Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    That's Galadriel? Looks like a Rohan woman..
    Yeah the elves look off to me. With her ears covered you can't even tell she's supposed to be a non-human. Same with all the others they showed.

Dwarves look great though. If only the lady had a beard.

5+ Year Old Account
    it's something else that this show is done by jeff bezos company that works its employees like orcs in the mines of mordor...

10+ Year Old Account
    Shitter exploded today when it revealed that Amazon wokefied it.

Looks like stereotypical 202X fantasy tv show #1589. Disappointed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Dwarves look great though. If only the lady had a beard.
    Uh-huh, the beards, that is the problem, lol.

We all knew it wasn't going to be faithful to Tolkien and be bad.

it's something else that this show is done by jeff bezos company that works its employees like orcs in the mines of mordor...
    That's pretty much true of every corporation today. The T-shirt you wear, the iPhone or video game console you use, the chocolate in desert you eat, the diamond on your ring, etc, all made by indentured servants, slaves, and sweatshop labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post

Such an atrocious contempt of the Tolkien's legacy
    Nope. This is garbage. Not watching.

The casting looks horrible all around. Those elves make me shudder.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

5+ Year Old Account
    wtf these 'moose hunters'
    https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...-rings-011.jpg

Why don't they wear the horns on their backs, one behind the other, like a backpack?

Why instead the horns stand out from their sides like giant mickey mouse ears? to "look cool"? looks moronic...makes me think of that giant extinct deer that had enormous horns that got stuck constantly in the forests which led to their extinction...and what if there is bad weather, are those hunters gonna used those moose horns as sails to fly away?

ah, here it is
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_elk

those horns a bit cumbersome if you need to run away or hide from orcs, no?? Orcs may wonder why that rock has moose horns sticking out from its sides...

i had to look to see what these guys were, hunters, my first thought was that it was the blue wizards then that would have made somewhat sense, if they have other means for hasty retreats..but NO.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-02-11 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Nope. This is garbage. Not watching.
    Same, I had optimistic hopes but, just like WoT, that hope was misplaced and dashed.

Sad, too, because I absolutely love Middle Earth and Tolkien's work, and want to see more of it. But I'm not going to support the bastardization of Tolkien's constructed lore for the sake of - whatever the fuck the latest buzzword is for Amazon to try to swindle in more views.

And others have said - I'm fine with dwarves being dark skinned - but the fact that she's a female dwarf with no beard (when even The Witcher kept true to that trope) is beyond stupid. And I'm not even touching the Elf thing with a ten foot pole, I don't agree with it, I don't like it, and it's not something I'm even going to bother discussing with the people who support it.

The show looks like's going to be turned into just another fantasy drama - and I'm willing to make the safe bet that much like WoT, there's going to be gratuitous amounts of sex and violence because "Game of Thrones".

the blue wizards
    Can't be the Blue Wizards because they went to the far East, where either they abandoned their mission or they were raising a rebellion in secret, and none of Tolkien's stories take place that far East.

But given the sheer levels of bastardization this show is already engaging in, I suppose the producers might just throw in the Blue Wizards just because.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    I'm willing to make the safe bet that much like WoT, there's going to be gratuitous amounts of sex
    That's not a bet, that's a fact. Last year we heard that there was going to be a sex scene coordinator.

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf these 'moose hunters'
    https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/...-rings-011.jpg

Why don't they wear the horns on their backs, one behind the other, like a backpack?

Why instead the horns stand out from their sides like giant mickey mouse ears? to "look cool"? looks moronic...makes me think of that giant extinct deer that had enormous horns that got stuck constantly in the forests which led to their extinction...and what if there is bad weather, are those hunters gonna used those moose horns as sails to fly away?

ah, here it is
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_elk

those horns a bit cumbersome if you need to run away or hide from orcs, no??

i had to look to see what these guys were, hunters, my first thought was that it was the blue wizards then that would have made somewhat sense, if they have other means for hasty retreats..
    The wizards came to Middle Earth well into the Third Age. This show is set in the Second Age. When Men of Middle Earth are still rather primitive and tribal while those of Númenor are building a brilliant civilization.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    And others have said - I'm fine with dwarves being dark skinned - but the fact that she's a female dwarf with no beard (when even The Witcher kept true to that trope) is beyond stupid. And I'm not even touching the Elf thing with a ten foot pole, I don't agree with it, I don't like it, and it's not something I'm even going to bother discussing with the people who support it.
    That makes no sense, as Elves live in nature, where there is sun, while the dwarves live underground where there is none.

For some reason my skin is lighter now during wintertime n darker during the summer...must be some coincidence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    The casting looks horrible all around. Those elves make me shudder.
    I actually like that elf (Arondir?). I believe that costume is quite fitting for a sylvan elf. Let's not forget that this is the Second Age. The sylvan elves are not lead by Galadriel (Noldo) or Thranduil (Sinda) yet. They are Eldar or maybe even Avari who did not go to Valinor. They are far less advanced than the Noldor or the Sindar. So that armor with the "leaf-face" seems appropriate to me.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

5+ Year Old Account
    Uh, that boy is elrond? Looks like a mouse shapeshifted into a human...

Doesn't sound like a lot of nude sex scenes;
    So will there be Westerosi levels of violence and sex in Amazon’s Middle-earth? In short, no. McKay says the goal was “to make a show for everyone, for kids who are 11, 12, and 13, even though sometimes they might have to pull the blanket up over their eyes if it’s a little too scary. We talked about the tone in Tolkien’s books. This is material that is sometimes scary—and sometimes very intense, sometimes quite political, sometimes quite sophisticated—but it’s also heartwarming and life-affirming and optimistic. It’s about friendship and it’s about brotherhood and underdogs overcoming great darkness.”

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes no sense, as Elves live in nature, where there is sun, while the dwarves live underground where there is none.

For some reason my skin is lighter now during wintertime n darker during the summer...must be some coincidence...
    Maybe they live in uranium mountain and radiation is really intense

A ruddy dwarf from a place where forges and furnaces are a constant...works better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Doesn't sound like a lot of nude sex scenes;
    Found the article:

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-lord...ontent-2774846

in regards to sex scenes I dont think Lord of the Rings really needs it.

Firstly not every fantasy show has to copy in the footsteps of Game of Thrones.

And its not in a nose in the air way but theres enough to explore within the lore where you dont really need to focus in on taverns and realism etc.