Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Aye, I couldn't stand Odyn halfway though the Quest line, and he's the cause of half his own problems, yet we're the ones that need to be tested before we can fix his "issues".
    It takes a big man to deal with another man's rebellious teenage daughter.

Fearbreaker for Holy Priests

Axe of Cenarius for Arms Warrior

A Mogu mace connected to fleshshapers lore for Blood DK

Shadowmourne for Unholy DK

Fangs of the Father for the Rogues

Val'anyr or Ashkandi for Warriors

Twin Blades of Azzinoth for Demon Hunters

Storm Stave of Antonidas for Mages

Bloodhoof Runespear for Shamans

Light's Vengeance for Paladins

Sunstrider's Longbow or Thori'dal for Hunters

I think Protection Paladin's weapon (Truthguard) should have been a mace or hammer of some sort, similar to what Talvindius said. It should have been something from actual lore, not some made up vrykul weapon with (in my opinion) a stupid name. The Ashbringer was spot on. The Silver Hand should have been a 1 handed mace with a paladin libram instead of a 2-handed mace. Holy paladins pre-Legion used -handed + shield or off hand, and for some reason they decided to give them a 2-hand mace?

I personally find the shield portion of Truthguard to look bad. I am glad that you could transmog something over it (I went with the Naaru shield from Gruul's Lair). I do like the flail look for the Mage Tower version, but I have no patience to slog through that garbage that is High Lord Kruul for it. So I hope they go for more weapon skins like that. Hell, even a 2-handed flail would be good.

arms warrior weapon should have been the purified Blade of the Brotherhood... but I don't think people would appreciate more ashkandi.

Ret Paladins should NOT have gotten the Ashbringer.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I would have loved fury warriors to get Shalamayne
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I despise Spriest “knaifu”. We’re fucking PRIESTS... holy warriors in history have worn maces, halberds, swords. Not some stupid hard-to-mog dagger.

Should’ve been a staff or sword

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Arms should have had Gorehowl. There was already an updated model for it, and it's not like it's seeing much use after Garrosh discarded it.

I'd rather have primal rage over void stuff when it comes to warriors. The more I think about it, Gorehowl would have been perfect given its history.
    I agree that Arms warriors should have gotten Gorehowl.

Could you imagine the different variants on what Gorehowl would have looked like (colors, upgraded, hidden, PVP, Challenge mode, etc.)?

EDIT: In fact, I even came up with a fan scenario how an Arms Warrior can acquire Gorehowl.

After the Siege of Origimmar, the legendary weapon of Grommash Hellscream, Gorehowl, is kept hidden away from public eye - its prestige tainted by its previous owner's action, Garrosh Hellscream. However, with the arrival of the Burning Legion, Orgrimmar is being invaded! The Arms Warrior has to battle wave after wave of both demon and fel-corrupted orcs.

Finally, you find trhe legendary weapon, but is in the grasp of the commander of the invasion of Orgrimmar: Mannoroth himself (or Magtheridon)! After a lengthy battle with the pit lord, you wrestle possession of the axe, and deliver the final blow to the demon, but in the process, nearly fall to the flames of the dying pit lord.

Fortunately, you are quickly whisked back to Skyhold, the axe of Hellscream in hand.

Hell, maybe have alternate dialogue when in Val'sharah. The Night Elves would probably be angry to see the axe that first slew Cenarius during the Third War.
    Last edited by Krek01; 2018-04-12 at 03:42 AM.

Broxigar's axe obviously. It would've been a great opportunity to have the various cosmetic appearances reflect either the demon blood infusing it or the nature magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I despise Spriest “knaifu”. We’re fucking PRIESTS... holy warriors in history have worn maces, halberds, swords. Not some stupid hard-to-mog dagger.

Should’ve been a staff or sword
    You're wielding [probably] AN OLD GOD. Be happy, damn it.

As for Gorehowl or Sulfuras I can understand why they avoided weapons that were already obtainable by the player. (corrupted ashbringer doesn't count, that doesn't drop anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    All of the hunter weapons were pretty "meh" from a lore standpoint, but BM's absolutely should not have been a high-Titan-tech gun.

Marksmanship is the "sniper" spec.
    Survival is the "tech and bombs" spec.
    Beast Mastery is the "works well with the creatures of nature spec," and we get.... the LOUDEST weapon option, and the one most associated with hunting for SPORT.
    ???
    Yeah... I actually kinda wish BM ended up having an option to go melee and not Survival. I've always viewed BM as the "Rexxar" spec.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there were some that I liked, some that I really didn't. The arms warrior one lorewise is pretty stupid, but it has some pretty badass skins. The shadow priest one is a pretty great example of something they pulled from thin air and made completely awesome.

I mean there are some really iconic ones (Doomhammer, Ashbringer, etc) while a lot of the other ones were like "Hey you remember this famous event in WarCraft lore? Yeah and you know that famous character from that event? Well this is that character's sister's understudy's handmaid's pube comb, there's your artifact."

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    I agree that Arms warriors should have gotten Gorehowl.

Could you imagine the different variants on what Gorehowl would have looked like (colors, upgraded, hidden, PVP, Challenge mode, etc.)?
    The Arcanite Bladebreaker could still have been the Hidden appearance. Would be a shame to let the re-textured Arcanite Reaper go to waste, after all. The upgraded skin would have probably had chains hanging form it too.

Hell, maybe have alternate dialogue when in Val'sharah. The Night Elves would probably be angry to see the axe that first slew Cenarius during the Third War.
    Like Alliance soliders commenting on the Doomhammer's part in slaying Lothar. Or pit lords get unique dialogue like dreadlord NPCs with the Ashbringer.
    That would have been cool, yes.

Arms artifact was a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Still think Arms should have got Shalamayne and Fury Ellemayne and Shalla'tor
    Either Shalamayne or the Ellemayne/Shalla'tor combo needed to be used for warrior. Varian died, it was the perfect opportunity.

I personally wanted Gorehowl for Arms and Ellemayne/Shalla'tor to push single minded fury.

Instead, one of the most iconic warrior weapons is being wielded by a child priest and another is probably still sitting in Sha of Pride's chamber.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-04-12 at 04:19 AM.

I actually think they all fit pretty well.

Elemental and Holy Paladins are clearly built around their WC3 units, which explains the fist weapon and 2-Hander which I thought was a pretty sweet touch.

What I mainly wish is that their had been an Argus suite of appearance themes for each weapon.

Like for the Ashbringer I really wanted a "mace" look using the Hammer of the Naaru only all white with a glowing silver hand in the middle of the crystal and on fire.

Or for a mace version of the Warswords for Fury where they were built like the giant crystal robots.

An updated version of the Apostle of Argus for Arcane where it had like tons of those glowing runes over it.

A more dreadlord themed version of Apocalypse and the Dreadscar Harvester.

That sort of thing. Otherwise I think they really managed to hit the nail on the head with a lot of it.

Who's moronic idea was it to give Elemental Shamans fucking fist weapons?! Cannot wait for BfA so I can dump that fist weapon and get back into having a hammer at my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    The Arms warrior weapon was pretty much a joke; Broxigar's axe would have been wayyyy better.
    this

10charect

Prot Pally should've been Hammer/Mace and Shield.

Vengeance Demon Hunter needed a better Warglaive as the one they got was pretty shit, art team should be ashamed of the poor art when so much of Legion had really good art etc. I know Having both specs using the same style of WG wouldn't make sense but still Blizz team could've came up with something better tbh.

Arms = Gorehowl

Fury = no idea what, but them swords look shit.

All hunter specs weapons looked like shit and it should've been a updated Rhok'delar for Marks, Survival a updated Rhok'delar Staff and BM should've used a better titan themed gun. ( I don't mind the hidden appearance for BM )

To me a lot of the Artifact weapons seemed rushed..

I would have prefered if none of the artifact weapons were major lore weapons. So no ashbringer or doomhammer. Weapons with some lore, but not being weapons of legends, were fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    All of the hunter weapons were pretty "meh" from a lore standpoint, but BM's absolutely should not have been a high-Titan-tech gun.

Marksmanship is the "sniper" spec.
    Survival is the "tech and bombs" spec.
    Beast Mastery is the "works well with the creatures of nature spec," and we get.... the LOUDEST weapon option, and the one most associated with hunting for SPORT.
    ???
    Marksmanship also applies to bows. The spec is based on the elven ranger unit in WC2/WC3, which used a bow.
    Hunters that use dogs to help them hunt use guns all the time with no problems. And if "works well with nature" is what a BM is, then why do they hunt animals?

I agree that the gun BM received was terrible. I would have made that spec's weapon a crossbow.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should've been less existing lore weapons and more new made up lore. just so when we are basically destroying them at the end it doesn't feel like a waste of lore heavy weapons.

Though I always find the stupidity of people that complain about new weapons because "omg they are just made up lore" its like well no shit all lore in a Fantasy video game is made up at some point.