Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i think you forgot locus walker and the shadow guard, just because they dont have a physical form anymore doesnt mean they arent mortal
    'Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers.'

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ba...s/allied-races
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Anduin, who is around 20 y/o atm, is going to grow old as per the comic. Combine that with expansions lasting only 1 year in lore and ~2 years IRL, you'd need like a century before that even becomes a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If Legion has taught us anything, it's that visions and prophecies are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's possible that the vision of Anduin as the future High King in "Son of the Wolf" isn't a future that comes to pass - so I don't consider Anduin's position as necessarily secured by an inviolable destiny.
    But it's not a vision. It's just narrator skipping some years to the future. Besides, it's Blanduin. Elune will throw Tyrande under the bus if it means saving him. A billion Naaru will appear from - well, wherever they come from - to bring victory to his blandness. Light Lords will enter the physical realm and smite down his enemies, despite them only being a possibility right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Anduin, who is around 20 y/o atm, is going to grow old as per the comic. Combine that with expansions lasting only 1 year in lore and ~2 years IRL, you'd need like a century before that even becomes a possibility.
    Don't get cocky kid with your smartass logic here. This is what gonna happen:

Anduin: Genn lets do this !
    Genn: Right behind you lad !
    Together: TRANSFORM !
    *instert transformation scene here*
    Together: Fusion complete - Old man andiun form achieved !

See ? That would explain why genn wasn't in the comic. It could even happen today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well, Anduin's got another 40 years on the throne. After him it'll pass to his children (If applicable). At 'best' you'll have a half-human king/queen at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Don't get cocky kid with your smartass logic here. This is what gonna happen:

Anduin: Genn lets do this !
    Genn: Right behind you lad !
    Together: TRANSFORM !
    *instert transformation scene here*
    Together: Fusion complete - Old man andiun form achieved !

See ? That would explain why genn wasn't in the comic. It could even happen today.
    I dunno. After Zalazane and Vol'jin fuse to create the Loa of Failure I think it'd be redundant storytelling. Which, given the story first appearing on Horde side, would make the brilliant part of Alliance players cry about HORDE BIAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as long as the Alliance is a *only Humans matter* club...

If Legion has taught us anything, it's that visions and prophecies are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's possible that the vision of Anduin as the future High King in "Son of the Wolf" isn't a future that comes to pass - so I don't consider Anduin's position as necessarily secured by an inviolable destiny.
    Isn't that vision already not going to come to pass because that was supposed to be preceding the final fight against the Legion... which was all but destroyed by the PCs?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Isn't that vision already not going to come to pass because that was supposed to be preceding the final fight against the Legion... which was all but destroyed by the PCs?
    I thought it was supposed to envision the final battle against the Void, but it rather nebulous as to who the ultimate enemy in the vision is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But it's not a vision. It's just narrator skipping some years to the future. Besides, it's Blanduin. Elune will throw Tyrande under the bus if it means saving him. A billion Naaru will appear from - well, wherever they come from - to bring victory to his blandness. Light Lords will enter the physical realm and smite down his enemies, despite them only being a possibility right now.
    I consider any "window" opened onto the distant future of WoW to be tantamount to a vision or prophecy, whether explicitly stated or not. It wouldn't be the first time a narrator has skipped ahead like that only for the stated future not to come to pass. The ending of "Son of the Wolf" may to come pass, or it may not - we won't know know until we get to that point in time.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-27 at 10:17 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

---snip---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-27 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    So the warchief hasnt always been an orc and the title has been passed between people lots of times troughout history
    Not really, the Warchief has always been an Orc. It's just the last two that aren't, so it's a very new concept (and a stupid one).

Quote Originally Posted by Auctioneer View Post
    High king though? Varian. Then anduin. But why. 10K years experience fighting the legion and leading the night elves, the legendary commander muradin fucking bronzebeard or the wise prophet velen and they chose anduin who is probably not even 20 years old

«High king velen» would be awesome to see
    Well, Kings have always been appointed by blood rather than prowess.

But you do have a point. The Alliance have some extremely strong, wise and potent candidates to lead them, and they go with an emotional crybaby who just lost his dad. Solid choice.

Such an original threat.

Also, the thread title acts like we haven't see a Non-Human High king in milenias when the concept itself only exist for 3 expansions and it only changed now, and to fit the narrative of two incompetent/unfit leaders on both factions.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

it wasnt a vision or a prophecy. they can retcon it if they want to, they just retconned me'dan. but until its retconned its in the future

- - - Updated - - -

it doesnt say who theyre fighting against at all. it could literally be anybody or anything
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I thought it was supposed to envision the final battle against the Void, but it rather nebulous as to who the ultimate enemy in the vision is supposed to be.
    It is kind of ambiguous, this is true, but given that it was released as part of the Legion preamble story stuff it makes sense to assume it was the Legion.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It is kind of ambiguous, this is true, but given that it was released as part of the Legion preamble story stuff it makes sense to assume it was the Legion.
    They sort of messed that up, because the timeline of it is quite questionable after the broken shore patch. He gets teh note on beginning of the legion, he gets the sword at the broken shore and then after we presumably kill Kil'jaeden a Nethrezim disguised as a stormwind guard stats telling him he is a failiure? eeh the time skip is the least of my problems with that short after playing through legion frankly

7+ Year Old Account
    i hope no, they fucked up the hrode with this diversity bullshit, they should not do it with the alliance just for parity

and i hope they have sense in their minds once again, and fix the mess, but is just a hope

Humans are the glue that keeps the Alliance together. The other Alliance races need to work on their diplomatic skills a bit more... except surprisingly the Pandaren

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    They sort of messed that up, because the timeline of it is quite questionable after the broken shore patch. He gets teh note on beginning of the legion, he gets the sword at the broken shore and then after we presumably kill Kil'jaeden a Nethrezim disguised as a stormwind guard stats telling him he is a failiure? eeh the time skip is the least of my problems with that short after playing through legion frankly
    Where did you get the "after we presumably kill Kil'Jaeden" part? I'm sure there wasn't any indication of that. We only know that the events in that short story happened after Anduin retrieved his father's sword from Broken shore, but I don't think there was anything hinted that it happened after ToS as well.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-03-28 at 02:58 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Well... There was a black dragon as king for a little while right?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Well... There was a black dragon as king for a little while right?
    Nah, Deathwing / Daval Prestor came close to being King of Alterac (not Alliance's or just humans' leader), but his plan was foiled after the event at Grim Batol. Onyxia / Katrina Prestor was only a noble.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I heard a little something about this human racial ability called diplomacy. Currently Night Elves, Gnomes, Draenei and Worgen are trying to secure their new homes. They provide some of the most influential members but the High King of The Alliance has always been that of Stormwind dating back to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans which released in 1994.