Status of Forsaken Holdings After Battle for Lordaeron

From what I've seen, and please correct if I'm wrong, we don't actually have concrete evidence of who holds what in Lordaeron yet. We know that Tirisfal is lost to the Horde, but do we know anything about the control of Hillsbrad, Silverpine, and Andorhal?

They sacrificed everything for the Horde. What have you given?

If the new Warfront is any indication, it would seem like the Horde still holds Hillsbrad and Andorhal up to Silvermoon (more or less), but I would think Silverpine would fall as Gilnaes troops move towards Hillsbrad and the non-Blighted bits of Tirisfal. The Horde either making a stand in Arathi Highlands or attempting to take Stromgarde so they can use it as a makeshift port to attack Gilnaes while also blocking Alliance movements towards Silvermoon.

However it would make sense for the High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves, who are in the Hinterlands, to assist with both Stromgarde and Andorhal on the Alliance path towards Silvermoon.

There is no actual word on what is going on with the other parts of the reclaims bits of the Plaguelands. The former Argent Dawn, Agent Crusade, and also the Scarlet Crusade areas (like Tyr's Hand, which should have been cleared out by now), and if they would remain neutral or if they will reestablish ties to the Alliance as it attempt to retake all of Lordaeron from the Horde/Scourge. I mean if the Alliance can break though Andorhal, they will pass those areas on the way towards Silvermoon, and Silvermoon is not exactly undefended....they have likely fixed, or at least patched up the magical defense systems Arthas had to break through during the Third War, and the remaining Amani Trolls will not like there are invaders a coming either (thus an opening for a Horde invite).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    If the new Warfront is any indication, it would seem like the Horde still holds Hillsbrad and Andorhal up to Silvermoon (more or less), but I would think Silverpine would fall as Gilnaes troops move towards Hillsbrad and the non-Blighted bits of Tirisfal. The Horde either making a stand in Arathi Highlands or attempting to take Stromgarde so they can use it as a makeshift port to attack Gilnaes while also blocking Alliance movements towards Silvermoon.

However it would make sense for the High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves, who are in the Hinterlands, to assist with both Stromgarde and Andorhal on the Alliance path towards Silvermoon.

There is no actual word on what is going on with the other parts of the reclaims bits of the Plaguelands. The former Argent Dawn, Agent Crusade, and also the Scarlet Crusade areas (like Tyr's Hand, which should have been cleared out by now), and if they would remain neutral or if they will reestablish ties to the Alliance as it attempt to retake all of Lordaeron from the Horde/Scourge. I mean if the Alliance can break though Andorhal, they will pass those areas on the way towards Silvermoon, and Silvermoon is not exactly undefended....they have likely fixed, or at least patched up the magical defense systems Arthas had to break through during the Third War, and the remaining Amani Trolls will not like there are invaders a coming either (thus an opening for a Horde invite).
    To be honest i just don't see how the Horde can even try to hold Arathi..just think of it, to the North is clearly Alliance zone by now, to the south is core Dwarven lands, which are very very powerful force, to the east they have Gilneas and Kultiras by now, i just don't see how the Horde can push at the same time to Elves in Kalimdor, and hold Allince in eastern kingdoms, it seems like fanservice to me

They are pushing elves too hard to have big forces in EK, but thanks to Blizz favoritism to Horde, they have..i really don't know how the hell BE, Taurens and others are looking how Forsaken blighting everything and we have now 3 zones of blight Tirisfal, Gilneas, Hillsbrad..

When Sylvanas lose she use blight, when she will lose Silvermoon for example, by diplomatics or guns what will she do?

I would assume they still have silverpine and hilsbrad, with arathi being a contested zone (warfronts). They have quite a fortified presence in hilsbrad, gilneas is still under occupation/plague afaik and the alliance made landfall in the most ludicrous way by coming from the north towards lordaeron. Andorhal should also still be in their hands, shouldn't it?

For the whole conflict in Arathi to make sense the horde needs to have at least hilsbrad and probably silverpine as well. If the alliance fully took back all of the plague lands as well as gilneas then there would be no reason to fight in arathi as, the horde wouldn't even have a supply line there, unless we attack by ship from the pirate cove; lol.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-04-16 at 08:10 AM.

Deleted
    I really don't understand how any of this is going to work in the game. Will these zones be redesigned? Will they be phased? What will happen to Nigh Elf and Undead starting experience and all the quests tied to these areas?

Deleted
    The zones will be phased but for 110+ only, I guess there will be something familiar like talking to a bronze dragon to switch between.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    From what I've seen, and please correct if I'm wrong, we don't actually have concrete evidence of who holds what in Lordaeron yet. We know that Tirisfal is lost to the Horde, but do we know anything about the control of Hillsbrad, Silverpine, and Andorhal?
    This Q&A from BlizzCon notes they still hold land; Silverpine and Hillsbrad are named.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    This Q&A from BlizzCon notes they still hold land; Silverpine and Hillsbrad are named.
    The unspoken implication then is that the Night Elves will hold on to some territory in Kalimdor too.

I figure Feathermoon Stronghold in Western Feralas will be a major Alliance base from now on.

Maybe a presence in Felwood too...but considering the novella shows the Horde has taken Astrannar I presume they'll be completely ousted from Ashenvale.

And weren't their rumors the Alliance is going to rebuild Theramore to facilitate their push into the Barrens for the Warfront we all know is coming?
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-04-16 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The unspoken implication then is that the Night Elves will hold on to some territory in Kalimdor too.

I figure Feathermoon Stronghold in Western Feralas will be a major Alliance base from now on.

Maybe a presence in Felwood too...but considering the novella shows the Horde has taken Astrannar I presume they'll be completely ousted from Ashenvale.

And weren't their rumors the Alliance is going to rebuild Theramore to facilitate their push into the Barrens for the Warfront we all know is coming?
    I don't know for sure about Theramore but I could totally see Jaina wanting to rebuild it and use as a major point to push the war on Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They own everything except Tirisfal which is plagued and worthless to either side.

I hope Blizzard doesn't can the other Horde's races holdings because of what the Forsaken are doing. Should rather can them and everything they own if they plan on taking any holdings away throughout BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hillsrbrad is a bit unknown, but if Gilneas is taken back and Lordaeron is fallen to the Alliance, Silverpine is most certainly also gone from the grasp of the Horde. Maybe Hillsbrad is gone away too, but that is not something that is quite clear...... We might see that the Bulwark will now work the other way around, instead of keeping the scourge out of Tirisfall, it might be used to keep the Alliance out of the Plaquelands.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Well after this expansion none of that will matter, we will all be Friends again because of the Void, and very likely we will be able to do LFG and LFR cross faction when that happens . Make love not Warcraft!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sáfarie View Post
    The zones will be phased but for 110+ only, I guess there will be something familiar like talking to a bronze dragon to switch between.
    This will probably happen. Although I hope not, as this is one of the most retarded things added.

Deleted
    Only the Undercity gets destroyed, together with Brill.

The Alliance neither conquers Tirisfal, become Shamans block their way to the south and north with massive earth walls. And the other Holdings of the Forsaken are still in their hands so far.

5+ Year Old Account
    They will be ignored by Blizzard and maybe in Chronicles 8 we will get a footnote that tells us, what happened to them in that timeframe.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    considering the novella shows the Horde has taken Astrannar I presume they'll be completely ousted from Ashenvale.
    Wasn't there an agreement between Tyrande and Vol'jin, by the end of MoP, that gave the entirety of Azahara to the Horde in exchange of the whole Ashenvale for the Alliance (or NEs, more specifically)? I always thought that lorewise, the Horde had completely withdrawn from Ashenvale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Wasn't there an agreement between Tyrande and Vol'jin, by the end of MoP, that gave the entirety of Azahara to the Horde in exchange of the whole Ashenvale for the Alliance (or NEs, more specifically)? I always thought that lorewise, the Horde had completely withdrawn from Ashenvale
    Even if there was I think it's pretty much in the trashcan at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Ah, thank you for that link