Question Do I need a bigger PSU?

So I was messing around with pc parts picker website and putting in what items are in my build and seeing what wattage usage was. I have a 850 watt PSU and that is with nothing over clocked at all and the site says 823 estimate usage. Once I swap my motherboard and reassemble my PC I would like to look into some slight over clocking and not sure if I can with only having an 850 watt PSU.

Link to my system

Should I upgrade to a 1000 or 1200 watt PSU?

With a build like that, I too would recommend a larger PSU. You also seem to have very small storage drives for a $5400 system.

eh I dont really seem to store alot on my PC, my last one only had a 240gb ssd for most of its life until I added a 1tb hd shortly before I got this one.

Edit: still have that 1tb hd and 240gb ssd sitting in box on a shelf. Think the 240 still has its boot portion so it would cause start up issues so I just took it out of new PC and put it back in the box on my shelf
    Last edited by lazybum; 2018-05-06 at 02:12 AM.

any particular work related reason you have going sli? judging by the cpu chosen, i'm guessing yes, but guessing isn't always best

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    any particular work related reason you have going sli? judging by the cpu chosen, i'm guessing yes, but guessing isn't always best
    Work related? Nope this PC is just for personal use at home for games and such. A lot of it is way overboard and prob will never be used to its fullest but this is the first PC where I had the extra money to spend and I went for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    Work related? Nope this PC is just for personal use at home for games and such. A lot of it is way overboard and prob will never be used to its fullest but this is the first PC where I had the extra money to spend and I went for it.
    2 1080ti`s is overkill for literally everything, seeing as it will pimp 4k 60hz easily.

But on the topic of PSU, 850 should be fine, might wanna go for 1000 just to be safe seeing as the I9 is very powerhungry, but save yourself the 1000 extra dollars for the extra GPU and you will probably not even need to upgrade, this build seems like it was made to just pump money into, with no real thought behind it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    2 1080ti`s is overkill for literally everything, seeing as it will pimp 4k 60hz easily.

But on the topic of PSU, 850 should be fine, might wanna go for 1000 just to be safe seeing as the I9 is very powerhungry, but save yourself the 1000 extra dollars for the extra GPU and you will probably not even need to upgrade, this build seems like it was made to just pump money into, with no real thought behind it :P
    Cant save money on something that is already purchased and installed, the link was to what is in my PC already not what I want to buy. Also you are right there was no real thought to this build and when I purchased it 8 months ago prebuilt. Since then I have changed cases which caused me to change motherboards to be able to hook up the case usb ports, changed all the fans and cpu cooler, added memory because of the empty slots. A lot wasnt thought out too well and a lot really is prob a waste of money but trying to get things sorted now and how I want it. Built PC for 4k 144htz monitors but we still dont have one of them on the market yet. In the end I dont have any kids and currently single and have a bad habit of spending money in phone games with nothing really to show for it, this gives me something to show for the money spent.

Cant save money on something that is already purchased and installed, the link was to what is in my PC already not what I want to buy. Also you are right there was no real thought to this build and when I purchased it 8 months ago prebuilt. Since then I have changed cases which caused me to change motherboards to be able to hook up the case usb ports, changed all the fans and cpu cooler, added memory because of the empty slots. A lot wasnt thought out too well and a lot really is prob a waste of money but trying to get things sorted now and how I want it. Built PC for 4k 144htz monitors but we still dont have one of them on the market yet. In the end I dont have any kids and currently single and have a bad habit of spending money in phone games with nothing really to show for it, this gives me something to show for the money spent.
    4k 144hz is coming, will probably hit the market at a price around 2k+ dollars, but seeing as Nvidia dropped support for SLI, you`d be better of selling one of them and waiting for the release of the 1180 coming (probably) this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So wipe the ssd...

- - - Updated - - -

When did Nvidia drop sli support?
    I was supposed to write 3/4 way SLI, my bad, but i wouldnt have my money on 2way being supported forever either, since it`s a minefield of driver issues and games not supporting it properly

They killed 3/4-way support when they released gtx1xxx, moreover, 2-way isn't guaranteed to work w/ games either. SLI is there mainly for non-gaming tasks.

And upcoming volta-based gtx cards may not have any sli support whatsoever.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-05-06 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    So I was messing around with pc parts picker website and putting in what items are in my build and seeing what wattage usage was. I have a 850 watt PSU and that is with nothing over clocked at all and the site says 823 estimate usage. Once I swap my motherboard and reassemble my PC I would like to look into some slight over clocking and not sure if I can with only having an 850 watt PSU.

Link to my system

that motherboard is criminally bad for a build like this.

on topic tho: yes you want a bigger PSU. its good practice to never have a psu at 100% load.
    ideally when your system is drawing maximum power, the load on the PSU should be max 80%
    Last edited by mmoc6da6ba4d4b; 2018-05-06 at 05:00 PM.

Never cheap out on the PSU, never.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

with that build you need to go with 1200, that will keep you inside the efficiency curve even with a minor overclock.

They technically didnt, but since almost no games support it worth a damn, its a waste of money all around.