Jesus christ what is wrong with bethesda?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Wow.

I guess the worst part of this, is people will actually buy that.
    Unlimited storage for only 100 bucks champ, what a bargain!

Real talk this move along with the npc update delay screams some higher up going "okay, you haven't turned it around yet, you get a quarter to prove you can make a profit or the teams getting moved on and we are sticking you with a skeleton crew" or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Two letters in the name, "E""A"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

It costs more than PSNow or Xbox Games Pass.....

LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Uhm... price in the EU is a bit higher, lmao

Private games are finally coming. Only with a hefty monthly fee. I wonder if they'll ask some extra charge when and if they ever add the promised modding.

My fucking sides. There must be glitch in their system. Usually buggy, shit games go F2P to attract more players, not add sub fees for basic features that should've been there from launch.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    they started choking on the cock of an investment firm, and now that investment firm wants a return on their money.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they started choking on the cock of an investment firm, and now that investment firm wants a return on their money.
    Oh they started doing that long ago, that's why Oblivion was so shit and it's developement made most of the OG team leave.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Oh they started doing that long ago, that's why Oblivion was so shit and it's developement made most of the OG team leave.
    i thought that was console catering?

either way, definitely seems much worse now. game companies don't turn this bad until soulless suited up subhuman garbage gets involved.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i thought that was console catering?

either way, definitely seems much worse now. game companies don't turn this bad until soulless suited up subhuman garbage gets involved.
    Console catering is one of the aspects of catering to their investors. For broader appeal and customer base at expense of quality. And do remember it was Oblivion that introduced shit like Horse Armor DLC at the forefront of all this MTX shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Console catering is one of the aspects of catering to their investors. For broader appeal and customer base at expense of quality.
    ah, yeah, true i guess.

my hope for ES6 is dwindling. i'll be 40 years old and it'll be nothing but a let down.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    A monthly sub for private Seaver’s? They must be out of there ducking minds.

Guess I’ll never play 76 then this shit is indefensible.

Bethesda: And you thought we were done making dumb decisions and pissing everyone off. You silly fools!

This next E3 Bethesda conference should be interesting. At least if people still remember/care about this.

It amuses me that their sub is $12.99 for feature-access to a single game, in a market where publishers are increasingly rolling out $10-15 a month subs for access to rather large chunks of their back catalogs/platform holders allow access to a broad selection of recently released games.

But a lot of the hardcore FO fans will probably pay it, so it'll do well for them. Wouldn't be surprised if this is due to the cash shop not generating the kind of sustained revenue they were hoping for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1187009135595810816

THE ABSOLUTE AUDACITY OF THIS BITCH.
    I think the most insulting thing is how LITTLE you get for those 100dollars..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is due to the cash shop not generating the kind of sustained revenue they were hoping for.
    Oh, that is entirely why. They need more money out of it, so they're milking hard.

They should just give the IP to obsidian.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Holy shit...

Is Bethesda in some kind of competition to see how much they can screw up?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    While I don't agree with what Bethesda is doing with private servers (charging for it) if you look at 1 specific thing you get each month I think you can see why they are charging for it. By "giving" you 1,650 Atoms each month Bethesda is probably thinking anyone that buys this is getting a great deal given that many Atoms rounds out to about $14 to $15 per month, so them charging $12.99 monthly or $8.25 per month if you pay yearly, seems like a benevolent gift on their part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Why would obsidian even want it at this point when they already have Outer Worlds?
    Because fallout has a lot more name recognition? That matters

Just when I thought this game couldn't be more of a travesty.

Obsidian:
    "Our spiritual succesor to Fallout New Vegas is coming out in 2 days, so here you go: Check a bazillion streams, reviews and get the game for 3$ via Xbox gamepass! Have fun!"

Bethesda on the same day:
    "Hey Todd...what about a monthly subscription for 13$ for Fallout 76 with a second fast-travle spot and an endless crafting storage?"
    "Brilliant...charge 15 bucks in the EU. Europeans are so dumb, they won't even care "