Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pet AI for Imp, which you will be using is fine, it’s ranged and it works fine, really.

I hoped Sacrifice will be viable alternative, but so far it isn’t, hopefully this will tuned appropriately to be an actual alternative.

Remove: Eradication (forces timing Chaos Bolts), Internal Combustion (forces recasting Immo.), Roaring Blaze (forces holding Conflag.), Soul Conduit (meh). None of these talents represent the "unleash burst chaos" that Destruction should have.

Rework: Soul Fire (I love the animation, but I don't see the point of this version), Inferno (meh), Grimoire of Supremacy (too powerful but restrictive) and Grimoire of Sacrifice (the only good thing is the pet ability).

Add somewhere (baseline or talents): Lord of Flames, Conflagration of Chaos, Flame Rift (the other Dimentional Rifts are kinda meh), Backlash (that works with spells too, not only melee hits).

Will never happen (but I'd love to): Fel Flame, Old Shadowflame (the cone slowing with magtheridon's head animation), Kil'jaeden's Cunning (any of the versions it had would work for me).

That's pretty much my opinion on what changes need to be done to the current iteration of BfA Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Bursting Flare - Casting Conflagrate on a target affected by your Immolate increases your Mastery by 19 for 20 sec, stacking up to 5 times.
    Chaotic Inferno - Chaos Bolt deals 124 additional damage, and has a 25% chance to make your next Incinerate instant.

Both being azerite traits and both being somewhat nice on the gameplay. First one increasing the damage of all your spells by a decent amount when fully stacked, and since it has 20 seconds duration it is not likely to fall off.
    Chaotic Inferno however imo is exactly what these azerite traits need to be. Sure it increases the damage of your chaos bolt by a bit which is always nice to give it a little more oompf, but in reality that instant incinerate once in a while is just so good. It feels so good, speeds up the rotation and gives us a chance to reposition a little bit when it proccs at the right time
    That Chaotic Inferno one is really nice, the spec really stands to gain from some reactive gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It sounds like Destruction's still suffering from all the same post-Pandaria problems. Dull gameplay while moving and a lack of thematic flair. MoP Destruction was one of the best designed specs the game's ever seen in terms of its overall playstyle and identity, and it looks like they're still falling short of that.
    All warlock specs are still hungover from having one great expansion. RIP MoP warlocks, you were the most fun I've had with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gaidax

Hey buddy, can you give me some insight to the level 100 talent row? Does CDF have a place? Or is a dark soul kinda thing again??

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are fine at the moment, tuning will change things. Little sense to even think about it now.

So if destruction damage is supposedly as overpowered on beta as you say it is, why did the aura increase from 0 to 8% this patch? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    So if destruction damage is supposedly as overpowered on beta as you say it is, why did the aura increase from 0 to 8% this patch? xD
    It's not increase, it's decrease. Read carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's not increase, it's decrease. Read carefully.
    Oh yeah I see, well not too bad, guess they started balancing slightly to begin with

- - - Updated - - -

Damage of CB with PvP talent enabled is quite decent, keep in mind this is on lvl 110 with 35k hp =)

Agree with the OP for the most part. I'm still deciding between warlock or mage for my next main in BFA.

Destro is my current fav spec. Like someone mentioned earlier, I would like for them to remove the Eradication window or have Conflag extend it by 2 sec.

Mobility would be also nice. A talent that would proc to make Chaos bolt instant or give us back MOP Kiljaeden talent and change duration to instead have charges.

Make Shadowburn an execute ability again like back then.

As for mage, I am enjoying mage a lot. I feel like Blizz will make MMGA (make mages great again) with some over the top buff. I love being able to teleport. Mage feels alright right now in legion. Their numbers just suck and just needs tuning.

@monchwow, i am feeling you. In Legion, i didnt play much, but if, i chose my Affliction lock (only played M+). Totally loved the agility that we had (i nearly always used WiA, never MG), i could always refresh my dots, or my ELT. As i played only melee classes for years, this was really nice to play.

Now in BFA beta, the destruction and demonology specs are well made, no doubt, buuuuuuuuuut they have so much hardcasting... i think i still have to get used to bunker my Demonic Core procs and only use then when i have to move (or when i am about to hit 4) and use the talent Soul Strike.

Finally had some time to play the Beta and Grimoire of Sacrifice doesn't feel like it does much at all. I changed talents.

I still don’t get why they insist on the current state of shadowburn. It was the best when it was an execute. The weaving alone made the spec fun in MoP. This spec needs something to jive it up a bit and that was a fun thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I still don’t get why they insist on the current state of shadowburn. It was the best when it was an execute. The weaving alone made the spec fun in MoP. This spec needs something to jive it up a bit and that was a fun thing to do.
    Muh class fantasy. For other classes. Basically.

Destro still desperately needs a new cool mechanic. Something you can react to would be great, maybe a version of Fel Flame that procs off of something and has decent burst and a cool new graphic, somewhere around 25% more than a conflag. It could take Eradication's spot or be baseline. Shadowburn needs to be an execute again as well perhaps with some heal on kill, it's WAY too similar to conflag.

I was just thinking... we're going to have a problem with the Sac/Sup/RB row. Well, an additional problem to go with any we have right now. Sacrifice and Roaring Blaze don't scale with mastery, which is a scaling problem that just doesn't need to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Destro still desperately needs a new cool mechanic. Something you can react to would be great, maybe a version of Fel Flame that procs off of something and has decent burst and a cool new graphic, somewhere around 25% more than a conflag. It could take Eradication's spot or be baseline. Shadowburn needs to be an execute again as well perhaps with some heal on kill, it's WAY too similar to conflag.
    No thanks - if you want to react to procs - Fire Mage that way.

I am pretty happy blizz does not glue that shit to destruction. Destruction desperately needs nothing, at best there are some nice things to be had, but not "omg desperately needs".

Backdraft should be baseline and include the mechanism of "incinerates cast under backdraft benefit can be cast on the move".

Or make Backdraft baseline 2 charges and flashover add 1 more charge and add the moving incinerate cast functionality.

Just anything to make destro feel less shit on movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    No thanks - if you want to react to procs - Fire Mage that way.

I am pretty happy blizz does not glue that shit to destruction. Destruction desperately needs nothing, at best there are some nice things to be had, but not "omg desperately needs".
    Yea we know, you like specs that could be played by a simple macro. Not everyone's excited about playing the exact same spec we played in Legion with portals stripped away though. They've done some good stuff, like reinstating 2 buttons on demonic portal and baselining an extra CC, but in terms of the rotation Destro is lacking. There is no chaos or unpredictability in the playstyle of a spec that is all about chaos. Replacing some of the worst talents with some new mechanics is needed.

Well Ion basically confirmed in the Q&A they are mostly looking at number tuning from this point on and any major changes will have to wait to 8.1

I will assume this means Internal Combustion and Soul Fire (just to mention a few) are here to stay atleast for the time being. One could hope they take the time to alter those 2 talents but looks like we may have a couple of less options to pick from in those rows