Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And what makes you think that? I have no idea what was "disastrously bad" about any teasers they've released up to this point, but it's been clear for a while now that no one responding to this is interested in giving it a chance. It was basically doomed ever since the outrage merchants found out that they might be looking to hire someone whose job description involved dealing with nudity.
    It's an opinion bro. If you enjoyed them great. Get over people thinking they were trash.

My god some people are way to up tight about these things. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Pretty much. I'm not saying the show is gonna be any good, it might suck in many ways, but anyone who cries about "wokeness" or whatever in sci-fi or fantasy materials, I mean, you put it way nicer than I would have. It's just bigots too cowardly to admit their bigotry, and nothing else.
    Once again we have the same problem with the same logic.

"I dont need to make up any arguments because ->I<- THINK i have the moral superiority and per default that makes me win. Nevermind me actually having to argue HOW i have that superiority - simply throwing insults like racist and bigots around to anyone who doesnt share my opinion is enough"

The only way this type of argument work is if other people asume this is correct. As in we no longer discuss with argumentations we discuss with presumed moral superiority as an argument in itself.

This means society as a whole just cant evolve anymore. We found the absolute peak of moral. Besides being an actual sociopath i dont see how that logic holds up in any way.

It seems fitting that this show is going to air on the anniversary of Tolkien's death since they've decided to drop a steaming pile of shit on this man's grave.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    You're not convincing annyone with this story.

"Everyone older than me read the books"

It's a bold faced fucking lie.
    I'm confused are you actually trying to argue that people didn't read lotr? I don't agree with a bunch of that dude's posts but pretty much everyone I know who watched all 3 movies read the books either before or after.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Once again we have the same problem with the same logic.

"I dont need to make up any arguments because ->I<- THINK i have the moral superiority and per default that makes me win. Nevermind me actually having to argue HOW i have that superiority - simply throwing insults like racist and bigots around to anyone who doesnt share my opinion is enough"

The only way this type of argument work is if other people asume this is correct. As in we no longer discuss with argumentations we discuss with presumed moral superiority as an argument in itself.

This means society as a whole just cant evolve anymore. We found the absolute peak of moral. Besides being an actual sociopath i dont see how that logic holds up in any way.
    Maybe check out a dictionary, instead of getting mad at using words in the context of being a bigot?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ghostbusters 2016 was so woke, and so damaging to the franchise that it totally didn't get a new movie recently Curious how some others in that list are "woke," though. MIB because it starred a women this time? Is that it?

Seriously, anyone going on about the "woke agenda" should just be ignored for the clowns they are.

I love the idea of a "woke brigade," at least. Sounds amazing.
    Once again i feel the need to point out faulty logic.

Ghostbusters was rebooted after the failed 2016 movie. Hence why there where no throwbacks to the 2016 movie in the new franchise aswell as the use of the older actors instead of any of the actors from the 2016 movie. There are plenty of examples of this outside of this franchise - a good example could be batman and robin from 1997 with mr. freeze lol. Franchise was rebooted after that just the same as ghostbusters.

What people from the US mainly fail to see in these discussions is that the world isnt black and white. Being against wokeness doesnt mean i am a right wing ultra racist. In terms of US politics i would actually fall somewhere on the democratic side - although not extremist as wokeness is.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe check out a dictionary, instead of getting mad at using words in the context of being a bigot?
    I'm not from a native English speaking country. I speak 4 languages fluently - how about you?

The funny thing here is that you are the one calling people names where as the only thing i am doing is arguing, yet you are accusing me of being "mad". Why dont you try to actually argue against the things i say instead of trying to attack me personally? I can asure you that i am well enough educated to be able to argue with a perfect English speaking american.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can be offended and misquote me as much as you want - it doesnt change the fact that wokeness does not have any mass appeal. It appeals to a very outspoken minority though.

I'm not a racist - i dont care what skincolour my heroes have. I care when what skincolour my heroes have starts being ideological though. I know its tough to admit but you are the radicalized one.
    Misquote you? I’m asking if you mean the only two “ woke fiasco” I’ve ever seen crop up or if there are others you have in mind, if you actually have others in mind it’s not hard to just list them instead of getting your nickers in a twist.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, if you don't like the show really the best thing to do is just not watch it, cancel your prime account and by all means when they ask why, cite RoP as the cause. Anything beyond that hate watching, arguing on forums is just a form of self harm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    here's a few examples of 'wokeness' that have ruined a franchise or straight up killed the potential for one to exist to begin with:

captain marvel
    ghostbusters 2016 reboot
    star wars 'fuck you' trilogy
    terminator dark fate (this has almost single handedly killed the terminator franchise from ever getting another movie release)
    harley quinn: birds of prey
    batwoman TV series

this is just a 'small' list of shows/movies/projects that have failed both commercially and critically due to the stereotypical 'woke' hallmarks of pushing gender politics where it doesn't exit, adding racial diversity when it's not there, among other stereotypes based on the projects as a whole.
    So just gonna address a few of theses.

Captain marvel obviously didn’t hurt the MCU at all.

Ghostbusters has already moved on with a new movie.

Starwars has more had more live action.content come out in the short hears after the trilogy the then compared to its it’s whole life time before it.

There is reportedly already a new terminator movie in the works.

The DCU and shows are chugging along fine not to mention the DCU hadn’t been doing great before either of those titles.

So while I can’t speak to the rest (is west side story even a franchise?) theses don’t actually support your idea of Wokness ruining/killing franchises nor did some of them even fail commercially like with captain marvel and the starwars trilogy.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Misquote you? I’m asking if you mean the only two “ woke fiasco” I’ve ever seen crop up or if there are others you have in mind, if you actually have others in mind it’s not hard to just list them instead of getting your nickers in a twist.
    "Your hoping that blizzard will remove black people and fighting women from wow then?"

Thats a direct misquote - i never said that.

There is plenty of woke fiasco's. If you want to put on blindfolds and ignroe that then its fine - but its not my job to find them for you. You can simply google it if you want.

Once again i feel the need to point out faulty logic.

Ghostbusters was rebooted after the failed 2016 movie. Hence why there where no throwbacks to the 2016 movie in the new franchise aswell as the use of the older actors instead of any of the actors from the 2016 movie. There are plenty of examples of this outside of this franchise - a good example could be batman and robin from 1997 with mr. freeze lol. Franchise was rebooted after that just the same as ghostbusters.

What people from the US mainly fail to see in these discussions is that the world isnt black and white. Being against wokeness doesnt mean i am a right wing ultra racist. In terms of US politics i would actually fall somewhere on the democratic side - although not extremist as wokeness is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not from a native English speaking country. I speak 4 languages fluently - how about you?

The funny thing here is that you are the one calling people names where as the only thing i am doing is arguing, yet you are accusing me of being "mad". Why dont you try to actually argue against the things i say instead of trying to attack me personally? I can asure you that i am well enough educated to be able to argue with a perfect English speaking american.
    Do you actually have an arguement?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's not faulty logic when the argument is that being "woke" killed a franchise. If it actually killed the franchise, there would be no reboot whatsoever in the first place. The entire thing would be dead and buried.

I'm also not from the US.
    Yeah that might have been an overstatement on his part. I cant think of any franchise that outright got killed on the top of my head. That being said its undeniable that its doing damage to it - which is the essence i'm guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you actually have an arguement?
    I have recited plenty of arguments for you and in my posts in general. You are simply trying to divert from the subject to not look bad now but it should be obvious to anyone. Do you ever engage in actual discussion or do you just post passive agressive posts without any actual context on this forum? Doing that 11.328 times is quite a feat i must admit.

Yeah that might have been an overstatement on his part. I cant think of any franchise that outright got killed on the top of my head. That being said its undeniable that its doing damage to it - which is the essence i'm guessing.

- - - Updated - - -

I have recited plenty of arguments for you and in my posts in general. You are simply trying to divert from the subject to not look bad now but it should be obvious to anyone. Do you ever engage in actual discussion or do you just post passive agressive posts without any actual context on this forum? Doing that 11.328 times is quite a feat i must admit.
    You've spouted a lot of anger, but not any arguments.

okay, I've seen you say people have misquoted you, even though they've used your direct quotes, just explain what you mean by you "wanting this to turn out to be a woke fiasco."

You've spouted a lot of anger, but not any arguments.

okay, I've seen you say people have misquoted you, even though they've used your direct quotes, just explain what you mean by you "wanting this to turn out to be a woke fiasco."
    What anger are you refering to?

What direct quotes are you refering to people using where i have said they misquoted me?

When you use quotation marks you are meant to actually directly take someones quote btw. I've never said i want it to turn out to be a woke fiasco.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Your hoping that blizzard will remove black people and fighting women from wow then?"

Thats a direct misquote - i never said that.

There is plenty of woke fiasco's. If you want to put on blindfolds and ignroe that then its fine - but its not my job to find them for you. You can simply google it if you want.
    No that’s a question as indicated by the question mark at the end and it not being in quotations.

But if you can’t even list any other “woke fiasco“ you had in mind when you brought it up I do think that’s quite telling.

What anger are you refering to?

What direct quotes are you refering to people using where i have said they misquoted me?

When you use quotation marks you are meant to actually directly take someones quote btw. I've never said i want it to turn out to be a woke fiasco.
    My only hope is that if LOTR turns out to be a the woke fiasco that its looking like it might, that Blizzard takes a good long look at what it does to a popular franchise. Pandering to a misguided extremist minority is honestly completely insane.
    Just explain the bolded.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post

and since it's clear you're mentally indoctrinated into the woke brigade, here's a few examples of 'wokeness' that have ruined a franchise or straight up killed the potential for one to exist to begin with:

captain marvel
    men in black: international
    charlies angels 2019 reboot
    ghostbusters 2016 reboot
    star wars 'fuck you' trilogy
    terminator dark fate (this has almost single handedly killed the terminator franchise from ever getting another movie release)
    harley quinn: birds of prey
    batwoman TV series
    the 355
    west side story 2021

this is just a 'small' list of shows/movies/projects that have failed both commercially and critically due to the stereotypical 'woke' hallmarks of pushing gender politics where it doesn't exit, adding racial diversity when it's not there, among other stereotypes based on the projects as a whole.

so mr pedantic fuck, wanna keep going or is this enough for you?

if you feel so inclined in future to make an ass of yourself, try and at least make it interesting.
    Imagine writing this and thinking this is a checkmate
    "Gender politics where it dosen't exist"? Because they choose a woman to be the lead character of the new star wars triology? I have quite a lot of problem with those movies, none of it has to do with wokeness. A movie is not automaticaly bad or good even if it deals or reacts to racisism or inequality. And ruined how? The new trilogy was an impressive commerical success. Failed critically? What is your measurement for that? You can dislike them sure but that is not what you are arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    No that’s a question as indicated by the question mark at the end and it not being in quotations.

But if you can’t even list any other “woke fiasco“ you had in mind when you brought it up I do think that’s quite telling.
    Ah so its just a question you made up completely with no relevance to my post then? :P

So are you saying you got beans for breakfast then? :P

I can list plenty and other people have even done it in this thread - you can go back 1-3 pages to look at it. What are you trying to accomplish?

- - - Updated - - -

Just explain the bolded.
    "I've never said i want it to turn out to be a woke fiasco."

"My only hope is that ->if<- LOTR turns out to be a the woke fiasco"

What exactly are you not understanding?

Ah so its just a question you made up completely with no relevance to my post then? :P

So are you saying you got beans for breakfast then? :P

I can list plenty and other people have even done it in this thread - you can go back 1-3 pages to look at it. What are you trying to accomplish?

- - - Updated - - -

"I've never said i want it to turn out to be a woke fiasco."

"My only hope is that ->if<- LOTR turns out to be a the woke fiasco"

What exactly are you not understanding?
    What do you mean by "woke fiasco"? Can you describe what a "woke fiasco" is in your own words.

7+ Year Old Account
    No relevance to your post? It’s a direct question In response to this.
    My only hope is that if LOTR turns out to be a the woke fiasco that its looking like it might
    If your problem isn’t with the black characters and fighting woman what other “woke fiasco” is it looking to be?