Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    My dad, holy crap I had to be the best in everything.
    And if I wasn't, I would still get the top grade.

College Spanish Professor. Showed up to class a grand total of 5 times the entire semester, not really sure how that is possible and still keeping the job. My final was a conversation in Spanish with a classmate.

She was going through some serious personal shit which was why she was gone all the time, but I learned absolutely nothing that semester, but I met my requirement got the A and moved on so....yay?

10+ Year Old Account
    My 11th grade English teacher. I was a really good student all throughout school. I made mostly As, took all honors/ap courses, etc... This teacher just seemed to single me out and make life as hard as possible. She was very strict and nitpicky towards me specifically and always seemed to be over my shoulder, listening to my conversations, etc... She also clearly hadn't wanted to be a teacher, and in every class she would go on a rant about her "careless" younger sister who was obviously having a much more adventurous and exciting life in other countries.

I've got a handful of honorable mentions, but they were more just incompetent/lazy than malicious.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    History teacher my junior year. he would say sexual things to girls in my class, by the end of my JR year there wasn't hardly a girl in my class. One of my friends told me that she dropped his class because he said her butt looked nice.
    I had a drivers ed teacher like that. Well, he said a girl looked better in the front then the back. He was making a joke about her seating arrangement, but it was enough to get him fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely my math teacher in high school.
    He was a mean, sad little man who tried in every way to make people's life miserable. Beside him the others were really great teachers overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a teacher in High School...her class consisted of her bitching at us for one reason or the other and 4 out of 5 days in the week she'd read the newspaper.

The gym teacher in 3rd-5th grade.

He hated girls, it was so obvious it wasn't even funny. He didn't think we could handle certain sports (badminton, baseball, football) and would always divide us into a guys/girls group for each class. The guys got to play sports, he sent us girls out for a walk since we "needed to stay slim".

Aside from him, I've always gotten along with and respected my teachers.

Never had a bad teacher through 12th grade. Of course I had some I preferred, but never a bad teacher.

I did have a weather sciences elective course my sophmore year that was awful. Prof gave little to no lecture, and tested on the wrong materials. She was testing us on the next level coursework instead of the basic 101 which is what the class was supposed to be. Found out towards the middle of the term she was retiring and pretty much phoning it in.
    When 95% of the class was under 1.5 at the midterm, we collectively went to the dean on it. Wound up getting the class dropped without record of it, and were all refunded for the class.
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    Any teacher that made me do a presentation in-front of the class. I had and still have no problem making a prat of myself VOLUNTARILY, but make me do something out of my comfort zone and I'll hate you forever. Even to this day I hate speaking or doing anything to large groups just because you tell me to, if I want to answer I will, if I don't then pick somebody else to play jester for your amusement.
    That just sounds inflexible, which isn't a desirable trait for any employer. This teacher was probably trying to get you out of your comfort zone because that's when some of the best learning happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    History teacher my junior year. he would say sexual things to girls in my class, by the end of my JR year there wasn't hardly a girl in my class. One of my friends told me that she dropped his class because he said her butt looked nice.

This same teacher also opened my eyes how triggered people can be when it comes to politics. Some guys in my class were discussing the election, that they supported Bush and he went the fuck off on them like they kicked his dog.

Yeah he was a real piece of shit.
    Sounds like he should be fired for harassment.

I had a grade 5 teacher that carried pieces of chalk in his mouth, between his teeth and his cheek, and if you pissed him off (talking, not paying attention etc) he would take a piece out and throw it at you. He was also prone to kicking the metal garbage can across the room. This was in the 1970s, but to this day I am still amazed he wasn't fired or arrested. He did get a beat down once, when he hit one of the kids in the face with the chalk. The kid's big brother, who was a bouncer at the local pub, went down and broke his forearm right in the classroom.

I once had an English teacher in early high school that was a total asshole. He barely cared about teaching his subject and treated the kids with active disdain. If you asked for help you basically ended up on his shit list, not that he was much help to begin with. He liked to use public humiliation and social pressure to get a class to bully the kids he didn't like. English was one of my better subjects so i didn't interact with him much, but he did do it too me once. I doodled some stuff on the extra piece of paper we got for making notes during a test, which I turned in by accident. Afterwards he held it up while standing in the middle of the class 'praising' me for my art. Not quite pedo level i know, but worst day ever for a 13 year old.

There was also a French teacher who was universally loathed by every class that had her. She was notoriously strict and unwilling to adapt to kids that needed it or compromise for the kids convenience (e.g. reschedule a test in case there were multiple ones on the same day). A particular class and her hated each other so much it was the talk of the school how the evil witch screwed them over. Dunno how bad it really was, but eventually a couple of the kids from that class threw bricks through her classroom windows with some nice messages on them (she wasn't in luckily). One of them got caught and expelled.

A professor i had in college for a course in methodology was perfectly fine as a teacher, but an obnoxiously vain and proud person beyond that. When we asked what to expect and not to expect in the term exam she noted a few things we didn't have to study for. Of course those ended up in the test, she denied that she had said she would exclude that, her classes were recorded, so she basically told us tough shit. So we went to the examination commission of the university, guess who headed it at the time, guess what their decision was about our exam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

i had one music teacher in elementary school almost choke me out. Turns out i was not the only one. My father had a lot of fun doing the same to him.

Almost got me kicked out of school system because of it

Now that i look back and talked to some friends, i totally deserved it.

i also had a sex ed teacher, no joke a women who was just as hot as the girls on hot for teacher, around the same year it came out. no freaking idea why she was also teaching boys but holy hell she was the worst teacher because everyone had freaking boners and it was so uncomfortable doing presentations about condoms in front of the class. i still remember the sweat on several occasions in her class when fearing i would be called on.....

Ms. Janet. First grade in catholic school. I honestly attribute her as the start of my shyness/anxiety growing up. She used to bring kids to the front of the class and berate them if they did something wrong. I took two pieces of construction paper once, instead of the one I was given (I cut my circle wrong so I went to start over) and she made me stand at the blackboard while she shouted at me. She'd get the class in on it too, asking the other students to explain why I was in the wrong

I had trouble tying my shoes once, so I ask my best friend if he would help me. She saw, had me go to the front of the class and asked me why I didn't know how to tie my shoes; that I should know better by now, and that no one else had a problem with it, so why did I?

Horrible woman.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Holy shit! I feel like we need to hear this story.
    He was a really nice guy and all the boys respected him, more than just about every other teacher in the school. I remember that you had to shower on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but if you took a voluntary shower on the other days, you'd get points. Once you had enough points, you could spend them to buy candy or leave class early. It didn't seem strange at the time, but we were 13 lol. Later on, someone found a camera he had drilled into the ceiling of the locker room and they quietly fired him (after he was arrested). Not sure where he is now.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not remember any of my teachers being bad. I do remember one which was hot however.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't recall any bad teachers (content/intelligence wise) but some were just bad people.

When I was in third grade my class went out to a track to do a mile run, I had just had a surgery on my hips a few weeks before, still had stitches... I couldn't participate so I sat on a bench and waited. My science teacher came over and asked me why I wasn't participating, I told her about the surgery and she said it sounded like an excuse for me to be lazy and then started to berate me about how lazy I was and how I was going to get fat because of my inactivity and laziness.

I got suspended in fourth grade for "starting a fight"... Some kid told me to give him something and I said no and he proceeded to punch me in the face... The teacher instantly pulled him away from, I never threw any punches or did anything at all other than say no. Everyone else around confirmed it as well, she still wrote it up as me starting a fight.

I moved and went to a new school in fifth grade. My math class was just starting a new unit that my old school had already done and I finished the practice work instantly. Sitting around with no work to do I would just doodle on the back of my paper waiting for her to collect it. During one exercise she saw this (within a minute or two of handing it out) and asked me why I wasn't doing my work, I said I was already finished. She then proceeded to shout something about me being a smart aleck as she came to look at my work and when she picked it up I just explained how my old school already covered this so I knew how to do it well. Apparently she felt insulted by this or something, so she singled me out to solve problem on the board the rest the quarter "since I seemed to think I knew everything..."

In college (I went to a state school), almost all professors I had who went to an Ivy League school (mostly brand new adjuncts) were pretty smug about it... Just acted superior to everyone in all situations. One time I heard one of them literally say the phrase "I graduated from Harvard so I think I know what I am talking about...". Shit was insufferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of my 'bad' teachers were in college but by then you learn that no matter how shit the teacher is, your grade is your responsibility.

The only particularly bad teacher I had in high school was my freshman history teacher. The subject was world history focusing on European medieval whatever - emphasis on the Catholic church. It was absolutely terrible. No one knew what was going all, everything just sort if blended together in a convoluted soap opera with no plot and terrible writing. This was the honors class mind you and know one make heads or tails out of anything. The teacher basically read us to sleep with incoherent gibberish or went on tangents about his mock trial club (ironically we never did any trial reenactments. He eventually got replaced in the middle of the semester (dont remember why), the teacher who replaced him was like the actual Renaissance in comparison.

The private school I went to had special type of bad teacher. We went through 3 science teachers in one year (mind you the science teacher oversaw the entire high school curriculum). First was a lady with no teaching experience who tried to be out councilor. She we come hungover (Christian school) and leave us to our own devices. She commonly engaged in high school girl gossip, only second to middle school gossip on the level of catiness. She was eventually replaced by a church member who had a science related degree but no teaching background. He needed a job and was actually one of the best science teachers Ive had. He cleaned up the previous teachers mess by basically restarting the entire gradebook (half her shit was illegible). He taught us fundamentals, important concepts, biology (Christian school with a few legit young earthera so he had a challenge), taught us how to separate science and religion - perhaps reconciling the two for 'either or' people, taught us math, and lifeskills. He was canned for wanting change a test or something (ultimately a young earther who gave the school money complained. Then we had a very special teacher...She taught us young earth Christian science (biology)until we got to chemistry (lots of math) in which she was clueless. No lie, the few of us dual enrolled at the local community college basically taught the math. She showed us some graphic biology videos without warning. Imagine a bunch of 15 year olds suddenly watching live birth...at a Christian school with a bunch of sheltered kids. I would walk in the class whenver I wanted (not something to brag about now) because there was literally nothing she could teach me. She forced me to take the final exam (school policy said I was exempt) and I ended up breaking the curve for the rest of the class by 15 points. She once made billowing yellowish gas that stunk of sulfur/eggs and caused us to evacuate 3 classrooms. The lady taught for several more years.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-04-17 at 12:08 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    I got one right off the bat, Grade 1. She was overly-strict. She was shrill. One of my classmates was her niece, so she got special treatment over everyone else. In this class you got in trouble just for talking out of turn, even during free time. She kept people from recess and constantly wrote names on the board to publicly shame. Terrible teacher. To top it all off, she spoke a different language for half the day--which was ridiculous.

The rest of my teachers, from K-12 were all fantastic. It was only this one and it pains me to this day that she just had to be my teacher in Grade 1.
    i would have probably made her life a living hell when i was in first grade. i was always talking out of turn and getting into all sorts of trouble due to my adhd. i was basically a mini bart simpson for pretty much my entire elementary and middle school years. there wasn't a single day where i wasn't getting into some kind of trouble. and my parents did not take kindly to teachers who mistreated me.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2018-04-17 at 12:53 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Devil's advocate, I don't know your situation but here's what happens with my kids:

Algebra II (which is what I'm assuming you took in 10th grade) is kind of the moment where "good" students who are bad at math fall to pieces. You end up with a lot of kids who've been doing well in Algebra I and Geometry, but then Algebra II is much harder. Algebra II is the first course a lot of kids take where basically everyone is planning to go to college. As a result, the difficulty level skyrockets. They stop spoon feeding you a series of steps to follow and instead start asking you to interpret and analyze things like parabolas.

Also, Algebra II is where you actually need to have really good grasp of basic multiplication in order to do factoring, and a lot of kids have been using calculators for half a decade and have forgotten all about it.

Commonly, what happens is you have students who are shaky but have gotten by in previous classes by memorizing steps without really building an understanding. They get to Algebra II and that just doesn't work anymore, and at the same time they have to actually know their times tables and effortlessly apply basically every skill they learned up through Algebra I.

It's not necessarily the Algebra II teacher who is bad, it's that the typical progression is set up so that Algebra II is the place where the whole house of cards built on sand falls to pieces, and it isn't pretty.
    it was geometry and either Algebra I or II don't recall how my old HS did it.... and that's exactly what my mother thought (Cause i hate math) till she meet the teacher herself. Then she understood there was just something there for whatever reasons that was held against me. I guess in hindsight i was in JROTC so maybe she didn't like that... Never really thought about that in HS, but that exact thing did happen in College where my freshman English teacher saw me walking in uniform for the first time and "great i have a cadet in, ROTC is basically the nazi youth core, and the entire DoD should be defended and the money used on education to prevent wars" had i not been an ignorant stupid freshman i would have went to the dean but i made it through that class with a "C"
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Worst teacher? Hmm I have 2 canditates both from elementary school. One was teacher of religious studies and music that was kinda crazy. He was old man and some people heard he was somewhat of an alcoholic which wasn't confirmed, but I wouldn't be suprised if he wasnt. Weirdly enough he never really clashed with me despite being rather religious and me being atheist didn't bother him as I would keep it to myself. Anyway for the actual stupid things he did: He got pissed off at almost every boy expect me out of the class. Reason I wasn't kicked out was because I was able to play piano. At some point after a lesson I was pushed by classmate of mine and we both got detention there (great victim blaming there).

Now for the other teacher that was for physical ed. He wasn't actually that bad of a teacher when I was there and he had this weird course where we would practise for a camping trip. Going for night orienteering, exploring the area where we would camp (which was pretty close to garbage dump so it smelled pretty bad there sometimes). The creeppy part wasn't this, but about 6 years after I was in high school and he had actually shot his 2 kids and attempted to kill his wife and then killed himself. Good thing he wasn't fucked up back in the day I was at school. It's kinda sad how he had to take his kids away when he did it. Apparently he was some ex UN peackeeper so maybe that fucked up his mind a bit or something.