Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is there any Artifacts you think should have been a different weapon

Yes, I know this is a little late

The point is there any weapon you feel should've been an artifact instead of what we actually got

For me:

Arms Warrior: Axe of Cenarius; I honestly feel that this weapon could've been used, sure Nature isn't really a theme Warriors have, but such a legendary weapon would've been a thrill to wield

Holy Priest: Fearbreaker; this weapon has been implied to have had healing powers when it was first given to Anduin, and it would've been a nice alternative to another staff

Enhancement Shaman: Sulfuras; This weapon is far cooler to me than the Doomhammer, and also would've allowed Thrall to keep the weapon that has been synonymous to him for decades, and honestly I think having Enhancement be a 2 hander wielder instead of a duel wielder

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post

The point is there any weapon you feel should've been an artifact instead of what we actually got

For me:

Arms Warrior: Axe of Cenarius; I honestly feel that this weapon could've been used, sure Nature isn't really a theme Warriors have, but such a legendary weapon would've been a thrill to wield

Holy Priest: Fearbreaker; this weapon has been implied to have had healing powers when it was first given to Anduin, and it would've been a nice alternative to another staff

Enhancement Shaman: Sulfuras; This weapon is far cooler to me than the Doomhammer, and also would've allowed Thrall to keep the weapon that has been synonymous to him for decades, and honestly I think having Enhancement be a 2 hander wielder instead of a duel wielder
    The Arms warrior weapon was pretty much a joke; Broxigar's axe would have been wayyyy better. Even then fury ones were pretty lame. Odyn is a clown.

For me:

Pretty much all the ones with "Titan" origins, The Non Frost Death Knight ones, The DH ones have Origins that are god damn jokes, The Resto Shaman one is absurd, The Doomhammer offhand is laughable considering there is A SECOND FUCKING DOOMHAMMER sitting in the AU shattrath bay (and no don't tell me the portal is closed cause mages get sent to Frostfire Randomly) annd..well most of the artifacts actually cause they were half assed.

Actually curious who currently has AU Doomhammer? Yrel or Durotan?

Anyway there are two which are downright swapped weapons, the windwalker monk weapon and the elemental shamen weapon. Like seriously their themes feel like they were intended the other way around.

As to weapons I downright felt were wrong? The Marksman Hunter bow. Like that thing a legendary just because it was wielded by Alleria? Never got the idea it was like something dating back to the sundering or something like that. I believe there actually was one bow of Azshara, now that might have been more interesting.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    Actually curious who currently has AU Doomhammer? Yrel or Durotan?

Anyway there are two which are downright swapped weapons, the windwalker monk weapon and the elemental shamen weapon. Like seriously their themes feel like they were intended the other way around.

As to weapons I downright felt were wrong? The Marksman Hunter bow. Like that thing a legendary just because it was wielded by Alleria? Never got the idea it was like something dating back to the sundering or something like that. I believe there actually was one bow of Azshara, now that might have been more interesting.
    You might be thinking of Frostfathom, Lady Vashj's bow

You might be thinking of Frostfathom, Lady Vashj's bow
    No I mean I remember she had a bow somewhere in the books, but can be mistaken.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Axe of Cenarius should have been arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    The Arms warrior weapon was pretty much a joke; Broxigar's axe would have been wayyyy better. Even then fury ones were pretty lame. Odyn is a clown.
    Aye, I couldn't stand Odyn halfway though the Quest line, and he's the cause of half his own problems, yet we're the ones that need to be tested before we can fix his "issues".

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a reforged version of the Hammer of Twilight for Priests or Shamans, but their weapons are already too cool.

the discipline staff should have been holy since it looks way more holy than the holy staff looks right now...

I think the concept of the player carrying this one unique lore weapon around is incredibly stupid and out of place for an MMO. We should have CRAFTED our own artifact weapon. What is more stupid than giving Ashbringer to every single retribution-paladin out there? To pack them all together in the exact same orderhall where they are constantly told that not only they are the leader of this entire place...but the wielder of the one and only artifact weapon.

Really...i liked having an artifact weapon from the mechanics POV...but there was absolutely no need to kill every single bit of immersion by having the entire expansion shit all over one of its core lore premisses all the time.

Imagine when you finally give up your artifact weapon....there will litterally be a line of (insert spec here) to throw in the xact same weapon. This is so incredibly stupid.

---

Considering the weapons that actually are in the game right now and imagining WoW would be a singleplayer game...i was most let down by Sub Rogue. There was absolutely no need for a second pair of daggers. Especially one that noone ever heard of before. It should have been a single ninja-blade. For example Hanzo's Blade, which may not be big in the lore...but every single rogue who played in vanilla knows this sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    Pretty much all the ones with "Titan" origins, The Non Frost Death Knight ones, The DH ones have Origins that are god damn jokes, The Resto Shaman one is absurd, The Doomhammer offhand is laughable considering there is A SECOND FUCKING DOOMHAMMER sitting in the AU shattrath bay (and no don't tell me the portal is closed cause mages get sent to Frostfire Randomly) annd..well most of the artifacts actually cause they were half assed.
    I'm pretty sure the portal *is* closed though, something to do with unlocking mag'har orcs has you asking the bronze dragonflight for help in getting to AU draenor.

For me:

I agree about the Arms Warrior, especially since Fury already used two-handed swords. As for the priest, I think 'Fearbreaker' would fit a holy paladin more, considering priests wielding staves is almost a staple of the class fantasy.

Enhancement shamans make sense to have the Doomhammer. It's basically a no-brainer. Elemental, though... them having a FIST weapon, of all things, really didn't sit well, for me.

Also, kinda off-topic but still related, I'm still salty about how the Havoc demon hunter acquires their weapons: the bad guy simply... drops the weapons. "I have no need of these weapons!" and runs away. Very, very underwhelming. A joke. All the other specs you fought to get your weapon, defeated powerful monsters, but Havoc DH? The guy just runs away and drops this weapons "because he feels like it."

Arms should have had Gorehowl. There was already an updated model for it, and it's not like it's seeing much use after Garrosh discarded it.

I'd rather have primal rage over void stuff when it comes to warriors. The more I think about it, Gorehowl would have been perfect given its history.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-04-05 at 01:36 AM.

All of the hunter weapons were pretty "meh" from a lore standpoint, but BM's absolutely should not have been a high-Titan-tech gun.

Marksmanship is the "sniper" spec.
    Survival is the "tech and bombs" spec.
    Beast Mastery is the "works well with the creatures of nature spec," and we get.... the LOUDEST weapon option, and the one most associated with hunting for SPORT.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    All of the hunter weapons were pretty "meh" from a lore standpoint, but BM's absolutely should not have been a high-Titan-tech gun.

Marksmanship is the "sniper" spec.
    Survival is the "tech and bombs" spec.
    Beast Mastery is the "works well with the creatures of nature spec," and we get.... the LOUDEST weapon option, and the one most associated with hunting for SPORT.
    ???
    I absolutely agree with the base premise here. The huntard weapons were all mismatched, well not all, I kinda liked the bow, but that is because I like bows in general and the lore behind it was okay enough. Definitely agree on the space gun and the weapon of the warrior Huln Highmountain.. but then I still think making one of the few ranged classes another melee is one of the dumbest ideas ever from an overall gameplay pov.

I hated that they pigeon-holed frost into a pure dual wield spec, that sucked balls. Unholy being the 2h spec will be an eternal gripe of mine.

While I like some of the Arms weapon skins, I think an axe would have worked better. To great potentials with Broxigar's Axe and Gorehowl were already mentioned. The fury ones had their best skin already with the first story unlock, that was a bit sad as well.

I was mostly okay with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronoo View Post
    Axe of Cenarius should have been arms.
    The closest look like the axe you can get for transmog is Betrayer of Humanity from Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I think the concept of the player carrying this one unique lore weapon around is incredibly stupid and out of place for an MMO. We should have CRAFTED our own artifact weapon. What is more stupid than giving Ashbringer to every single retribution-paladin out there? To pack them all together in the exact same orderhall where they are constantly told that not only they are the leader of this entire place...but the wielder of the one and only artifact weapon.

Really...i liked having an artifact weapon from the mechanics POV...but there was absolutely no need to kill every single bit of immersion by having the entire expansion shit all over one of its core lore premisses all the time.

Imagine when you finally give up your artifact weapon....there will litterally be a line of (insert spec here) to throw in the xact same weapon. This is so incredibly stupid.

---

Considering the weapons that actually are in the game right now and imagining WoW would be a singleplayer game...i was most let down by Sub Rogue. There was absolutely no need for a second pair of daggers. Especially one that noone ever heard of before. It should have been a single ninja-blade. For example Hanzo's Blade, which may not be big in the lore...but every single rogue who played in vanilla knows this sword.
    Maybe Blizz could have given Assassination Rogues some sort of katana used by an ancient Shado-pan hero, and Subtlety could of gotten the Kingslayers

I feel like Truthguard, the prot pally weapon, should have had a mace and not a sword. Feels weird to be a non Ret paladin with a sword.

Also think Gorehowl should have been arms warr wep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any weapon that didn't have lore prior to Legion. They had tons of reference material and they just pulled a Blizzard and pulled stuff out of their butt.