Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Family pet mauls 8 month old to death.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-bab...092512847.html

Still can't believe people allow pitbulls around small children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Without opening thread i knew it was a pitbull. honestly at this point its just natural selection .

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Without opening thread i knew it was a pitbull. honestly at this point its just natural selection .
    I don't think it's the 8th month olds fault, but to the owners who get mauled by their own pets like the girl who was eaten by both of hers, yeah I agree with you.

oh surprise, suprise its a pitbull again. "but but its not the dogs fault its the owners for not bringing him up right" excuses incoming.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

No picture of the actual dog, claims it's a pit, and uses a threatening pit-looking dog to shove the point home. Also 2 other dogs (no breeds listed here) living in the home alleged. But sure, blame the 'pit bull' first.

Look, fair be it if -actual- pit bulls (the breed, not the umbrella term) cause more harm than other dogs, that doesn't excuse shitty language and fearmongering on next to no evidence.

I'm not defending a dog that mauled a kid to death, not at all, but I will criticize shitty articles doing fear-mongering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    oh surprise, suprise its a pitbull again. "but but its not the dogs fault its the owners for not bringing him up right" excuses incoming.
    Can't both be a factor?

pitbulls and parolees!

but yeah, garbage breed for edgy kids or people that never grew up.

Pitbulls are the cutest dogs...until they rip your face off. Yes we will see the usual excuses about how it's not the dog's fault, it's how they were raised, blah blah blah. At the same time ignoring every objective statistic that shows pitbulls are by far the most dangerous dog breed and are involved in most of these types of attacks, far more than any other breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No picture of the actual dog, claims it's a pit, and uses a threatening pit-looking dog to shove the point home. Also 2 other dogs (no breeds listed here) living in the home alleged. But sure, blame the 'pit bull' first.

Look, fair be it if -actual- pit bulls (the breed, not the umbrella term) cause more harm than other dogs, that doesn't excuse shitty language and fearmongering on next to no evidence.

I'm not defending a dog that mauled a kid to death, not at all, but I will criticize shitty articles doing fear-mongering.
    lmao no evidence... more than sure there is plenty of evidence here.

also when you read this and think man even if half of it is true pitbulls are useless

According to dogsbite.org, on average nearly two thirds of all fatal dog attacks in the U.S. are committed by pit bulls.

The advocacy group also claim that between 2005 and 2017, 27% (116) of all fatal dog attack victims were either visiting or living temporarily with the dog's owner at the time, with pit bulls inflicting 73% (85) of these deaths.

Children aged below 9 years old comprised two-thirds (76) of the total number of these attacks.

Of course it's pit bulls. People need to take a step back and realize that while it's not pit bulls's fault for the way they are, ignoring statistics and thinking that good training will trump breeding/genetics every time are putting themselves and small children at risk. Instinct and inbred traits are very strong drivers for behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I don't think it's the 8th month olds fault, but to the owners who get mauled by their own pets like the girl who was eaten by both of hers, yeah I agree with you.
    Its parent fault , which natural selection says they shouldnt get to continue their line .

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Of course it's pit bulls. People need to take a step back and realize that while it's not pit bulls's fault for the way they are, ignoring statistics and thinking that good training will trump breeding/genetics every time are putting themselves and small children at risk. Instinct and inbred traits are very strong drivers for behavior.
    precisely why I don't like poodles :3

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lmao no evidence... more than sure there is plenty of evidence here.

also when you read this and think man even if half of it is true pitbulls are useless

According to dogsbite.org, on average nearly two thirds of all fatal dog attacks in the U.S. are committed by pit bulls.

The advocacy group also claim that between 2005 and 2017, 27% (116) of all fatal dog attack victims were either visiting or living temporarily with the dog's owner at the time, with pit bulls inflicting 73% (85) of these deaths.

Children aged below 9 years old comprised two-thirds (76) of the total number of these attacks.
    Dogsbite.org is very biased. 'Pit bull' attack statistics include dogs that aren't genetically pit bulls, just as long as they look like one. So understand that when they list their statistics with pretty high numbers for 'pit bulls', it means ALL dogs of that type, amstaffs, pits, crossbreeds, dogs that look like both or either. They use an umbrella term to pad the numbers when other breeds are listed seperately.

That's pretty fucking disingenuous. If they are truly the worst biters, I want to know with proper statistics, not fearmongering hedhing of numbers.

And again, the article shows no picture of the alleged dogs, of which only 1 was claimed to be a pit bull. Again, pit bull is an umbrella term.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-bab...092512847.html

Still can't believe people allow pitbulls around small children.
    I saw one video of the mom talking and they show one of the dogs being loaded into the animal control truck. It was a pitbull. The mom said she doesn't blame the breed though. She wasn't even upset doing the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    I saw one video of the mom talking and they show one of the dogs being loaded into the animal control truck. It was a pitbull. The mom said she doesn't blame the breed though. She wasn't even upset doing the interview.
    Do link it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Dogsbite.org is very biased. 'Pit bull' attack statistics include dogs that aren't genetically pit bulls, just as long as they look like one. So understand that when they list their statistics with pretty high numbers for 'pit bulls', it means ALL dogs of that type, amstaffs, pits, crossbreeds, dogs that look like both or either. They use an umbrella term to pad the numbers when other breeds are listed seperately.

That's pretty fucking disingenuous. If they are truly the worst biters, I want to know with proper statistics, not fearmongering hedhing of numbers.

And again, the article shows no picture of the alleged dogs, of which only 1 was claimed to be a pit bull. Again, pit bull is an umbrella term.
    The article he linked doesn't show them but you can find pictures in other articles, even video of dogs being loaded into animal control trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    Lol...it's funny how people will stick with their beliefs even when losing a loved one due to said belief.

I like pit bulls, they are oftentimes very loving and sweet, but you can't ignore what they have been bred for in recent years..which is primarily aggression/dogfighting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Corgi4lyfe