Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warlock Green Fire + New Animations?

I've been doing some digging with no results, I am simply trying to confirm if our green fire will work with the new destruction animations.

Also, Channel Demonfire and Hellfire should not remain in their current form(Beta), those especially need to be doctored to be on par.

We are 3 1/2 months out from release, so hopefully this can be brought to the teams attention if it hasn't been already.
    I will post on bnet as well to hopefully get a blue response, Unless one of my fellow Warlocks here can semi-confirm.

Peace and Love, Inshadowz - Emerald Dream

You couldn't post this in one of the couple other threads about animations?

Anyway, the answer is no. Green fire won't work with the new animations, and in fact everything that is currently placeholder or otherwise unfinished is going to remain exactly as-is for the next three months.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post

Anyway, the answer is no. Green fire won't work with the new animations, and in fact everything that is currently placeholder or otherwise unfinished is going to remain exactly as-is for the next three months.
    I could say the same about the beta forums, they're such a cesspit right now with people trating them as their own personal Q&A hour like "omigosh can someone tell me if or when I can copy my character?".

Not to mention the people who view either Alpha or Beta as a "free pass to play the game before it comes out" as opposed to what it really is, which is a bug test -- I have a couple of Real Life friends who see it as an expectation to get into either, because they obviously deserve it since they've spent so much money on the game, x,x.

Like bio said, nothing was done about them - I (and others) completed the green fire quest on the alpha to test it.
    Can't be arsed to complete it on the beta, since we'll have character copies within a reasonable timeframe.

Still waiting on character copies, can't confirm/deny anything before that.

They're clearly not done with animations yet - Hand of Gul'dan has turned into a box that spews boxes in the most recent build.
    I prefer that they use the boxes for unfinished animations; it prevents a ton of "is this the final form aAaaaAaaAAAAAAAA!"-discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post

You say that like green fire hasn't been almost entirely overlooked since MoP. Demonbolt hasn't been affected despite having fire in the animation, and Affliction and Demo have no changes from it other than burning rush.
    Don't get me wrong, I usually agree with you on such matters in beta, but this is an area that tends to get forgotten.

Deleted
    Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's unlikely Blizzard does right by Warlocks and actually updates our fel fire spells. It's really insulting that they add red fire in the first place. Warlocks use fel magic, we are not fire mages. Fel magic is green. Why is Demonbolt red?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's unlikely Blizzard does right by Warlocks and actually updates our fel fire spells. It's really insulting that they add red fire in the first place. Warlocks use fel magic, we are not fire mages. Fel magic is green. Why is Demonbolt red?
    Because fucking Kil'jaeden, the epitome of warlock magics, used red demonfire and most of early Legion fire was not green to begin with in Vanilla or even BC. Green fire was a neat evolution, but destro fire in its origins was red.

Our red fire is even different from fire mage's fire, which is yellowish orange while ours is a deep, darker red.

What color is fucking Sargeras? Oh, right, fucking red/orange, not a green fire avatar. Even his sword is a dark fiery red. The coven of Shivarra's fire tornadoes are red. Aggramar reborn under Sargeras was red fire. Argus under Sargera's control in mythic phase is fucking red, not fel green.

Red suits warlock just fine. Green is awesome, but there's no reason to deprive warlocks who like red fire from it. It goes great with many warlock sets, including the iconic Corruptor's raiment, old school malefic tier set, among other black/red motif tier sets.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-05-17 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshadowz View Post
    I've been doing some digging with no results, I am simply trying to confirm if our green fire will work with the new destruction animations.

Also, Channel Demonfire and Hellfire should not remain in their current form(Beta), those especially need to be doctored to be on par.

We are 3 1/2 months out from release, so hopefully this can be brought to the teams attention if it hasn't been already.
    I will post on bnet as well to hopefully get a blue response, Unless one of my fellow Warlocks here can semi-confirm.

Peace and Love, Inshadowz - Emerald Dream
    God i wish, sadly i doubt they will do anything about it... I really wish it would literally change ALL spells to green, cause it really sucks we got this green fire thing and slowly over time got it removed.
    Back in WoD it was fine, we still had hellfire in demo, demonic form, soul fire, and our demon pets effected by green fire. (abyssal and infernal plus mounts)
    aswell as a few others...
    now sadly demo literally has nothing, affliction has nothing
    and well im on it
    SOULFIRE FOR DESTRO!? WHAT THE UTTER FUCK!? Soulfire has ALWAYS been a demo spell since it first became an actual useable spell.

Soulfire was used plenty in vanilla/tbc by destro in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Because fucking Kil'jaeden, the epitome of warlock magics, used red demonfire and most of early Legion fire was not green to begin with in Vanilla or even BC. Green fire was a neat evolution, but destro fire in its origins was red.

Our red fire is even different from fire mage's fire, which is yellowish orange while ours is a deep, darker red.

What color is fucking Sargeras? Oh, right, fucking red/orange, not a green fire avatar. Even his sword is a dark fiery red. The coven of Shivarra's fire tornadoes are red. Aggramar reborn under Sargeras was red fire. Argus under Sargera's control in mythic phase is fucking red, not fel green.

Red suits warlock just fine. Green is awesome, but there's no reason to deprive warlocks who like red fire from it. It goes great with many warlock sets, including the iconic Corruptor's raiment, old school malefic tier set, among other black/red motif tier sets.
    As a red fire lover, I just wanted to say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

Because archimonde the epitome of warlock magics used green fel, and most of the early legion fire was not red to begin with, in vanilla or even bc. (Look at warlock teir 2, look at infernals, look at the fel magic in felwood, and also the green fires of the demonic machines) Green fire IS a neat evolution, but destro fire in its origin was some red (Chaos bolt has allways been green, and allways has been fel).

Our green fire is fel magic, not fire magic, we are asking for our FELFIRE back.

What colour was sargeras's avatars? green, his armies? green, even his original sword was green (The sword he stabs into the planet is a new one) Varimathras felfire? green, admirals? green fire, garothi? green fire, defence of elune? green fire, Imonar, green fire (with abit of red) Kingorath green fire, Portal keeper literally a shadow, felfire green, and normal fire.

Green suits warlocks just fine, red is awesome, theres no reason to deprive warlocks who like green fire from it, it does great witrh many warlock sets including the iconic, Nemesis set, the old classic plagueheart stuff, the literal class armor from mop challenge modes, and the original Grand marshal warlock gear for alliance back in vanilla. Among other green/gold motif tier sets

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Because archimonde the epitome of warlock magics used green fel, and most of the early legion fire was not red to begin with, in vanilla or even bc. (Look at warlock teir 2, look at infernals, look at the fel magic in felwood, and also the green fires of the demonic machines) Green fire IS a neat evolution, but destro fire in its origin was some red (Chaos bolt has allways been green, and allways has been fel).

Our green fire is fel magic, not fire magic, we are asking for our FELFIRE back.

What colour was sargeras's avatars? green, his armies? green, even his original sword was green (The sword he stabs into the planet is a new one) Varimathras felfire? green, admirals? green fire, garothi? green fire, defence of elune? green fire, Imonar, green fire (with abit of red) Kingorath green fire, Portal keeper literally a shadow, felfire green, and normal fire.

Green suits warlocks just fine, red is awesome, theres no reason to deprive warlocks who like green fire from it, it does great witrh many warlock sets including the iconic, Nemesis set, the old classic plagueheart stuff, the literal class armor from mop challenge modes, and the original Grand marshal warlock gear for alliance back in vanilla. Among other green/gold motif tier sets
    Point to my post where I said green fire was not something they should do. My current tmog is virtually green fire themed.

But the post I'm responding to is some guy who wants green fire at the expense of red fire. There are many people who like their red fire, and they shouldn't lose it just because some guy thinks green fits warlock better. After all, Gul'dan used both shades of fire, and Archimonde only used green fire in the WoD encounter while in the cinematics he was just fine with regular fire and his encounter at Hyjal also used red fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like always in each and every alpha/beta/gamma - they first do standard visuals and then after that is done they do green fire.

our fire starts out red, because we're not as powerful, we're not channeling enough fel to corrupt us enough to shoot green flames.

this isn't translated well in game, because everyone has to be on the same power level. but a warlock shooting green fire is a lot stronger than one shooting red fire. every one of sargeras' avatars had green fire. the reason sargeras was red? because his design was made back in the 90's, and his lore was that he was basically space satan, there were a lot more christian influences in 90's wow lore.

sargeras should have been green, but wasn't just for design consistency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    our fire starts out red, because we're not as powerful, we're not channeling enough fel to corrupt us enough to shoot green flames.

this isn't translated well in game, because everyone has to be on the same power level. but a warlock shooting green fire is a lot stronger than one shooting red fire. every one of sargeras' avatars had green fire. the reason sargeras was red? because his design was made back in the 90's, and his lore was that he was basically space satan, there were a lot more christian influences in 90's wow lore.

sargeras should have been green, but wasn't just for design consistency.
    well to be fair red isn't exactly a color unheard of when it comes to fel corruption

the orcs upon drinking even more demon blood turned red from green

Kil'Jeaden? Red.

I mean let's not kid ourselves and say there is any lore reason for this, it's just Blizzard deciding red looks cool too, sometimes.

But fel magic has always been green and Warlocks use fel magic and so our spells should be green, therefore they need to be upgraded to not look like trash.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2018-05-19 at 03:35 PM.

ohhhh and i've just bought the tome ;"""""(