Best user of Nightfall?

I see people arguing about Nightfall being used by retpalas or enhshamies but, what about this fury warrior spec designed about 2handers? https://classicwowtalents.appspot.co...05d5005010051r It seems to be able to do more DPS than the above classes.

The bigger concern isn't the damage dealt, as much as the buff uptime.

A hunter can actually provide a high uptime on the buff spamming wingclip.

As can any offtank warriors you might have in group, for fights where they aren't needed to tank... since they may not be dps optimized regardless.

Ret/Enhance are a tier below those.... I can't speak for Ret specifically... but Enhance is basically entirely useless unless they have a nightfall.

Not sure where a pure 2h Fury spec would really rate in there, but I'd imagine it's considered a waste.... as compared to the actual damage potential a properly geared Fury can do...... That being said, it also depends when nightfall is released on classic.... If memory serves 2h Fury was superior DPS in OG Vanilla in MC/BWL, and the intended DW fury only overtook it with AQ/Naxx Gear (and/or class revisions... I wasn't a warrior and I'm trying to go off 12 year old memory here.. so I could be mistaken).... and Nightfall itself wasn't in the game before AQ era.
    Last edited by Drosul; 2018-04-14 at 07:37 AM.

All offtanks should have a Nightfall crafted by the guild eventually. Same as they should have Annihilator (I think - the one with the stacking armour debuff). A ret should only use Nightfall really.

2H Fury should use BRE or TUB.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post

Not sure where a pure 2h Fury spec would really rate in there, but I'd imagine it's considered a waste.... as compared to the actual damage potential a properly geared Fury can do...... That being said, it also depends when nightfall is released on classic.... If memory serves 2h Fury was superior DPS in OG Vanilla in MC/BWL, and the intended DW fury only overtook it with AQ/Naxx Gear (and/or class revisions... I wasn't a warrior and I'm trying to go off 12 year old memory here.. so I could be mistaken).... and Nightfall itself wasn't in the game before AQ era.
    Nightfall was in fact released in the BWL patch, I'm going strictly off of memory here too but I think 2h fury was behind compared to one handers but the difference was negligible until AQ, but you also got to remember many warriors were specced for MS just so they could both pve and pvp.

On topic though, enhance definitely weren't the best for nightfall compared to OT's but at the same time I do think they are stronger than people realize just because they are bringing in an extra set of totems for a group that may not otherwise get one in the raid. You could of course just bring in another resto but at some point your raid only needs so many chain heals.

Give it to the warrior tanks for when they are offtanking,since you can change weapons in combat

As can any offtank warriors you might have in group, for fights where they aren't needed to tank... since they may not be dps optimized regardless.
    Yeah, dep on fight you wear your PvP gloves and spam hamstring. Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    I see people arguing about Nightfall being used by retpalas or enhshamies but, what about this fury warrior spec designed about 2handers? https://classicwowtalents.appspot.co...05d5005010051r It seems to be able to do more DPS than the above classes.
    As Gavll bellow already states. Nightfall should ONLY be used by offtanks along with Annihilator.
    The bigger concern isn't the damage dealt, as much as the buff uptime.

A hunter can actually provide a high uptime on the buff spamming wingclip.

Ret/Enhance are a tier below those.... I can't speak for Ret specifically... but Enhance is basically entirely useless unless they have a nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    All offtanks should have a Nightfall crafted by the guild eventually. Same as they should have Annihilator (I think - the one with the stacking armour debuff). A ret should only use Nightfall really.

2H Fury should use BRE or TUB.
    2h-fury is indeed VERY viable with several different weapons but especially with BRE. BRE is an absolute beast.

EDIT: For reference, I'm currently raiding 2h-fury with BRE and the dps-output is INSANE even competing against other dualwielders in Naxx-gear.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2018-04-16 at 07:50 AM.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis