Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Hearthstone Balance Changes

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21758133

Naga Sea Witch – Will cost 8 mana. (Up from 5)
    Spiteful Summoner – Will cost 7 mana. (Up from 6)
    Dark Pact – Will restore 4 Health. (Down from 8)
    Possessed Lackey – Will cost 6 mana. (Up from 5)
    Call to Arms – Will cost 5 mana. (Up from 4)
    The Caverns Below – The quest reward, Crystal Core, will read: For the rest of the game, your minions are 4/4. (Down from 5/5)

Once the changes are in effect(after the HCT playoffs), there will be a period of time where the cards will have full dust refunds(yes, you should Disenchant all these cards then)
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2018-05-15 at 05:12 PM.

Oh, neat, Dark Pact is now a slightly better Sac Pact instead of a miles better one. RIP Cubelock, long live Cube Durid.

Thank fuck Cubelock is getting nerfed.

Hitting wild naga decks and the top 4+ standard decks all in one swoop. Actually impressive.

Woah! Is quest rogue really that much of a thing? That's straight up obliteration right there.

I expected more.

Spiteful Summoner one turn later still makes this deck incredibly difficult to beat, especially if they roll Tyrantus (which is like a 20% chance currently), most classes have a problem.

Dark Pact - While the Heal was a big deal for Cube lock, if they pull out their Doomguard combo, you're still fucked, this basically only helps Aggro overcoming them.

Lackey - Similiar story, their combo is still very much intact.

I guess the idea behind the cubelock nerfs is simply to give aggro decks an edge against them, no idea if that actually pushes them down.

Call to arms - that one is fine.

Quest Rogue - Not enough, the one time i would've appreciated the Warsong Commander treatment, i just don't want to see any more quest rogue.

Not nerfing the cube /clap

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall a decent set of nerfs, cubelock is weaker but not deas and so is giant lock. I feel sorry for my giants hunter, the only hunter deck I have ever enjoyed.
    Spiteful summoner needed more a nerf tbh I think it's still too powerful with ui and pyro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

These seem like some fair balance changes, but I'm afraid that some decks will still remain to strong.

Naga Sea Witch - Very much needed to be nerfed to make wild playable again
    Spiteful Summoner - This nerf might not be enough, it only delays druids an extra turn from giving their a Tyrannus. A better enrf IMO would be that Spiteful can not get a spell that costs more than 6
    Dark Pact - The healing doesn't really matter that much IMO, I think a better nerf was nerfing it to 2 mana
    Possessed Lackey - Good nerf. Though I would've liked to see the ''cheating free demons out of your deck'' mechanic to be changed
    Call to Arms - I wasn't sure how to nerf this card without destroyingit as a whole but I guess 5 mana is a proper nerf. This will hurt even paladin A LOT
    The Caverns Below - They already nerfed this once by increasing the quest requirement by 1, this should probably make it closer to being fair

I would've liked to see Bloodreaver Gul'dan receive a change aswell, like only being able to ressurect different demons so you don't get multiplide Doomguards and Voidlords. Also Doomguard could've been nerfed to make his charge as a battlecry, or change his charge to rush. Maybe Shudderwock needed to be changed aswell but I have no idea how.

Deleted
    welp odd paladin buff

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    welp odd paladin buff
    Not even remotely, man

CTA pulls minions that cost 2 or less. Odd Paladin doesn't have 2-drops. That means for Odd Pally, CTA becomes 5 mana "recruit 3 1-drops". Not worthwhile.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

On the face of it they look like well thought out decent changes. I didn't really think spiteful summoner was that strong but like it's says in the notes the 10 mana pool is too small at the moment, it used to be dealt with easily enough if you had removal but now every other time it's played it seems to poop out a Tyrantus.

Deleted
    Can't wait for a meta without fucking cubelock.
    I swear to god if I have to play against 50% cubelocks and 49% pallies for another month I will cry and then uninstall. Holy fucking shit.

Going through a round of nerfs and not noticing the HOF level OP status of Cube is pretty disappointing.

There are a couple quest rogue variants that might survive this -- it's actually a little easier to feed Shadowdancer with 4 health than it is with 5. Don't think I'll risk it though; Caverns Below will return to the ash heap of history I guess. Hope Sonya isn't useless in other rogue meta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Woah! Is quest rogue really that much of a thing? That's straight up obliteration right there.
    People are very whiny about quest rogue, which seems odd since they are really not nearly that invincible. With the change to 5 plays instead of 4, the rogue basically has to play with their fly down for between 5 and 8 turns. During the quest phase, aggro can absolutely wreck them. After the quest phase, cube warlock and cube druid at the very least probably still have the upper hand unless they draw terribly -- you run out of cards to throw at them, even in the DK build. Mages... ugh, last time quest rogue was a big deal, there wasn't Explosive Runes. Mage secrets are the biggest obstacle to completing quest there is.

At 4/4 it's probably mostly dead, but the DK build might still work.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Can't wait for a meta without fucking cubelock.
    I swear to god if I have to play against 50% cubelocks and 49% pallies for another month I will cry and then uninstall. Holy fucking shit.
    Unless Aggro decks push Cubelock out of the Meta, it will survive these nerfs.

Because those nerfs are pretty much only a serious damper against aggro for Cube lock, as Pact heals for less and cheating out Voidlord one turn later makes a serious difference there.

However, if you play a midrange deck and they pull out doomguard and cube+pact it, you're still fucked unless you manage to kill them next turn.

Dark Pact could have been nerfed to 0 healing and cubelock would still play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Dark Pact could cost 4 health and Cubelock would still play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Dark Pact could cost 4 health and Cubelock would still play it.
    Dark Pact could've been removed and cubelock would still play it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Nah they'd use Sanguine Reveler
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

GL with Mindblast priest now.