Poll: What do you think of the current BFA talent philosophy?

Philosophy of Talents in BFA, wrong direction?

I don't know if I'm alone here but I don't see many people who have taken issue with this over BFA and to a lesser degree Legion. Talents where you only pick them for certain situations don't really seem like a worthy choice. You actually don't seem to be making a choice so much as switching to the correct talents to the right situation.

More to the point, talents in BFA seem largely a choice between AoE and single target. That isn't really a choice, situations are either going to favor AoE or they won't. Personally I feel like they should be focusing more on talent choices like self healing or mobility (damage avoidance vs damage mitigation) or rotational choices which generally sim very close together.

What do you think?

Edit: Messed up the poll options, please delete mod (posted a fixed version).
    Last edited by Vlaid; 2018-04-10 at 03:42 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You kinda undo your own argument with one statement.

"which generally sim very close together."

They can't sim close, they can't even sim the same but work differently. If there is one iota of difference between the three abilities on the tier, some math major will figure out which one is a .0001% DPS gain over the others and we'll be right back with cookie cutter builds. It's the problem that's plagued the new system, it's the problem that made Blizz do away with the old system, it's never going away.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)