Deleted

is arena the worst its ever been?

this is ridiculous i spent more time looking for partners then actually playing because they rage quit after 1 loss and start to apply for the same groups because the activ player pvp pool doesnt change at all. And then when i finally get a decent team of wich first i need to check the armories to be sure they are really rank 1 gladiators streaming on twitch i play against other thristy tryhards being in the same situation as me making a 1550 rating game a atleast 2100 rating expierience. What went wrong? Why is there still no solo que? Just make it like skirmish and throw some recoloured rewards like the usual, who even cares if its gonna be good when its better then nothing.

You mad cos you can't get boosted to Gladiator?

It's pretty bad right now. Probably not going to get any better though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wedc View Post
    this is ridiculous i spent more time looking for partners then actually playing because they rage quit after 1 loss and start to apply for the same groups because the activ player pvp pool doesnt change at all. And then when i finally get a decent team of wich first i need to check the armories to be sure they are really rank 1 gladiators streaming on twitch i play against other thristy tryhards being in the same situation as me making a 1550 rating game a atleast 2100 rating expierience. What went wrong? Why is there still no solo que? Just make it like skirmish and throw some recoloured rewards like the usual, who even cares if its gonna be good when its better then nothing.
    I'm just gunna flat out say it, you being stuck at 1550 sounds like a personal problem to me. I think there's probably a reason they "rage quit" after one loss and it's more than likely your play, maybe try to improve instead of crying and blaming your team.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP in general is in the worst spot it's ever been. The entire concept of the Prestige system and new PvP talents was a horrible step in the wrong direction but since the busted system was in place, they weren't removing it while Legion is in progress. It was impossible to really balance this expansion with artifacts changing and evolving as well as managing all the new PvP talents that should not have existed.

They 100% should not have removed honor, conquest and PvP gear from the game for a loot box system that doesn't matter at all. PvP in the past was a lot of people at least putting in 10 runs a week to get their conquest the following week and when that was removed, the amount of people who were interested in PvP for gear or just to kill time for some reward went away.

I was planning on running RBG's this expansion and my entire plan just went to crap. Finding groups that wanted to do more than 1 run a day was almost impossible and the time it took to scrub up players for a pug was just too long. It didn't matter if you won 1 or lost 1 because the group was falling apart anyways when it was over and it was back to searching for more players to do another.

I've been Prestige 25 since January and I don't really PvP. I feel comfortable in saying that 98% of my total honor gained this expansion across all Prestige levels was just from doing Towers and the rotating World Quest every day that I could. It was 2-3 Prestige levels faster than actually doing PvP and hoping to gain honor.

Now, I can't shit on their system for the next expansion because I've only heard about it and haven't actually seen how it's implemented. All that I can really say from what I have seen though is how BFA is looking like WoD Part 3.

If people were hoping a new dev in charge of PvP would actually fix the mess Holinka allowed to be created then I'm sorry to say that's not happening for next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    You mad cos you can't get boosted to Gladiator?
    Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    I'm just gunna flat out say it, you being stuck at 1550 sounds like a personal problem to me. I think there's probably a reason they "rage quit" after one loss and it's more than likely your play, maybe try to improve instead of crying and blaming your team.

if solo que would even been implemented you would be the first here to come to cry about the lacking social aspect of it

There are multiple reasons for this dilemma you're experiencing. To pick just a few is generalizing. What I'm most passionate about and point to the most is the rewards system flaws. I believe the game is still fun, still merits skill, still plays a "similar" meta as it always had in 3s.

But participation is down to an all time low. Stats websites look at a collapsed ladder and point to the horrific numbers. Yet, mythic+ is seeing more player participation than raiding and all forms of pvp combined.

If you've participated in m+, you know the content isn't new. A few runs, popular strats emerged each season, the same skins/encounters week-after-week. What's so special about m+? Why is it the number 1 content engagement?

I believe gear.

If 3s rewarded gear, people looking for smaller group content would hop back in. If 3s rewarded gear, you'd have people on your friends list wanting to play. Even if gear was still irrelevant while doing pvp, players would crossover for it. Even if it was the current flawed "all gear lottery pool" we play with today was still in place, people would engage more if the ilevels of said random rewards were appropriate.

Appropriate rewards. Appropriate gear. I care so much about the perceived problem I broadcast it to the community, even though I'd rather do anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    There are multiple reasons for this dilemma you're experiencing. To pick just a few is generalizing. What I'm most passionate about and point to the most is the rewards system flaws. I believe the game is still fun, still merits skill, still plays a "similar" meta as it always had in 3s.

But participation is down to an all time low. Stats websites look at a collapsed ladder and point to the horrific numbers. Yet, mythic+ is seeing more player participation than raiding and all forms of pvp combined.

If you've participated in m+, you know the content isn't new. A few runs, popular strats emerged each season, the same skins/encounters week-after-week. What's so special about m+? Why is it the number 1 content engagement?

I believe gear.

If 3s rewarded gear, people looking for smaller group content would hop back in. If 3s rewarded gear, you'd have people on your friends list wanting to play. Even if gear was still irrelevant while doing pvp, players would crossover for it. Even if it was the current flawed "all gear lottery pool" we play with today was still in place, people would engage more if the ilevels of said random rewards were appropriate.

Appropriate rewards. Appropriate gear. I care so much about the perceived problem I broadcast it to the community, even though I'd rather do anything else.
    Well that's simple. Mythic+ is fast, rewarding, challenging and even fun. It takes about an hour to form a group, complete the dungeon, collect the rewards (if lucky) and secure the weekly reward. Also at the end of the day it doesn't impose any commitments.

With Arena and RBG's there's an entire different story. You may have a difficult time finding / creating a team and even further it may be difficult to maintain the team as in order to progress you'll need to have a schedule that everyone must attend (obviously depends on the availability of each member). Also at the end of the day after doing arena or rbg for an hour or two you hardly get any viable reward.

Even though they stated it won't happen I believe that an automatic queue for the rated scene will be a great benefit to the participation.

Bottom line, Mythic + is convenient and rewarding while both rated pvp options are neither.

It's true. If you are a new or returning players, it's a b**** to find people to pvp with. The current LFR system is poor because players are the matchmakers. They pick the class, comp, and individual based on their achievements. A lot of people are pushing for solo queue.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wedc View Post
    I don't think solo que is going to do a whole lot for the game. It would essentially be like ranked skrims and I don't think blizzard wants to support that form of play beyond being something fun to hop in and do. If they were to really make a solo que they would need to add a lot more to the group finding tool. IE, what other classes you're looking to que with and the ranking range in which you're looking to que for (could be hidden but would still need to be there). You still miss out over voice comms and real coordination which is what most top end players use; so you'd still be at a clear disadvantage. I would prefer blizz spends the resources into making PvP something people want to do again. Right now with Legion I would argue the most efficient means to gear progress for PvP is actually PvE. Which is the real problem because beyond grinding out glad rank and supposedly being amazingly fun, what's the reason to even do arenas?