Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question How will the removal of Masterloot affect World 1st Raiding guilds?

Dear all,

I have a few questions about how the removal of Masterloot will affect the highend raiding guilds:

• Do we expect the content to last longer? (don't get me wrong I think 600-700 pulls is insane in terms of longevity, as it means 3 months for a top guild)
    • Can highend guilds still funnel gear to their alts? They can just trade the gear in the raid so what is actually changing?
    • Would highend raiders now need to have 3x the same class as an alt in order to have a chance at the BiS trinket?

thanks a lot

Ploonion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploon View Post
    Dear all,

I have a few questions about how the removal of Masterloot will affect the highend raiding guilds:

• Do we expect the content to last longer? (don't get me wrong I think 600-700 pulls is insane in terms of longevity, as it means 3 months for a top guild)
    • Can highend guilds still funnel gear to their alts? They can just trade the gear in the raid so what is actually changing?
    • Would highend raiders now need to have 3x the same class as an alt in order to have a chance at the BiS trinket?

thanks a lot

Ploonion
    Thats a solid meme

Deleted
    600 pulls = 3 months
    If you raid like 6hours a week maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are removing master looting?

If it really DOES go to just personal loot (which I don't believe they have confirmed 100%) then it will most likely end up one of two ways.

1. Even if an item drops for a specific raider, the raid lead decides who it actually goes to/ who to trade it to. If they make it untradeable initially for some reason then...

2. For the high end guilds (Method and Exorsus and such) you will probably have 2-3 characters of the same class and probably be required to play two different classes. Meaning like 3 Hunters and 3 Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanhayes96 View Post
    If it really DOES go to just personal loot (which I don't believe they have confirmed 100%) then it will most likely end up one of two ways.

1. Even if an item drops for a specific raider, the raid lead decides who it actually goes to/ who to trade it to. If they make it untradeable initially for some reason then...

2. For the high end guilds (Method and Exorsus and such) you will probably have 2-3 characters of the same class and probably be required to play two different classes. Meaning like 3 Hunters and 3 Warlocks.
    Do you understand what a change to Personal Loot means because it seems like you have no clue what personal loot is. Split runs are basically meaningless if master loot is gone.... all th gear is an upgrade which means the players won’t be able to trade it.

TBH I’m sure all the raiders shooting for World Dorst are happy about the change.
    Last edited by Mugus; 2018-03-31 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    They could tune encounters easier. In Argus 9/11 bosses were pretty easy. And Aggra/Argus were mostly about execution.

Luck will be more of a factor, not actuall skill. Thats about the only difference.
    Fewer people will most likely be intrested in the race and in raiding in general.

It's a stupid idea but Blizzard seems to love thoes at times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploon View Post
    Dear all,

thanks a lot

Ploonion
    yes content will last longer because split raiding will be dead (mostly) the issue with master looter was it allowed split raiding, and if it made content go through SO MUCH FASTER then it was supposed to, because content was based around "This raid has 5 peices of loot per boss per week" but with split raiding you had "50 peices of loot per boss per week"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    Do you understand what a change to Personal Loot means because it seems like you have no clue what personal loot is. Split runs are basically meaningless if master loot is gone.... all th gear is an upgrade which means the players won’t be able to trade it.

TBH I’m sure all the raiders shooting for World Dorst are happy about the change.
    Just because you do not understand how the gearing and funneling process will work does not mean it does not exist they already have plans worked out if blizzard goes through with forced PL
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanhayes96 View Post

you dont know how personal loot works then do you?
    they have bassicly confirmed it is all that will be left, but they could easily change that.

1. no, no they dont, because if it drops for someone and it is an upgrade ilvl wise, they cant trade it, so yes lower ilvl gear will be able to be given to who they need it to go to,but no longer will they bring 20 people, get a 990 titanforge and be able to give it to their carry that run.

2. if anything this is how the guilds will try to get around this, but this is also how they were doing it allready with split pushing, if they want to do it this way then yeah they can split push but it will be MUCH harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Just because you do not understand how the gearing and funneling process will work does not mean it does not exist.
    Ok so please tell us how using personal loot they would funnel gear to their mains?
    all mighty firatha, tell us how we are dumb and do not know the way method would get around the lock of personal loot.

I was gonna pop in and say the same thing. You can only trade if the loot is not an ilvl upgrade for you. if anything i think we will see a lot more mythic plus spamming in hopes that you get well itemized titanforged gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    I was gonna pop in and say the same thing. You can only trade if the loot is not an ilvl upgrade for you. if anything i think we will see a lot more mythic plus spamming in hopes that you get well itemized titanforged gear.
    most liekly, specially with teir sets gone rthat will be it, however azerite armor cant titanforge, nor can weapons, so they will still need to try and get those.

Deleted
    IF they remove masterloot, blizzard is going down a slippery slope i do not like. If the reason truly is that it will help fix the current problem that is split raiding i could not disagree more.

The day Blizzard punishes 60% of the guilds for the behavior of the 1% i pray that new leadership is found within blizzard.

The only way I can see WF guilds working around this is no longer (for example) having one of each tank, but six of one Tank. The one that has the best luck is the one that attempts the main Mythic runs first.

On a side note, our guild has played around with just personal loot as the expac is on the slow wind down, we reckon we get more gear overall.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    IF they remove masterloot, blizzard is going down a slippery slope i do not like. If the reason truly is that it will help fix the current problem that is split raiding i could not disagree more.

The day Blizzard punishes 60% of the guilds for the behavior of the 1% i pray that new leadership is found within blizzard.
    what kind of slippery slope are you talking about? You cant just say "slippery slope" then not say into what...
    also hey apparently based on these forums and the pvpers the game should ONLY BE MADE for the Elite, and casuals should fuck right off with wanting to have say on what the devs do. as ONLY THE ELITE are important.

they will have a slightly lower ilvl going into the raid, that's all. They will still class stack, but split raiding is not as beneficial the first week, however the 2nd and 3rd week, split raiding will be back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balir View Post
    The only way I can see WF guilds working around this is no longer (for example) having one of each tank, but six of one Tank. The one that has the best luck is the one that attempts the main Mythic runs first.

On a side note, our guild has played around with just personal loot as the expac is on the slow wind down, we reckon we get more gear overall.
    Peronsal loot aparentyl gives more gear on average to make up for the "Cant give people what they want"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    they will have a slightly lower ilvl going into the raid, that's all. They will still class stack, but split raiding is not as beneficial the first week, however the 2nd and 3rd week, split raiding will be back.
    how will split raiding be back? Please tell. how can you split raid with personal loot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you dont know how personal loot works then do you?
    they have bassicly confirmed it is all that will be left, but they could easily change that.

1. no, no they dont, because if it drops for someone and it is an upgrade ilvl wise, they cant trade it, so yes lower ilvl gear will be able to be given to who they need it to go to,but no longer will they bring 20 people, get a 990 titanforge and be able to give it to their carry that run.

2. if anything this is how the guilds will try to get around this, but this is also how they were doing it allready with split pushing, if they want to do it this way then yeah they can split push but it will be MUCH harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so please tell us how using personal loot they would funnel gear to their mains?
    all mighty firatha, tell us how we are dumb and do not know the way method would get around the lock of personal loot.
    The guilds themselvws said they already looked into ways and found that it will still be possible dor most gear the process will just take longer due do them toons already needing a high enough ilvl in said slot this will only work because people at this lvl dont have mains they play many toons ans just like in this xpack they picked the toon that the best frist 2. Best leggos they they will have several toons and split the highre ilvl toons with the lower ones in hopes that the higher toon be able to trade it to another toon of the same armor type or something along those lines there is no denieing that this will slow gearing process down but people will still do semilar thing

Sorryvfor the hard read I hate typing lenthy posts from my phone
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Hello They like for half-year invented thing that when u are in guild group u can exchange items with each other no matter ilvl your have or item have. In PL. I just wich that they would make some addon like RClootconcil2.0 that will collectdata about all items dropped from boss (coins excluded) and do same voting as first addon did on those items. And RL will just trade all items from raid (if its guild group ofc)
    Last edited by Seidhe; 2018-03-31 at 09:46 AM.