... LastLast

Flying in BFA - What if its not a bug?

So : http://www.wowhead.com/news=284424/r...inder-part-one

Before you answer, please state the following:
    Faction: Alliance, Horde or Both
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? Yes/no
    How Many Alts:
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above):

If it isn't a bug and you have to play both factions, do you like this?

Side note: Didn't i read somewhere you would do one area and then move on to the other? Wonder would you be able to do this with 1 faction.

My answer:

Faction: Alliance
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? Yes
    How Many Alts: 5 (for achievement only)
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 0

I hate it. The only time I ever played horde before was with that other achievement in MoP.

i play aliance only
    i spend most of my time on many toons
    6 alts
    2 alts for raiding

i hope that is a bug if not ill need to use my 110 boost for that

I am mostly a Horde only.. I hope its accountwide

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    If it isn't a bug and you have to play both factions, do you like this?
    No.

/10chars

They would never get away with it if you actually had to get both Horde and Alliance achievements. The uproar would be insane. A single faction will be able to do all the zones.

What is Alllliance?

Dont care, I am a one-faction-pony!

Side note: Didn't i read somewhere you would do one area and then move on to the other? Wonder would you be able to do this with 1 faction.
    Not only would you - you are expected to.

There are the three/four levelling zones - but there are six/eight max level zones.

You don't have to PvP to get the other ones, just turn off your war mode - and they become normal zones.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

If you need the achievement on both sides, The chance of me playing BFA goes from maybe to a 100% nope.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Isn't that just increases mount speed? Not flying?

I mean, I know it was like that Legion, but it's BFA.

OT:
    Only playing one faction.

It's not a bug. You will earn some kind of reputation on the opposite faction's continent via world quests.

This is the first draft. Blizz can not force you to do everything twice (if you only play one faction).

The achievement will likely change to be 2 seperate achievements. One for Horde, one for Alliance. That's the safest bet, IMO.
    Wanna fly on a Horde toon? Get the Horde achievement. Wanna fly on an Alliance toon? Get the Alliance achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you need the achievement on both sides, The chance of me playing BFA goes from maybe to a 100% nope.
    You only neither ONE of the achievements... if you are alliance - just the alliance one.

Not sure what the problem is - pretty much identical to the Legion stuff.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i play aliance only
    i spend most of my time on many toons
    6 alts
    2 alts for raiding

i hope that is a bug if not ill need to use my 110 boost for that
    I mean you don't NEED flying.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Alliance (mostly), yes, a bajillion, and zero.

Chances are it'll be account-wide or faction-specific. I doubt they'll force people to roll alts on the other side just to get flight.

Faction: Horde
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? No
    How Many Alts: 42
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 0

As an achievement hunter I don't get to choose what I do or don't do. If it's not a bug I'll just faction change one of my Horde 110s so I don't have to level one of my alliance alts from 100.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    I would quite enjoy the tears of the forums if people had to do both to fly, so I hope it is true.

I play both factions, spend most my 'end game' time on my horde shaman, have like 4 110s.

...If it isn't a bug and you have to play both factions, do you like this?...
    In the link you provided it states most likely a beta bug. However, to answer your questions:

Faction: Both (More RL Friends/Family/Guildmates on Alliance)
    Time spent: Beginning of expansion 100% on one character; once raid ready I switch to next character and so on
    Number of Alts: 36 active
    Raiding Alts: 6 are Heroic raid geared... though I only PuG don't raid on a schedule
    Do I like it: I hate two part achievements. I want to fly at max level after I have done the leveling content. WQ should be done with flying not six months (or more) later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I would be surprised if Blizz made it so that you had to do both factions. That would be kind of nuts. I would do it because I like the game and have toons on both sides. I think a lot of people will lose their minds.

Deleted
    I have 13 Alliance 110s and I only recently got the Double Agent achievement and that's because I decided to level a Horde Demon Hunter. I really don't like the idea of having to play both sides to unlock flying.

Faction: Alliance,
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? Yes
    How Many Alts: As stated above, 12 Alliance alts
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): Main is mythic raider, I've done heroic with 5 alts now I believe, but not actively, just until they are 955-960 equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    What is Alllliance?

Dont care, I am a one-faction-pony!
    Faction: Both
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? No
    How Many Alts: Too many
    How Many raiding Alts (heroic or above): 1

I think it'd be stupid. That's assuming it isn't a bug which it clearly is. I'd prefer if flying was removed entirely.

Faction: Both
    Do you spend 90%+ of your time on one toon? Nope
    How Many Alts: 14 toons
    How Many raiding Alts: None

I don't care about flying anyway, I never grind the rep.