Bugthesda won best game award for Fallout 76.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Bethesda still doesn't have any real competition in the specific kind of games they are making. Witcher 3 is a technically superior game to fallout 4 but i spent 300 hours in fallout 4 most of which was spent as soon as it launched until whenever I was finished. Meanwhile I played a quarter through the witcher 3 then forgot about it for 2 years before finally after a steam sale on the DLC forcing myself finish it.
    At this moment it's just the setting that floats Fallout's boat, but with next year's Far Cry, Rage2, and The Outer Worlds Bethesda can grab the shovel and bury themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bethesda still doesn't have any real competition in the specific kind of games they are making. Witcher 3 is a technically superior game to fallout 4 but i spent 300 hours in fallout 4 most of which was spent as soon as it launched until whenever I was finished. Meanwhile I played a quarter through the witcher 3 then forgot about it for 2 years before finally after a steam sale on the DLC forcing myself finish it.
    Modding is what makes the game great for me (and the side quests, the main story is usually meh). If mods didn't exist, then my playtime in these games would be similar to the Witcher 3.

I'm still having fun with Fallout 76. It's a buggy mess at times, but still fun. Only level 26, but I like their leveling system with the Perk cards. Character progress is nice as well, always upgrades to be found. Big map to explore as well, even if it is just an extension of Fallout 4 with worse graphics.

I bought the game for £19 (it's currently £17.99), I still strongly agree that the game is not worth anything close to £50, but I recommend it as an early access game for around £20.

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like competition has arrived:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post

For some reason i get a rick and morty vibe.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

outer worlds is the fallout game we deserve

Well I can no longer log on...

This is annoying. I think I'm taking a few weeks break.

No doubt it will be good story wise but sadly Obsidian aren't much better when it comes to the technical aspects of game making (both in terms of bugs/stability and making good polished gameplay) but hopefully now that they are owned by MS they can get some help in that department. But as someone who can enjoy the buggy messes that is Beth games, it will probably be awesome regardless.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Thanks to all the people playing this so i don't have to.
    Yeah I wouldn't even touch FO76 with a ten foot barge pole.. What I find interesting how people beat the crap out of companies like Blizzard over some of what they have done in the last couple of month's..

Yet reading some of the posts in this thread can't help but heap praise towards Bethesda and FO76, considering all the shoddiness that has been revealed that Bethesda has pulled over the last few days and weeks..

- - - Updated - - -

Now this is a game that I will be waiting for, as it does look like it will be fun..

Folks, let's keep discussion on Fallout 76. If you want to discuss Outer Worlds you're more than welcome to create a thread for that, but this isn't the place for it. Thanks.

After playing for a bit here is what I think now.

They made a mistake nerfing exp by 50% from higher level enemies.

They need to cut down the weight of objects by a good chunk. A rifle shouldnt weight 27 pounds while a minigun weighs 15.

The weight reducing perks are boring and only needed because they made things weight 66x more than they should. Combine them with the damage perks like rifleman.

Should be able to break down ammo for components to use to make other ammo types. Right now all you can do is just drop ammo you need since you cant even vendor it.

Increase vendors caps to at least 1000.

Stash weight is still a problem when it stops you from scavenging in a game where scavenging is a primary activity. Also constant repairs and fragile weapons mean you will burn through certain materials very fast and then be dead in the water when they are gone.

Massively buff weapon/armor durability. Having a gun "break" after 3 battles is plain stupid. Armor should be all you have to repair.

Fix major bugs. Two patches so far that skipped a lot of them and instead focused on balancing things that didnt really need it. Example being nerfing exp while leaving an item dupe glitch that's been there since beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post

They need to cut down the weight of objects by a good chunk. A rifle shouldnt weight 27 pounds while a minigun weighs 15.

The weight reducing perks are boring and only needed because they made things weight 66x more than they should. Combine them with the damage perks like rifleman.

Should be able to break down ammo for components to use to make other ammo types. Right now all you can do is just drop ammo you need since you cant even vendor it.

Stash weight is still a problem when it stops you from scavenging in a game where scavenging is a primary activity. Also constant repairs and fragile weapons mean you will burn through certain materials very fast and then be dead in the water when they are gone.

Massively buff weapon/armor durability. Having a gun "break" after 3 battles is plain stupid. Armor should be all you have to repair.

Fix major bugs. Two patches so far that skipped a lot of them and instead focused on balancing things that didnt really need it. Example being nerfing exp while leaving an item dupe glitch that's been there since beta.
    Agree that the weight perks should be matched with the damage perks. You spend so many perks on weight reduction. Also agree with ammo, if you don't use a type, you either horde it in case you will, or it's just a waste.

I've started putting some points in Luck and have been using the auto repair perks, even on one star it procs fairly often. I might just leave it one star as I've not had to repair any weapon since equipping it. The mats needed to repair armour are stupid (ballistic fibre), or I just have no luck finding it (yes I have it marked to find).

It's a shame really, it's a fun game (if you like Fallout 4 mechanics), just so many bugs. I've had to relog so many times to progress in a quest, and one relog doesn't always fix it.

I'm close to running out of space in my container, but I've not bulked anything yet, waiting till I run out of space. I can still craft from bulked scrap right?

I bet modders could fix these bugs if given the chance.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-12-07 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Agree that the weight perks should be matched with the damage perks. You spend so many perks on weight reduction. Also agree with ammo, if you don't use a type, you either horde it in case you will, or it's just a waste.

I've started putting some points in Luck and have been using the auto repair perks, even on one star it procs fairly often. I might just leave it one star as I've not had to repair any weapon since equipping it. The mats needed to repair armour are stupid (ballistic fibre), or I just have no luck finding it (yes I have it marked to find).

It's a shame really, it's a fun game (if you like Fallout 4 mechanics), just so many bugs. I've had to relog so many times to progress in a quest, and one relog doesn't always fix it.

I'm close to running out of space in my container, but I've not bulked anything yet, waiting till I run out of space. I can still craft from bulked scrap right?

I bet modders could fix these bugs if given the chance.
    You can still craft from bulk but apparently it only drops the weight of lead and aluminium I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can still craft from bulk but apparently it only drops the weight of lead and aluminium I think.
    Kinda makes bulking pointless for others, but would not surprise me in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda makes bulking pointless for others, but would not surprise me in this game.
    You don't bulk for space, you bulk so you can sell extra scrap to vendors for caps.

Bulking your junk is entirely meant for selling to to vendors. That's why you can't bulk junk that you can sell to the vendor normally like nuclear waste or gold scraps.

Vendor caps, i think a better solution would be to just combine the cap to all vendors. Running around to every different vendor in the game to sell isn't exactly thrilling gameplay.

I've seen suggestions on scrapped junk weighing 0 in the stash but have a cap of 1k each, seems like a good solution to me. That way you can use your stash limit towards weapons/armor instead.

The weight perks are indeed boring and feel far to needed but I really doubt they are going to start messing with that on such a scale. What I would like to see though is some kind of high level progression where you can combine cards, in theory you can amass an unlimited amount and a ton of duplicates. We should be able to 'scrap' them or something for a material used in order to combine cards, probably only available at 50+.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Bulking your junk is entirely meant for selling to to vendors. That's why you can't bulk junk that you can sell to the vendor normally like nuclear waste or gold scraps.
    Should let us bulk ammo for the same purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Vendor caps, i think a better solution would be to just combine the cap to all vendors. Running around to every different vendor in the game to sell isn't exactly thrilling gameplay.

I've seen suggestions on scrapped junk weighing 0 in the stash but have a cap of 1k each, seems like a good solution to me. That way you can use your stash limit towards weapons/armor instead.

The weight perks are indeed boring and feel far to needed but I really doubt they are going to start messing with that on such a scale. What I would like to see though is some kind of high level progression where you can combine cards, in theory you can amass an unlimited amount and a ton of duplicates. We should be able to 'scrap' them or something for a material used in order to combine cards, probably only available at 50+.
    Excellant ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You don't bulk for space, you bulk so you can sell extra scrap to vendors for caps.
    Ok so pointless. Unless you can't sell scrap in the first place?

Ok so pointless. Unless you can't sell scrap in the first place?
    You can't sell individual pieces of say steel scrap, you have to create a bulk of it to sell.