Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Bioware's David Crooks Mocks Totalbiscuit's Death After Dying Of Cancer.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/0...-cancer/59709/

Mass Effect: Andromeda programmer, David Crooks, decided to quickly hop on the opportunity to mock and deride John “TotalBiscuit” Bain an hour after he died in a losing battle to terminal cancer.

The Electronic Arts and BioWare employee decided to use the opportunity to virtue signal to fellow Social Justice Warriors how glad he was that TotalBiscuit died. Forbes’ Erik Kain spotted the tweets and made it known that EA and BioWare’s supposedly “progressive” employee didn’t mind disgracing the recent dead, especially if they stood on the opposite end of the culture war spectrum.
    If you follow the archived link through to the tweet, you’ll see that at 4:45pm, May 24th, 2018, Crooks tweeted out the following
    https://archive.li/UuEJw

The chances of me buying anything from EA/Bioware just went from slim to none as long as this man holds a job there. Seriously fuck this guy and anyone like him.

Boogie2988 actually says it best.

Update:
    ['quote]BioWare general manager Casey Hudson has issued a statement, claiming that David Crooks no longer works for the company and he doesn’t represent BioWare as a whole.[/quote] Its in the same link.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-26 at 10:25 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Stupid person says something stupid. Knowing social media, he'll be fired in a couple days, so. What else to discuss? You know this thread will devolve into he deserved it no he didn't deserve it back and forth.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad optics even if I sort of agree with him

7+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen someone so fired in my entire life.

I hope someone prints out copies of the tweets and pins them up at E3. That'd be glorious.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

What a piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Stupid person says something stupid. Knowing social media, he'll be fired in a couple days, so. What else to discuss? You know this thread will devolve into he deserved it no he didn't deserve it back and forth.
    Fired in a couple days?

The lead fucking developer on ME:A openly tweets about his disgust for "white people" and had no problem keeping his job. Bioware has no problem with their employees saying stupid shit if it fits their SJW agenda. Just another reason why their studio has went downhill and been trash for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/0...-cancer/59709/

https://archive.li/UuEJw

The chances of me buying anything from EA/Bioware just went from slim to none as long as this man holds a job there. Seriously fuck this guy and anyone like him.

Boogie2988 actually says it best.
    Man he should get fired. Words as a gamer critic you should deal with. Was TB harsh...yes sometimes. But there are also critics kissing their asses.

But to piss on someone before he is even buried is so low, so vile the person who does that deserve every bad word coming to him.

I'm guessing this is his way of leaving the gaming industry?

I mean, the only thing he can achieve by doing this is getting fired and I don't think many companies will want to be associated with him afterwards.

If he somehow wanted to use TB to make himself more famous, he chose the worst way possible to do so.

maybe if bioware made some good games in the last 10 years TotalBiscuit wouldn't have needed to critique their games so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Bad optics even if I sort of agree with him
    Yes. To mock a person who just died and is not even buried. Just because he is a journalist/critic who does not agree with you is sad, vile and just inhuman. He has a family a wife. And saying stuff like this is like walking up to them and laughing in their faces. And that is just horrible. I wish they ban everyone who makes fun of this. Making fun of someone dying. Because you did not like his non violent job. ( a freaking game critic) is bad, very very bad.

People really talking about the dude being fired when we're talking about the company that lets THIS happen.

pretty typical behavior of someone like this.

if only someone mega rich gave a shit about video games, maybe they could buy bioware and make it good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People really talking about the dude being fired when we're talking about the company that lets THIS happen.

seems he's better at twitter than game development to me

What an utter piece of shit. Sadly i don't think he will be fired over his abhorrent views.

Internet dickhead acts like internet dickhead.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

[Update:] BioWare general manager Casey Hudson has issued a statement, claiming that David Crooks no longer works for the company and he doesn’t represent BioWare as a whole.

And we thought Crooks was mad at TB before.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    [Update:] BioWare general manager Casey Hudson has issued a statement, claiming that David Crooks no longer works for the company and he doesn’t represent BioWare as a whole.

And we thought Crooks was mad at TB before.
    That didn't take long.

Not the only craptastic person to be ripping on TB's death. Brianna Wu was laughing in her tweets and then there's this "amazing" guy:

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Did not even know about that, That's fucked up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD