Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warlocks new FOTM for BFA??

After more guildies got beta invites, a lot seem ‘sold’ on the new Demo. They think it’s awesome and OP. Most are now changing their mains to warlock. LOL.

However, knowing the history of warlocks. I feel like they will be the weakest after final tuning. Demo looks good but all the new abilities and talents feels like they don’t sync into a fluid rotation.

I don't think 2 of your guildies saying but not actually rerolling warlock makes them FOTM

Demo is also not tuned properly yet, I'm sure it'll be severely put in it's place.

From experience, here's what's gonna happen.

Everyone hyped about demo rolls lock, 1 month before BFA goes live, demo gets some tweaks to damage.

Some people will be pissed but overall people are still sorta hyped.

Week 2-4 of BFA, demo gets another nerf, people start to get pissed.

2nd-3rd month of BFA demo gets massive nerfs, rip demo.

Next 2-3 tiers demo is dogshit, welcome to warlocks.

Fun, what's that?

Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    However, knowing the history of warlocks. I feel like they will be the weakest after final tuning. Demo looks good but all the new abilities and talents feels like they don’t sync into a fluid rotation.
    I disagree. You have no downtime and there is a clear priority in the order in which abilities should be used, this is what I would consider to be a fluid rotation.

Currently 2 warlocks in my guild. And it looks like 4 wants to reroll to warlock for BFA. Although fairly certain 3 will quit the game within months.

New is always exciting so I wouldn't put too much into it at this moment

might have something to do with it being pretty much the only class/ spec that feels BETTER rather than worse compared to legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Demonology and Destruction are OPAF in beta, be sure that the balancing hammer will come down hard.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sure. Warlocks. Everyone should be one. All will reroll Warlocks, for it's the only way to be a Mythic Raider.

Soon, i'll be the only Priest in the Horde. A unique snowflake, special and brilliant.

Its really cool but dont pay attention to numbers. Locks still have ramp up time. Windwalker is the best dps to have with im a tank. I'm talking 5 mans now have not done any raid testing

warlock is always FoTM, people just don't realise it.

Yes DEMO is currently the best spec on Beta because some of the spells deals to much damage but I dont think its gonna last the whole expansion

Completely ignoring numbers Demo is easily one of if not thee most fun spec on the beta right now, while also being visually appealing. A lot of classes / specs are in a state that people aren't finding fun, which is pushing people to the few things that are fun.

You couple that with the numbers, and yeah...
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I suffered through Legion as Demo. If someone dares call me a FOTM player come BfA i may have some unpleasant words for them.

Demo is still a spec that gets heavily punished by movement. Tell them to play destro or aff like every other smart warlock.

It will be nerfed during heroic week.

it was the same with this xpac, all the changesto demo meant that it was super amazing, then the nerf bat was swung and everyone swapped to destroy and affliction. I kept my lock destroy and have had no issues, but I am far from a cutting edge raider. I hope that they can at least try to keep all three specs close though, I like seeing a variety in my raid groups

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demo will be fun especially when you have an ability to summon some of the old raid bosses to fight for you, example is Prince Malchazaar from the old Karazhan raid..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by braujoloil View Post
    it was the same with this xpac, all the changesto demo meant that it was super amazing, then the nerf bat was swung and everyone swapped to destroy and affliction. I kept my lock destroy and have had no issues, but I am far from a cutting edge raider. I hope that they can at least try to keep all three specs close though, I like seeing a variety in my raid groups
    Yeah would be nice the only issue I had was not having the decent AOE that one has with destro and afflic..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    From experience, here's what's gonna happen.

Everyone hyped about demo rolls lock, 1 month before BFA goes live, demo gets some tweaks to damage.

Some people will be pissed but overall people are still sorta hyped.

Week 2-4 of BFA, demo gets another nerf, people start to get pissed.

2nd-3rd month of BFA demo gets massive nerfs, rip demo.

Next 2-3 tiers demo is dogshit, welcome to warlocks.

Fun, what's that?
    This is pretty much the cycle, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    After more guildies got beta invites, a lot seem ‘sold’ on the new Demo. They think it’s awesome and OP. Most are now changing their mains to warlock. LOL.

Well as things are going it sure isn;t going to be affliction.

Demo is huge fun and very engaging but basing a decision on the numbers in beta is pointless, cos they always doa balancing pass before release.

And if they don't...demo will get hammered into the ground after the two first weeks of live.

Quote Originally Posted by braujoloil View Post
    Which spec is destroy? Have they added a 4th warlock spec?