Thread: AI is soooo bad

AI is soooo bad

Sonya was AI all game long. Ended up 1-10 in 20 mins...was already dead 3 times at 2:22min wtf. In the end of the game she was just walking few steps and started teleport, then aborted, did few steps started teleport again...at least 5 times consecutive. No one was pinging during that time. When we did an objective fight and we won, even when all were full HP including her, she always wnt back to the base and never joined the push. We always tried to ping but her main focus was teleporting back to the bas all game long...lol.

I understand AI cant be to good, it for sure shouldnt be an advantage when someone dcd..but this lol

The AI itself is usually pretty decent. It's when it replaces a player that it somehow breaks.

They seem to break in a new way every patch. I wish they'd atleast fix the stuff where they just straight up feed into buildings...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The AI system isn't bad, it's significantly better than the old system in beta was, hell tbh if you play a pure AI game on high difficulty your team will often be better than ones you get in quick match. The issue you're experiencing is that when a player DC's they get replaced by an easy mode AI instead of a skilled one, which while annoying is somewhat understandable, one of the devs explained it some time ago with the logic that if a hero league game is lost by the actions of a bad AI that's better for "the game" than if it is won by the actions of a good AI.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i get a DC and reconnect i usually watch what's happening on my wifes' screen - random stops and hearthstoning back usually happen when you are quite close to reconnect
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    That's the reason why so many people enjoy playing against AI.

Sounds about the same as most trash players I get teamed with.

Well, when u play AI game u can choose difficulty. Highest AI is pretty smart and play better than average player in qm, makes nice combos, accurate skillshots etc. There are some inadequacies like random teleporting, runing in circles or broken stealth heroes who have no idea what to do and are stucked in stealth mode (especially Valeera). But lowest AI is dumb as hell, and I think this one is chosen to replace missing player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The AI system isn't bad, it's significantly better than the old system in beta was, hell tbh if you play a pure AI game on high difficulty your team will often be better than ones you get in quick match. The issue you're experiencing is that when a player DC's they get replaced by an easy mode AI instead of a skilled one, which while annoying is somewhat understandable, one of the devs explained it some time ago with the logic that if a hero league game is lost by the actions of a bad AI that's better for "the game" than if it is won by the actions of a good AI.
    The problem with that is that at higher levels of play the game becomes completely impossible to win if someone disconnects or leaves, since the AI is so brain dead that it can't even follow simple commands like follow the player even when you have the AI pinged. On top of that, the team with the AI Hero gets a full penalty by losing as many points as if the game was like any other game, which is not a fair system. Doesn't help that there is little to no substantial punishment to the leaver, which adds salt to the wound even further.

If they are going to keep having bots take over as well as make it count as a legitimate game by the amount of points given/taken, then the AI difficulty has to scale with the league bracket so that they can be at least semi-competent. Otherwise, just remove the bot completely from the game so that it can at the very least no longer feed the enemy.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-06-18 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    one of the devs explained it some time ago with the logic that if a hero league game is lost by the actions of a bad AI that's better for "the game" than if it is won by the actions of a good AI.
    That makes sense...but i think there is still a difference between a bad AI and a straight up and down trash one. Dying 3 times in 2:22 mins???
    I meam that could even be an achievemnt and challenging to get

I personally witnessed 2 AI Valla walk past her teams minions and all the way to the tower, the first time the minions were at the clear opposite side of the map, the other one was on my team

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I personally witnessed 2 AI Valla walk past her teams minions and all the way to the tower, the first time the minions were at the clear opposite side of the map, the other one was on my team
    I saw an AI Deckard Cain who was CONVINCED he was a split push hero, and was so determined to push towers that he would facetank them to hit them with his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    That's the reason why so many people enjoy playing against AI.
    I've started playing against AI more often for dailies, and it's hilarious to watch them sometimes.

Like, Tychus using his dash to move quickly BACK into me instead of away when he was one auto attack away from death, so I killed him.
    Another game, my team took a siege camp, and you know how the little circles appear on the ground where they're going to throw their rocks?
    There was two circles like a venn diagram, and Nazeebo was stuck right in the middle where both overlapped, so he'd go left to try to move out, register he's only in one circle but it's faster to move right now to get out, to move right back into the over lap to try to move left again, and repeat.
    So he basically just spun in a circle and got hit by both.

But god forbid you poly bomb one, they'll split apart like experts then.

One of those funny moments vids youtubers should make a compliation of most idiotic AI moves. Would probably be pretty funny.

Few days ago i had Garrosh AI who just kept running into enemy forts...alone. Even though we kept pinging on him to follow. In the other hard, some other AIs were not THAT bad. I suppose it depends on which hero it is.

They really need to improve the AI you get as hero replacement.

I actually wonder sometimes if they deliberately give you a stupid AI because the high level AIs would stomp pugs so bad you'd be incentivised to have people DC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.