Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    don't need that losers protection.
    No shit. Dude couldn't even save his own son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CSINada View Post
    Poor guy, probably didnt pay off someone so they decided to destroy him If you think that the charges were real by the way, you must be really, really dumb
    Yeah clearly he rebelled against the lizard overlords and they destryed him in revenge
    He should've known you never cross the lizards and come out unscathed.
    Ily mmoc

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Free man now:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby...ry?id=78582000

"Bill Cosby is to be released from prison Wednesday after his conviction on sexual assault charges was overturned by Pennsylvania's highest court."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Free man now:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-cosby...ry?id=78582000

"Bill Cosby is to be released from prison Wednesday after his conviction on sexual assault charges was overturned by Pennsylvania's highest court."
    "In a ruling released Wednesday, the state Supreme Court concluded that Cosby's prosecution should never have occurred due to a deal the comedian cut with former Montgomery County prosecutor Bruce Castor, who agreed not to criminally prosecute Cosby if he agreed to give a deposition in a civil case brought against him by Constand."

So not that he wasn't guilty to begin with. Lol. What a shitty technicality.

He should still be in there.

Just to be clear. He did it, but is getting out due to an earlier immunity deal about him giving info about a civil cause. Still a huge scum bag.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    (hope you don't mind me putting in a small edit of your quote from ABC )

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    "In a ruling released Wednesday, the state Supreme Court concluded that Cosby's prosecution should never have occurred due to a deal the comedian [sexual assaulter] cut with former Montgomery County prosecutor Bruce Castor, who agreed not to criminally prosecute Cosby if he agreed to give a deposition in a civil case brought against him by Constand."

So not that he wasn't guilty to begin with. Lol. What a shitty technicality.

He should still be in there.
    Pretty solid technicality. The issue was Cosby providing a deposition in a civil case in 2005, with the promise that it would not be used against him in a criminal prosecution. Frankly, it's a good call - and I'm actually surprised Cosby was in for that long, given this technicality.

I do LOVE that he was in there for 3 years though. For anyone that's a LONG time, relatively speaking - for someone over 80 - it could have killed him, and certainly shortened his life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Just to be clear. He did it, but is getting out due to an earlier immunity deal about him giving info about a civil cause. Still a huge scum bag.
    Agreed. Glad they at least got three years though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Prosecutors in the US are so damn dirty. The number of people in prison because of dubious deals and shit is probably depressingly high.
    Which has fuck-all to do with this situation, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Which has fuck-all to do with this situation, of course.
    nah it does, it shows how those people still sitting in prison without millions of dollars in lawyers will never be able to get out because of a technicality because they can't afford to find one.

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Thought a bot bumped this old thread...

JFC is the justice system fucked when technicalities can set you free and impervious to future charges...

Trump will likely have him over for dinner soon.

Honest question, you think they'd do a reboot of The Cosby Show now that he's finally out of prison?

Prosecutors made a deal...and fucked their own case up by not honoring it.
    Still almost 3yrs in. Now he can run for a political office somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    nah it does, it shows how those people still sitting in prison without millions of dollars in lawyers will never be able to get out because of a technicality because they can't afford to find one.

Yeah, prosecutors can lie to you, violate deals with you, and you still end up in prison because you can't afford to hold them accountable. Justice.

It's a sad day when this disgusting pervert gets to walk free.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

Well, there is that.

I'm just glad that despite all of Cosby's money and his wife's insanity of "standing by him" he still go almost three years in a state prison. I'm gonna call that a win.

And that deal from 2005 must not have been THAT clear, because HEY HEY HEY, everyone knew about it, and it was still allowed as admissible, and he was still convicted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    It's a sad day when this disgusting pervert gets to walk free.
    It sure is. However, he is 83 years old and completely blind. So I'm not too miffed about it. And apparently has a bad case of dementia.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-06-30 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Thought a bot bumped this old thread...

JFC is the justice system fucked when technicalities can set you free and impervious to future charges...
    I'm wondering if there any other accusers who can still file charges within the SoL, and use the testimony from this criminal trial, sans the 2005 depo, and get Cosby another criminal trial.

And let's not forget that no matter what, we all know America's Dad is actually a convicted sex offender and sexual predator - even if he was released on a technicality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    It sure is. However, he is 83 years old and completely blind. So I'm not too miffed about it.
    Precisely - and those three years, at anyone's age, would be brutal - but at his age, were life-ending. I wouldn't be surprised if Sexual Predator Cosby keels over in the next few months/years.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You're telling me the prosecution cutting a deal with Cosby to testify in 2005 and then going against that deal allowing him to now get out on that technicality has nothing to do with prosecutors being so damn dirty?

I guess it could be pure incompetence, but I dunno, seems shady and shitty.
    Yes, I'm telling you that. Because the surface facts are not showing the details. There is more to this than just "2005 deal got him freed" - even though that's exactly what happened. Everyone in the prosecutors and defenders and judges office knew about the 2005 deal, and it was still allowed as admissible, which shows the law wasn't clear.

As with any legal ruling, the devil is in the details. And the PA Supreme Court was split on their decision, so it wasn't even clear law.
    I actually agree with the ruling, legally, but hate the outcome. I am glad that Sexual Predator Cosby was found guilty and had to serve almost three years of his sentence before the appellate process freed him.