View Poll Results: Which was your favorite Raid from Legion?

Voters
147. This poll is closed
  • Emerald Nightmare

14 9.52%
  • Trial of Valor

11 7.48%
  • The Nighthold

82 55.78%
  • Tomb of Sargeras

16 10.88%
  • Antorus, The Burning Throne

24 16.33%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool Which was your favorite Raid from Legion?

With Battle for Azeroth just around the corner with only 4 months till they release new content, It's time to discuss which was our favorite Raid from legion.

In Every expansion there is always a favorite one.

For me since, I started to play this game my list is this one:

TBC - The Black Temple
    WolK - Ulduar
    Cata - Dragon Soul (mechanics were lazy but the lore was good)
    Mists - Throne of Thunder
    WoD - Blackrock Foundry
    Legion - Let's just see what people think

Vanilla: Naxxramas
    TBC: No favorite since these four were awsome. Kara, SSC, BT, SW.
    WoTLK: Ulduar, ICC
    Cata: Firelands
    Pandaria: ToT
    WoD: BRF
    Legion: To be really honest, none

7+ Year Old Account
    Man... 10 man Karazhan... Screw BT

Vanilla: ahn'qiraj (hate me)
    TBC: mount hyjal (yay, warctaft III))
    WoTLK: Ulduar (best raid ever)
    Cata: i hate them equally
    Pandaria: SoO (raiding orgrimmar felt great
    WoD: hellfire citadel (good ol' TBC memories)
    Legion: Nighthold.
    i choose Nighthold because it was a fun raid to play. After all, that's what really matters, having fun while you play.

Vanilla: Naxxramas
    To be fair, I didn't really play much of Vanilla, but if anything I'd probably pick Naxxramas.

TBC: Karazhan
    Played a bunch but raided very little. My few trips to Karazhan were amazing though.

Wrath: Ulduar
    Even less raiding than in TBC, so gonna throw out a guess and imagine it'd be Ulduar.

Cata: Blackwing Descent
    First expansion where I really raided and loved the feel of the place, as well as most of the bosses.

Mists: Throne of Thunder
    Slightly less raiding this time around and while I only went through LFR's Throne of Thunder, it was still the superior raid.

Warlords: Blackrock Foundry
    Finally an expansion where I raided all around with Blackrock Foundry being awesome and epic.

Legion: Nighthold
    Apparently a difficult choice right now, but I was never good at picking favorites anyway. Guess it just annoyed me slightly less than Antorus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know. Antorus is too easy even on heroic, Tomb wasn't so memorable and some bosses were frustrating, same for Nighthold (Elisande/herbalist guy)... Maybe Emerald Nightmare because I like the theme. Or Trial of Valor because, while it was a modest raid, it gave closure to lore I liked. I always appreciate small raids that tell you how a storyline ends.

Not too bad overall. The worst raid I've ever lived is still Blackrock Foundry. That place destroyed WoD for me.

naxx
    kara
    eye of eternity
    firelands
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    lol
    Nighthold

Everyone listing their faves from all expacs + Vanilla smh.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Deleted
    Your favorite raid in Legion is: "Let's wait to see what people think"?
    Well, that's one way to form an opinion....

For me it's Antorus.

For previous ones it would be:
    Classic - only seen MC, ZG and Onyxia's lair back in the day, so MC
    TBC - seen them all, but i gotta go with Karazhan; while ZA also felt refreshing
    WotLK - Icecrown Citadel, being the 1st time i got to the last boss on highest difficulty by the time of expansion end
    Cataclysm - not particulary fond of either raid from the expansion, but Firelands will have to do
    MoP - Siege of Orgrimmar, would probably be Throne of Thunder, but i skipped half the expansion
    WoD - Blackrock Foundry

Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold are close together. I liked the way EN was structured and even with a more casual raiding schedule it was easily possible to clear the raid on mythic within the time it was current. The lore also was good and especially relevant for druids. On the other hand the place just looked like shit. Nighthold was beatiful, the encounters were the right mix of fun and challenging, but I would have liked a little bit more time to progress given the increased number of bosses. It also put the cap on the great zone of Suramar. So overall I think Nighthold edges it out as my favorite raid this expansion. ToS and Antorus were just green shitholes, can't stand both of them.

5+ Year Old Account
    For me, it was Emerald Nightmare. The boss encounters were a bit tedious now and then, but the setting and lore was absolutely brilliant.

Nighthold by far.

It had a refreshing atmosphere of elven structure, something that very few raids actually have (all that comes to my mind atm is Sunwell).

The bosses in there were the best implemented imo both in visuals, mechanics and actual difficulty progression.
    I loved how the three parts of the raid presented different vibes and difficulty, and every boss had very interesting mechanics.

Even the more "Patchwerk" fights (Krosus and Star Auger) had awsome visuals and mechanics that were pretty unique and fit the theme of the fight.

Honestly, this is the only raid in Legion i felt good about farming and loved every single boss. I am even looking forward to solo farming the Guldan HC mount and not skipping the other bosses.

Madness will consume you!!!

Trial of Valor for me. I know that for a lot of people it'll either be seen as filler, or as overly tedious, but for me, it was my first experience of challenging raid content, and I loved the satisfaction of downing actually challenging bosses.

Invalid poll since you forgot to put a "none" option.

Probably Tomb, or EN. Nighthold had its moments, but some of the fights were flat out dogshit. Can't comment on Aunt Horace, I had left before it opened.

I think I enjoyed the 5 mans more than the raids overall in this expansion.

All of the raids in Legion were really boring
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Considering everything, I'd have to say Nighthold. It still had a nice progression curve (except pre-nerf Augur/Elisande), and groups had the choice to progress the middle bosses in whichever way they preferred. The instance was seamlessly connected to the city of Suramar and its surroundings, and the story was set up pretty nicely.

Antorus was honestly a great raid, but my issue with it was the structure. Way too many portals, and you barely even notice it's there while you're questing on Argus. Unlike Nighthold, it was missing that grandiose feeling, similar to stuff like AQ40, Ulduar, or ToT.

EDIT: Also, Star Augur was IMO one of the best designed bosses in the game, even if the tuning was really fucked at first. Simple mechanics in a small room, but everything fit together really well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Antorus was honestly a great raid, but my issue with it was the structure. Way too many portals, and you barely even notice it's there while you're questing on Argus. Unlike Nighthold, it was missing that grandiose feeling, similar to stuff like AQ40, Ulduar, or ToT.
    Major thing that was missing from Antorus is some "Legion throne room" - we saw big battle, Army HQ, portal center, weapon factory and core of planet (this was closest to what I imagined), but I would like to see Kil'jaeden's Palace teased in "Illidan" book, even if KJ himself was gone already.

And if we speak about outdoor look, ToS beats Nighthold. View on felstorm above Tomb (visible from all Broken Isles) was more intimidating than whole Argus.

I'll add my list here aswell:

Vanilla: Blackwing Lair
    TBC: The Black Temple
    WotLK: The Obsidian Sanctum - I loved tanking Sartharion 3 drakes
    Legion: Tomb of Sargeras - Didn't kill KJ mythic but I did like the raid alot

Nighthold for me.

I liked that we helped the Nightborne get it back from the Legion, as their storyline was my favorite of this expansion.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...