the length of the ears. Log to the game in your character creating and see how long the night elf ears are, they go way beyond the end of the head. The Void elves just go a little bit, wich is what we see in the cinematic. But it's difficult to say 100% on either side.

That is a void elf. I'm pretty sure. But, it's difficult to say for sure cause they look so alike.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-03-25 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So, the Alliance doesn't have a single huge and tall race.... yet you list 4 of them that you don't account for due to random reasons. Penetrative ears? Mane? Tails? lol.

wow.
    Yes the alliance doesn't have tall and buff race were it doesn't screw with the armor you missed my point.
    Last edited by Cyero; 2018-03-25 at 08:32 PM.