Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

A simple idea for old raids

At the moment old raids, especially the classic ones, are a joke when you are at max lvl. Like 1 single click and epic bosses die like flies.

Why not making the raid SCALING based on your gear, level and number of people?
    Imagine Ahn' Qiraj with 40 men, the units and bosses will be scaled up like current flex system, and their damage too.
    Eventually, even their drop could give the same items, but scaled up to your average ilvl aswell, while mantaining the same model.

With this we could have all the old raids with the OPTION to be challengable and useful.

It's a revolutionary idea!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It's a revolutionary idea!
    Damn I'm afraid you are sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    It'd be almost like.. hmmm.. Walking back in Time!
    I don't think they are talking about the Time Walking Setup.

They mean all the time 24/7 that can scale from 1-40 people and be based on there gear/character level. Time walking only scales you down to the raids level.

Op wants the raids to scale to you not you to it like TW does.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    It'd be almost like.. hmmm.. Walking back in Time!
    Wait, I got it. We'll call it Timewalking

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    At the moment old raids, especially the classic ones, are a joke when you are at max lvl. Like 1 single click and epic bosses die like flies.

Imagine Ahn' Qiraj with 40 men, the units and bosses will be scaled up like current flex system, and their damage too.
    Eventually, even their drop could give the same items, but scaled up to your average ilvl aswell, while mantaining the same model.

With this we could have all the old raids with the OPTION to be challengable and useful.
    because it would be far, far too much in terms of sources of gear. if you did that you would basically be devaluing the current raids in terms of quality - people would go back and farm old content for trinkets etc which the devs do not want - they want people to get gear from the current expansion, not previous ones. and yeah, we have timewalking but the dungeons themselves do not reward gear that is comparable to current raid gear. the cache you get after doing 5 does, but thats not directly from the dungeon.

Oh, no I was talking about a a feature called "Walking back in Time". It's like totally different from Timewalking.
    Blizzard should implement that as a option for those who don't want to do TW.
    Because we need this.
    Oh thought u was making a joke my fault then.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

That's time walking without the interference of the men in suits.
    Not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    Doubt a lot of people would like it.. Consider people cry when content is out for two months then its already “old”

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, lets do this, and we'll wave goodbye to even more subscribers and you'll see zero benefit from this outside of the momentary 'Oh my' factor.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    That change was made by request from the players. Yes, some people actually like it. Yes, it should remain that way. Yes, your idea is basically Timewalking.

Didnt they do this with black temple not so long ago? or maybe it was another timewalker raid...

Some mechanics just dont translate well to 2018 wow, so they need to edit a few bosses (i think that was one of the reasons for not just flipping the switch)

As far as i know its something they are interested in, but i doubt they will flip the switch for all at once, but rather trickle them in one month at a time and make them more like a brawl type deal so it doesnt compete with max level content

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of balancing required to convert all the old raids to timewalking scaling would literally cost us a raid tier probably.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let's completely destroy old raid transmog farming by requiring 40 people again, right?

Otherwise, it's timewalking Raids, and they already added 2 of those, with likely 1-3 more during BfA.

Scaling down everyone to a Template is much easier to handle then having scaling up.

Having some level 110 trying to heal a 119 in Legion normal dungeon is still awkward cause of the HP difference.

It's even worse when it's some level 20 trying to heal a 110, during like valentine,brewfest,hallows end bosses.

Low level scaling for damage done/damage taken is fine, but it's better to have everyone on similar health to have balance, so Timewalking's scaling is better imo.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-20 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The amount of balancing required to convert all the old raids to timewalking scaling would literally cost us a raid tier probably.
    probably 2 or 3 actually.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    or how about we dont fuck with my mog runs?

if you want more old raids to be brought back up, just wait till they add them to timewalking.

Formerly known as Arafal

imho - they should just add the old raids into LFD for leveling (ex - when you queue in LFD in WoD, you get the dungeons and raids). Then, at least people could see them for what they were when relevant, gain some xp, maybe some cool mogs, etc... Plus, you would still be able to mog/mount farm outside of that system if you wanted, so there would be no negative impact to the farming community.

no ty they are just doen for mog/mounts then ppl dont go back id rather they were left as they are

People would be pissed because they can no longer farm transmogs.
    People would be pissed because then they would have to run raid x from expansion y to farm trinket z. Knowing Blizzard, they would make those trinkets able to titanforge.
    People would be pissed because they would have to do that with every new addon (and actually every new tier).

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

7+ Year Old Account

No. No and No.. you want it to scale go do it at current conetnt when you level of raid... there is no need for a clusterfluck like that needed in game and if so make it only optional besides blizzard would only do such things fvor timewalking only.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396