Question Thinking about to try PVP, pleasse help me!

Hi guys!

PVE player here since forever. Not a pro player, but I would say I do ok. I like to play BGs casually, for example, like 1 or 2 per day.

Spoke to a Rogue friend and we gonna try 2v2 arenas, so that said:

1. I play DK and can play all 3 specs, should I choose whatever I like or do you guys think, for example, frost is ahead of the other 2 and would be easier for a begginer like to play and get a higher rate?

2. Should I always equip whatever I have with highest ilvl, correct? I mean, no matter what trinket/legendary power is, what really matter is ilvl?

3. I do not use mouse to move, basically I use qweasd to move, 1-5 to defensive cds and pots and they whole num pad for my skill, do you think that will be bad vs players that move with move and jump around and so? I dont feel bad playing pve with that config, but maybe would be not great for pvp?

4. I would like to reach 1.8k - 2k rating, how hard is that? I fairly know my class and I am an ok pve player (do mythic content and so...).

5. The new elite set just came out, if I start tomorrow and reach, lets say, 2k rating, will I have access to an elite set?

I guess thats all guys. Thank you very much, sorry my English.

Any tip/advice/guides/videos will be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Deleted
    1. 2v2 as double dps can work with bursty class. So frost + outlaw would be your pick.

2. Correct. best ilvl for pvp.

3. Not a problem at all if you are confortable and fast enough to react with it. Just don't click spells, bind everything you need on keyboard and mouse3,4,5 etc

4. 2k was a landmark at tbc maybe wotlk when you got glad at 2.4k Now it is pretty easy but as double dps in v2 and begginer it will not be a cakewalk. Playing with a healer in v2 as a dk would be much easier

5. yes

Sorry for mine ^^

As for tips i have a good one: unbind backpedal "s" and use it for a spell instead and learn to move with strafing and camera moving with mouse. The days of kiting a warrior in the 5m-8m deadzone are long gone you don't really need backpedal anymore in pvp.
    For example i currently use it for feint on my rogue because you spam it all day long and once you try the "s" bind you never go back it's too good
    Last edited by mmoc99a517f13b; 2018-04-05 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeteranoNoob View Post
    Hi guys!

PVE player here since forever. Not a pro player, but I would say I do ok. I like to play BGs casually, for example, like 1 or 2 per day.

Spoke to a Rogue friend and we gonna try 2v2 arenas, so that said:

1. I play DK and can play all 3 specs, should I choose whatever I like or do you guys think, for example, frost is ahead of the other 2 and would be easier for a begginer like to play and get a higher rate?

2. Should I always equip whatever I have with highest ilvl, correct? I mean, no matter what trinket/legendary power is, what really matter is ilvl?

3. I do not use mouse to move, basically I use qweasd to move, 1-5 to defensive cds and pots and they whole num pad for my skill, do you think that will be bad vs players that move with move and jump around and so? I dont feel bad playing pve with that config, but maybe would be not great for pvp?

4. I would like to reach 1.8k - 2k rating, how hard is that? I fairly know my class and I am an ok pve player (do mythic content and so...).

5. The new elite set just came out, if I start tomorrow and reach, lets say, 2k rating, will I have access to an elite set?

I guess thats all guys. Thank you very much, sorry my English.

Any tip/advice/guides/videos will be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you!
    First, you aint doing 2s with a rogue if you want to get past 1800 or so.

1. Unholy is best, frost is easier. Generally playing the best spec is the way to go. 2V2 is extremely comp based. Playing a sub-par spec is like refusing to use a gun in call of duty. Sure, you might get the occasional knifing kill spree, but that doesn't negate the 50 games you just had where you got farmed into oblivion.

2. Yes. Equip highest ilvl.

3. Use the binds that work for you. If you can't press your binds while under pressure, thats a sign that you need to change your binds.

4. Easy with a good comp, ridiculously hard with a bad one. Example - I struggled on my main with 10 years of pvp experience to get to 2k (ret paladin.) I then logged my survival hunter and got to 2400 in 70 games with a 80%+ winrate, farming rank 1 glads etc. Comp is everything, i can't stress this enough

5. Yes

Advice: Accept that this game is bullshit and that even if you play a top comp, you will encounter your counter comp and watch as they play terribly but win anyway. PVP is and always has been bullshit in Arena. Getting elite sets is like taking medicine. It fucking sucks, but you just gotta do it. Suck it up and plough through.

Thank you very much for your replies guys! Really appreciate that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Advice: Accept that this game is bullshit and that even if you play a top comp, you will encounter your counter comp and watch as they play terribly but win anyway. PVP is and always has been bullshit in Arena. Getting elite sets is like taking medicine. It fucking sucks, but you just gotta do it. Suck it up and plough through.
    Cool, I am ready to lose some. That sounds fine!

So do you think I will do better with Unholy than Frost? I thought frost was stronger, but hey, I am not PVP expert ahahahaha.

Is DK viable? I basically play DK, Pally and a bit of Warrior, but I really enjoy DKs.

dk is definitely viable especially with resto druid or resto sham healer. Unholy is also much stronger but also much harder to play. Imo it is better to learn the harder spec and fail at the start than cripple yourself by playing the ez spec that you'll struggle to climb with anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    dk is definitely viable especially with resto druid or resto sham healer. Unholy is also much stronger but also much harder to play. Imo it is better to learn the harder spec and fail at the start than cripple yourself by playing the ez spec that you'll struggle to climb with anyway.
    Thank you very much!!! I love Unholy, so I guess I just gotta learn the PVP ways Thank you man! Thanks a lot!